Constipation (Anyone has any help)

junec

Northgal,

Can Aloe be eaten raw? Or must cook? The juice is raw Juice of must cook then blend. I want to try to plant one. Must buy the plant or can just cut from MIL's plant and replant it?

northgal

junec,
I have no idea if it can be taken raw, but my mum have been boiling it with rock sugar added. Raw one can be massaged over the the skin, believed to hydrate and nourish. I tried it occassionally but have no idea how true it is. Whatever u do wif it, remember to remove the skin completely.

The ready packed and concentrated juice sold in supermarket can be served readily. No cooking needed but there is sugar needed. The freshly peeled aloe trunk sold in NTUC is raw, have to cut into smaller pcs and boil. It is sold at <$2 for a big big trunk.

Look into your MIL's pot, there must be many many baby aloe reproduced. Just pluck an infant with root and put into your own pot. Baby may be too fragile and lower survival rate. There is no need to buy cos aloe reproduce very fast and is easy to plant.

But given the choice, I would want to get the raw one from NTUC cos it take time for the aloe to grow and in my life time, I have nvr seen my house-plant able to grow to that size of those sold in NTUC. I prefer to eat the flesh in large cubes, more chewy. We used to grow them in the garden.

ocgnil

i read abt how the international Science council go through the process to give a seal to a product. Which make me trust them loh, they are very detail and careful during the process. Think maybe you miss this page . http://www.iasc.org/details.html.

I don't know abt aloe from m'sia plantation, maybe they got the seal?
Oh just know that a quality/effective aloe product , the percent of aloe in side the drink / product have to excess certain amount if not it will be just a beverage not a health product loh. i read this from a book in the library.

Ya i'm now using aloe product with seal on. I get it from my friend.

northgal

Ashley,
Look at the seal, it is printed : Certified Aloe content and purity in this product'. I understand your stand that such seal protect those consumer who take aloe vera extraced product. This is good for the consumer cos at least we know that it got enough aloe and the aloe is fresh from impurities. However, I am just thinking that if we are to take the fresh type, the seal will not be applicable bcos it is definetly fresh and we know that we are taking 100%aloe, no proof needed.

northgal

Ashley,

You are getting me confused leh. This link mentioned that it is best to get it directly from the plant :

The processed products are difficult to keep stable, a problem that can cause differences in product potency. Many products advertise special stabilizing procedures, but the best source of aloe gel would be direct from a broken leaf of the plant

And the 3 key points to note printed the following:

Key Points

Aloe latex is a harsh stimulant laxative that has FDA approval for OTC use as a laxative ingredient.

Products derived from aloe gel and intended for internal use have not been proven effective against any disease.

The effectiveness of aloe skin-care products is uncertain

ocgnil

what they mean is for those Many products advertise special stabilizing procedures, they do not have the right way to stabilizing aloe, if they do not have then it is better to get from the plant itself.Cos most nutrient will be loss then if they do not have the matter to stabilizing aloe.

That's why IASC came in .

And you see the keypoint right

Aloe latex is a harsh stimulant laxative that has FDA approval for OTC use as a laxative ingredient

IASC is also working with FDA for the test process.

ocgnil

And too the right type of aloe, cos not all types of aloe can be consume. The best quality aloe for human as i know is Aloe Barbadensis Miller

northgal

Ashley,

Just a gentle reminder, where did your friend get his aloe juice supply from? Is this product approved and sold in Singapore? Is your friend a qualified person to introduce you the product or could he be profit driven?

I attended 2 seminar on MLM - Nuskin &amp; Forever Living, of which Forever oso happened to be in Aloe products. This is what is published in Forever website that attract me to the seminar :

Do you want to enjoy more free time?
Do you want to be your own boss and control your destiny?
Do you want to earn an extra income $500, $1000 or $5000 every month?

They mainly earn from 2 sources:

(1)Member can get the products from the distributor and sell to customer at 30% profit

(2)Member get commission from the sales of each sub-member recruited by them.

