Concealer? Good recommendation, anyone?

serene

hi there!

i am looking for a good concealer to cover up the occasional outbreaks! any good recommendation?

catz

Try Prescriptives - they do good concealer. And for undereye bags, the Yves St Laurent 'Lightening Touch' is unbeatable, pricey though!
happy.gif

ada

hi,

i have the YSL lightening touch and it does not conceal dark rings, maybe eyebags only. more for radiance
happy.gif

catz

Hi ada,
YSL lightening touch works very well for me leh.. I've tried other concealers but all are too heavy for the under-eye area. If you use such heavy creams near the eye area, you risk getting bigger eyebags and wrinkles from the rubbing!
But I do like Prescriptives' magic range too.

serene

hey ladies, thanks for the quick feedback!

since so far, it's either Prescriptives of Origins, it's a tie! anyone with price feedback?

FYI, i am not looking for undereye area but more for pimples etc.. it can look terrible when you have an impt function to attend...

and unfortunately, i am super prone to spots!!

kiroro

Hi gals,

for pimples, i find that shu umera is effective. remember to dot and tap the concealer in, not rubbing it in. For undereye rings, shu umera and clinique might be a little too thick and lines and line cracks are more visible since it looks a little drying and patchy.

kpo

i like PN (shiseido) concealer.

for pimples that look very red...u might want to use a color neutraliser (green color) to reduce the redness first than apply concealer over...more effective!

kpo

just to add...sometimes, for pimples..i'll just apply tinted clearasil over the pimple and then put foundation...covers and dries pimples...one stone kill 2 birds!
lame.gif

happie

Christian Dior has this concealer especially for the eye areas, it's texture its nice and creamy and melts into the skin well, can try. One tube cost about $34 .

H

heavy duty

If you are really interested in a heavy duty concealer, which also works as a camouflage cream (able to conceal even birthmarks flawlessly), try the camouflage cream from Cosmoprof.

I know they used to have a branch at Paradiz Centre but I'm not sure now. Try checking up the yellow pages.

hwey

I use Chanel. I think also around $34. Not sure if it is good - so far ok for me, and first time using cosmetics. So donno how to compare

P

p

I recommend Christian dior anti-fatigue concealer for dark rings. This is good for the eye areas.
It is their star product.

Chanel concealer is good too, light textured.

Tried covermark and it is too thick and patchy, and if you do not have skilful fingers , forget about this product.

MAC is not as thick as covermark, but thicker than CD, Chanel, Shiseido. It feels oiler than the others but good coverage.

tigerlily

I like the MAC one.

If you have sensitive skin, you can use concealers that works like pimple cream to prevent breakouts & at the same time treats existing ones. i used covergirl sensitive skin concealer last time but since they've gone not sure which brand carries them.

lyd

I have two. Ayura one and Maybelline True Illusion concealer. I dot one drop frm each and blend them together to give me the perfect flawless finish.

tigger

I use Maybelline Coverstick. Then dust it with powder. I read from this beauty magazine that instead of using a shade lighter than your skin tone, you should use a shade darker. Using a shade lighter will result in a greyish color around your eyes. I have not tried it myself though.

ella

My favourite is Bobbi Brown Blemish Cover Stick. Great colour match and texture.

Right now I'm using a mixture of MAC liquid concealer and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and mixing the two. Otherwise the Laura Mercier is too dry.

astafas

My gf is using Cle de peau concealer in ivory. It's good and they can blend very well too. Lotsa raves from her. Cost a bomb but worthwhile. :p

yen

Hi,

Just bought Becca, has only one outlet at Bugis Junction departmental store and a counter at Wisma SASA. Cost $50 and it's in a small compact form. They have several shades to suit your skin tone. I find it very lasting for the whole day and feedback from colleague that it blends quite well with my complexion.

Give it a try!

kat_tan

Heard gd reviews on the MAC concealer.

Any idea if it is able to last through at least 3/4 of the day without getting cakey or creating fine lines?

garfield33

Hi!
The Christian Dior eye concealer sounnds gd.

But just curious, is it gd to apply concealer at eye area? Will it dry up the area?

And wat does the CD eye concealer helps in yr eye bags/dark circles besides concealing? Does it double up as an eye cream too?

quirky

i use the CD anti-fatigue one too (just listen to the name!
happy.gif
i still see black eyebags when i look in mirror, but my girlfrens all rushed out to buy it after they saw me use it.

garfield, i personally feel its not good for the skin to apply any type of makeup. but bo pian, its our magic
happy.gif
always apply eye cream/gel 1st before putting concealer to avoid dragging the delicate skin & drying. and no no, makeup cannot double-up as beauty cream.

garfield33

ic.. thanks!

hmm... I'm currently using the Estee Lauder eye cream (brown bottle one)... but thinking if there's any other gd eye creams on the mrkt..

anyone know if Cream De Lamer is better or La Prairie?

little_devil

Dear All,

hee....... when talk about concealer, i am very excited as usual as i am using mine for years and everyone around me are using it ever since they know about it...... its brand is Kesalan Patheran (KP in short) and its call covering foundation as they have another type which is the pencil type, not too good!!!!!! the one i am using is a lipstick form and it comes with 4 colours go by no. 1,2,3 &4. no. 1 is pure white and its being use to do hightlighting. me using no. 2. if i dun rem wrongly, it cost about S$42 and the only counter is in seiyu. i always buy 2 at one go as its always out of stock, especially no. 2 and when its out, got to wait real long for it to arrive from japan. tat time there once i waited for 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tik the texture is great, creamy enough to spread and once its on, and done with loose powder, it will stay put thru out the day and it will not be cakey!!!!!!!!!!! its great!!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif

blunt

I 2nd I-nuovi concealer!!!
It's abit creamy but not cakey & thick and covers well. It's packaging is a round case, about the size of those eye shadow casing. Bought fm Sasha $22.

ordinary75

HI,

May i ask when u use concealer, do you apply it after your liquid foundation or after?

for me, I apply it after my liquid foundation. But once I dab loose powder on my face, the conclear lightens and doesnt cover so well again.

