Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport

zel

Hi..
anyone went for the wedding show @ Crowne Plaza Hotel, Changi Airport @ 7-Sep?
or anyone intend to hold / holding banquet @ Crowne Plaza Hotel?

gladz

Hi zel,

I went to the wedding show that day and I signed on that day cos my htb and I liked the deisgn of the ballroom cos it looks diff from others.... you gonna hold ur wed there too?

zel

hi gLadZ,

I missed their wedding show
sad.gif
How was it?
Did u tried their food? nice?
Which package did u signed for? and When?
heee.. sorry so much questions.. =p

Me & my Hubby went to see their ballroom last wkend. We love it sooooo much, that we intend to hold it there.
n Yah.. it's very unique compared to the others.

gladz

Hi zel,

It's the 1st wedding show I went, so I'm not sure how was it comparable to others..to me, it's nice enough
happy.gif

That day they served the buffet food, the desserts like the cakes are yummy...foodwise to me it's okie...

Cos my wed will be 200609, so I signed the weekend package, which is 948nett, took the chinese food...its from imperial treasure so sure got some standard i think...some more only 1 wedding can be held per night so can be sure there won't be any distractions on the hotel side..heh

zel

gladz..

thanks for sharing ^.^
i've nv been to any wedding show yet =(
who's ur coordinator?

yea i agree with u.. there won't b distractions.
so how many night/s stay u got for ur package?

gladz

Hi zel,

You are welcome
happy.gif

My coordinator has changed to the coordinator, cant rem her name :p cos on that day, pple who not in the sales also came down to help..I've yet to go sign the contract and meet up with the new coordinator..she's the event manager...will tell you when I'm home to see the mail she posted me ok?

Cos that day its the wedding show, so using UOB card to pay, got an extra nite stay, but it's deluxe rm..then I got a free table.. free corkage for all wine, champagn n hard liquor..think that's about all..paid 3k for deposit..

btw, that day they got 2 bridal fashion shows..one of them is la bella couture...go check it out if you like victorian style of gowns..personally i like it v much n so i signed up too! hehe.. got their gowns and mua, PG n VG I'm sourcing on my own

zel

WOW.. u've signed both deals on the same day.. hahahaa!!
a very great deal u've got!!
so glad for u ^.^

la bella couture is BS ??
as for BS, i've already signed mine with My Dream Wedding =) thanks for ur intro aniwae.. heee!

penguinna

hi...let me contribute a bit to this thread...hehe

i went down earlier to crowne and met with Jesmi Tan, the Crowne Meetings Manager, *Gladz, are you referring to her?

She's nice and friendly.. answered to our questions.. i need to give her some credit for her effort as I only called her today in the afternoon and say i want to go down this evening to view the ballroom and discuss the package..and she waited for my & my husband till 715pm when we reached.

Rgd the package wise, i'd say it's on the high side, to me at least...948nett for a saturday. and she is unable to extend the wedding show perks to us which is a very big pity... haiz...so sad...

they also dun hef complimentary parking coupons as the carpark is owned by changi airport..so guests will have to pay....

the ballroom is ideal for us as we are looking at a range of 20-25 tbls and for this number, it's damn hard to find a high ceiling and pillarless ballroom.....

i have 2 couples in front of me for the date that i want....... so will leave things to fate bah.... can only blame that i didn't enquire crowne earlier! hahah....

the ballroom is different from the other hotels' ballroom as the ceiling and the walls has some tropical settings/designs rather than just concrete and wallpaper.......

my 2 cents worth.......

gladz

Hi zel and fea
Me just check my letter, think crowne plaza got many managers...hehe...mine is Evelyn, didn't get to see who she is yet...

Ya, I love the high ceiling n the not so usual ceilings n walls...for the price, to me is actually pretty ok for a Sat @ 2009 cos before that I actually consider oriental which each table after the plus plus plus is nearly 1.4k...so considering that, think crowne is pretty ok already...

