Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport

zel

hmmmm.. i agree with princess.
i think they need some time for some of the issues as they're still new, which they haven officially launched yet actually.

so princess, how's ur ROM preparation goin on?
i think no need to really spend too much into ROM, as the time is just 2-3 hours usage for them which u'd mentioned as well.

zel

hi gladz..

GLAD for ya.. signed up with them le ^.^
u're the first in this thread who'd signed up.. hehee!!

hmmm, i think they're kinda strict in their bargaining.
Try to stay firm gladz.. ask them what others u can get?
How many percent of confirmed guest for ur invitation cards?
n Do they provide free printing of ur invitation cards?

so how's ur solemnisation? Doing it together during ur dinner?

princess_girl

Hi Zel,

We are still checking with the hotel manager the details for the ROM. Our ROM will be early next year. We will sign up after clarifying our doubts. I agreed with you that they did not provide us any extra perks that I felt that not very customer-orientated and attractive in their package. we chose CP bcose it is new and Changi Airport T3 is a memorable place for us. They are very strict on giving the extra perks. My HTB and I have requested for a complimentary night stay for our ROM and CP is unable to provide. They only provide complimentary 1 night stay for wedding dinner... But CP will give special rates to us at SGD260++ if we would like to stay there for a night. I think they should make their packages attractive then more couples will sign up with them, at the same time also for publicity...
My HTB said if we really need those extra set-up then no choice have to take lor...bcose we are at outdoor no microphone abit weird...out guest might not hear our vows... As for the floral deco, the quotation from the hotel is not out yet...so we are waiting for it and see how first....

do anyone here have any lobang on AV system service to recommend?

Zel...will you be signing with CP for wedding dinner? or ROM and wedding dinner at CP? are u satisfied with what CP has provided?

gladz

Hi zel,

Thanx ya..din know I'm the 1st one who signed up with them in this thread...hehe :p

Ya, gonna do the solemnization before the wedding...cant have a church wedding...so intend to do a "church-like" march-in with my mum..hehe.. was thinking of finding a JP who's a pastor and who do civil wedding...it'll be good if my wedding n marriage is blessed...

Ya, can't negotiate much stuff with them...guess they are still new so kinda inflexible... well, we're ok with it....cos sign already...hehe :p

So zel, how's your planning so far?

princess_girl

Hi gLadZ,

You will be doing ROM before your wedding dinner starts? So how will be your ROM be like? At the poolside or in the function rm?

awhimsicaljen

hey gladz and zel,

did u gals managed to take any pics of the ballroom or the poolside when you went for the site visit?? cos im looking at holding my banquet at CP too and i intend to hold my solemnization at a poolside. so i'm just wondering if the poolside area is nice?

gladz

pincess> ya, me ROM juz b4 dinner..in the function room..actually was given another function FOC for like 30min for ROM but think having it juz b4 dinner is better..

Jen> i got a pic of the ballroom but it's in my phone..u want i mms u? the poolside is not bad, i don't have any pic...backdrop of poolside is the airport control tower

awhimsicaljen

hey gladz thanks!! but it's ok cos i went to CP earlier in the evening and managed to take a look at the ballroom and the poolside!! BOTH the ballroom and the poolside are indeed very very nice!!

do you or anyone else have any idea how much it cost to have the solemnization by the poolside?? cos it is just so beautiful with the control tower as the backdrop!!

im just a little skeptical about the hidden costs such as the flora deco costs and the AV system rental fees!!

i'm looking at having my solemnization beside the pool followed by the banquet at the ballroom by the way. from the looks of it, i might be the first to have a wedding there cos mine will be in April if i confirm with CP too!!
happy.gif

princess_girl

Thanks gLadZ for the info.

Hi Jen,
Welcome to enjoy us in this CP tread!
There are a few prices for ROM solemnization packages depending on whether you are taking high-tea, lunch or dinner buffet..The price is starting from $1388 for high tea...included a standard floral piece for the table used for ROM, chair covers, free flow of drink throughout the event, complimentary floral arrangement for all tables.....excluded Floral deco for chairs, no AV system provided, no complimentary carpark for guest(these are the hidden cost)...

Have you gone down to CP to view the poolside and the function room? Or contact any hotel manager to know more details?

zel

hi princess..

actually the most importantly is both u & ur HTB must like the venue n be happy, right? =) hee..

hmmm, i've already ROM-ed 1 mth ago.. =)
My AD most probably will be in 2011.. but both me & my hubby already set to sign with CP as we both really love their ballroom so much..
can even go for our honeymoon from there.. so convenient.. hahaa!! =p
So, CP will be our very first choice..

Although they are very strict in bargaining, i think they will do their best to give whatever is within their limits bah..

zel

hi fea..

