CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

pinkbunny

walau eh... peeper sick still kena suan! it was quite horrible cos at first he got stomach flu (we almost didn't make it for honeymoon) then we tried to stick with 'clean' food, like hotel and restaurant, then i kena food poisoning. not sure why but i'm guessing it's hygiene prob la. we bought bottled water but sometimes we forgot to watch out for the ice vendors used

anyhow, i see you all have been slacking in terms of recipe sharing.

ckw1011

so jialat PB, hope u & ur ah lao ok liao.
not we slack lah, it juz the main contributor, that's u THE recipe MAMA not ard, tt's y no new recipe, hehe. nvr mind, u can make the thread ALIVE again =)

skylar

kekeke.. GO MAMA GO ...GO MAMA GO....

so now u 2 got better bor??

Calling for KA ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

pinkbunny

PB eat at restaurant ok! cos ah lao got stomach flu then we thought ok better eat at restaurant, then PB kena food poisoning. KNS

ok recipe mama is back with a vengence: HA CHEONG GAI!!!!

marinate chicken wings with sesame oil, pepper, and shrimp paste for 2 hours in fridge, turning occasionally. can also add a bit of chilli powder if you want it spice-ay. then coat with flour and fry in your simply her deep fryer.

ckw1011

recipe mama, wat brand shrimp paste beta? some paste taste quite yucks. & no nid to rub the chk wings wif salt?

pinkbunny

lina - sorry leh i don't know what brand is good. i anyhow buy one keke. it usually smells bad but when cooked, it's ok. i've never rubbed the chicken with salt leh. but if you want, just sprinkle a bit of salt when you marinate

skylar

Cecilia...

KA(fat) lor... she say she wanna buy the Deep fryer from my frd mah.. then i hold on for her until so long liao... she no news leh... then i kena left rite centre from my frd ah.. aiyoh..

how how?? KA, u ard??

Ha Cheong Kai!! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

levynn

cecilia... u wan skylar to have a permenant da bor voice ah... hahaha.. think will give her ah lao nightmare...

pinkbunny

yoo hoo. goooood morning!

we got office party today cos bosses all not around so i made apple crumble. you girls want the recipe? (must live up to my name...). but you need an OVEN ok? real oven. not toaster oven.

ingredients
3 apples (medium sized), skinned and cut into small pieces
flour (about 8 tablespoons)
butter (about 1/5 block)
brown sugar (2 tablespoons)
cinnamon powder (2 teaspoons)
water / apple juice (5-6 tablespoons)

mix flour and butter together. rub till like breadcrumbs. then stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar.

in pot over low fire, stir apples, cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon brown sugar together. add in apple juice/water slowly.

when apples are soft, remove from heat and put on baking plate. cover with flour/butter/brown sugar combo and bake at 180 degrees C for about 15-20 mins.

cecilialim

wa lao PB you realy can cook hor? got talent or you have interest? i can never be like that you know? remember i wanted to make something for the move in ceremony to my house? in the end i only cooked rice hahah! then bot roast duck, roast pork and char siew... bot soup also.. and my MIL stir fry one vege dish at her house and bring over whahaha!!!

levynn... se also never watch what she eat ma...

skylar

Hi Jioniel,
Thxs for the info!

I PM her but she always say she nv get it leh..
*scratch head*

Cecilia..
siao ah u? i take so many fryers for wat??

like wat Levynn said lah.. wait my voice permanently coarse how?? ekeke... last night went karaoke with my ah lao... he sing the female & i the male.. whahha...........

