Custom-made Wedding Bands

love14

hello, flowee..

you can try Tian Poh jewellery. i heard from their sales person that they actually do customised wedding bands. but, you must be prepared to pay more.

flower

Hi flowee,

I got my wedding band custom-made at Flower, and I'm a happy camper.. ;) Their workmanship is pretty good...

flowee

Pcoral
Found out from the sales person @ Tian Po tat
they dun custom make weddin bands...
Tks 4 ur infor...

Flower
Can i hv the address of Flower???
How does ur weddin band looks like???

angelia

hi,
Je Taime also makes customized rings. I made my ROM rings and church rings there. Je Taime and Flower is side by side on the 2nd or 3rd floor of Taka.

flower

Hi Flowee,

Flower's at Ngee Ann City. It's just beside Larry's Jewellery. From the escalator where Tag Heuer is, just take the escalator up to the second floor - you should see it right there..
happy.gif

My wedding band's pretty simple with lotsa small small "diamond-lets".. I've a picture of it - if you're keen, I can email it to you..
happy.gif

love14

hello, Flowee..

Sorry for misleading you. I guess, that salesperson misled me too...so angry with guy!
angry.gif

btw, just out of curiousity, wat kind of design do you have in mind?

Initially, i was thinking of customised my wedding bands too. but, managed to find something that both my FH and I liked. So, we just bought them over the counter.

Good luck to you in making the perfect wedding bands for yourself and your FH!
happy.gif

flowee

pcoral

i aint blamin u 4 the infor...
no worries...

i fall 4 this weddin band which i come across from aspial...
aint those conventional weddin band...
these r thicker than normal ones width @ 0.6cm...
a matt 'rugged' look white gold weddin band...
one pcs will cost us ard 1.7k 4 the lady's & ard 1.4k 4 the guy's...
thought of cuttin cost by gettin a jeweller 2 custom-make it 4 us instead...
will change the material to platinum coz white gold rings will turn yellowish due 2 the reaction between our sweat...

love14

hello, Flowee...

Oh..i know which wedding bands you are refering to..Yah, the design are very unique and very strong looking..

I saw the wedding band in Aspial and i thot that they are ridiculously expensive too.

love14

hello, Flowee...

Yah, i saw the pics of your wedding bands already. Sent you mine too..
happy.gif

it's what i have seen and liked in Aspial. I thot they are very unique and very rugged look...seems to be very suitable for someone with strong personality.

of course, most importantly of all, how do they look on your and your FH's finger?

btw, when is your BIG day?

i think i bought mine too early. So, it's left to collect dust in my drawer.
lame.gif

rabbitpie

Hi gals

Looks like we all like the same kind of wedding bands... mine is a bit like what flowee described. V rugged and strong, in fact a bit "pai-kiah" looking.
wink.gif
Our bands are platinum and are made by a friend who is a jeweller with his own factory. Price is very reasonable compared to what the shops charge. Flowee, if you're interested, email me and I can pass you the contact.

pinkapple

Hi Flowee,

thought I just give my views on ya wedding bands. here.
happy.gif

They're really nice.

but I think u might wanta consider how it'll look on ya hand. like what pcoral said.

From the picture u sent me, the rings are "rugged n strong" so if u have v small hands, mayb it may not look so good on u. cos from the picture, the band seems quite thick to me.

flowee

Hi gers

pcoral aka vivian
Tks 4 sendin mi ur weddin bands...
So "Great minds think alike", I personali find them veri unique and love the very rugged look...
The centre design signify 2 person unitin as 1...
happy.gif

Fall in love with it when I 1st browse ard with my colleague...
As my FH fingers r quite big size 19.5, he aint able 2 take those thin conventional bands...
My finger size is 9.5...
Tried both thin & thick bands concluded I can take both of them...

Mentioned in the email my big daz is on 28 Mar...
happy.gif

rabbitpie
Howdy...
happy.gif

Can I hv a look @ ur bands & of coz the contacts of the jeweller???
Tks....

pinkapple
Oops sorie I muz hv 4gotten u had given ur view...
The thick band looks nice on my size 9.5 finger...
Do u happened 2 hv a pic of ur bands???

Inki
Howdy...
happy.gif

Can I hv a look @ ur bands???
Will send mine 2 u...
Tks...
happy.gif

pinkapple

Hi Flowee,

paisay. I dun have a pic of my wedding ring leh. mayb after my wedding then will have.. hee... that'll b dec.
:p

pinkapple

oink168

hi all
happy.gif

may i know how much does flower and je taime charge for custom-made platinum wedding bands? thanks!!!

missmoo

Hi gals,

i would want to customise my wedding bands too...does anyone know where i can source for pics of bands (me got no idea wat design i like)....thanks!

cody

Go to Je-Taime at Ngee Ann City. Look for Doris.
She has 2 - 3 trays of wedding band designs.
She's v nice, no obligations wan ...

I went there to look for designs actually
but eventually custom made my rings there
it's more expensive, but the quality is alot better than Lee Hwa, Aspial, etc etc

I paid almost $1k for the 2 rings, mine includes a 0.1 diamond. Both our rings are thicker than normal, and heavier....price really depends on your designs.

Let me know if you are going to do your rings with Doris. I can give her a call and tell her that i'm referring you to her ... she'll give discount.