CONGRATS!! hehee.. 2nd in thread to hav signed with CP..

Think i shall start an excel sheet.. keeping tracks with those of u who have signed up with them.
This way, easier for members here to see which day CP ballroom is still available.. heheee

So ur's would be on 04-Oct-09, with Dinner right?

How's the contract like?
Mind to list the details out??

zel

hi gladz..

Yea, me too think it's better to solemnize just before ur dinner would be better.. as those who attend ur AD will also able to witness =)

hmmm, as for my planning.. think i have to push my AD to 2011 instead of next yr le =( due to my tight working schedule.. sad..
But like wad fea say lookin on the brighter side, can have much more time to prepare things ^.^

So ur AD will be on 20-Jun-09, with Dinner right??

zel

hi Jen..

Welcome ^.^ !!
We all here fell in love with both/either the ballroom and/or poolside!! It is just so so lovely and unique!!
=( too bad my ROM was just held.. otherwise i would hav chosen CP's poolside too..

Do u mean u'll be holding both ur ROM and AD on the same day itself?

So when will be ur ROM and AD?
as i'm jotting it into excel sheet =)

penguinna

hi zel..!! yes, i signed up with CP,,,,,,,, so lookign forward to that day..... meanwhile, i can slp soundly liao....been so stressed out and confused the past 3 mths..

yes, it's 4th oct 2009, weddin dinner

i copied my package from the other "oct 09 brides" thread...heheheh

for crowne plaza...min 20 tbl, max 25 tbls...high ceiling, pillarless, with 2 projectors given...

for me...it's a sunday dinner, therefore it is SGD908nett per tbl. sat dinner will be 948nett....cant rem mon-thurs.....

quite a standard package that most hotels offer:
- 1 30L beer complimentary
- 1 btl house wine per confirmed table
- corkage waived for duty paid liquor
- the standard bridal suite 1 night, wedding favour, complimentary wedding cards excl printing. etc...

additional perks which i manage to humbly "bargain" for:
- 1 more night (deluxe room) stay (because my wedding is held over 2 days, so i request to check in on the 1st day, so 2nd day i can comfortably prepare at the hotel liao)
- waive wine corkage, duty paid...

cons:
- no complimentary parking coupons because carpark is owned by changi airport, not crowne plaza... but hopefully they can work out something along the way, given that they are pretty new at the moment.... crossing my fingers....

location is also a consideration.....but my husband and i were joking...those who come, really "you xin" lor....hehehe.......

penguinna

btw... jus tot i share this in case u r not aware...there's this wedding show at suntec.... 31st oct to 2nd nov...... i tink it's free admission....... if btb have time, do go and take a look bah

awhimsicaljen

hi zel,

I'll be having both my ROM and AD on the same day...25th April 2008! But I've not signed the package with them yet!

hi fea,

I'm hoping that CP will work something out with Changi Airport regarding the parking too!! Otherwise, we're thinking of maybe buying complimentary cashcards for our guests out of our own pocket!!

hi princess,

I've already seen the ballroom and poolside at CP. Gotten in touch with them as well too but cos the sales manager, Jesmin or something was on leave so I'll have to wait for her to get back to me!

And I'm thinking of holding my solemnization before my wedding dinner on the same day. So I'm actually asking about the rental fee for the poolside just for the ceremony and not as a package for ROM if you get what i mean
happy.gif

btw do you gals have any idea whether CP has held any actual wedding dinner already??

penguinna

hi jen.....

yes, im also crossing my fingers on that.....

but gladz had an idea which i tink is quite worth considering...that is to give the guest vouchers... $5 NTUC vouchers to guest who asked for the compilmentary parking coupons..... sort of make up for it ...... mayb you can also consider and working along this line?

Jesmi is back already, she replied my email on Saturday....so maybe you can call her tml or email her....

CP has held 3 weddings this yr since they open....i wonder how come those couples or brides did not start a thread here..hehehe....or come in here to share their views.... keke...i hope they will eventually come in so that we can ask them qn or advices... =)

awhimsicaljen

Hey fea,

the mister and i think that cashcards are more practical cos we feel bad that they have to spend $8-$10 on average on parking!
happy.gif

I hope Jesmi calls me back tmrw or I'll call her myself...thanks for telling me that Jesmi is back!!

yeah i hope they can share with us their experiences too...it will be good to know for instance, what are the things we have to look out for!

but it's good to know that i'm not alone in making a choice in CP!
happy.gif

pea_wedding

hi zel,
yupz.. been there to view the ballroom last thurs. Love it lots! So weird..was told a different thing, my coordinator told me CP held 20 over wedding since it started...hmm..or maybe I heard wrongly...
Intend to change a few dishes from their $908 packages. Now waiting for coordinator to get back to me whether there is an additional cost. If the top up is much, then will settle for the premium package.Think is more worth my $.

