Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport

missybrooklynn

i've found the photos of the poolside. thought of having my ROM here. so hope any kind souls can send me their packages. thanks..
happy.gif

penguinna

hi jen...

was unsuccessful...because the carpark is owned by changi airport, not CP, therefore they're unable to give complimentary parking coupons.....

i tink they're only able to give 2-3 parking lots for our bridal cars and maybe the cars for parents' bah.......

hopefully, they can work something out...since more and more ppl are getting notice of CP...everyone will ask them for it .......

*cross fingers*

imouto222

Hi Fea, did they promise you that if they manage to work something out with Changi before your wedding, they will provide you anything?

cheesebun

was told by CP they can provide 2 reserve tables for 22 guaranteed tables. But other hotels i'd enquire will give the 2 reserve tables for anything above 20 guarantee tables.

No complimentary parking and still ask for so much. Basically they want u to hit their max capacity of 25 lor.

sillycow

Hi CP BTB,

Glad this thread is started...
Im going down to meet Jesmi to view the ballroom tomorrow...Im planning my AD in OCT 09
Any tips to give me?
happy.gif

I hope my HTB likes the hotel...

noknok

I manage to get 10% Parking. They say pending neg. success with CAAS or the future owner. If not successful they'll refund me through cash card system or something like that.

My date is 19 Sept 2009.

Am going to take the 1108 package I think, I feel that the 948 package menu not very good.

penguinna

hi hi noknok

u r serious?? you manage to get 10% of the complimentary parking? who did you liaise with? what are the conditions to get that complimentary?

noknok

that's what he say.. I haven't sign yet. I signed liao confirm black n white then i put the details here k. Scared backfire.

princess_girl

hi noknok,

Pls help to confirm. So that those signed up can talk to our coordinators on this....Who do you liasie with? I have also already signed up ROM package with CP and Jesmi told me that complimentary packing is still negoitating with the airport management....Parking at CP for 24hrs will need to cost around $17+++ according to her...Pls confirm with ur coordinator aad share with us...Thanks for the updated info

noknok

Yeah, he told me it's still under neg. too.. hee.. Sort of have contacts and he gave me out of goodwill. Don't think it's their standard to give yet. Dun wanna put him in a bad position.

awhimsicaljen

noknok: no offence but i think you've already put yr coordinator as well as the other coordinators like jesmi in a difficult position since everyone here will be demanding for the same thing now...

noknok

Oh well.. that's true.. but dun wanna you all to lugi here mah.. Maybe the package you take matters. I'm taking the most expensive one. $1108/table. Maybe tat's why they still hv the leeway to give me parking allowanaces.

And I also ask them to take away the wedding favors. Am going to buy outside on my own.

penguinna

if CP is going to give the complimentary parking according to how expensive the package is..then i guess they may have to sacrifice many of their potential clients... becos all other hotels are offering complimentary parking no matter what type of package the couple purchase.

nevertheless, noknok, thanks for sharing.. at least we all know that there is a tiny winny possibility of having the parking coupon complimentary..... and we're able to bring this issue up again to our coordinators when the time is ripe....hahah

princess_girl

Nokok is right, we should share information here. ....hotel should not give different perks to different couples, no matter is the expensive package or cheapest package all should be standardised. This is y we have this tread here to talk abt CP...Thanks for sharing noknok. I will also talk to my coordinator when it is near to my ROM date but will not quote names as to which CP coordinator is offering this carpark complimentary. If anyone who manage to get carpark complimentary, pls help to update us.

Thank you.

noknok

Hey gals.. sorry, I din get the 10% in the end as well. They say the neg. not going well.. So.. yeah.. back to square one

zel

HI ALL ^.^
wow.. been some time since i last login and quite a number of new members in here.. WELCOME =)

hmm.. seeing alot of discussion flying ard with some having issues mainly of the carpark.

Well, my point of view for the complimentary parking is not that CP has a choice not to give it to the customers.
Believe they are also in difficult position as they do not own any carpark there.

If we really like the ballroom so much n want so much to hold our dream wedding there, think this carparking issue should not hinder us as we can find a way to compensate our guest if we don't feel good.

Like what gLadZ will be doing.. giving NTUC vouchers in return for those who drive, which i think it's a really good idea.

zel

So, is there any more updates to the excel sheet after fea?

pea wedding..
How's u with ur MIL? *hugs*
Did ur hubby had a good talk with her?

Jen..
Don't let other's comments bother u.
The main and most important point is.. U & UR HUBBY LIKE IT! this is ur wedding.. not theirs..
cheer up ^.^ *hugs*
so how's ur planning going on?

gLadZ..
how's ur wedding preparation goin on?
which BS are u goin for ur PS?
n when is ur PS?

gladz

Hi Zel!

