Conrad Centennial Singapore

S

suemay03

Hi Junebrides,
This is what they quoted me for CITIBANK HEAVENLY WEDDING PROMOTION
Weekday : $948nett per table (min 20 tables) / $918nett per table (min 25 tables)
Weekend : $1048nett per table (min 20 tables) / $1018nett per table (min 25 tables)

The colour theme are white (some parents may not like all white white), white/silver, white/gold, orange and I can't remember the other one. No extra charge.

I picked Conrad because there's only one ballroom & therefore my wedding will be the only one in the hotel. My first choice was Fullerton but I feel more comfortable talking to the staff at Conrad. I requested for the price list & immediately I got it, followed by a phone call to invite me to view the ballroom & suite. I have gone down last Sat & I like the ballroom & the suite. Therefore, it was not a difficult decision to choose Conrad. Good service too!

S

suemay03

oh yes, Junebrides, if you need the quotation, I can fwd to you. Just give me yr email address.
happy.gif

junebrides

Hi suemay03

thanks for the info...the price you quoted is for 12 person per table?

And with regards to the colour theme, could you eleborate pls?for example, when u say I what the color theme to be white, this means that the entire ballroom will be dressed in eg white flowers, ribbons right? and also, will be table centrepiece be removed when dinner is served or will it remain on the table throughout the dinner time?

S

suemay03

Hi junebrides,
sori, MIA for awhile! ... was busy so hv not come to the forum. Yes, the price is for 12 person/table.

As for the theme, if you choose white, that means the table cloths, seat cover will be white. Not sure abt the flower though. When I was there the other day, I saw the white/silver theme. The table cloth is white and on top of it, is another layer of silver organza. I saw the photo for white & gold theme & I like that.

You can also picked yr centrepiece, either 3 thick candles (different heights surrounded by flowers) or a bowl of water with floating gerberas and candles. The centrepiece will be there throughout the dinner becos the food will be portioned out at the side & served to the guests individually. That's another thing I like abt Conrad.

That's all I can provide now regarding the decor. Hope it helps. When's yr wedding?

cleo

Hi all brides,
Any one of u who booked with CONRAD has taken your photo shoot there as one of your outdoor location?

I'm only taking indoor at the studio and 1 outdoor location which is the hotel as very hot weather so not very keen to go out at all...

Anyway, I was told by Debby to sign an undertaking form and was only allowed between 2-5pm at the lobby, ballroom foyer and swimming pool area to take photos.

Anyone got any similar encounter to share????

B

babeizaac

Hi junebrides,

I too held my wedding reception at conrad pool pavilion last year October. I can't agree more that concard offer VERY Good and professional service. That is also 1 of the MAJOR reson why we have chosen CONRAD cos we want our guest to enjoy themselves as much as we do.

Talking about the decoration, maybe you want to have a view of what my co-ordinator did for us which Debby was impressed too..

E-mail : [email protected]

S

suemay03

Hi babeizaac,
would like to see yr pix, pls email to me at [email protected]

Initially tot of having my solemnisation at Salon by The Pool before the wedding dinner but decided to just have it in the ballroom. You are right, I was impressed with their service when I visited the hotel that's why I decided to hold my banquet there.

Thanks for sharing yr pixs...
happy.gif

smartie

Hi babeizaac

I'm also a 2003 Conrad bride. Would like to have a look at your decor pics too. Thks.

My e-mail: smartie1206 @hotmail.com

nikki

Hi Sue,
I've booked Conrad ballroom for my banquet. But I've also booked the poolside for my solemnization b4 the banquet.

sue

Hi Nikki,
I tot of doing that but changed my mind after I was told that it costs $1000 to book the Salon. So decided to just do it in the ballroom. I'm glad that I chose Conrad because when I told my friends or colleagues that I booked Conrad for my wedding banquet, they give me a very positive look! When is yr wedding?

Hi Smartie,
I'm also a 2003 bride. There is a thread for 2003 bride & it is very active. We are having a gathering this Sat.