I am not saying that MLM product is not good, it just that sometime we should get an understanding of the pdts that is being introduced. I am actually considering getting Nuskin pdts too, though I know that my distributor friend is just selling and is not trained in this field.

ocgnil

I think is forever living loh, There's a bird one right. I don't care izzit MLM or Ntuc or Nuskin or what ever M there lah, as long i know the company is legal and the product is good quality and effective for me. Who cares izzit MLM or what ever lah, To me the important thing is the product. Should but from them the aloe gel is good.

ms_vain

hi all,

just to share a little bit abt this forever living aloe gel since ashley is using it as well. i got to know this brand from my ex colleagues. Forever Living Products (FLP) is indeed a MLM org. but like many pple, i dont care abt earning the money. my concern is the pdts, whether it works for me or not. so far, i buy the pdts for my own consumption and my family members.

I have been using their pdts for abt 3-4 mths. so far so gd. as for their aloe gel or juice, i agree that it does help my digestive system. for me, i drink the aloe nectar. i would recommend it coz it does help me. but it takes the person herself/himself to try it to know whether it is effective or not. i wouldnt say it will work for everyone.
happy.gif

rest assured, ladies, i'm just sharing my experience regarding FLP n not promoting them.

northgal

Hi Ms Vain, may I know if you are using the skin care product too? I would like to hear some feedback from users of this range. I am considering a change into all natural ingredient product and would like to gather some feedback though I am aware that differnt pple may react differently to a particular pdt.

ms_vain

hi northgal,

im currently using their pdts as well. like i say, have been using for a few mths n my complexion has indeed becom better. except for occasionally breakouts due to hormone changes and stress.

there is this particular creme that i like it best. in fact, i swear by it. it helps to clear out the pit holes on my cheeks which have been there for more than a decade! i still have a few of them but to think that in a few mths im able to c this kind of result is already very promising. the best part is, the creme cost less than $30.00 a tube, usually last me 1-2mths coz i apply very thick mah, kiasu. hee..

have introduced my sis to use the facial mask as well. she likes the moisture on her face after using it and have asked me to buy for her just after one use. but she commented abt the smell of the gel n lotion. not that pleasant to her but still bearable becoz of its effectiveness mah. like i say, different ppl differnt views.

let me know if u need more info.

caratsoup

TO those who suffer from constipation,

I once went to Mt Avernia due to a very bad case constipation (bad experience) and the doctor there recommended bananas. It really works. And dragonfruit is good as well. Try just eating lotsa these for breakfast and it will really stimulate your bowels.

Once you visit the toilet and clear all the hard stools (when you don't release your bowels for days, that's when the stools get hard and is very difficult to pass out, the more you 'kek', the worst it is), make sure it you do it regularly on a daily basis (remember your daily intake of bananas and dragonfruit) and you will automatically want to visit the toilet every morning. Oh and drinking a big glass of water every morning when you wake up helps too
happy.gif

I don't have constipation problems anymore.

northgal

Hi CaratSoup,
I tried bananas b4, it works. Prune juice is another alternative. I have just bought Del Monte Prune juice, 473ml for $2.95. Read in a magazine that Prunes are the no.1 antioxidant fruit.

muppy

hi caratsoup,

i agree with prune juice. try to drink plenty of water ok to avoid this situation

er ... i also heard from friends that when they were young and couldn't pang s*i, their mums would push a bit of soap up their a**hole. i HEARD ok? i don't know how true and no, my ah bu says i wasn't a victim of that

brings a whole new meaning to 'bending down and picking up soap' huh? hehehe

glymo118

melanie,

I have seen this pump-looking thingy containing some soapy water. Just need to squeeze the soapy water into the a***. My late grandparents used it.

northgal,

Banana has high calorie. Quite reluctant to eat on a daily basis. Looks like I need to try because prune juice doesn't work on me. Orange juice (florida's) works for me sometimes. Will start drinking water first thing in the morning. Heard its supposed to improve complexion too. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

alan_golfnut

Much as the whole thing abt sticking up some solution into the anus sounds gross and torturous, it actually works and doctors also prescribe that. They'll give you a syringe with some solution (dunno what it is, prob some stuff to relax the anal muscle) and then wait for it to come out. For those parents whose children who have constipation problem, you might've encountered this before.

trizia68

Yes Alan, I used that when I was a little, my problem since childhood.
sad.gif

Well my doc did told me before its bcos I don't enjoy going to toilet therefore my brain send signal to my bowel system to hold on, and the more I wait it become harden and it will not be easy to come out. Actually it will be good if I ve allocate a time everytime to squat in the toilet.

onzz

Hi Patrizia,

I suffered fr constipation badly as a child, here to share how i overcome de problem.