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">KA.... Where are u le?? Deep Fryer still waiting for u leh...</font></font>

pinkbunny

cecilia, i got the interest la. recipe just copy or learn from friends, then when more confident can start experimenting la.

skylar

Recipe Mama...

how??? any more new recipes? how about some cooling deserts to cool off the weather.. keke..

this morning caught my mom doing those "kong ba" kinda thingy in the kitchen.. the smell woke me up.. kkkeeekekke.. but I dun take those streaky pork leh.. but very happy to see many many mushrooms which I loveeeeeeeeeeee.....

took a snap this morning to share... kekeke...
376145.jpg

pinkbunny

haha skylar, so funny the way you say you 'caught' your mama cooking this. like she was doing it in secret or something. can ask her how to cook this? i also don't like sam zhang bak, but i'll replace with lean meat.

also, you were checking with her about her happening curry chicken recipe right? don't think we've forgotten hor!

pinkbunny

want tom yum soup recipe? serves 4-6 people

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
12 mushrooms, halved
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
4 cups water
2 lemon grass (tekka market or bigger supermarkets will have)
4 kaffir lime leaves (tekka market or bigger supermarkets will have)
4 slices galangal (tekka market or bigger supermarkets will have)
4 chile padi
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 1/2 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon hot chile paste or red curry paste
1 tablespoon tom yum soup paste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Trim lemongrass and cut into matchstick size pieces.
To make stock: Add the shrimp heads and shells to water, then cook for 20 minutes. Turn the fire off. Soak the heads and shells for further 20 minutes before discarding.
Trim lemongrass and cut into matchstick size pieces.
Add stock, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, chili padi, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and chili paste to a pot and bring to a boil. After boiling for 5 minutes, add shrimps and both mushrooms. Cook for further 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.

skylar

hohoho....
ya hor.. kekeke.. PB... i really forgot leh.. whahah.. okok.. tonite i go ask her ya!

Wahh.. ur tom yam making me hungry man! kekeke....

levynn

ya... me also wan to try cooking curry... but scared whole house will smell... kitchen very small leh...

skylar

Levynn...
won't de lah.. whole hse won't smell one..kkeke..

PB,
gelatin is something like those agar agar rite? but softer kind lor.. kekek..
u wanna make for us to eat ah? kekek...

fat

Aiyoh....Pai sey...Pai sey........please forgive me, Skylar. Thousand &amp; One APOLOGISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been sick &amp; busy lately....

I still want my deep fryer....This Friday can? I go Raffles Place to collect from you.....

Sorry gals....I MIA so long.......
376323.gif

ckw1011

PB, ur recipes happening man =) ur hubby is one lucky man

yo skylar, "cooling" dessert:

just mix green bean, sago, sweet potato,
add rock sugar (see hw sweet u want lah),
boil till the sweet potato and green beans become soft, then voila, u hv very nice sweet dessert liao. eat it cold &amp; it's sedap!

ps, the sago boil separately, become transparent clr means can already

fat

Skylar- still angry w me ah? No reply wan? sayang...sayang you ok.....
so how? Btw you still can meet me tomorrow @ Raffles Place anot? Let me know ya!

skylar

Wahh.. Lina.. okok..
me actually wanna cook those beancurd skin, barley that one leh.. ba gou yi mai shui ah.. keke..

KA, not angry lah..just tat i dunno if u still want bor leh.. keke.. i nv see this thread.. paiseh.. ah.. tmr me ok.. wat time u wanna meet ah? &amp; where? let me know ok.. it would be good if can be ard lunch time lah..

PB,
oops, i forgot the curry recipe again.. keke.. will ask ltr ya...coz me too into my ah bu prawn last nite... take pix.. ekeke.. dunno when i can learn half of wat she have ah.. haiz...
376548.jpg

fat

WOW Skylar...your Ah Bu's prawns looks very yummy man! Making me hungry now.....

Normally wat time is your lunch? Which bldg are you at? Me anytime also can

joniel

hi skylar

u always post ur ah-bu dishes but never post recipe leh..

anyway ur ah-bu dishes really reminds me of my ah-bu's cooking too...but i really regret not learning as she is in heaven now...sob sob...

post more pictures and more recipes ok...