Welcome back!
happy.gif

Been quite some time i come into this thread too... was away in China for work for a while...

Hmm..my wedding preparation kinda come into a stand still..hehe..cos already got CP as the banquet venue..my BS also confirm..it LaBelle.. No prewedding PS..dun intend to have it cos tight budget..but has asked my PG to do some outdoor shoots on the actual day morning after gate crashing cos tea ceremony will be at the hotel in the evening, so meanwhile in the morning got time, can go for PS..save $$ hehe...

Meanwhile, me just waiting for after CNY to go try the gowns...so now trying to lose some weights while preparing to run the coming marathon :p

My PS is Yong How from 1950 Photo, and my VG is Why Keen from Ichiro...

How about you??

awhimsicaljen

hi zel!

I guess I haven't updated you guys but I've already signed the contract with CP and paid the deposit too! so now I'm an official bride-to-be with CP!!
happy.gif

awhimsicaljen

hey gladzm you know what my BS is also LaBelle!! and that's not all! My actual day PS is also from 1950 photography!! but my photog will be Chuien Feng instead!! I can't believe the coincidences!! guess we must have similar tastes huh?
happy.gif

have u been posting at LaBelle's forum? in fact, i'm just done with part 1 of my PS with Labelle!
happy.gif

zel

Hi gLadz =)

oh!! Which part of China? n how's the weather there now? Well.. as i'll also be travelling to Shanghai in mid-dec for work too..

Wow good good.. glad for u that at least u've settled ur banquet n BS.
hahahaa.. YES YES.. u really have a good way of saving $$$.. 2 thumbs up for ya ^.^

Well as for me.. i've yet to have time to sit and discuss with my hubby whether to be in mis-Oct next yr or push it till 2011 leh..
kinda so far away but can also lose more weight and save more money.. kekekee =p

I've already signed up with BS le.. which is My Dream Wedding. If to hold my AD next yr, will go for PS in Apr'09 lor.
That is all on my part le.. very little hor =(
so envy u..

zel

hi Jen..

hehee ^.^ glad for ya!! 3rd signed up with CP in this thread..
so u signed for both the Pool and Ballroom for ur ROM and banquet?

How much deposit did u pay?

penguinna

hihi girls.... it's been a while !! *wave*

jen: congrats! finally settling with CP....
happy.gif
at least 1 load off your mind, right?

i'm also like gladz, the wedding preparation came to a "pause" after settling on CP...... my BS is golden horse award Marina SQ and my AD PG is Damian Tan Photography.....we do not intend to have any videographer....probably just ask our fren to video those funny shots like the gate crashing moments.......

as my wedding will be held over 2 days.... i tink we will go somewhere for a photoshoot after the tea ceremony with our brother&sister gang.....

the following day, just before the dinner commence, we will take some shot ard CP or even somewhere inside the airport if the time permits.... my secret wish is to take at the runway!!! hahah...but i know that's IMPOSSIBLE !!

now its the time to get tone up and wait for the gown trying after CNY...... i tink my PS will be in May next yr bah....

daleth

hi guys, my FW and I are interested in the venue after looking at their function room for banquet. However, we do have consideration that there is no complimentary carpark for guest.

Anyone have their food tasting yet?

What is the deposit amount for CP?

princess_girl

Hi everyone,

Recently this tread seems like abit quiet.... anyone has any updates regarding CP? It seem like everyone in this tread are all CP bride-to-be.. Where is all the bride that has already have their wedding dinner in CP? Can also share their experience with us?

I am looking forward to my solmnisation at CP, now count down to less than 3 months time. Anyone has idea regarding the rooms? My HTB and I are thinking of taking a night stay at the hotel but we are considering which kind of facing is the best ( facing budget terminal or facing the poolside or facing the runway? Can share with me which one do u all prefer? Thanks.

awhimsicaljen

i prefer the one facing the poolside
happy.gif

in fact, does anyone know when the next wedding at CP will be? i want to go down and take a look at the actual deco!

gladz

Hi, been a long time since im here...

zel..
I was in Shanghai, Wuxi & Suzhou...the weather's was nice..cool but not that cold...maybe by the time you go there, the temp will dip to colder temp...

Jen,
Wow....we have so much in common!! so how's your 1st PS with laBelle?? share your pic leh...
happy.gif
Which gown did u go for? I went to the thread to read only, didn't post anything yet cos I'll only go select my gown after CNY... read that the gown sizing like kinda small right? now v stress..trying to lose as much wt as possible.. hehe.. anyone got any tips?? :p

Princess..
For the room, I actually selected the one facing the runway cos i think that's more special...but the only con is that maybe we can a bit of noise when the planes land and take off... the room is sound proof but think u can still hear a a bit...

princess_girl

Thanks Jen and gLadZ for the advice..

