CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

cecilialim

ya lor... and a big one... machiam into third trimester of pregnancy... i scared myhb become like him.. no matter he exercise... still will see a bulging tummy... i hate seeing that leh... don't like

pinkbunny

walau skylar you not really connecting with the topic leh! cecilia's FIL's belly and ba chang??!!

oh i love nonya zhang. anyone remembers the one with the blue tip? i ate it as a kid but don't know where they sell now
sad.gif

skylar

Wahahah.... ya man.... now drooling man.. thinking of the ba zhang... ya ya.. the blue one.. izzit Katong Zhang ah? dunno leh..

think maybe go buy ltr... kekeke...

pinkbunny

katong zhang is the one with the upside down signboard at east coast road is it? i checked - it's not blue
sad.gif
eh you stay near there ah?

cecilialim

think the tip is blue to distinguish it as nonya zhang... a lot of places selling now.. along guanyin tang at buhis there now they having dumpling fair... you can see it when walking over to the temple... katong dumpings also not bad...

PB, sama la... the tummy big big look like dumpling...

levynn

cecilia... u mean big big n pointed like dumpling ah... keke...

anyway, my fav also nonya zhang. last time when my grandma was stil ard, we stil got make dumpling during the dragon boat festival. it was a lot of work leh... need to dunno how to soak the rice, dunno wat spice to stir-fry the ingredients... n needless to say, the "wrapping" part... needs a lot of skill...

skylar

I cannot tie for god sake man!! tried before last nite.. wahh.. tie until sibeh swee ah.. then the minute take to steam hor.. all drop out.. basket man!!

pinkbunny

haha whose tip is big big???!!!

yeah making dumplings is a lot of work. before my ah ma had alzheimer's, she also used to make.

anyhow. buy from shop only $1 plus right?
happy.gif
cecilia, BUHIS got bazhang fair, si bo? ok i go check it out, sista!

skylar

Pink.. izzit?? got ba zhang fair? kekeke..

now its close to $2 lah.. where got $1 one.. u sell ah?? keekekekke.. wait hor.. closer to the ba zhang festival.. lagi gui ah!

cecilialim

bugis la.. hehe... near the guanying temple hor.. don't go wrong side... the laughing buddha statue there... beside the hawker centre... also got a stall selling katong ba zhang...

skylar.. the normal ones $1.50... those no names one cheaper lor... but hor.. that day i buy th katong one, not very noce leh... i still feel my auntie makes the best ba zhang...

pinkbunny

zao an ni men hao!

haha the image of skylar tying the bazhang and everything falling out is hilarious!
kao_laugh.gif

last night my ah lao so nice, massage my neck and back, then put heat pack on me and i slept so well and this morning TA DA! no more stiff neck! now can swing my head both sides liao! keke

ckw1011

pink, ur ah lao so sweet, envy ...
i prefer the bazhang to nonya zhang, those with salted egg yolk inside type. my MIL and her sis baoing tis Sat, she told mi & my ah lao 'u all juz sit sit & wait to eat our nice nice zhang lah'. but she's down wif flu yesterday =( so dunno whether the baozhang project still on bor?

i feel outside sell the zhang like dun taste so nice as last time so i stop buying 4 a while already. btw, if u gals 1 2 try "luxurious" zhang, crystal jade got some abalone zhang that costs i think abt $8 each.

cecilialim

lina, i ate the eight treasure zhang before... got scallops crabmeat and some stuff la... ah lao buy for me to eat.. bu not nice one.. a bit saltish... i also like those with salted egg yolks, chestnuts, black mushrooms and lean meat.. yummy!

ckw1011

cecilia
ya, the 8 treasure zhang, i forgot the name =) never try b4 myself cos it's so damn ex, but the picture looks very nice. i like zhang a bit saltish actually, these days the zhang like all very blend, not nice.

u & mi like the same type of zhang, yummy!

pinkbunny

wah bak zhang also can be so high class one! i like the normal nonya zhang with THE BLUE TIP!!! keke. i love bak zhang
happy.gif
but my friends last time so mean. say i eat so many bak zhang until my face look like one. basket.

yes ah lao is sweet hor?
happy.gif
he laughed at me cos my neck pain, then it caused back pain, then i went for thyphoid and flu injections so arms sng sng... he said i was a wreck! haha

skylar

Lina...
u baoing ba zhang!! when gg to bring some to my hse ah!! kekeke.. I like ba zhang more coz can eat the gao luk!! kekeke... & the ba also in bigger pieces lor.. dun really like nonya zhang lah.. whahah... yesterday try the teochew zhang.. lagi jialatz man! yucks!! too much beans liao..

i know compasspoint cold storage got 1 sell ba zhang store.. very nice.. just bought 4 last nite.. they selling at $1.60 now.. kekeke..

