Cooker Hobs/Hoods

bortei

hi me looking for cooker hobs at the moment.
any recommendations of good brands?

most probably i will choose a 3 burner types.

btw i am not planning to install cooker hood. but my parents advise other wise. But i think of the cleaning, i will get a headache.
sad.gif

any suggestions?

maya

Hi! Me looking for cooker hob too, 3-burner. Haven't made up mind altho there's a few I checked -
elba - lowest I found was $270 (no safety valve)was told bought over by another coy so not sure abt after sales service.
elica - $268 but I heard coy not ard any more so maybe not so safe to buy too
tecnho gas - abt $300-350, not sure of price, need to check

Abt hood, actually also wanted but after checking with friends, they say no need bec they hardly use it. Also, if you don't cook a lot, no need.

yvonne

Hey, have you check out Mayer? They imports and sell direct to consumer, no middlemen. Hence prices are reasonable. I bought my hob,hood, fridge from them. check them out. they have showrooms at IMM, Compass point, suntec city.

flowee

maya

i bought a elica hod n hoob...
sim siang choon is the sole distributer of elica in sg...
tat explains y u dun find this brand ard...
bought the 3 burner with safety valve...

maya

hi flowee, how do you find the elica? I read somewhere in the threads that bec the coy that produced elica was not ard anymore, SSC bought the last lot of items from them and became sole distributor. I'm a bit wary then of after sales svc. How much did you buy yours for?

cheval

you should to and check out at Mayer showrooms or mayer site www.mayer.com.sg. I bought my hob, hood, oven, fridge & dishdryer from them too. heard they hving 5% storewide now.

cheval

flowee

maya

oh where u read abt the news from???
hvnt used it coz id juz handed over some wks back...
bought the package @ $500+...
it comes with warranty...
can recommend the sales person we bought all our ssc stuff from her...
veri nice lady...

saw my neighbour usin their hob...
shdnt b a prob...

accordin 2 my colleague, mayer hod will rust after sometime...
her 2 nieces who bought mayer prdts regretted it...
tat stops mi from gettin from them...

cheval

no offence...

bluebell

Hi,

Any comments on EF, Fujioh and Rinnai?

So far the prices I got are:

EF Chimney hood and hob - $790
Fujioh slimline hood and hob - 700
Rinnai - 500+

Have heard good comments abt Fujioh. Any comments on the other 2 brands?

I

int

Bluebell,

Turbo is a good brand and they are having a promotion now and very worth it maybe you want to take alook at it. I am using that.
Those you mentioned are expensive brand but with old brand, has been in the market for sometime.

cheval

fujioh is good and powerful the cap.850 compare to my deliza chimney hood cap.450 only, of cos more expensive My mother is using fujioh hood very good, but cleaning it much more complicated then my deliza hood.

cheval

lonewolf

I strongly recommend Fujioh hood and hob. A bit more expensive than a lot of other brands but no regrets. I dun think the cleaning of the hood is that much complicated.

I've seen them advertising in the papers on the package deal. Check their web site for more info.

http://www.fujioh.com/sg/index.htm

Maya do have a pt on how much you cook. The hood may not be necessary if you dun cook much at home but its always better to have one.

maya

Hi!

Flowee, saw in one of the threads somewhere, can't remember which.

Buying this hob is so confusing! I've decided to get the hob only bec I don't myself cooking a lot, so forget abt the hood. But so many diff opinions abt the various brands. So far, this is what I've gathered:

Turbo - not very good quality
Techno/Ariston - gd but little bit ex
Elba - ok, but after sales svc a ??
EF - not much heard bec not a very poplar brand
Teka - ok, but also not very well known and some find it ex
elica - as mentioned above

anyone care to comment?

