Colour for kitchen cabinets

wilest

hi hi,

I will like to share my done up kitchen cabinet.
A resale 4rm flat with a before n after look kitchen view.
happy.gif

319895.jpg

cabinet: glossy white veneer and frosted glass panel
table top: keep intact with ceremic tiles (done up by the previous owner)

sjen

Hi Wilest,

To add on to Acer's qn, how much did u pay to do the makeover? Did you change the cabinet door only?

wilest

hi Acer,

the kitchen cabinet that was previosuly done had been removed to replace with a new veneer.. but am unsure what instrument they used to remove the previous veneer. c"j

hi sjen,

the frosted glass panel door were replaced merely, the rest we used back the previous cabinet door with replaced veneer.. sorry dear dun wish to reveal the cost as it's done up by my hubby's friend with a special quotation.. hope not to spoilt the market price. =^-^=

wilest

hi J&C,

your kitchen looks warm and lively
happy.gif

hmm abit side track.. wat model of hook and hob u r using? kam sia you

sjen

Hi Wilest,
Do you mind PM me the rough cost? Reason is my new house came with a brand new kitchen cabinet but the color doesnt blend with the house design. Everyone has been telling me if i were to change the color only, the cost is almost equivalent to replacing the whole set bcos of the effort involved. Just wondering if that is true.

wilest

hi sjen,

me & hubby ever approached an ID from IMM, between a fully done up kitchen cabinet *at 2.5m inclu sink/ nice solid top/ choice of veneer etc* and changing of veneer for the previous layout *at 4.5m* can both reach up to 4k+ with a few hundreds of different merely *coz we are going thru by a 3rd party* hence it may be true abt the sentence made by ya friends/ relatives
happy.gif

hmm.. new kitchen cabinet doesnt match ya design? wat the color of it.. perhaps if u dun mind can show pics here and help to share ideas too
happy.gif

wilest

hi happytea..

wondering have u ever tot of sufficient daylight to the kitchen in the daytime.. (if it is a darker kitchen during the daytime, it may need to switch on lighting, that will then likely to have an increase of electrical bill) but if it doesnt really matter.. by all means go for it.. it looks cool hehe

bluzcorner

i am thinking of black classic kitchen too, i tink is very stylist. but my FH dun like black, he says very moody color. So i guess is juz individual perference.

temjin68

I am also thinking of black but am worry that it will make the kitchen dark...any ladies' kitchen cab. is black in colour> Can share with me your photo?

cecilialim

some changes to my cabinets today... my ID suggested black glossy laminate as what i mentioned earlier... haha! so of cos i agreed... and black solid surface (looks like granite top but its not granite).... so suppose to go well cos she told me my kitchen lightings will bring out the shine in the kitchen, and also becos my kitchen is samll.. open concept as i hacked all the walls... it will not look gloomy...

wilest

hi mag, sorry for the late late reply :|
my hubby's friend co. is doing for co. project basis. He did up our kitchen cabinet merely on colleague term, i'm sorry that i failed to provide the detail. btw how is ya renov gettin along?

iceblue27

Hi J&C

hehe i was wonderg got ppl use red for kitchen?hee finally found 1.

any1 else?btw is it no gd for fengshui?any1 know?

michy_wong

me oso use red cabinets... wif white table top... not sure abt the fengshui part though. just go according to wat i like. :p

the effect not bad... striking mar. i thot of using bright orange or yellow too... then finally decided on red.
happy.gif

iceblue27

hehe im doing tt actly, jus haven confirm wif my id more white color or more red. but aft see his drawings fel red nicer. so 1 2 survey on fengshui part, haha by not gna engag at least for now.see gt expert here anot

swarna

hi gals, me going for red and black kitchen cabinets with black floor tiles...white wall tiles...any comments? not sure if its gonna look real dark...

jeff2009

Once you are finished remodeling the Kitchen, Put some traditional furniture In fact it is one of the most economical way to have a fresh kitchen look. You can start purchase from Spacify and Metroloftfurniture as they have a large range of modern design furnitures within a affordable rates so you will be no worry about budget and also they have used quality wood to make all furniture having complete customer satisfaction guarantee then what you want more and why are you waiting too long just log in to it's website as make changes as per your needs.

Contemporary Kitchen Accessories
Coffee Tables