Hi, guys! I have been busy browsing through the archives of this topic and have lost touch with you all. Sorry
Thanks for your receipes. Will try them soon during weekends.
Here's the Tom Yam soup receipe which you have requested for.
3 cups of chicken stock
300 gms of prawns
1 piece of galingal about 1 inch (crushed)
2 stalks lemon grass; 1 stalk cut into half and crushed
2 tomatoes (cut into pieces)
5 kaffir lim leaves (Note : to take out the vein or else it will be bitter)
1 tbsp preserved Thai chilli paste (nam prik pow brand)
3 tbsp fish sause
3 to 4 tbsp Green lemon juice
10-15 small chillies (crushed)
Optional : toufu, sotong, fish, straw mushrooms
1. Squeeze the Green lemon and put the juice in the fridge to chill
2. Boil a small pot of water and parboil the chicken bone.
Discard the parboiled water and set aside the chicken bone.
Boil 1 pot of water and add the parboiled chicken bone and boil over a small fire.
3. Flatten the lemon grass and galangal and out inside the boiling chciekn stock for a short while for eg 15 mins for the flavour to come out.
4. Add the red chilli slices, deveined lime leaves, straw mushroom, fish, chicken, pieces of tomato, Tom yam chilli paste, 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
Note : Vary the chilli paste & fish sauce according to own preference of saltiness and spicyness
5. Add the prawn to cook at a later stage or overcooked prawn will not taste as nice and will be tougher to bite.
6. Add the refrigerated lime juice last.
The hot & spicy Tom Yam soup will be ready to serve.