Chijmes

kpo

Hi jtan,

Try calling up Kriston catering (or other caterers)...they'll be able to advise you on the cost of holding your wedding dinner @ Chjimes (or other venues such as SAM, Fort Canning, Sentosa Beach etc.).

For the caterers contacts...look under "Directory - Food Catering Services" in this website.

C

chin leng

Hi KPO,

Thanks for helping to direct people to the pages with the required info. You know this site quite well! I'm glad that you have been using our website. We are always delighted to know that wedding couples have been using the resources provided here. :)

Have you joined us in our chat session on every Wednesday night at 9.30PM?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

H

hilarion goh

For CHIJMES, you might like to call the operations manager Rosalind Tan at her DID at Tel: 842-9123 or their office at #01-02 CHIJMES, Tel: 339-3119.

kpo

Hi Chin Leng,

I've been a regular in this website for abt a month. I think this website is GREAT (esp this forum)!

I haven't had the chance to join you guys/gals for a chat on Wed as I have night classes on that day ;-(

Anyway, just to let you know that you've done a great job!

Cheers

ixwong

I think Chijmes charges $3800 for the use of the hall if yours is a sit-down dinner. Cheaper if it is during other time (e.g. day). This charge excludes all other F&B, but not sure if it covers decor.

cutiebride

Hi all,

Can anyone share their wedding experiences in chijmes? I would like to know what's the feeling of holding a church wedding there? Did anyone hired unofficial caterer and florist? Thks!!
happy.gif
Hope to hear from u, gals!

cutiebride

Hi all,

It's me again...hmmm this thread so quiet ah...
sad.gif
Need some feedback badly leh... Really would like to hear more experiences. Did anyone attended chijmes wedding before, u may share ur experiences too...thks!!
happy.gif
I'm thinking to hold my wedding at chijmes as one of my option so I'd like to know more feedback.
happy.gif

B

bri

hi cutiebride,

attended a wedding there before...

some comments:
- lack of parking within chijmes
- lack of space for reception and cocktail (cocktail tables were placed outside the hall)
- toilets far away from hall

the official caterer for the wedding i attended was kriston...the deco was very simple and so-so only...food was quite nice! service so-so

D

damnchobo

Hi everyone,
Wonder if anyone had recent experiences with CHIJMES? Do they conform to the following as listed in chijmes' website??

http://www.chijmes.com.sg/flash/services/wedding/index.htm
then click optional services, Provisional Clause link at bottom of page.

Provisional Clause

Basic rental of Chijmes Hall for a wedding service or celebration includes:

1. Two hundred banquet chairs inclusive of ivory seat covers for wedding services in the daytime only or one night's accommodation at the Duxton Hotel for cocktail and dinner time slots only
2. A standard stage of dimensions 12 feet by 24 feet with green skirting.
3. One reception table with table cloth and skirting at front entrance (decorations are not included).
4. One pastoral table with table cloth and skirting for signing or service (decorations are not included).
5. A one-hour complimentary daytime briefing on weekdays will be made available upon request only.
Additional hours will be charged at S$100 per hour.
Briefings are not available on weekends and all dates are subject to availability.
6. The use of the dressing room.
7. Four wired microphones and house system for use in Chijmes Hall only.
Technical assistance will be available during all events.
8. Complimentary use of Chijmes premises for outdoor wedding photography.
9. A maximum of five complimentary VIP carpark spaces.

THANKS!!!

D

damnchobo

About "unofficial" caterer. (see (2) below)
Someone asks that question (I think...)
This is all from chijmes' website.
http://www.chijmes.com.sg/flash/services/wedding/cater_florist-ClauseTerms.htm

Terms & Conditions

1) Handover of Premises

A joint inspection of the Premises shall be arranged with the User prior to commencement of the installation works and following the completion of all dismantling and removal works.

The User shall be liable for any damage to the floors or other parts of the Premises arising from the Event. Any damage caused to the Premises, existing apparatus and fittings, etc. by the User, its representatives or any persons in connection with the Event shall be rectified by the User, within ten (10) days (unless otherwise agreed by the management of Chijmes Investment Pte Ltd) from the last day of the Event. Failing which the management shall proceed with the rectification works. The costs incurred in so doing will be deducted from the security deposit, and if the security deposit is insufficient, the balance shall be a debt due from the User.

