Chin Leng or other moderators, please take note

concerned

hi chin leng..

Thoroughly disappointed with the people here..the way they bad mouth AA or whatever..As a moderator..i hope to know your stands on this...before these forum turn into a mini cat- fights arena..and how on earth do they found out her name?? if its her real name, then i think people in this forum should refrain from this..From my point of view i can see there is 'people' on your side that reveals the identity of AA or the people in the bridal biz...(well its just my doubts)..

As a guide, i think you should immediately removed those uncontructive threads such as name callings..well i have enough..i guess you know what you should do..i leave it to u..

V

very curious

hi chin leng, there is this person 38 who claims that a few nicks are actually the same person AA. i wonder on what basis did she/he make that statement. perhaps you can find out who this 38 is and do what you deem fit on her/his actions and worse still if she is maligning other people.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Concerned,

Don't worry, I'm still around.
lol.gif
It is just that recently I've added responsibilities to attend to. Everything would be back to normal once I've adjusted to my new role.

The thread has been removed as suggested. Discussions like these are not encouraged. As I've stated many times before, the forum welcomes all wedding couples to share their genuine experience, opinions or post queries about wedding preparation.

As the forum is a place where people intereacts, I would like to remind everyone that when writing messages, please show the same courtesy as you would when speaking face-to-face with someone. It's fine to disagree strongly but it should always be done with respect.

I'm also not aware of how the name was established. Even though I managed the forum but I do not have the ability to identify the true identity of a user. There also isn't any other 'people' in the company that can reveal the identity of a user. I hope that clears your doubts.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

S

sb user

chinleng,
u have added responsibility...
i guess u've just become a father?? congrats!
proud.gif

based on nothing, mere wild guesses... haha.

jowie

CL...congrats to u
happy.gif

miss u last nite at chatroom leh!! me wait and wait hope to congrats u but u no show!!
lol.gif

fishball

hi Chin Leng,
congrats for being the proud father of baby <FONT COLOR="0000ff">boy</FONT> or <FONT COLOR="ff0000">girl</FONT>?
happy.gif

sugarchoc

Hi "uncle" Chin Leng

Loong time no see and tok!
So happy to hear that u are a DADDY now :)
CONGRATZ to u and blee and send my regards to her too!

Cheerios!

seiko

Hi Chin Leng,

though we've never 'spoken' here, I'm elated 2 hear that u've become a proud daddy already
happy.gif

Congrats on yr new bundle of joy
happy.gif

tigerlily

huh? how did u come into the conclusion that Chin Leng is now a dad? he said "added responsibilities"... can be alot of things.

mint

Hi Chin Leng,

Congrats to you and blee!!!
happy.gif
must be very anxious to be a first time daddy...

Tigerlily,
Chin Leng told us when his bb was due...

natash

Hi chin and Blee,

Good luck to your being promoted to DADDY &amp; MUmmy ...Congrates on your newborn!!

Cheers
Natash

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Thank you for all your congratulatory notes!
proud.gif

I've indeed been promoted to a father about two weeks ago. Life has been a frantic mad rush ever since. And yes, my boy has been keeping the whole family awake at night!
lol.gif

Will try to catch up with everyone and post my experience of fatherhood when I'm able to.
lame.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

alhana

Dear Chin Leng,

Congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your son! Best wishes from my hubby &amp; me
happy.gif
Remember to regale us with your tales of fatherhood!

jady

Dear Chin Leng,

Just to add on to the list of people who say CONGRATS!!!Must be v happy &amp; excited..can bring baby out on CNY to collect angbaos liao:p

jojo

Hi Cl and Blee...congrats to the both of you. May your little bundle bring lotsa joy and laffter into your family.
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Chin Leng,</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Congrats to u &amp; Blee on ur new bundle of joy!!!</FONT>

Hope to ur family portrait soon...
happy.gif

ocean

<FONT COLOR="119911">Chin Leng</FONT>, <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Gong Xi Gong Xi!!</FONT>
15472.gif

What a <FONT COLOR="0000ff">good little baby boy</FONT> arriving on time to help daddy &amp; mummy to collect some <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Ang Baos</FONT> for his milk powder &amp; pampers!!!! Kekkee...
biggrin.gif

Congrats to You &amp; your wife!!!!
15473.gif

eustoma

Hi Chin Leng, Congratulations!