Sue

nikki

Hi Sue,
My wedding's on 15 Nov this year. How abt u? Actually, I thot of having the solemnization in the ballroom like u cos I think it's rather ridiculous to pay that amt of money for a short while. But my FH likes the outdoor a lot, so it was him who insist. Well...

sue

Hi Nikki,
My wedding is on 25 May 03. I was told by a lot of pple to book my banquet first so juz be kiasu a bit...bk it tis yr. My FH is overseas until end of the year therefore I'm doing most of the planning myself with the help of his sister & my friends. He has not even seen the ballroom!
happy.gif

faith

Hi Sue

You're right, is very normal to book early to avoid disappointment. I've booked mine 1 1/2 years before my wedding date.

Hi babeizaac

I'm taking my photoshot this August, one of the selected outdoor location is Conrad. Please share with me your pics. Thanks. My email address is [email protected]

sue

Hi Faith,
That's my intention too....to take outdoor pixs at Conrad! Maybe can share yr photos after they were done.
happy.gif

kismet

Hi Nikki,

Rest assured, the $1000 that you're paying for the rental of the Pool Pavilion would be money well-spent!
happy.gif
I had my solemnisation there for 120 pax, before dinner in the ballroom, and many of my friends thot it was the most beautiful and romantic part of the wedding!
happy.gif

Hi Faith,

Some of my outdoor shots were taken at Conrad, including the Presidential Suite. You should inform your banquet manager prior to the photoshoot, and she'll let you sign some "permission" request form. No promises for the Pres Suite tho, cos that depends on its availability on that day itself. But you could always ask for the Chairman Suite if the Presidential Suite isn't availble... Have Fun!
happy.gif

L

lt

hi Kismet,

am interested in booking the ballroom for banquet. how do your guests feel about the food & service at conrad??

sue

Hi Kismet,
I've booked Conrad for my wedding banquet next yr. Met up wif a friend & she commented that food at Conrad was so-so only. I know this can be very subjective but what is the general comments from yr guests?

trinity03

When my colleagues and relatives asked which hotel did I book for my wedding, I told them Conrad. They gave the 'wow' look. I guess the hotel standard is already a very plus point. Also for those who been there before said the food is not bad. (not everyone been there before)

faith

Hi Kismet

Thanks for yr info. Ya, I've checked with Wei Nam, she told me no promise for pres. suite. I also ask if there's any new design for the ballroom theme & invitation cards, she says all still the same as last yr.

cleo

Hi all CONRAD brides,
Last August when I signed the agreement with Debby, she said that the seat covers will change and will be chargable at $4 per pc while the old white type will be FOC....true till now??any changes??

Any ideas how long in advance should we collect the invitation card from CONRAD for printing and when to go for food tasting? My wedding date on 4/10/02. Any advice???

Cheers

kismet

Hi LT, Sue,

We received good comments on the food in general. The 2002 menu is much mre int There was just one dish that my aunt commented on(the dried prawns too much! so abit "stinko"??) But she was the only one with less than positive comments. Most of the guests I asked were full of praises. I think we have to do our part too. I wrote up a detailed "feedback report" after the food-tasting, and told them exactly what we wanted, and stressed how we want HOT food etc. I also spoke to the chef to make slight changes to the menu etc, and they were all done well..
happy.gif
Sometimes, just gotta make known that you're a fussy person, and they would take you abit more seriously.. :p

Service-wise, no complaints. Guests got what they want when they asked for it. Just that quite a number of guests came to tell us that they were too "generous" with the wine. They kept topping up the glasses before they were finished, and even removed some unfinished glasses and replaced them with filled glasses! And this happened despite VERY specific instructions we gave them. Like when to top up, ask before topping up, how much to top up etc.. :p

But overall, service from the banquet manager was really good. The actual day's manager - need to give very specific instructions too. Good to have a friend who you can trust as the overall coordinator, and leave it to him to liaise with the manager.

