COUGARS..........care to share

jitty

Hi, was wondering if there is anyone out there who is dating with a much younger man ? seems the local thinking is still oriental....but its fast catching up from the Western world.
Care to share and start up a group?

idealone

my wife is older than me.... ha ha
happy.gif

idealone

Thats rite my wife is about 2 yrs older than me... you are mentioning about ages more than 10 yrs? I think bascially it's the mentality.

If both are ok with it, than it's no issue. Tongues may wag but it's the norm cos this society still quite conservative and cannot really accept ladies older than guys. People may see that the guy is "eating soft rice"

True love can withstand the gossips. There is a interview on TV a while ago that interview a guy who is younger than his wife by 9 yrs old. Perhaps you can try to look for it and watch it.
happy.gif

jitty

hi roger, great to hear that you understand where i am coming from.... yeah especially in s'pore, people tend to be still conservative in this scenario. Have yet to know anyone going with a woman 10 years older or so here in s'pore!!!

idealone

well, have you talk through with your SO? is he ready to endure tongues wagging at him? Both needs to be mentally prepared...

mark78

what the biggie for going for someone 10yrs older then you. Sorry i don mind zeta jones if our character match..

thommy

mark, I'm sure you don't mind Elizabeth Hurley also right? Or Demi Moore? Or even Madonna?

Hhahahahahahaaa....

peegs, just curious, how old are u? any communication probs with ur bf?

kenturik

why sometime age difference could be an obstacle? Are men generally more kiddish? Women generally more mature? Like if you give a men some electronic gadget and you may just see the kid in him while women are so different sometime.

peegs

hey thomas..

i m 40..been together for 2 yrs plus and doesnt feel that longggggg at all..

never believed in gauging maturity by age.. prefer to see a person for what they are regardless of "race language or religion" :p..

we do have our differences but thankfully communication has not been a problem.. we talk it out and agree to disagree.. so it has been good so far..

peegs

err no issue about families coz both of us have been living independent lives from our families even before we met... he spent many years overseas and travelling for work from his early twenties and i have been staying on my own for quite some time..

we have been living together and tho family acceptance was never an issue for us.. i m happy my family *mom brothers/nephews/nieces* adores him and his dad do ask us out for dinner or come visit sometime..

jitty

hi peegs, good to hear that you share the same tts as me. fortunate 4 you that family members are ok with both of you being together. as for me, i am not so lucky cos all my friends and his family are against the idea. however, we still went on ahead....against it all and today we are still happily married ......tt it would be a good idea to make more friends out there who are in similar relationship lest we have something in common......
happy.gif

peegs

hi cougar.. why limit yourself? make friends with everyone in love!!! whether with someone or anything else! :D

sgbabydoll

I have an ex-colleague whose wife is 14 years older than him. When they got married he was 25 and she, 39. They had their first and only child the next year. Can't say there are without challenges with a older-woman-younger-man relationship, but don't all relationships come with some challenges?

jitty

hi peegs, of course i do mix around with other friends but tt it would be nice to know more couples out there in the same situation as us
happy.gif

judyeng

my aunt is 11 years older than my uncle-in-law. they have 2 children, grown up now, and their family relationship is superb. however when they were younger there WERE many tongues wagging over the man marrying a 'lao char bor'. but maybe that's the past. i believe generations these days are more open minded.

jitty

hi judy, happy to hear that things are good for yr aunt. Sadly, the society here are still not able to accept cougars unlike the states.....haiz sad......
BTW how old is yr aunt?

thommy

Demeaning it may be, but even the papers use it. TNP just reported a cougar case btw a 43yr old woman with her 23yr old bf just few days ago.

wjchiang

I don't need the society to accept it if i had such a relationship. 有美少年肯娶我我请客度蜜月 :p

sgbabydoll

Cougar does carry a negative connotation. However, it is a word widely recognised to describe a mature woman in a relationship with a much younger man. It reflects society's disapproving view of such a relationship.

kenturik

mature women have always been a challenge.... i have a few encounters with them and so far have all been nice.... Way to go!!!!!

sgbabydoll

The age difference between the older woman and younger man, though not official, is understood to be at least 10 years. However, it is usually to describe women over 40 years old.

How much older were those mature women you have encountered, Kenturik?

kenturik

Well at least 8 to 12years my senior. But I guess it is not the age that matters, it is how they carry themselves both physically and mentally. How they engage you in a conversation and how they present themselves which has been an attraction always. Still "Cougar" though widely accepted or published, I still find it negative and an unfair term to use. My thoughts only.

sgbabydoll

I agree that it's not a nice word. It's labelling. But it's like the word "gay" that describes homosexual persons. It was not a nice word to begin with but over the years, it's become acceptable as the society takes a less hostile view of people who prefer a same-sex partner. I am sure some homosexual people are now proud or unbashful of their sexual preference.