Btw, zel and fea, which date u both looking at?

penguinna

hi gladz....oh, evelyn.... i heard her name during my meeting with jesmi...because jesmi is going on vacation, therefore, she'll transfer my enquiry to evelyn and jason to follow up with me, because the 2 couple in front of me are handled by evelyn and jason......

haha, to me, as long as it's over 800 for dinner, i consider it as quite high liao....cos i dunno whether i can cover/breakeven or not.....haha.... oops...

im looking at 3 OCT 09....sat

princess_girl

Hi everyone ,

I am intending to hold my solmnisation ceremony at Crowne Plaza hotel........ But the hotel mention that if for outdoor , there is no AV system and microphone provide and we need to engage third party....
Anyone here has already signed up for solmnisation at Crowne Plaza Hotel, can share your packages with me?
Any extra perks did the hotel offer you?

zel

Hi fea ^.^ welcome to the thread.
wow.. 03-Oct-2009 is a very HOT date!! 15th of lunar 8th mth! hahahaa..

I agree with u both, that the ballroom is indeed very unique.. with high ceiling with pillarless concept.. and average accomodating size of ideal 20-25 tables.
n i like the projector screen too, rather big!

Pros n cons lor..
As for the carpark-ing issue, i worried abt that too initially.
But my hubby told me there is no need to, as believe ur guest would understand the situation.
n they're there to share ur happiness, they would not bother abt that.

i've checked the parking rates.. for your ref =)

Cars, including Vans -
SGD 0.0357/min, from 0700 hours to 2359 hours,
SGD 0.0178/min, from 0000 hours to 0659 hours,
up to the maximum of SGD 17.66/day

Motorcycles, including Scooters -
SGD$1.30/day

zel

fea & gladz..

As for the 948/table, it is indeed less possible to break even (unless u've got reali generous friends n relatives)..

However, comparing the ballroom and atmosphere with other hotels.. i feel that it is worth holding it in CP.

fea.. me too considered abt the breaking-even factor.
But the main and most important issue is to hav a memorable wedding, right? heeee.. ^.^

Oh yah, did any of u request for halal or vegetarian?

zel

Hi princess.. welcome to the thread too ^.^

as for ur solemnisation, holding it outdoor?
do u mean the swimming pool area there??

hmmm.. i' not too sure abt those AV system, but i believe there should b a way.
Have u went down to them for discussion?

zel

OH gladz..
so sorry i missed out replying ur question.

i have not had my date set yet.
We're planning for end of next yr.. will update u on this again =)

penguinna

zel... i will definately has to cater for muslim and vegetarians food because it's the 15th of the month....it will be 94.80nett per pax... divide by per table....same as all the other hotels......

ya lor..hot date!! now waiting for them to get back to me about the 1st 2 couples in front of me...

princess_girl

Hi all,

I did talk one of the sales manager regarding the solmnisation packages.....actually my boyfriend and I did go to the wedding show and there is no extra perks for us if we only sign up for the solmnisation packages.

We are quite disappointed normally in wedding show, there is extra perks......Anyone manage to get any extra perk for solmnisation ? As for AV system, we need to pay for it if we request to have the price is est. abt 300 bucks ......

Still considering if it is worth to have it...... anyone can share if manage to get any extra perks for solmnisation? Can share with me?

gladz

Hi Zel & fea,

U v familar with the lunar calender leh...impress.. cos my AD date, me and my HTB juz choose a date we like randomly w/o checking any tong shu or anything like that...hehe :p

For parking, think the guest will prob pay around $6....my HTB felt bad that the guests have to pay..so we decided to buy a stack of NTUC vouvhers in $5 to give to the guests who request for complimentary carpark coupons..remainder coupons not given out, we still can keep to use
happy.gif

zel, you are right, may be hard to break-even..so gotta minimise the loss...heh

Hi princess,
For my solemnisation, mine will be done on my AD itself, we were actually given another function room to use for free before the dinner, but only for like 20-30min, so doubt they will do any deco..but at least it's free cos last time I ask oriental, they actually charge another like 1K..

But I'm still considering where to do it..cos was thinking of doing it during the dinner..what do u gals think?

princess_girl

Thanks gLadZ for sharing.