All in all, no regrets. Not that I'm ever gonna have a wedding again, but if I were to do it again, I would still choose Conrad!!
happy.gif

Hi Faith,

Same as last year? Hmm... I thot they were going to change the cards?? Anyway, I didn't use the hotel's cards, and got a refund of $1 per piece.. Not a bad deal..
happy.gif

faith

Hi kismet

If I dun use their cards, I've to source around for cards which I'm reluctant to....is it cheaper to get yr own card ? Glad to hear from u that most of yr guests has gd comments on the food. When should I arrange for the food tasting, my wedding is Dec '02 ?

Hi Cleo

I also heard something about the change of table cloth and seat covers fr Debby last year but when i checked with Wei Nam a week ago, she says still remained the same.

sue

Hi Kismet,
Thanks for yr detailed explanation. I think I'm more assured after reading yr email. I agree wif u that we have to do our part to give our comments to make them know our expectations so that they'll take us seriously.

Hi Trinity03,
I've the same experience as you. When people heard Conrad, they have the 'wow, Conrad ahh!' kind of expression therefore, guess we have made a right choice to be Conrad brides.

cleo

Hi faith,
Most probably economic no good tat why Conrad did not change to the "gold weaved with silver" type of chair cover...imagine $4 per pc!

Hi Trinity03 & Sue,
Same here....when ppl asked where I'm holding my wedding dinner...their 1st reaction is always "WOW!!!expensive...six star hotel..!" I'm surprised as i thought Conrad has always been low profile not like Ritz tat is well known for its six star price tag....but frankly speaking, quite proud tat ppl think "Highly" of me and hubby...hheeeheeee

kismet

Hi Faith,

Unfortunately not.. it's not cheaper to get your own cards, but it helps to "subsidise" with that $1 refund..
happy.gif
We got our cards from AWT - about $1.80 per pc with envelops. Gotta watch out for the size too, cos we had to pay $0.50 for local postage.. :p

I did my food-tasting about 1 month before the actual day. Your banquet manager would probably prompt you when the time is right... no worries.. dun do it too early in case the chef changes!! ;p

Hi Cleo, Trinity03, Sue,

Yeah, I had similar reaction from friends and relatives... those who know where Conrad is.. And the good thing is tho they rate it in the class of Ritz and its like, Conrad is definitely more affordable than the rest. But there are also people who haven't heard of Conrad before, and one of the guests even thought it was Concorde Hotel!! :p

cleo

Hi Kismet/Faith,
Any idea when we will collect our cards for printing if we decided to use the card from CONRAD? how much is the estimated printing cost?

I also got some relatives who thot CONRAD is Concorde and thot per table is only $400-$600 so got no choice but to subtly hint them that CONRAD is a new hotel, situated where and then they will naturally ask u 1 table so most of my guests noe the price range of per table at CONRAD liao.....but still very very scared got to top up like mad...hope can break even very happy already.

sue

Hahaha, I guess most of us have the same experience.

Hi Cleo,
My wedding will be in May 03 & I was told that the collection of cards will be in Feb & they will provide us wif a few printers. But, my FH doesn't really like the cards & we have decided to get our own cards...more personalised! & also get the $1 refund.

Hi Faith,
I'm looking fwd to yr photo shoot in Aug at Conrad & see how they turned out.

Hi Kismet,
Care to share some of yr photos taken in the Conrad suite?
happy.gif

bebe

Hi to those who used Salon by the Pool,

Would like to have wedding celebration @ Salon by the Pool. Can I check with those who have had their weddings held there before, how much was the buffet dinner per person and also what were the complimentary items (eg, any free barriers of beer, rebates if not using their cards etc etc).

candy

Hi all Conrad BTB, to clarify, if we don't take the cards they offer, they refund us $1 a pc ? Is that right ?

cleo

Hi Sue,
Thanks for answering..so it means that Conrad will only contact BTB abt 3 months prior to the wedding date for collection of card to spend for printing.

So any ideas how much will the printing cost of each card and any associated costing?