Whenever i constipated 4 more than 2 days, i would get so worried, n i would force myself to push de bowels out, and my piles would drip blood like crazy...

Initially docs prescribed tis pill with de name "cibamed" (in de late 70s), worked very well, but after a while de body seems too used to it n has no effect anymore.

So i believe taking pills is not de long term solution as de body might get immune to it after a while.

3 aspects of constipation u need to look at:

1)diet - perhaps your diet has too little veg or fruits / high fibre items, drink too little water.

2)frequency - due to infrequently doing "big business", your stools gets too hard, n it hurts de anus when u release, n if u hv piles it bleeds.

3)psychological - u get worried dat u can't release bowels, ur system gets tensed, n u dun get nature call anymore.

So to start with, u must ensure dat u take a well balanced diet. Fruits n Veg r must. Banana is very good at stimulating nature call, but de stool becomes very hard. Papaya also stimulates. Believe it or not, water melon was very helpful for me - it makes de stool soft. Drink enough water. A glass of cold milk in de morning does wonders too.

Having ensured tat your stools stay soft, de next thing is frequency of releasing your bowels. For me, doing it daily is a must. If u accumulate for a few days, it will eventually becomes hard even if your diet is balanced.

The hardest part is "psychological". I won de war by overcoming de psychological fear. So dun think dat there's such a big problem with your system, its really in de mind.

You MUST BELIEVE tat u can become normal again. If u stick to de "diet" n "frequency" rules, u will get nature call. When u get nature call, dun miss de chance. Use de squat toilet, force your bowels out, dun worry if it bleeds.

One approach i used is walking around reading a book in my hand, or even in de toilet. Because i diverted my attention to wat i was reading, de fear was temporarily forgotten n my system gets a chance to give me a nature call. Once i get de nature call, i simply forced myself to release, even if it were to cause lots of bleeding. With a few occasions like dat, i had de opportunity to clear my intestines, n not forgetting to apply de medicine given to me to allow de piles to subside. If your piles r internal, u need your partner to help apply de medicine for u.

Bit by bit, as u become able to pass motion more frequently, your faith will grow, n bit by bit, u will become more n more normal, n get nature call daily like most people.

Till tis day i still stick to my daily visit to toilet.

Remember, there can be miracle, if U BELIEVE.

alan_golfnut

Actually, the more you delay going to the toilet, the harder your stools become. Anyway, back to the story the solution and syringe, my friend injected it into his son's anus, and almost immediately he had to run to the toilet cos he had not control over his rectum! The muscle just completely relaxed and couldn't hold the stools.

seiko

only 3 things work for me:

1) Load system wif lots of water throughout the day.

2) Prune juice. I take half a cup undiluted. n within 45 mins, will chiong toilet.

3)If the above 2 options fail, there's always the Senokot tablets.

junec

Hi noticed no one mentioned exercise. Some how, when I started jogging, my problem went away. Read article that if u move, bowels also move. Make sense?

trizia68

Hi Onzz,
Thanks that's really encouraging,
happy.gif
at least you are a live example.
Me been taking lots of fruits and force myself to take lots on water throughout the day.
And I drink at least a glass of water and a small glass of prune juice/milk in the morning at least 30 mins before I eat anything. Just a few days ago, I ate a prune dry fruit recommend by my uncle ($59 for about 30++ prune) its really effective but I didn't take it regulary. My Uncle only gave me 3 so I ate in every two other day. at least to clear my stomach when it didn't pass out. These two day I do feel the urge but nothing came out, so I ll take your advice and try to relax maybe i was too tense. Thanks
happy.gif

trizia68

Yes Alan, and I think its not good to use it too often.
Hi Junec,
I do exercise but I don't know whether its help.

nutty

All of you mentioned prune juice. What about dried prunes like those from sunsweet or delmonte?? Are they less effective than the juice itself?

