Chinese wedding custom

yew

Hi All,

I heard from some where that before the bride and the groom leave the bride's house, the bride's parent will prepare something for the couple to eat and also when reach the groom's place, the groom's parent will also prepare something for the couple to eat.
Do anyone know what should the parents of the groom and the bride should prepare?

lol_lyn

The parents will prepare bowls of "Tang Yuan" for the newly weds.

1090708.gif

yew

Hi,

both side parent prepare the same thing??? Not one side Tang Yuan and one side mee sao and eggs??

lol_lyn

The couple will have Tang Yuan at the groom's place & Mian Sian with eggs when going back to Bride's place for Tea Ceremony.

yew

sorry .... to double confirm ... for the mian sian with eggs is before leaving the bride house to the groom's house or when going back to Bride's place for Tea Ceremony.

Someone said is the other way round.
Quite blur with all this.

kiwawa

Can someone experienced pls advise on this?
Even my mum is also blur...dun know whether to cook tang yuan or mian sian with eggs???...to serve us with the food b4 leaving bride's house or when we come back for tea cermony????

wpj

bride side prepare mian sian with hard boiled egg. And to be served to the bride before leaving to groom place. the egg need to be break when serve.

groom side is to prepare tang Yuan and before leave for bride place..

this was what arranged during my wedding from those older generation.. hope this helps

stardust_yvaine

hi, just like to check. In cases where the groom & bride are off different dialect groups, do we do it the groom's way or the bride's way?

Example, my HTB a teochew while I'm Hokkien. Do my HTB have to come fetch me 5am in the morning according to Teochew custom or can I request that he comes later? Heard from my sis that this should be the bride's decision.

fishoutofwater

hi, if say we need to cook red bean & lotus seeds, of course the couple needs to eat 1st, but how much should my mum cook? enough for relatives only or for everyone present?