I think giving birth is a very tough process to go thru. Do treasure the love your wife has given you.

dance40

Congratulation Chin Leng,

Congrats.....

Maybe after sometime you can start a new forum or website on Singapore parent hood.com.

Sincerly,

Irene

V

vellocet

Ok, this discussion has really shifted from the original topic (and for good reasons too!
happy.gif
)

As the some-time participant of many forums, I just have a suggestion to make: the forum software could be updated and registration made mandatory.

Reasons:

This discourages multiple postings by the same person using different nicks.

I've actually been lurking for a while now, and for now, because posts are absolutely anonymous, it's difficult to really know if a positive comment is by the shop owner itself, and also difficult to know if a negative posting is by a competitor. "Benefit of the doubt" is a good thing, but many people (including myself) may be making decisions in the thousands of dollars on the strengths of comments here...

Granted, mandating registration is not fool proof, but it places hurdles against dishonest vendors who try to create an artificial good name for him/herself, and makes it harder to slam competitors while pretending to be many different people... Regular forumites would just have to go through a one-time registration process, something that most people don't really mind, and the site could still serve as a valuable public resource, since it could remain viewable by non-members.

The above could also be reinforced using IP logging. This will enable the administrator to know at a glance if a few different nicks are posting from the same location. Again not foolproof, but a great deterrent.

Just my $0.02, FWIW. Ok, sorry for sidetracking. This is what happens when an software person makes a suggestion.
happy.gif

And though I don't know you in person, Congrats, Chin Leng!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Really appreciate all the congratulatory notes.
happy.gif

I hope to be able to participate more actively once I've caught up with some of more overdue work.
lame.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

abrinas

Hi Chin Leng

Can you help me please? I realise that someone actually posted a message at Seletar Broadway thread using my nick, posting time is 2.14pm which can't be me as I was using my modem line at that time. Could it be possible that someone used the same nick as me?? No harm done but just would like to know. Thanks

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Abrinas,

You'll need to include your password when you make a posting since you have a registered account. That way, when you post a message, your nick will appear as abrinas (abrinas) since you are a registered user. That way, no one will be confused with other 'abrinas'. In the near future, the forum will not allow a nick which has already been registered to be used as a posting name.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

beibei

hi Chin Leng,
Can I check why is it that I always get'locked'when trying to submit the message?and the June thread too..when I try to reload and I click on the latest message,nothing actually came out and I have to try reloading again.thanks!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Beibei,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If the thread you are participating is very active, there is a possibility that another user is also submitting a message when you tried to post yours. The thread will be temporarily 'locked' to the slightly later submission so that the earlier message can be posted. This is to ensure messages are posted sequentially and not concurrently.

Were you using your office or personal account when you had problem loading the "latest message"? If you are using personal account, was it a normal band or broadband and which ISP were you using? Please let us know your browser that you were using (IE, Netscape etc) too. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

beibei

Hi Chin Leng,

I have been using Netscape to log in to the forum cos it is faster.I am using the company account all this while.

If I am writing short messages,I can still accept if file locked occur but not if I am writing long messages...quite disappointing if all the message vanishes...
sad.gif

thanks

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Beibei,

I can understand your frustration and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. Next time when the thread is 'locked', just use the back button on your Netscape Navigator and you'll be able to go back to the page before your submission and your typed text would still be there. Just wait a while before you try submitting again.

If your company is using broadband access, you shouldn't have problem seeing the latest messages when you clicked. Maybe you'll like to try changing the cache setting under preferences section of the Navigator.

Hope this info helps. Please feel free to e-mail me if you've any queries.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Helpfulgal,

The posting has been responded but still appreciate that you've tried to bring my attention to the posting. Thanks!
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.