I have heard from somepeople that consuming too much high fibre food will also lead to constipation!! Cos probably too many things are stuck up there? Not too sure also..

Exercise does helps in perastalsis (not sure abt my spelling) and thus helps in bowel movement.

kathryn

Hi Patrizia, I also suffer from constipation occassionally. Sometimes when I an busy, I never go toilet for 5 or 6 days. The first time when I was constipated, I went to the doctor. It was a shocking and embarassing experience. She asked me to pull down my pants and lie on the bed. Then she took a pump with some solution inside (enema) and inserted it into my anus. Then she squeezed the solution into my rectum. After a while I went to the toilet. The enema really helps to clear your bowels, but the doctor adviced me not to use it too often. Now, I use it occassionally to relief myself. I think you can try that. They can be bought at the pharmacy. The brand is "Fleet enema"

heyya

try hunza fibre plus. got it frm my sis. i tink she bought it in nature farm or gnc.. one of those supplements shop. its realli good n effective. jus tk 1 before bedtime everyday. n cos u dun want to rely on the fibre plus permanently, can try to gradually reduce the intake to maybe 1 in 2 days. slowly decrease the dosage n load yrself wif 2 servings of fruits everyday. oranges r reali good.

zhi

i suffered from constipation last time,..i went to see dr and she told me to eat yoghurt it will make the feaces softer thus easier to come out.. i follow her advise and it works for me in addition it is good for skin.. a plus point

snow_white77

I had constipation during and after my pregnancy but luckily the consult at Mary Chia advise me to drink prune juice and apple cider vinegar.Now I,m a much healty person.

samlicia

i don't quite understand the problem? what is the effect of not going for 2 or 3 days?
i tot if we eat very little everyday (eg on diet or no appetite) then we will have little waste and go only every 2-3 days? is normal isn't it...

makino

hi crystal,

you can try any health supplement shops like GNC or Nature's Farm. But I've not heard that apple cider vinegar is for bowel movement.. it's more for slimming or something. It looks like a normal bottle of vinegar, just look at the label.

You can go to guardian and get this Senokat pill. Follow the instructions and slowly you will get your 'movements' back.

Yacult helps too.

bikergal2004

for constipation u can eat raw nuts from cold storage $5.20 per pack brand five leaves??or eat organic brown rice which help u to go toliet.

u can tried organic honey with lemon in the morning n night after half an hour than consume food..it works for me..i poo for 3-4 times..

cos for me banana,prune juice is useless for me as i am very heaty person if i ate fried food i will constipation..dun always consume pills or health supplement.sometimes dun work n it might have side effects

brandee

Hi all
I used to have the same problem too, can constipate 3 to 4 days.
After getting married, my hubby makes fruit &amp; veg smoothy for me every morning. U must blend all together and drink it with the pulp first thing in the morning. He uses oranges, banana, apples, celery, carrot and tomatoes, add some low fat milk and ice.
Now i go toilet at least once a day and it's tasty too. Forget abt health supplements, eating fresh fruits and vege is best.

kyl

Hi Girls,

Just want to share.
have been taking yogurt. those plains ones.
Does helps in moving the bowel.
At least I get to have some small poops at different time of the day.
Can try. get those with the live active cultures ones.

lwk

yup, can always try Aloe Concentrate as well.
My sister got rid of her constipation with that.

nutty

crystal said taking the nuts can help in constipation? but i thought nuts are one the main culprit for constipation cos are 'heaty'?

nutty

crystal said taking the nuts can help in constipation? but i thought nuts are one the main culprit for constipation cos are 'heaty'?

bikergal2004

hi nutti peanut.i mean raw nuts not those roasted nuts.cos organic raw nuts given high fibre..unlike roasted nuts is heaty cos constipation,eat moderate not a lot lah

airex

Hi,

I tried taking green tea every nite and it really helps in bowel movement on the nxt day. Recommended to a few ppl and it's gd. It's not the usual satchet form. It's available only' in Cold Storage, Jason's etc.. It's in powder form and therefore u drink together. Easy to use. Abt $12++ per pkt.