Anyone has already done ROM in Crowne Plaza Hotel? Or intending to hold in Crowne Plaza Hotel? Can share?
Still considering if to hold at Crowne Plaza Hotel.......

zel

fea..

03oct2009 is a VERY hot date! is ur date given by those master who see TongShu de?

me n my hubby juz ROM dis 15th day of lunar 8th month too.. we actuali was thinkin AD on the same lunar day as well.. hahahaa!!
But still have to depend on the TongShu.
so i guess we won't be holding it on that day le.. kekee!

But, have u sourced ard for other hotels n did any tentative bookin yet?
I suggest it's better to do so..

Aniwae, hope that u'll be able to get this day! =)

zel

gLadZ..

Wow.. i'm impressed by ur idea!!
great great.. hehee!! me n my hubby felt bad too despite they being understanding the situation!
hehee, i can use ur idea to discuss with him le ^.^

Yah, it is indeed difficult to break even lor.. haiz
sad.gif

Hmmmmm.. as for ur solemnisation, why not do it during the dinner as well? As in before the dinner starts..?
I suppose it ur guests would be glad to witness ur solemnisation as well.
As normally the 20-30 mins before dinner would be welcoming ur guests who came early liao.

zel

princess..

Did they bring u to the area where ur solemnisation will be held at?
What is ur ideal place like? as in Indoor or Outdoor?

penguinna

hi zel...

yes, we did ask a relative to help us read the chinese calendar....so based on my husband and mine zodiac, 3rd Oct 09 is good for us, and coincidentally, it's 15th of lunar aug.....

i did have a booking with grand waterfront lunch.... we almost wanted to confirm it...but tinking maybe we still try our luck further with some other hotels, so leads us to CP...

zel

hi fea..

U intend to go for wedding lunch initially ar?
Then y not u ask CP for wedding lunch? It might be available for lunch leh?

penguinna

initially we consider wedding lunch because many hotels already dun hef the dinner slot when i started to enquire......

now im considering whether wan to hold the dinner on the 4th oct 09.......while my customary will still be on 3rd oct 09 .....

im so sad... =(

princess_girl

hi Zel,

Thanks for your advice...they did bring us to the outdoor solmnisation area...it will be by the poolside. Actually we are intending to have our ROM and wedding dinner on the same day but my sis is having her wedding dinner next yr and they have already booked for their wedding banquet...so we no choice have to postpone ours.....then we intend to ROM first in 2009 then hold our customary in 2010......

CP only have standard floral piece for the front table...the rest of floral decoration have to engage florist to do......

Y u are also interested in holding your ROM there?

zel

fea..

i understand how u feel. i think my situation not anywhere better than u.. kekee..
i MAY have to postpone my AD to 2011 even =(

hmmmm.. 04-Oct-2009 lunar 16th day of 8th month!
Not bad either ar.. otherwise y not u check out if that is a good day for ur customary? then u can hold them together on one day le mah.. hee..

zel

princess..

Nope lah =) i already ROM just 2+ weeks back.. hehee ^.^
Not in CP.. just tryin to giv advises and some ideas maybe? =p

hmmm.. i had mine very simple actually.
coz the main thing is actually the AD itself mah..
so if u don't mind, u may juz have ur ROM simple.. n ur customary in CP a grand-er one.. hee

penguinna

zel... belayed congrats to your rom!! heehee..

how come ur AD will postpone to 2011?? dates havent set yet or .. ?

but looking on the brighter side, u have more time and choices to look ard..not like me...
sad.gif

that time our relative help us to see the good dates...but 4th oct is not in the list...... so likely will hold my customary on the 3rd oct... then 4th will be the AD .......

my mum console me as she says that do it on a separate day also not bad becos the relative dun hef to rush back from our house after buffet lunch to prepare and travel for the AD....they can mingle at our houses till late....den 4th comfortably make their way to the AD venue....

im still so sad.... sorry ar... need to whine.. :p

zel

Thanks fea ^.^

Yes, u're half right.. dates not set yet..
plus i'll be busy with work till ard first quarter to half of next yr. And 2010 yr of Tiger.. not really advisable in that yr leh
sad.gif

U're right too.. it's true that i'll have more time to look around.
But hor, 3 yrs nia.. still long long way.. *sob* I'm sad tooooo.. =p

As for the hotel, my hubby & myself still prefer CP leh.. hehee!! Simply love the ballroom lah.. and i find their suite nice too ^.^ cosy!
Our 2nd choice would be Furama Riverfront.