Wahh abalone zhang?? hmm...

cecilialim

ya.. but that eight treasures one real saltish! but worth a try la...

PB, got bird nest one also hor.. don't play play... haha! your ah lao also joker...

cecilialim

skylar i also love gao luk! my aunty will put in two or more if she do the ba zhang for me... nowadays petrol kiosks also selling lor..

pinkbunny

wah i learn so many things about bakzhang today! haha. walau must go buy some tonight. you think carefour got sell? should be la hor? they sell everything

ckw1011

skylar
u nvr read my post properly, my MIL bao lah, not mi. i only noe how 2 eat, haha. u siao charbor, by the time i go 2 ur hse, the bazhang all mouldy liao. u 1 2 eat, cum to my hse lah. the $1.60 zhang got salted egg yolk 1 or not?

pink, i think hv lah. but tis kind supermart sell 1 dunno nice or not, me quite skeptical. nvr mind, u try then cum back & tell us.

skylar

PB,
yes they do sell lah.. which carrefour u gg?? think only Suntec one sell leh.. PS one I nv see before leh..

Lina..
u think u uncle LKY daughter si bor? $1.60 want salted egg? Abalone, scallops ai mai? whahha...
no hv lah.. salted egg one is $2 i think..

the one at compasspt one is not selling in Cold Storage one.. it is a shop that sells only ba zhang when u step out of the Cold Storage lor..

wahh.. got abalone one ah? where ah? think can buy 1 to siao jin my ah bu ah.. whahah... think now Taka Sq there hor. sure got those ba zhang fair one... whahah..

ckw1011

no lah skylar, i only think i LKY grand daughter nia =) the abalone zhang is sold at crystal jade, 8 treasures zhang.

pinkbunny

wah biang. so many bak zhang experts here! i going PS, maybe i just check it out and see la. if got i buy. no got then don't buy la, correct or corrwrong?

anyhow, i think it was here that we were talking about 'san dan' is it? i saw san dan porridge the other day at raffles city food court. it looked quite scary! but in case anyone is interested.

skylar

Lina..
u wish ah!!! so ur 8 Treasure zhang nice bor? if yes then i go buy ltr.. kekeke.. if not nice u better tell me ah!!

PB,
ya lor.. see lor.. u can buy to try if u like...

ckw1011

i neber try b4, cos think it's too ex. $8+ for one, cecilia ate it b4 and said it's a bit saltish. if u're getting it for ur ah bu, juz buy 1 & try lor

ckw1011

good idea pink, 我们你一å£ï¼Œ 我一å£ï¼Œç›¸äº²ç›¸çˆ±. steady poon pi pi, on lah =)

cecilialim

whahahahahahah, you all sibeh bo leow leh! haha!

katong also got sell the 8 treasures ba zhang.. but i think only during dumpling festival then have or other big chinese occassions.... not bad la... but the taste is very 'heavy'... cos of all the seafood and dunno what smell

hakida

Nonya Zhang is the white colour one is it??

Skylar,

next year,u create one with LIU NIAN lor.....See the seafood one more popular or the LIU NIAN one more popular...

hakida

aqua,

Finally got chance to say <font color="0000ff">gong xi ni...</font>

Yah lah,it's durian....But ,i will be the first one to run away from skylar...

skylar

Aquaa.. eekekek.. me too..

my ah lao &amp; I crazy over gao luk one! whahaha..

Hakida..
liew lian?? pls lor.. abit er xin leh.. saltish cum sweet? pengz.. whha.a.a..a imagine ba zhang inside got otah? whahaha.. ki siao liao..

btw CAB strike liao hor.. so good!! kekeke.

cecilialim

hayashi, already got durian one.... its not new...

aqua me too.. when i go m'sia i always buy.. there' one brand which always very sweet... genting also sell that brand... i forgot the name... aqua really?? so fast? you were just trying now confirm liao ah?

cecilialim

skylar... got otah ba zhang lor... you all never see before ah? petrol kiosk also selling... bot ba gua ba zhang also...

hakida

skylar,

i know CAB strike liao lah.....the first trimster should be over soon....

cecillia,

really got LIU NIAN one??

cecilialim

got lor! selling at the ba zahng fair at bugis there.... but i won't buy la... don't know whether will turn bad after steaming... i also don't know how they do it...

ckw1011

1st time heard of durian and otah bazhang. think the taste a bit weird right? i'm a conventional bazhang eater, the bazhang type must b saltish enuf, if want sweet taste, then i'll eat nonya zhang.

cecilialim

otah one still ok.. durian i never try.. i eat the ba gua one before also... sweet like nonya zhang.. except got BBQ flavour lor...

skylar

Ya lor.. Cecilia.. SURE bor?? Got liew lian &amp; otah ba zhang!?!?!?!?!!? That I really neber hear before lor...

got ba hu ba zhang bor? whaha.. pork floss ba zhang! Yucks!!