L

lt

hi maya.... personally i like technogas and fujioh hob after seeing so many brands in the market. i'm also looking for a 3-burner hob. i'm not sure wat's your budget, but i think both are abt $400+ each. i'm buying the fujioh hob & hood (800 series - where most wouldn't like the bulky conventional shape but has very good suction power; since my husband & i love to fry)

bluebell

Hi flowee,

ya, i dun really fancy the design. prefer EF design and I think it's really cheap for a chimney hood but have not heard of anyone using it =P

Hi INT,

How long have u been using your Turbo? coz I heard it used to have a lot of complaints but then really cheap lor..

Hi Maya,

I still suggest you get a hood even if you dun cook much coz heard from my sis she has a hard time cleaning her kitchen top and she doesn't cook much either. But of coz if you are like my mum who doesn't even remember to turn on the hood, then there's no point...hehehe

I

int

Hi Bluebell,

About half a year, so far so good but did not cook much. Actually it depend in luck also.

flowee

bluebell

pai seh cant suggest on the brand u mentioned...

maya

since i oredi bought n install elica...
c how thing goes...
dun cook tat often also...

chiart

hi ladies,
dun mind me joining in for this thread.
so after reading, whatz the recommendation? elica or fujioh?

sugarchoc

Hello :)

Another brand that u may like to check out is "Rhoyxon". They've been ard for almost 10 yrs plus and is quite a reliable Italian brand.
Heard that they are having some really good promos now.

My cousin who is using Fujioh currently, kinda regrets getting it. She claims that the oil collection compartment is a good gadget but the cleaning of the oil trails(that leads to the "oil-catchment compartment") gives her a huge cleaning headache. So this may be the "loophole".

Hope this lil' contribution may help :p

Cheerios!

bride

Hi gals,

Try not to visit the rhoyxon outlet at Jln Bkt Merah. I find the service very bad. Anyway, i eventually decided to get Technogas which i am still happy with up till now. And reasonably priced too. Got my set from one of the electrical shops at tampines.

meg

i find the service at the rhoyxon outlet at thomson plaza also no good.
I've been using the EF brand hood for few months, so far so good.

lonewolf

sugarchoc, I find cleaning the Fujioh hassle-free enough. It is a well-thought out design. At least you can easily remove almost everything to give it a really cleaning in the bathroom. But usually I does that a few months or so. More regularly, I just remove the oil trays and filters and wipe it clean with paper towel. Its going to get oily again so why clean so thoroughly anyway, right?

wes

Hi Meg,
You tried EF hood right? Wat abt their Hob or Oven?
Can find out where you bought it, which model and at what price?

Hi Ocean,
Yap EF is an Italian Brand. Though not very popular but they are having promotion right not. Get their Hob + hood and you will be able to get a build in Oven at a lower retail price. :D

bluebell

Hi Gals,

The EF package for chinmey hood and hob is a good buy at $700+. The chimney hood has a suction of 700+. And the design is nice. But hubby prefers slimline hood so we bought Fujioh. Fujioh comes with 3 yrs warranty and during their promotional period you can buy the stainless steel backing for $90. =)

ocean

Hi Wes, actually my hubby bought the EF brand chimmey Hoods with 600 suction power & stove with 3 burners & safety valves on Sat. Thot it is a EW brand!
lame.gif
kekee... Price is less than S$600 (incl GST).

chiart

Hi everyone,
heard from my friends that technogas is still the preferred one....

Ocean, where did you get your cooker hob / hood?

ocean

Chiart, it is actually my hubby who make the purchase! He got it at Mega Discount Store!! Think the price quite reasonable loh!!
happy.gif

ocean

Chiart, actually i also dun noe wat it stands for!!
lame.gif
Me as ignorant as u lah & worst, very blur too!! kekkeee....
biggrin.gif

Imagine, at first i still tell pple frm another thread tat i bought a <FONT SIZE="+2">EW</FONT> brand hood&amp;hob!??!! Jus noe tat this is an italian brand thing!!