Hmmm.. or what other dates are there in ur list??

No worries abt it =)
We can always share mah =) the happiness, troubles, etc.. hehee ^.^

penguinna

hi zel...

icic...well, choose a date that is comfortable for you both..... no need to rush also....

i tink CP is really a good hotel to go for, given the design, ambience and most imptly the min. tbl size is quite a good size....i reli reli regret that i din visit CP earlier when i was sourcing for hotels starting july....

but i din hef the chance to view the suite..... u have pictures of it? got the view of the airplanes taking off?? heheheheh...

other dates ar....16th oct.... 22nd nov.....6 dec... i can oni rem these......actually 3rd oct is my hubby's birthday, dat's why the more we wan to hold all together lor.......

penguinna

i've been to furama riverfront....like their ballroom too....high ceiling and pillarless as well...but they din hef 3rd oct dinner slot liao.... u liaise with stephanie? she's quite nice...
happy.gif

zel

fea..

Don't regret ;) as i heard that they soft launch only in Jul.. actually till date, they have not official lauched yet.

Yup i hav the pics.. not really well taken lah.
So if u don't mind, u may gimme ur email address n i'll send u. File size kinda big..

Hahaaa.. same as me lah u!! i also asked them that! They say can request for it de.. hehee!!

Hmmm.. ok i can understand that.
Now even going for other hotels also full le..
Either u have ur dinner on 04-Oct like what ur mum said, or push it to a later date which u have in ur list ??

Yah hahaa!! think we quite in similar..
like Furama Riverfront's ballroom too.. nice ambience!
Nope.. so far i only liase in email with Grace.
She's nice too.. or mayb all of them there are nice.. heheee!

penguinna

zel....u got PM... hehe...

now will further discuss with my husband about the AD and also to check with my BS whether having it over 2 days will incur any additional charges...

hopefully we're able to settle everything by this weekend....... becos truthfully, we're pretty drained out by all the viewing, sourcing, deciding, expecting and disappointed.....etc..... heheheh

zel

fea..

I've juz sent u the not well taken pix to ur email.. =)
The room they brought me to has no nice view lah.. so i did not take any =p

Yahh.. sourcing around and deciding which or which is really very tiring.
Don't rush lah.. discuss with ur hubby abt the date first lor, mayb to push it later for more preparation.. heheee =)

princess_girl

Thanks Zel for the advice...

Our planning is that since we have decided to hold our ROM at the hotel, we would like to have the one we desire to have...and we are trying to do it at our best...hehehehe...we are paying for it
so we have some expectation to the hotel.. We already did our homework by going to wedding show...And we decided to have it at CP bcose my HTB proposed to me at Changi Airport T3 and we will be having our ROM
1 year later (the exact date), he proposed to me...... Somemore...it is a new hotel...so it makes us feel very fresh and brand new...it is just perfect...the problem is that as it is a new hotel.... alot of things have not been put in place yet...
Some hotels still have their specific planners to consult and plan for indiviual couple's wedding... I just truely think that their service still can be improved when it cum to individual needs.... Like the carpark problem...i believe alot of pple in this forum also find not very appropriate.....somemore car park rates in T3 is not very cheap...they should find altervatives...i personally feel that we should let the guests we invite feel comfortable.......Anyway it is still a good hotel to consider to hold a wedding dinner and ROM there..hehehehe

penguinna

hi princess

i tink CP being new, i also agree with you that there are many things that they may not be very sure and able to provide.....

but hopefully things will get better as time passes and with more and more couples noticing CP... just that, maybe the couples who sign up later on can get better benefits ??? :p

when i "bargain" with evelyn for some of the extra stuffs, i mentioned "i gotta know about perks and CP from singapore brides forum"...hahaha.... i purposely mentioned the forum so that she know...hahah!!!

princess_girl

I totally agreed with fea ..... that's why there is pple setting up this tread to talk abt CP. Actually the hotel manager did not give me any extra perks for the ROM packages, so I am asking pple in this forum who intend to take up their ROM packages or already had their ROM at CP to share their experience and their packages here...to see if all the hotel manager standardize with their wedding and ROM packages to their customers......

