Cooker Hobs/Hoods

pongpong32

hi geneva & tiewster..
think should be still on.. i brought it at a shop call poh joo.. at jalan besar.. opposite the food centre there..

nanababe

hello, can any one advise on the brand- Brandt , Hob & hood?
i can't seems to find the info on web...
Million thanks...

obride

gals, can you share your

1) cooker hood model
2) extraction capacity
3) are u doing heavy duty cooking
4) the ability of the hood to cope with your cooking

thanks

i'm trying to find out if a suction capacity of 400-600m3/hr is enough for chinese stir frying which can be very smoky cos need strong fire

wenn

hi ob-rider,
i just received my metallic silver fujioh 800DL yesterday. seems like there are quite good comments on this hood. thus we decided to try it. http://www.fujioh.com/sg/product/oiltech.htm

1) 800DL
2) they measure by air flow
3) hubby likes to do a lot of frying.
4) not sure yet but hubby's current chimney hood can't take his constant deep frying. need to replace charcoal filter every few months.

wenn

oh, the current brand that he is using is Faber. paiseh, not very sure the difference between recycling & ventilating type. i only know that there are only 3 models selling in SG.

1 is the FIT model, the 2nd is the 800DL model & lastly, is the updated version of the 800DL which is slightly shorter but the metal plate is shaped in a S-shape. u can see it at Hoe Kee or can get their brochures for a look. the brochure oso lists the price. my purchase comes with a free demo on how to use & clean the hood
happy.gif

wenn

Hi pebbie,
oops, can't remember liao. i think it's $900+ for hood & hob. got from Hon Kheng at Balestier together with my bathroom stuffs
happy.gif

dclaudia

hello

anyone using technogas hob and hood? Im thinking of getting this but in the meanwhile would like to receive feedback before confirming my decision. Where can i get hob and hood at a cheaper price?

a_k

hi,

I am looking at Rinnai hood & hob. I also looking at 3 burner model. Anyone can share experience? the electrical store at Jurong area which is popular in SB thread told me Rinnai is counted one of the good hob to compare. Btw how much suction power for the hood is then consider good enough? Any advice? Thanks!

art

Hi AK

I am using Rinnai now and its great... Suction power in number I dun know but its really good
happy.gif

Cheers
happy.gif

a_k

Hi rabbitwsk, how much u bought for the rinnai hood & hob? seems lik they dun hv oven hor? do u hv an oven? wat brand? me sourcing for oven...

a_k

Hi rabbitwsk & all,

Rinnai got 2 type of hood. One type using filter, meaning u change/ wash the aluminum filter regularly. Another type is using an oil pack, whereby oil is contained in 2 outlets & u pour away the oil after some time usage. The oil pack type one uses turbocco fan, whereas the other filter type doesnt use this technology. However, the sales told me the oil pack one will need to pour away the oil, clean the turbocco fan & also the aluminum filter. The filter type juz need to clean the aluminum filter, or one can buy disposable filter & throw away after usage. So maintenance wise seems that the oil pack one is more tedious. but my friend told us that turbocco fan is better. the sales said it is abt the same. in fact, the turbocco fan is ex by 20 bucks, but the sales said if want easy maintenance, buy for the filter type (which is a little cheaper also). Now we are kind of stucked. Dont know which to choose... Any1 can help to advise on which is a good choice? Appreciate your feedback.

blackforest

Hi,
Has anyone heard of Ellane hob and hood? There is a slim model EH-323 SS that can support air flow up to 720m3/h. The current package of B338SS Hob and EH-323 hood is $458. Anyone can share any experience? Thanks.

p2me1a

hey AK,

so which hob and hood did u get in the end? and have u started using? if so, how has it been so far?
happy.gif

pst

a_k

hi pst, i got rinnai hob & hood as recommended by a shop whom i known for yrs. she recommend this brand becos of the good comments she got from her customers. i hv not used it yet. only when the citygas come to connect it, got switch on to see only. but hv not use it in real so cannot comment further on it. all i can say is both look neat on the cabinets.

kero

Hi AK,

May i know which Rinnai model did you get? I'm thinking of getting the hob but Ariston/Delizia's hood cos Rinnai's hood's design not very nice.

a_k

hi kero, i cant rem the model i got. i think there is only 2 models for the hood. i got a simple looking 3 burner, without those addtl metal "tray" on it one cos i prefer simple type & easier to clean also. as for the hood, we choose the filter type cos it is more metallic looking tat blend better into my cabinet. it got 3 mode of suction. neat looking i should say. i think other brand hv more variety. electrolux one is nice.

vinljp

I went down to see Bellari at Jln Besar...they sell hood and hob and their hood can suck up a plank that weighs about 3kg !!!

It has 900m3/hrs suction power and rather quiet motor !!...and its hobs are lifetime warranty !!

casgy

Planning to buy a cooker hood my for my resale flat. The previous owner had installed the hob but leaving an empty space for the hood (not for those chimney types). Do anyone know how much will be the installation charges? Just wondering, is the hood going to be mounted onto the wall or the kitchen cabinet?

ridhwan82

Nope i havent heard of that brand. But if you ask me i would recommend you take Brandt products. Real good value for money. or if you have the money to spare and have a higher quality premium class products. go for DE Dietrich.
Both are french brand and most of their item are made in france. But De Dietrich is really superb. visit their showroom and before you know it you are hooked. One thing to take note is that their showroom is a NO SALES floor means that you will be attended to with no pushing of sales. Its under ElcoBrandt group

So you can go and have a look at brands like Brandt (cater to mid range consumers washer, dryer, ovens, hood, hob,etc)
Thomson (High end consumer looking for washer, dryer)
De Dietrich (higher end consumer looking for hood hobd, dishwasher)

They are all so good. its fantastic. and cos its a no sales floor you wun get pressurized about salesperson hogging you to a brand. there you ask whatever you want to ask. if they cannot answer, they get their technician immediately and have them come over to the showroom floor to answer your queries.

Be warned that De Dietrich is expensive but offers high quality products

Their Showroom is as Haw Par TechnoCentre

jm9

Hi all

Besides Techno and Bellari, may I know which brands carry a slim chimney hood design which has a glass arch?

hello88

Maybe u'll like to go down to citygas (PUB showroom) or Safe Store at Harbour Front for some window shopping. Citygas has a wide variety of brands on display and the sales personnel are very friendly and would give concrete advise.

takishi

Can any Bellari hood users share just how loud is the hood when using the highest setting?

Just how much is the acceptable range?
thanks.

hello88

think usually hobs and hoods regardless of brands have ongoing promo so u can check it out. Actually I not sure if the above pic I pasted is Teka or EF as EF also got similar designs

hi all,

look for asiaexcel @ imm. their service n prices r good. heard that they buy in bulk, thus can give very good prices. they have quite a few brands on display.

iceblue27

hey ppl, i m lookin for hobs of the design tt hello posted. pls keep me posted of such design but not high end type, lookin at smth below $400, wonder possible?

hello88

Hi iceblue27,

have u gone to citigas to check out the hobs? Worth going there for a visit as they have many brands over there.

bailey

i rem sometime ago after Xmas period last yr, i saw an advert from Aerogaz abt their hob and hood package promo, looks quite okie to me.

anyone using this brand got any comment?