Hope to hear from u soon!

kismet

Hi Everyone..

I think it's good to collect your cards as soon as you're quite sure about your guest list - the earlier the better. We shopped for our cards, and then realised they don't have enough pieces for some designs that we like, and will have to wait for them to import. Too late! Anyway, we ended up with 2 different card designs since we like both equally much..
happy.gif

Printing(heat embossed ie. pop-up words) cost me about $180 for 220 cards.. something like that.. We printed directly onto the one-sided cards. We had one version for invites to solemnisation AND dinner, and another version for just dinner alone - the cost includes 2 moulds for the different wordings.

Hi Sue,

Definitely wouldn't mind sharing my pix.. but I don't have a scanner at the moment... :p

Hi Cleo,

Just stick to inviting close friends and relatives, and you would at least break-even I'm sure..
happy.gif
We were surprised, cos we actually "made"... :p

faith

Hi all

I've asked Wei Nam to send me the samples of their cards, basically only 2 types, 1 red and 1 ivory colour. It looks quite simple lor...but dun forget the printing costs is not F.O.C., if we source for our own cards, we've to pay more...unless you had the budget. I think the printing cost per pc shouldn't exceed $1 but it's not the hot stamping type. I'm reluctant to spend on cards, so will most probably use Conrad cards, moreover the envelop has Conrad's logo on, more clear on the venue, those blur blur relatives won't go else where.
happy.gif

Hi Sue

Ya, when my pics are really, I'll post them on the web to show you gals....that will probably be around Oct'02 already....pretty long way.

faith

Hi kismet

U have 'made', meaning yr parents' ang pow were returned to you as well right ? If not, those tables that we paid for brides' parents can never recuperate.

cleo

Hi Kismet,
I hope so....my parents asking for 10 tables and my father offered to pay for 5 tables so tat means i am prepared to lose tat 5 tables' worth of $$$...but touch wood....lah..

If got "mad" like lucky u, then I return to parents whatever we make loh....

Anyway, my parents not taking back their ang pow.

I will stick to using Conrad's card as too lazy to source for cards and their card ok with me and hubby as we received them b4 and seems presentable and classy to us and we really don't want to spend more than we budgeted for the cards which is ard $300 for printing costs...i'm having 25 tables so 80% of 300 will be 240 cards to print not forgetting stamps(22cents each x 240=$52.80)....very broke!!!

faith

Hi Cleo

Conrad gave u 80% of cards, why they just tell me 70% ? I guess must ask them for more, just in case. Ya hor, I forgotten about the stamps' cost ! Which means I may have to prepare $200 for printing & stamps. My parents won't be giving the ang pow back to us...so definitely will make a loss, just hope to make lesser loss only.

cleo

Hi faith,
I told Debby I wanted 80% instead of 70% prior to signing of the contract with her last August...and if u 1 more, better tell her earlier or else can't get...

btw, the hard liquor left 1 bottle only and my FIL wanted to keep for own drinking so no long liao.....sorry...

sue

Hi Cleo,
I think if u r using the Conrad invites, printing should be quite cheap because u r only printing the inserts. U can also cut some costs by delivering the cards personally. I intend to hand deliver most of my cards because we're only inviting relatives and close friends. U can go to the thread under wedding cards...there are some recommendations for printers.

cleo

Yo Sue,
Ah hor...4got that almost 1/2 of the cards will be delivered by my parent and PIL so at least save $20+ on stamps....may sound cheap-ko...but wedding this needs $ that need $...quite headache.....hope to get it done and over with...

Thanks 4 ur "enlightenment"!

flo

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I'm also a 2003 bride and my banquet will be in August next year. I'm seriously considering Conrad. And because its going to be on a weekday, and each table is $1048, does it mean I'm going to have to cover a huge amount of loss? I don't know how to drive so can anyone tell me if driving to Conrad is tricky (any instructions on invitation card?). How about public transport? (Sorry if I sounded daft!)

faith

Hi cleo

I guess there're still alot of things I need to neg. with Debby though contract is already signed but believe can be discussed lor..if she is flexible??? Wanted to ask for 2 more day use rooms also.