Any idea how I should do it correctly? I am using biotherm concealer. Not very gd

yunn

Hi may

U r rite. Use after liquid foundation. Wat u can do is after applying concealer, sure u hv2 dab some loose powder rite, then u don dab so heavy, just simply touch up on the concealer, don use brush, it'll brush away ur concealer. Hope i can help u! Take care!

shoezz

I am also v prone to pimple outbreak.. and have tried a few types..

now i am using MAC's concealer.. comes in a pot and you put it on your spots with a brush.. i find it v good as it is not too dry (when it's dry, it's very diff to conceal the area properly).. and doesn't pull your skin when you are putting it on.. the colours also suit our Asian skin (the other types which I have tried in the past sometimes are too pinky for our Asian shades)..

dill

hi,
i'm kinda new here but not new in terms of having under eye problem. Just wanna share something here.Been years trying things out but lately, i tried this method and i like the results. First, spread the liquid foundation all over the face, including under the eyes. Then, mix the concealer ( I use Estee Lauder) and the equal amt of liquid foundation to the concealer. Blend lightly on the area affected and puff the loose or dry compact powder. Not only does the colour blend well with the rest of the foundation, it looks kinda natural as well. Hope it helps...
happy.gif

eggstabb

i swear by Maybeline's liquid concealer, n it's oil free too! cons is dat.. when the powder wears off.. the concealer remains :D

pinkylove

Hi all,

Is it advsiable to apply concealer on pimples?

I have a friend who applies concealer as a foundation on her whole face, cos she says it covers well. But is it advisable as well?

Thanks

hippo7457

hi,

i'm using ettusais medicated concealer for zits. offer 2 shades, just apply a litte & dab, it blends well. good for those small pimples with white dots, dries out fast. about $35 a tube, can last for about 12 months for me.

hippo

sweetmichy

I'm using Ysl Multi Action Concealer for covering scars.. really good, contains ginko biloba if i never rem wrongly, helps to lighten dark circles (got to doublecheck).... comes in a lipstick like compact.. so easy application.
Also using Radiant Touch to touch up before and over makeup.. this one is not meant to work as a concealer, it is a highlighter, so i use this on my eyes, sides of nose and around lips (to define your lip shape and prevent ur lipstick from bleeding, beautiful lips in a minute!)
Can also try DiorSnow UV X2 Ultra Whitening Spot Corrector SPF 50. This one is really good, i use this to dab on my scars after moisturiser and before makeup, it really helps to conceal my scars and lighten them. Btw, it is tinted.
Hope it helps :p

snowysoul

Read from NuiYu Magazines,

The best Concealer voted is from Mac, 2nd 1 i cant remember but the 3rd 1 is from Sheseido.

charmed_bebz

i'm using mac concealer. it costs $25 and it comes in a small tube. recommended by a make up artist named Jamie at ck tang. she's quite good cos all the while she knows my skin type. She even told me dat the previous powder tone which i used was too dark for me. mebbe u can consider??

jewelmelody

Hi

For dark eye circle, i use Clinique Airbrush.
For pimples, also Clinique blemish pencil stick (new product comes in 1 shade only)

enigma_gal

hi, i have these really dark eye rings, need something that can cover up really well. is the CD antifatigue one really good?

morning_dew

I went to buy the anti-fatigue concealer from CD. I have to say the texture is nice and it blends well, BUT, it is only good for people with not-so-dark dark circles, cause it wasn't able to cover mine well. Probably will try out Mac, which, according to the above reviews, covers better than CD.

pandaeyes

hi, am also new here. me too have very serious eye rings and dark shades under my eyes. can see e blood vessels under my rings (green in color) cos I'm too fair...

Been disturbed by this since young, nothing to do with not enough sleep, been sleeping like nothing since young and still like that.

Found this on website today, anybody has anyone who have gone through this before I make an appt to see the doc?

http://www.asiamedic.com.sg/aesthetic_skin_laser.html#darkcircles

The latest intense pulsed light (IPL) technology is good for fine lines, particularly around the eyes and mouth, shallow acne scars, age spots, broken blood vessels, and sun damage. IPL is also often used to achieve permanent removal of unwanted hair in underams, legs, forearms, face and body. This procedure can also reduce large pores and dark circles around the eyes and is especially effective in subduing chronic facial redness. It also can be used to treat sun damage and weathered areas on the neck, arms and chest, as well as the back of hands.
The biggest advantage is no downtime (the skin may be a bit pink for a few hours after the treatment). With multiple treatments, it reduces wrinkles and aging through the stimulation of collagen formation which firms up the skin and gives skin a smoother and more radiant appearance.