pea_wedding

So sadz...
My MIL dun like CP so I am like going against her now... Had a slight arguement. Dunno wat to do...Poor husband, poor me..haiz..
Do u all face such problems?
Any negative comments from your MIL?
How to deal with it?
Dunno wat she is thinking.. hv been trying to persude us to do without the banquet.
Told her wedding once in a life time. We want to do it nice, choose a plc we like. But she told me tat is not just the 2 of u. Gotta think of others. Relatives will not turn up, give nasty comments.. so far.. so unaccessible.. tis & tat...
Realli dislike his relative..
Make things difficult for us..

awhimsicaljen

hey pea,

honestly the mister and i have not told our family that we intend to hold ours at CP too. But I foresee that my own family will also give disapproving comments about the venue. my MIL shld be ok about it. dun wanna think about it yet. haikz.

hopefully your MIL will come around soon. Or maybe you might want to bring her to CP and let her take a look for herself? good luck.

pea_wedding

Hi jen,
No point to bring her down lah.. will be wasting my time.. and create more quarrels.
I hv been giving in everytime.. even my ROM last year, date, venue etc.. Dun understand.. why iszit that my wedding, she gotta get herself involve inside..unlike my parents who gave me their support. Let me do it the way i want, as long as I like. They are fine. Is always my MIL who cause the quarrel between me & husband..
Worst, she threaten us.. like say if we'r going to do it against her wish, she wun not attend.
So pissed off rite... if she is the one paying for it, then i shall keep quiet. But is not, even my ROM, is my parents who support us in $. Even my parents cant stand her...See la..

princess_girl

Hi pea,

I understand your situation but always remember that marriage is not only abt 2 persons, it is abt 2 families......i also met the same kind of situation as you...maybe u can try to explain or voice out to her? Then where did she want u both to hold ur wedding dinner then?

pea_wedding

She dun wan us to hold wedding dinner. Just holiday will do. So sadz..sob.sob. dunno wat she is thinking.. Somemore is her elder son. And her pattern, is those typical auntie, traditional thinking.. dunno why she think tis is not impt. Anyway she is not paying for anything.. so i wun be bother with wat she suggest. She knows I am angry.. now she ask my husband's bro girlfriend to discourage me to hold the banquet.
She is selfish.. never think of my parents.. wat would people think..marry daughter off without anyone knowing.. why must do it secretly?? Dun understand her.

penguinna

hi pea wedding.......

myself, as a bride who is also preparing for the wedding....totally understand your frustrations... *hugz*

however, sad to say, i agree with princess, as reality reflects that wedding is about 2 families de....

when parents' disagree, im sure they hef their reasons.... maybe ur MIL is worry that you 2 have to travel very far and will be tired? maybe you MIL is worry that the banquet is too expensive; worry you 2 spend too much?

no parents wun wan their children to marry glamourously and beautifully... but sometimes, being their generation, they're not that good to express their thoughts...

anyhow.. things like that do happen..... take a step back, breathe in....

most imptly...do not go head on with your MIL ... discuss and feedback (nicely) to your htb...and let your htb do the toking...not you..

btw...did you 2 visit other hotels or have some choices of hotel?

cheer up !! ;)

awhimsicaljen

hi pea,

i agree with fea. Ask your husband to have a heart-to-heart talk with your MIL... let her know how much this wedding means to the both of you and how important it is that you have her blessings. then at the same time yr husband can try to get her to voice out her reasons for not wanting to have a dinner. i guess your MIL will be more willing to sit down and listen to her own son.

don't get too disheartened and upset ok? you might also want to source out other hotels too
happy.gif

gladz

Hi zel,

so nice of you to come up with an excel list! ya, mine AD is on 20th June 2009....

Hi Jen,

My HTB and I also thought of giving cashcard initially...but when we think of the leftover cashcards then gotta refund, we feel very troublesome so that's when we think of giving away NTUC vouchers which almost everyone will use..and the leftovers we can use as well..

Hi pea,

Hope things bet you and your MIL better now...

initially my FIL wanted us to hold the dinner in some Chinese restaurant cos it's chaper and he dun want us to spend so much $...think he meant it well..but my HTB talked to him....and thank God he gives us his blessings in the end
happy.gif

Maybe your MIL is like my FIL? She want you guys to save $?

princess_girl

hi pea,

There is always a way out for every problem....dun feel so angry and sad...marriage is a happy event, should enjoy the process and feel happy. I agreed wit Jen. Communicate with your HTB if u think u cant talk with ur MIL..evrything will get solve...so dun brood too much...

So is there anyone other than fea and gLadz going to sign up with CP?

