Christian church venues anyone?

ppanther

I'm looking for a christian church venue, able to house some 300-400 guests comfortably. Chijmes was on my dream list but it appears to only be able to take up to 300 guests.
sad.gif

Any christian churches available that will allow non-members to wed in their church?

We're looking for a church that's accessible, and perhaps somewhere centralized.

Of course with a seating area for luncheon/ reception...

pastor

Some churches rent to non-members PROVIDED that non members are members of mainline churches and the person who does the wedding is a pastor from those mainline churches.

So
a. are both of you baptised members?
b. is your pastor willing to do the wedding?

c Centralised churches? You mean in town? Or in places where you can get a bus/MRT/taxi etc...with ample parking spaces etc.? Prefer Eastern or Western part of Singapore?

Your best chances would be with churches that do not have more than a 1000 members. More members, more people getting married, less chances of that church being open to non members using it for weddings.

ppanther

hi, thanks for the inputs. My hubby to be will be baptised this Sept, whilst I'm baptised years back. As our church is only able to accommodate up to 250pax, he doesn't want to have the guests seated in the carpark under a marque. Thus we're looking for a church which can accommodate all of our 400 guests.

Yes our pastor's volunteered to do the solemnization for us.

Location-wise, I'm hoping to find somewhere in town, accessible by all modes of public transport and with ample parking space, like chijmes or barker road.

Do you have any locations to suggest? My only worry is having to pay a hefty sum of money for rent.
sad.gif

pastor

Can try Living Hope Methodist. New building. Ample parking (there's an HDB multistorey carpark just behind the church as well...and another about 3 mins away)Church has carpark too.
Sanctuary is airconditioned. Probably can take the number you want. Has a beautiful staircase great for wedding photos and an Atrium for reception. (If you love animals, they are welcome in the Atrium area. Must be only church in Singapore that allows pets to be brought there. I know of some people who have their dogs dressed in tuxedos, attend their weddings.....No, it hasnt happened at Living Hope yet...).

Only thing is that the church is in Tampines.
Call 65878813 for their Executive Officer Cat.

Your chances there might be better here than if you tried the bigger (better known) churches and centralised locations.

loveactually

Ppanther- Also, they have a big space outside which can be used for your buffet. You can get your caterer to set up tents. This will be really nice.

loveactually

Ppanther- You can try Church of Singapore (Katong). They allow non-members. The place is spacious- up to 800 plus members. Beautiful aisle.

ppanther

thanks LoveActually! We've went ahead with Chijmes because of its location and our desire for a church with Character. We weren't sure if our guests had cars or were ok with transport, so that was our final pick. Not to mention we needed some place to rest in the meantime, so we picked Swissotel for our hotel. But thanks heaps for the suggestion.

We did look at TCC except it was too far away from the City.
sad.gif
But yes I've seen the decor and the church nicely done up. it's beautiful.

bb_queen

Does anyone know how much will it be to use Church of Singapore?

Ppanther,

May I ask how much you paid to use chijmes?

ppanther

Hi BB_Queen, if you are just renting the hall in Chijmes, it's currently going for SGD8000++ in 2007. And this would not even include any decor or other amenities.

However the cheaper option is to buy the reception/hi-tea/lunch packages they offer, which can cost you around SGD45+++/pax to SGD90+++/pax, depending on which package you select. You will have everything in the hall covered, including decor, flowers, stands, everything...

Hope that helps!
happy.gif

bb_queen

8k???!!!! That outrageous!

Is there a minimum number of pple you need to book for the reception? If it's buffet, we are not allowed to eat in the main hall? I remember a friend having her wedding there. The buffet was held outdoors and all of us were perspiring.

tryphena

Hi BB_Queen,

you can consider using TPMC its central and accessible by all transport jus tat its abit old. May I know whn's ur AD cos tis church will b undergoing renovation bt nt sure whn it will start.

ppanther

hello again BB, yes I nearly fainted when I heard 8 grand for the hall!

I know for the reception buffets there is a 200pax minimum quota to fill. However if you book with the restaurants, I believe you can work around the number of guests you're inviting. However I would imagine that the less guests you have, the more you pay per pax. It usually is the case.

Even if it's a buffet, you can choose to eat within the hall itself. I have requested for several tables to be set up, so they can be seating for the older folks. Of course you can choose to set up outdoor marquees for you and your guests. I believe some of them come with mist fans if I'm not mistaken.

bb_queen

jazol,

What is TPMC? The date is not set yet but I want to know what my options are. Thanks.

PPanther

Thanks for the info.

tryphena

Hi BB_Queen,

Oops, TPMC is Toa Payoh Methodist Church its jus opp HDB Hub. You cn hv ur HM in the sanctuary thereafter reception at the hall downstairs. The church can cater more than 200 pax. We are hvg ours there too. They are opened to non-members.

pssw_31

Hi all, I am also looking for a church to hold my wedding. jazol, can you share how much you paid for booking TPMC for your wedding? I learned that it was quite expensive. Are you doing your own decor and catering? Thanks in advance.

tryphena

hi excitedfaith,

i m a member of TPMC so i m paying member's price. As for the decor and catering we r doing it ourself as the church dont provide this. the price tat we paid for is for 2 locations.

small_one

BB Queen

I used True Way Presbyterian Church. It's near town and conveniently located next to Queenstown MRT. My wedding was held on 18 Nov 06. Pictures would be loaded up, so you can feel free to take a look at the interior.