OIC, is ok about the hard liquor, then I shall source elsewhere.

Like Sue, I'll be delivering most of the cards myself. I didn't invite alot of ppl., immediate relatives and close friends/colleagues only...mostly can be send by hand.

Hi Flo

WOW! 2003 weekday's package is so expensive !!!! I thought weekday package is below $1k for year 2002, increase so much !!! Usually, having banquet in hotels, there is high possibility of having a loss, u have to be prepared for it. For yr info., my hubby & I had done a pessimistic calculation, based on recipt of $60/person, and my parents won't be returning us the ang pow, on this presume situation, I'll lose $11k. But of course we know that it wouldn't be as bad, cos there will sure be friends & collegues who knows the market rate and give more ang pow, thus will lose lesser than $11k....nevertheless, we still make sure that we can save enough for this amt before we confirm Conrad. I'm giving my parents 7 tables, which already $7,126...hoping won't lose more than 10k.

Conrad will provide a map together for the invitation cards, so no worry. Guests can take free bus service B to Carrefour and cross opp. to Conrad hotel. There is also a bus stop in front of Suntec Exhibition & Convention Centre....dunno what bus nos.??? Or...just take MRT to Cityhall, take the underpass - Citilink to Suntec, cross road over to Conrad. Conrad is very easy to locate if you know where the Suntec Open Air Water fountain is (roundabout).

flo

Hi Faith, I'm sorry for the misquote. I've just spoken to WeiNam from Conrad and she said its about $948 nett per table for a minimum of 20 tables during weekdays. I'm only concerned about the attendance rate. The thing with my wedding is we have one in East Malaysia (Sibu) and one here in Singapore. The one in Sibu will be paid by his parents and the one in Singapore will be paid by mine. We've offered my parents to top up on any losses made so I needed an estimation of the amount of loss.

So you think the weekend menu and the weekday menu will differ a lot? I've heard so many positive comments on their decorations and ambience and because their food is above average, that's why I wanted to book them. But they sent me a photo of their ballroom via email and I wasn't too impressed. Maybe their decorations have changed now?

btw, thanx for the directions Faith!

sue

Hi Flo, I'm just like you, will be having a wedding in M'sia & another one in S'pore. In fact, we din really think much abt the profit/loss because I like Conrad after visiting it so just decide to book it. Of course, we hope we can break-even!

I have the weekend & weekday menu for yr 2003...Can email to you if you want. It's better for you to visit the hotel personally to look at the ballroom & suite. I went down to look at the ballroom prior a wedding to see how it's really like then u can tell if you like the place. You've got to be comfortable & happy with it!

cleo

Hi faith,
Thanks for being understanding abt the liquor!

Debby is "reasonably flexible within her authority" and practical in her advice to all brides-2-be and as for 2 more days of rooms...well...u will have to provide good reason for that, i believe as well as maybe have to give up some of the freebies in the contract....u can chk with her over the phone!

Hope this helps!

Hi Flo,
Just to add on Sue and Faith's postings earlier, u MUST go down with hubby to grab the feel of Conrad 1st b4 even deciding to shortlist the hotel as u must feel comfortable abt the hotel, the staff servicing u, the ambience and etc...let's me share w u one of my experience at Regent Hotel during my "racky'g" days...it also a 5-star hotel but the moment u step in, the smell of the hotel lobby...oh my god...smells like a karaoke lounge...smoky smell...yuck..

Conrad is so far the only hotel that me and hubby feels comfortable with and the least no. of complaints my hubby have(he very "cat"!!hahah) so make an appt with Debby and take a look when's she got any wedding that evening so u will noe if the x-factor is enough for u to sign or even to consider....price-wise, $948 is reasonable for weekday for Conrad BUT u may lose in view that it is a weekday and attendance may be low so got to be careful....hope this is helpful