Happy ring hunting!

flowee

hi

i custom made mine @ a jeweller @ lower delta...
cost us 1k+ 4 2 thick bands of 0.6mm thk...
mine comes with a 0.05 diamond...
i 'copied' a design from the FJ series from Aspial n asked the jeweller 2 custom made 4 us...
coz the FJ is done in white gold whereas the custom made 1 is done in platinum...
the original FJ ones will cost us 3k+ in white gold n even more in platinum...

the prices of the band depends greatli on the weight n also the material used...
white gold ones r cheaper than platinum ones...
noted white gold will turn yellow after reactin with our sweat...
can pass u the contact if u r interested...
happy.gif

bear

Hi

Just want to drop a note. I custom made my tiffany rings from Queensway ( Bright Jewellery)

quite a good buy ( $1600) I had a pair of rubies with diamond and & my husband had his sapphires with diamnond.

One red, one blue...

sep03

hi gals..

thanks so much for your suggestions...the big big problem is i haven't really figure out wat design we want....jus know its better to get plat....

one thing i like abt FJ brand is the comfort that u get when u put it on....btw, can i check how much i can expect to pay for if i want to get plat ones...with 3 very small princess cut diamonds?...

M

mmay

hi all!

can someone pls advise how long custom-made platinum rings usually take to be ready? (from design process to end product). any input would be appreciated. thanks!

flowee

missmoo = sept03???

its best u check with aspial...
i did check the other time on the design i fancy..
the plat price is 2x of the white gold price...

cody

custom made rings will take a few weeks ... need at least 2 fittings before you get the final product.

Sep 03, if you go to Doris (Je'Taime, Ngee Ann City), tell her u want to try their Comfort-Fit rings.

My hub never wears rings because he finds them uncomfortable. But w the comfort fit, haha, he doesn't mind wearing one now !

cody

Sep03: mine was a very plain design. White gold, high polish (ie very shiny), comfort fit.

Mine is 3.5mm with a 0.1 carat diamond, whereas hub's is plain with no diamond in 4mm.

Like i mentioned earlier, Je Taime has lots of designs. I had in mind some other unique designs, but coz i couldn't decide, my hub took over the decision making process and made a plain one.

My sis and her sis in law also made their wedding bands there. Not sure what her sis in law made, but my sis had a half-eternity ie half the ring is covered in a row of small diamonds each held in 4 claws. Very nice!

If you have some other designs in mind eg fr Tiffany, cartier etc, just bring her a pix of the design and she'll get her jewellers to copy.

savoir

Hi, I visited Je t'aime and am thinking of ordering my wedding bands from them.

Any of you purchased from them before? What do you think of their prices and workmanship?

jowie

Hi savoir

I got my wedding bands from Je Taime! My hub was very pleased wif their service, especially wif their salesman Raymond...always stayed there for hours for the 2 of them to chat! we tink dat their workmanship is good, very define...u will know the difference if u compared wif other retailers

cody

My sister and i both got our rings fr JeTaime. Our salesperson was Doris.

Their prices are reasonable, and the quality is good!

See my earlier contributions to this thread.

savoir

Hi Jowie and Cody,

Thanks for your replies. We were quoted $1700 for a pair of platinum weddding bands, plain ones, no diamonds.
Lady 3.7mm wide, 1.5mm thick, size 11.
Man 4.2mm wide, 1.8mm thick, size 17.25

Is that too high a price?

jowie

savoir....i dun really know how to compare...mine is...
4mm wide, 2mm thick, size 20
my hub is size 23...both rings wif 0.08pt diamond, white gold...cost $1.9k for both

angelia

hi savoir,
I think it really depends on the price of Gold also or platinum at point of time. The best comparison, maybe you should go to other jewellers, with the same design, then ask them to quote you. I also made 2 pairs of rings with them.

For me I custom made 2 pairs for rings for 2.5k.
1 pair of simple white gold rings
Lady one is around 2 mm wide, and 1 mm thick , size 10.
Men one i think around 3 mm wide, and 1+ mm thick, size 18 (total 700 dollars)

1 gold ring size 18 (this one quite thick) cannot remember the measurements - 600 dollars
One diamond solitaire 0.235 , F color, (cannot remember the VS details.), size 10 with gold band - 1200 dollars .

Erm, since we made so many rings, we ask them to give us a good discount.

L

littlechillipadi

Personally went down to Flower and Je'taime,to take alook. Although they have alot of designs, they are still quite expensive $800 - 900. My friend recommended me Canary Diamonds at Delfi Orchard. Both William and Judy at Canary treats you like friends, very friendly. They can custom made rings in 2 weeks. Had mine done for $600 a pair. I feel that Aspial and Soo Kee rings are very hollow and at $500 each..

stars

hi littlechillipadi,

are both yr rings with diamonds or plain ?

coz i also thot of custom making. have been to those jewellery shops, but none caught my eyes...

hachoo

Hi Stars,

Maybe you can also try Fairy Inc & Wedding Marriage at Delfi. I making mine at WM.

Both shop have great service and reasonable price.

L

littlechillipadi

Hi Stars

Husband is plain (cos he dun like diamonds) platium looking but it is actually white gold polsihed to look like platinium, mine is 2 bands at both edges and you can feel the heaviness of the gold instead of the hollow feeling Aspial and Soo Kee has.

L

littlechillipadi

Hi Stars

What affects the cost is the cost of white gold, not the difficulty/complication in design, try flipping thru foreign magazines which shows alot of intricate design and you can custom make