TWPC can seat about 500 pax and it charges about $1.4k. But you will need to check if the amount would be changed next year.

bb_queen

Ivy

I heard TWPC will only confirm say like 3-6 mths b4 the wedding though you may have paid the deposit. Is that true? Did you visit other churches?

small_one

BB Queen

It is not true.

TWPC's MPC ends some time in March. That's when they will confirm the booking of their church members. Their priority goes to their members first.

My wedding was in November this year. The confirmation for our date was more or less confirmed immediately after the run of their MPC in March, when they confirm that my preferred date was not taken by any of their church members then.

The coordinator will only arrange with you a time to meet with the venue manager for payment of deposit and other briefing, AFTER your confirmation to use the venue.

I did visit TTC during a friend's wedding. But other issues came into mind.

wlchoong

Hi,

Maybe you can look at Trinity Christian Centre @ Paya Leba. the church has just gond thru Phrase 1 of the building. You can actually book a a wedding chapel there and the building comes with a roof top garden where guest can gather for reception or buffet. The place should be available from May onwards.

bb_queen

PPanther,

You have booked Chijmes for your ceremony? May I ask that you email me at [email protected] because I am very keen to confirm CHIJMES too. I have some questions to ask before signing the contract. Thanks.

oceanluv

Hi sisters,

Anyone knows any church for rental around serangoon area?

Can u pls share how much is the usual rental cost?

oink_oink

I am looking for traditonal churches with aisle and beautiful cross. Quite like living hope but rental is $1300! is that the usual rate? any other recommendations?

sleepycat

Hi, I am also looking for a church to hold my ceremony. Looking for recommendations too.

Cynthia, it seems that for non-members, the rental charges are usually abt $1K or more. It also depends on whether things such as use of projectors, manpower for PA system, cleaning etc are included or counted as extra. I had a quote of $2K from 1 church! btw, is Living Hope the one in Tampines?

porkylim

hi does anyone know the rental charges for Trinity Christian Centre @ Paya Lebar? How many pple can the chapel hall hold?

starflowers711

u can try Church of singapore (Bukit timah).its opp bukit timah shopping centre. v pretty stained glass. my fren told me its open for rental on sundays 2 pm. sat they have youth service so not free.

cyc

Hi all! Anyone know of any pastor who would be willing to solemnize baptised Christians? I'm actually a member of a church and my fiance is also attending the same church. However, because my fiance is not a member, the church is unwilling to solemnize us.

Really appreciate some assistance.. tks much!

darkchocs

Thanks starflowers711! But i called up Church of SIngapore (BT) and is told that they don't rent out on Sunday afternoons due to their heavy usage. Thanks anyway!

coffeekohi

Hi

I think Sunday is difficult for most or all Church to rent out, unless you are looking at Chijmes, as Sunday is the Lord's day and the have services, classes etc.

For our church, it is common knowledge that wedding cant be held on Sunday.

Possible to consider other days?

kimmies

hi there.. I'm helping my friend out with her wedding and there is a church ceremony.. I have no idea where to start. Can anyone share their standard template on timings and things to do? You can delete away the confidential details etc.. I just need it to help my friend get the ball rolling.. thanks heaps. My email is [email protected]

jumbosstar42

If you are looking for an old cosy simple church, can try out Queenstown Lutheran Church www.qlc.org.sg They rent out to outside people but not sure mostly on Sats. Not sure about Sundays...maybe evening can. The church has about 20 pews i think and another back section that can cater more people. It has high ceiling and has a stained glass cross in the front. Simple and cosy but not elaborate or fancy.

jumbosstar42

hi Kym, whoa this is a lot of work. The schedule timing is okay. You can do one fresh one yourself on an excel. But u need to be familiar with the order of the service. You need to consult the pastor doing the service on the order so you can also fit into your schedule. Your main bulk of it is according to the order of service.

Some opt for a full holy matrimony, yet some just do the solemnisation. I think it is good to have the full thing including the pastor's message. With that skeleton, u can then work around the timing for the other stuff lik set up, decor, when who comes in, music, etc.

Also, someone needs to get the order of service designed and printed for the guests. u have to do that early cos there will be loads of changes along the way and u need time to print and put it together.

flora77

Hi,
You can try the following churchesL:
Grace Assembly of God at Tanglin but the rental is expensive.
Trinity Methodist Church also nice.
Paya Lebar Methodist Church

grace_se

HI all, i am looking a nice and cosy chapel for my Holy Matrimony. I have only about 60-80 guests. Any suggesstion? Thanks in advance.

catholic

Hi,

I have sign up a package with Rasel for my church wedding in December.

We have decided to do away with our Church wedding cos my IL are not a Catholic or Christian.

I have check with my caterer and they are willing to accept any wedding booking with any prices so long as I can find someone to take over.

Have paid a deposit of $1000. Willing to transfer at $500.00

For sincere buyer buyer only.

I don't check this forum often. Please email me directly [email protected]

sandsand

Ashlene, AMK is undergoing rebuilding soon..

but since i dont know when ur wedding is, u can drop a email (provided in the site given), and i am sure they'll get back to you soon.

teajam

Hi, am looking for a church location for my holy matrimony as my church is too far off west, any suggestions on churches that accept non members aside from Chijmes and Armenian, thank you!

celinepuah

Hie everyone...

anyoe know of church at north side that's open fo non-member to rent? ....

have emailed so many ...and got turned down.... sigh....

my wedding is on 11 Dec 2010...

really need to secure a place... >_<"