Colour for kitchen cabinets

musicgal

hi mango,

thks for sending me the pics! ur kitchen looks really good!! outta curiosity, is ur place at sengkang??

M

michell

Hi Mango,

received ur mail, thanks!!

ur kitchen cabinet color very nice, look simple but elegant... can chk with u, wat kind of tops u used for the cabinet? and i saw behind the stove, got 1 aluminium types, wats that actually? very nice leh...

mango

Hi Musicgal,
My place is at Sembawang, and the kitchen is squarish kind - thus looks and is big.

Hi Michell,
My kitchen is Solid Surface. The thing behind stove is Stainless Steel.... done by my designer.

M

michell

hi mango,

oh... u meant the whole piece in grey color is stainless steel... nice man!

ok....thks again 4 sharing! at least can grap some ideas frm here...
happy.gif

mango

Hi Michell, thanks for the compliments! It's my designer's idea - so thanks to his innovation.

He did a customised door for my kitchen too!

Mmm... if anyone wants someone to design woodwork for u, i can recommend

Hi Gin, sent

ringo

Hi! Naddy,

My kitchen looks quite bright during the day time. Basically, natural light plays a large part in the overall picture. You may opt for a bright color cabinet if you think your kitchen looks dark. Don't worry...your color combination sounds great.

naddy

Hi Ringo!

Thanks for your confidence in my colour combo. You're one of the rare ones.

Everybody else has been telling us to change the colour of our kitchen cabinets. *lol*

Anyway, will spend the next 2 weeks diligently sourcing for ideas.

Will be looking forward to receiving your photos (if any).
happy.gif

ringo

Hi! Naddy,

Trust your own instinct and design. Your kitchen might turn out very unique if you are daring enough. Personally, I like black and white so I tried to incorporate both colour into the kitchen. I love my kitchen very much. As for the photo, I will email you in these few days.

B

blur_starz

Hi mango,

currently looking for a contractor for carpentry works for my new home...can share wif me ur pics & contact of ur contractor. thks!
email: [email protected]

naddy

Hi again Ringo!

Does glossy laminate cost more than normal laminate?

I'm glad to know it's not difficult cleaning it.

happy.gif

C

crapster

Hi ringo, mango and ah go go,

can U put ur pix on the web so that all can view?
use the yahoo site.. cure lots of us would like to admire ur house. My house is in sembawang too but kitchen and the rest not very squarish.

odd shaped. all sub contractors complain from cabinet to tile to aircon to plumber to curtian. so funny !!!

all say cannot find any right angle in the house.

xintia2003

T

turq

wat i understand from my carpenter is that glossy is more ex. but of course, nicer also. has a shine to it... not sure if it's easier to clean offstains tho

we picked without realising. carpenter also didn't say anything. now he has to absorb. hahah

xintia2003

hi turq,

gloss is very nice
happy.gif
but need to upkeep , simple cleaning like wiping the top w/ a soft cloth n non-abrasive detergent will

i remb once, i was too bz, in the end. patches of dust rested on the solid top. it becomes very obivous.. ever since , faithful cleaning
happy.gif

vera

Hi mango, ringo and May,

Pls send me your kitchen photos as I am now considering the colours of the cabinets and also whether to use solid surface for the top.

Email : [email protected]

Thanks

pucca

My kitchen top colour will be dark grey and cabinets will be light yellow or very yellow. Can anyone tell me wat colour should I use for my floor tiles.

lester

Hi all

Can't contain my enthusiasm even though my cabinets aren't up yet. They wil be post form and chilly red in color! Will be having top shelvings in glass without any handles and lower similar post form doors. Only one drawer with 2 handles!!! Will post more pics when all is up!

luckystar

Hi Lester,
wow, red! must be "hot"!!
happy.gif
what colour is your solid surface top or postform top?

for postform doors, thought they must have handles?

sandgirl72

Hi Lester
Ours also in bright red and white combination while our solid surface top is white.. It just makes the whole kitchen so bright..

We even bought our kitchen light bulb in red & white to match our color theme..
happy.gif