Btw, at which stage r u in ur hse renovation???

chiart

hi ocean,
hehe...same as me.....blur blur...that's what my hubby scolds me too
happy.gif

my house actually just started reno...now going to lay the tiles for the living room...
still have more to come...
have u moved into your new home already?

ocean

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">chiart</FONT>, sorry to reply late.
lame.gif
How's ur hse renovation liao????

Me also still renovatin leh... Hood &amp; hob buy till today still not install yet.....
sad.gif
Very long hor!!!

<FONT COLOR="119911"><FONT SIZE="+2">Btw, Merry Christmas to All!!</FONT></FONT>
biggrin.gif

jady

Hi Lonewolf,

thks for reply but sorry i post the question to u agn in another thread cos i hvnt chk this thread...blur me! hoe kee quoted me 750 for fujioh 2 burner hob &amp; hood is FIT900. is this expensive?

S

sotired

Hi Jady,

You may like to refer back to the Anchorvale thread. =)

I bought the fujioh 3 burner hob (the larger version, 933SVR) + FIT900 at S$720. =)

Must bargain loh....

piggy

Hi Jady,

i bot Fujioh 3 burner hob (302SVR) + FIT900 at $730 (w $30 cold storage V)

U can try calling some of the neighbouring electrical stores for quotes. They dun display but they might be one of the distributors.

jady

i initially wanted 3 burner but hubby said no nid, 2 burner will do. tat can at most watch the fire for 2 sides &amp; only 2 hands. so now got quoted 2 burner + hood is abt $680. will b gettg this loh..
happy.gif

MERRY XMAS TO ALL OF U!

chiart

Hi Ocean,
thanks for your advice....anyway i have got my hob and hood already...i got it at sim siang choon for about $600 plus..i think it is elica brand....
me also still renovating...hopefully can finish before cny..sigh
sad.gif

yesterday choose colour for my house really headache man
sad.gif

ocean

Hi Chiart, glad tat u already got the hob &amp; hoob. Think every heard of this brand too. So we two already settle with hood &amp; hob.

Really??? You now choosing colour of ur hse? So wat colour hv u selected?? This is for painting rite? My hse already painted. After this, u need to choose colours for the laminate, which is another headache!!

Well, we all just hope that all these headaches will turn our hse into the dream hse tat we wanted!! Then it is worth the effort!!
happy.gif

chiart

Hi Ocean,
Ya finally we have select our hob and hood
happy.gif

Imagine I have to select colors for the paint, the laminate for all my cabinets on CHRISTMAS day
sad.gif

Really super duper headache
sad.gif
i choose lilac white for my living room and orchid white for all my rooms....we want to keep it simple....what about u?
i have also select my laminate color..it is a real headache..now i am scared my house will not look so nice
happy.gif

so what is left for your house to do?

J

janjan :p

hi,

anyone knows the difference between electric type &amp; gas type cooker hobs?... which is better?...

lonewolf

Think you mix hobs with hood right? Coz hobs dun have grills but hood does.

I can't comment on the other brands. But I found my Fujioh hoods easy enough to clean. It really easy to dimantle the whole thing. Bring it to the bathroom, turn on the water heater and give it a good scrub to remove the oil residue with warm water.

meow

Hi,
Anymore comments from those who has already start using their cooker hob and hood? I'm considering between Fujioh and Turbo. Dun know why but turbo is softer when i turn it to the maximum speed leh.

kean_meng

wow. I hope I am not late.

Meow,

Which brand did you finally bought?? I was also very tempted to get the Turbo one.. now chimney hood and hob at $618.

Any other Turbo users here? Your feedback will be very useful. Thanks!

lazymutha2003

can pls anyone tell mi which brand(cooker/hub) best and value for money?
i heard lots of brand
1.turbo(italy)
2.ariston(italy )?
3.techno
4.ef
5 teka
6 elba
7 fuijoh

pongpong32

Hi i just brought my EF hob and hood. They are having promotion now.. The glass top hobs and hood cost only $470.. But only for white colour..