Ya I am also very keen to know when is the next wedding or Solmnisation that will be held in CP. I am also very interested to go down to take a look at the actual thing... But accordingly to the CP manager , i did proopse to go down to have a look at other pple solmnisationat the poolside but she told me cannot because is a restricted area for the wedding guests only..... Just like to check will all ur HTB driving? Since CP doesnt provide any complimentary parking, on the wedding dat itself all ur cars will be parking at T3 carpark? We are also take consideration into if we stay a night in CP accordingly to the CP manager , it will cost abt SGD18/per day to park our car for 24hrs. So we are considering if to stay a night there or to choose another hotel in town instead.....Any opinion?

awhimsicaljen

gladz: i haven't seen my pics yet! mine is a bit complicated cos i have 2 PS. the 1st PS was in phuket and im gonna have another one in Sg in Jan! So most likely ill only view the pics when i go down for my gown fitting for the Sg shoot! will share if the pics are nice!! haha

princess: i havent seen the one facing the runway actually! i'll definitely be staying the night at CP cos it's too much of a hassle to move to another hotel after the dinner!

gladz

Hi everyone!

Good news! I just got an email from CP saying they will give 10% complimentary carpark coupons.. not 20% like other hotels though..

daleth: I haven't gone food tasting yet, but think should be pretty good cos the food from the chinese restaurant is yummy

melody_fav

Hi all
Im quite keen on the CP too.. heard that already open for booking even for year 2010..
the ballrm attracted me alot.. hehe.. anyway, doesnt anyone check if the theme for the outdoor / poolside solenmisation deco can be amend to our ideal? or its fixed as CP's colour theme ( red) that they email to us?

skyvenus

hi all

i went to CP's wedding showcase last sat n they provide 12% compli parking on tat day but not really enough for me.. also bridal car can park for free overnight..i have issue with the menu though n changing the soup to sharkfins need addiitonal $250 per table..location abit far..so though it looks really nice and new..tink i will give it a miss..

princess_girl

Hi everyone,

10% complimentary packing? Really confirm? So happy to hear that.... but mine is ROM at CP. Not sure whether I can get complimentary parking for my guests or not. I did not receive any email from my CP manager abt this news.

krisbie

Hi all,

I signed up with Crowne during their wedding show 2wks ago too, but unlike Venus, i only get 10% complimentary parking & it includes the bridal car parking, =(

worst thing is, when we signed, we asked them twice abt any additional costs of vegetarian guests amongst a table of normal guests, they said NO. we even asked them to confirm with their mgmt again. n since they came back with NO ADD COST. we signed on the spot & told them to write it down in black & white on contract.

Now, another coordinator called & said they made a mistake & we have to pay extra for veg. guests!! their mistake became my problem?!?!

We are expecting at least 10 guests amongst the tables, so its not cheap at al!! $900 over more!!

Wat should I do?

skyvenus

if i were u..i will make sure they compensate every single cent for THEIR mistake..else i will void the contract..tats my 2 cents worth..

krisbie

ya at 1st i tot o voiding the contract too if they insist, but my HTB said, Crowne has nothin to lose if we void it, bcox there wil b others who r willin to take up the place eventually...

in fact, we wil b at the losing end bcox we wil have to search n bargain for a place again, n most wedding showcases r over alr.. plus my AD in Oct09, most good hotels r taken by now i guess...

since its written black & white, they cant do anythin rite? if not can i lodge a complaint with CASE?

summer_ice

hey krissy, guess you should argue with them through, it is stated in black and white and you've signed and paid the deposit, they should honour the contract, if not it defeats the purpose of having a contract right?

zljoan

hello!
gosh..Crowne was one of my top choices till I read bout Krissy's experience....nonetheless, Crowne's gonna be part of the BOWs exhibition next week, am gonna check it out.

Anyone completed their banquet with CP on a weekday yet?

Any advice to note will be greatly appreciated!
happy.gif

yawnzzz

hi all, i think the 10% complimentary parking is confirmed as it is stated in the wedding package emailed to me from CP. Quote: "Complimentary car park coupons based on 10% of your confirmed attendance"

princess_girl

Hi everyone,

anyone here can share with me the previous wedding show at CP? bcose I am having my ROM next month in CP at poolside... the decoration are yet to be finalised by this few weeks... any pointers to take note? anyone have the quotation on the floral decoration? any pic to share?

daleth

Gladyz > Thanks for the update...
happy.gif

Wow, at least they are doing something about the parking.

Wasted my FW and I were so busy that we missed the bridal show under CP.

Btw, anyone going for the BOWS 2009, CP is one of the participating hotels?

In terms of the decor, do they have their in house florist or we need to engage our own?

If they have in house florist, can we still use our own florist or we must stick only to their florist?

Anyone has their decor pics?

Can help share some experience once you gals visited it?