/joniel

ckw1011

skylar
u buy the beancurd skin, muz tell the seller it's 4 dessert type, the hard hard type nt so nice. add egg, then can liao. v tedious job doing the bai guo (the pre-packed ones nt so nice lor), have fun.

fat

Skylar - so how hah? Now coming to noon liao...if you need me to go during lunch time than I wont reach there on time oredi...coz now me still at home &amp; havent pong pong yet leh.....

skylar

KA...
u nv rec'd my PM meh?? Aiyoh.. i PM u my hp no liao leh.. u nv rec'd ah? wat is ur email?? or u send ur hp to my email [email protected]

me at UIC bldg, just opp DBS main office.. so wat time can u reach.. u just let me know lor..

skylar

Kekeke.. Joniel.. coz hor.. i will wait for my ah bu to tell me one. if wait i ask ah.. she will ask me to cook for her.. then liao lor.. keke.. coz i know nuts about cooking .. kekek...

The prawn recipe is

1. Take out the sai of the prawn.
2. Stir fry minced garlic &amp; ginger.
3. Then add prawns, stir fry. for my ah bu she like to add "gao ki" (the herbal red thingy)
4. Add Oyster sauce &amp; hua tiao jio

Done!!

PB,
The curry recipe I asked last nite..
My ah bu one more leh chey leh.. coz she nv buy those chilli paste mix leh.. she pound the ingredients herself one.. so here goes

1. Pound Buo ka lak, chang mao, lam kiu (blue ginger)
2. Grind red chilli &amp; chilli padi into paste, add salt.
3. Fried the red chilli &amp; chilli padi paste, must add quite a bit of oil here.
4. Add the Buo ka lak, chang mao &amp; lam kiu, cont'd stiring nonstop.
5. Add chicken parts, cont'd stiring, then add coconut milk or carnation milk (up to you)
6. Cont'd stiring then add potatoes.. etc... slowly the fire, cover &amp; let it cook..

skylar

KA,

did u just email me? under the name Thomas? tian ah... kekee... me actually anytime one.. if ur here in uic then let me know.. i can bring down to u also...

i just email u my hp ... can u reply or text me back.. so that i can have ur no too?

skylar

KA,
ya i just reply too.. kekeke.. cya ltr then

Levynn..
hmm... i dunno how to explain leh.. it is light yellowish in color one.. comes in 1 balla in shape one..

skylar

Aqua..

my ah bu just call me.. she cook Curry today! kekeke.. then she ask me to inform u that she will set aside some for u.. hwhaha.. was just telling her the other day that u like to eat Curry so tell her to cook next time cook for can pass to u..

so ltr u see u home ard wat time then let me know what time to pass the Curry to u ya?

aquarius_888

Hey skylar thanks so much! Pls help me thank your ah bu! I am going to buy french loaf later! Will be back by 8pm...what time you will be home?
happy.gif

Actually I seldom in this thread but I saw my nick when I do the 12 hours search so come in here and take a look.
happy.gif

aquarius_888

So envy you have home cooked food so often...I think I have to go home more frequently. Maybe tell my mum this sunday I going back for dinner.
happy.gif

skylar

Aqua.. kekee..

no worries lah.. I also reach home ard that time.. so if 8+ pass to u ok? u gif me a call/sms when ur home ya.. keke...

quick go buy french loaf.. btw.. ur hse how many pple eating ah? u &amp; TWC only or wat?

skylar

Whahaa.. Aqua..
kekee.. too bad.. the honour is only done in u &amp; TWC face.. whaha.. ok..

will let u know ltr ya..

levynn

skylar... me still dunno wat is that thingy leh... got photo?? haha. anyway, wat is it used for? is it necessary in the curry??

skylar

levynn..
eh.. duno how to tell u leh.. just now met KA, told her about the Buo ka lak, she also know wat is it leh.. but she also forgot the english name for it.. ekee...

let u know when i go check it out..

KA,
nice mtg you!! the prawn recipe is on top.. keke..

hakida

skylar,

i saw the prawns made me LAO CHUI LUA leh....Quite eazy to cook hor

wad beancurd sheet?U all want to cook FU ZHU TAND SHUI ??