I have already discussed with hotel manager on the details of my ROM held at CP and is going to sign up with CP soon...

shannie80

HI CP brides to be.

I am still in the midst of searching for another hotel. Am interested in Crowne Plaza too. Anyone has pics of the ballroom? anyway can anyone email the 09 wedding package to me. am looking at dec 09 to wed! Many thanks.

[email protected]

awhimsicaljen

hey princess,

I'm going to meet up with the CP peeps tmrw before I make a decision to sign up with them! Hopefully they will give me a satisfactory package for both my solemnization by the pool and the banquet!!
happy.gif

Hi Shannon, you've got mail
happy.gif
I don't have pictures of the ballroom with me now tho..

penguinna

hi jen..

hmm..... if you wan to bargain for more stuffs, like 1 more night stay..... waiver of wine corkage.... den u should discuss with the mgr...... whether he/she can give it to u ... hehe...

or u simply ask her what value added stuffs she can offer to you ......
happy.gif

zel

hi ALL ^.^

been really busy with work lately..
n WOW so many posts up when i came back in..
let me catch up with some =)

zel

hi pea..

How's things going on for u??

pity u & ur hubby =( totally understand how u feel.
i strongly agree with fea of the way to deal with ur MIL, as their generation doesn't express well. Parent's intention is never ill.

Take the pics of the ballroom and show it to her, that CP is the dream place u both would really love to hold ur wedding in.
Talk nicely and 'dig out' from her, what n where her worry is actually in..
Like what fea say, let ur hubby do all the talking.. not u, n NEVER go heads on ur MIL.

I believe each of everyone preparing our/their own wedding does have some obstacles here n there.. including myself!
Unless that person doesn't even cares about her/his own wedding n throws it to the other half.

We BRIDES-TO-BE, must be happy happy!! Let NO SETBACK bring u down!!
CHEER UP!! There is always a way out =)

zel

hmmm.. so both princess & Jen have met up with CP manager..
any newly sign-ons for my excel sheet? hehee..

zel

hi gladz =)

hehee, it's nothing.. hoping to keep track for easier tracking for upcoming-members in this thread ^.^

awhimsicaljen

hey all,

i just showed my friends the pic of the ballroom that I took and sadly, none of them really like it!
sad.gif

and i'm beginning to think the colour scheme of the ballroom is a little too dark and dull
sad.gif

princess_girl

Hi Jen,

it also depend on individual liking de.....the theme of the ballroom in CP is tropical rainforest...is kind of relates the nature.... some pple may not like it but some pple will find something special and it is new....so depend on how u feel abt the ballroom ba...but importantly, it is pillarless....u can consider again....how is ur HB 's view on the ballroom? Also it is our wedding u also cant always cater to every guest's advantage and liking de...depend on both u and HB ...if both of u like it then u can consider choosing CP...

penguinna

hello jen....

wedding is an event for yourself and your HTB.. therefore, watever choice of venue, photographer, BS are all your both liking, not somebody else..... so i believe as long as you and your HTB feels that the place is "the venue" den it should be good....

maybe you can re-look at your criteria for choosing the ballroom bah...... for eg, myself... i jus wan a ballroom with high ceiling, pillarless and fit our tables size and for my HTB, the price of per table....and CP fits all of them...so i sign with them (of cse, the dates issue aside...hahaha)

i do agree with princess that we are unable to cater to every guest's likings...if we need to, i suppose it will be disastrous.. hahah ^-^

oh 1 more thing - i visited quite a number of venues and bridal suites... so i came to a conclusion..."pictures can be deceiving"....

Jen, maybe you check with CP when is their next wedding....and you may wan to consider drop by to look at their setting, before you decide......

awhimsicaljen

hey princess and fea,

thanks for your sound advice!

actually CP meets most of our criteria except for the ballroom. i'll have to look at the actual ballroom setting before making a decision now i guess. will check with jesmi when the enxt wedding will be
happy.gif

awhimsicaljen

by the way, does anyone have pictures of the actual ballroom setting for a wedding? or taken any pictures at the wedding show?

am considering between CP and the legends at fort canning now!! tough call!!

imouto222

I am deciding between CP and Hilton. I really love the ballroom and the pool of CP. But CP have the problems of inconvenient location and parking charges. Furthermore, I have to reduce my tables if I am to choose CP. Should I just choose Hilton instead? What do you gals think?

awhimsicaljen

hey imouto, thanks so much for the picture!! it looks much much better than the one I took myself. the ballroom actually looks kinda good in that pic you found!!

I've checked out only the paranoma ballroom at hilton and I didn't like it. didn't check out the other ballrooms though. so can't help much in your decision. but if you want something different, then I guess CP is definitely a refreshing change!!

Did u check out the suite too? it's very nice!!