I am intending to sign up for their ROM.....if anyone has already signed or have any information on CP's ROM package....pls share with me... thank you in advance!

gladz

Hi everyone,

Me juz came back from signing the contract at CP with evelyn... ya fea, what perks did u get?? Was thinking of trading the free barrel of beer for wine, but am not sure what's the "exchange rate" is like..evelyn will get back to me... told her I'm getting my own wedding cake, but can't get anything in exchange for
sad.gif

BTW, prinvess, I asked evelyn about the ROM at CP..i dun need that..but ask her to see if it's like what u said...it's the same as what u said..like getting own sound sys n stuff...

princess_girl

Thanks gLadZ for your help....Really very sweet of you for checking out the ROM package for me....

What other details did she provide you?

So you already signed the contract with CP....Congrats now can look forward to your wedding day already...

penguinna

hi ladies.....

ok.. rgd the perks i tried to bargain.... i asked evelyn for the 2 perks offered @ the wedding show ie waival of 1 table and 1 more night stay at deluxe room....plus the waive of wine corkage.....

becos the 3rd oct is not available liao, so i ask her if i wanna take up 4th oct, i'd like to have the perks...... i told her my AD now is on a 2nd night, so it'll be very helpful to me if she can provide me a 1 night stay on the 3rd..so that i can prepare for my AD at the hotel on the 4th... and the other hotel is offering me wine corkage waival and waival of 1 table.....

so she got back to me yesterday and she can oni give me wine corkage waival and 1 more night stay on the 3rd (deluxe room)..... but cannot give waive 1 table (haha, too expensive to give)....

but i tink at least i tried...and she is able to give 2/3 out of what i ask for....... and with all the factors of CP (high ceiling, pillarless, good size of tbls).....it's really "what more can i ask for??"

so now my hubby and i will review our draft contract....den probably meet up with evelyn sometime on the weekday next wk bah...

penguinna

princess,

you mentioned about "CP only have standard floral piece for the front table...the rest of floral decoration have to engage florist to do...... "

can you clarify? do u mean we have to separately engage the florist to do up the decor along the aisle etc....?

penguinna

gladz,

good for you!! sign the contract liao..... can take abit of breather .. ;)

check with you ar, in your contract, was the lcd stated as 1 or 2 ?

that time when i met with Jesmi, she mentioned that in the contract, normally they stated 1....but in the actual event, they will just "give" 2 ......

princess_girl

Hi Fea,

Yes, CP only have standard floral piece for the front table...the rest of floral decoration like to tie ribbon and roses on the chair cover the decoration along the aisle at the poolside will need to engage florist to do...

do you have any information on this?

penguinna

hi princess,

thks for your info....

seems like the decor is more for ROM settings....does it apply to the wedding dinner setting too?

i rem when i met with Jesmi, she did mention about floral stand along the aisle in the ballroom .....

guess will need some clarification about this.....

princess_girl

fea...

you are welcome! do remember to check all the slight details on the decoration with her, if not will need to spend alot of money on these de..... did she provide you any quotation on the floral decoration or did she mention which florist
will do all the floral decoration for your wedding day? For mine, she told me that there will be a florist that will tie up with the hotel the standard floral piece for the table ...but this florist has not provide them any quotation yet and the hotel has not officially signed a contract with this florist due to their hotel quite new...things are not finalise yet...so she ask me to wait for the quotation......

For mine, if i will to add floral design and AV console system at the poolside will cost us extra money. These things are used only for effect of the ROM and very short time usage......so you have to ensure what will be provide during the wedding to ensure that is what you want.....

pea_wedding

Hi,
Congrats to all!
Can anyone give me the email address of your CP coordinator? I sent my enquiry over but yet to receive a reply from them...
Planning to hold dinner on 10 May 09, any idea if tis date still available?