The Premises must be cleaned, and all floor stains and rubbish must be removed within (1) day from the last day of the Event, failing which the management shall proceed with the cleaning removal and the total cost of such cleaning or removal shall be borne by the User.

2) Use of Unofficial Caterer

Chijmes Investment Pte Ltd reserves the right to levy a 10% surcharge on the total catering amount or S$800.00 (whichever is higher) for all caterers other than those appointed by the management.

A security deposit of S$500.00 shall be paid by the caterers and held by Chijmes Investment Pte Ltd. The security deposit will be refunded to the User free of interest after the Event upon due observance of the Terms & Conditions.

---

I guess it pays to read the fine print.

Appreciate if anyone who has actual experience cares to comment... especially if any "post-weddin" issues like (1) came out?

jessie

hi..

I am having a church wedding in Chijmes. Does anyone has any recommendations on caterers? In mind, I thought of using Java Link or Harvest Cartering or Lavish Dine Catering?

nicole

Hi Jessie,

I'm also having my church wedding in Chijmes.
happy.gif
I hope that u are aware u tt Chijmes has 5 official caterers and 2 official florists. If u engage services other than the official caterers and florists, u have to pay a surcharge of 10% of yr total ctaering fee or $800 whichever is higher. For florists the surcharge is $200.

Another reminder, we are not allowed to use disposable cutlery and fake flowers. Thus we have to pay a premium for catering for the glasses and plastic ware or china ware and fresh flowers. (thus expenses to hold a church wedding in Chijmes is usually abt 10k , most pple do not know tt..:p)

FYI, the official caterers are Kriston, Grand Hyatt, Westin, Grappa's, Maison De Fontaine. And official florists are Green house and Eunice(Kriston's official florist).

Check out Chijmes website at www.chijmes.com.sg for more info or u can email me if u wish.
happy.gif

Cheers and God bless!

Nicole

tigerlily

Hi Jessie,

Aiya.. you just missed the Wedding Workshop at Chijmes on Saturday!!

It was organised by Kriston. The whole setup was pretty good. My friend who had her wedding in Chijmes got Kriston to do everything for them. You can also talk to them.

but... if you're thinking of holding it this year. It's all fully booked until next year

jessie

hi Nicole

Thanks for the informations! When is ur big day? Mine is in Sept 02. For my florist I would used Green House as I had spoken to Sam and seen his works.

But caterer is giving some headaches.

I will email you and tell you more.

jessie

Hi Tigerlily

hmhm... I know about the wedding workshop Kriston had organised but just dun have time to go.

Are u using them as your caterer?

lollipop

Hi gals,

I am having my wedding in Chijmes as well. I have engaged Kriston's services. I liase with Anna and she's very flexible and she makes us feel comfy.

My wedding will be held in Oct 02. For florist, I am using Steffi's.

nicole

Hi Jessie,

I've emailed u!

Hi lollipop,

Steffi is not Chijmes' official florist. So u would have to pay the $200 surcharge right?
happy.gif

Cheers!
"_)
Nicole

nicole

Hi lollipop and all,

I've just called Lillian (CHIJMES)and confirmed that there will be a non refundable deposit of $200 for engaging outside florists and on top of that pay a security deposit of $500. This security deposit of $500 is refundable as long as your florist does not scratch the walls or damage any part of Chijmes hall.
happy.gif

Same for food, $800 non refundable surcharge plus $500 security deposit.

It is actually advised to engage official caterers and florists because firstly they are allowed to enter the premise to set up the deco and equipment as early as they wish (as long as there is no function). Outside florists and caterers would have to come at the time that you booked you package at, and you have to wait for them to set up or pay $200 for 2 hours for pre function setup.

Secondly, outside caterers will be required to clear the place earlier than the official caterers or u have to pay 1.5 X rate the hourly rate for your function for every hour you exceed the booking time.

Finally, official caterers and florists are more familiar with the place and regulations. That way you can be assured of more efficient services and less liability of incurring damages charges.

However, I agree that the prices for official caterers and florists are steeper than outside caterers and florists.

:p

Anyway just to share the info so that you guys know about the charges!
happy.gif

Cheers!
"_)
Nicole

joey

Hi there,

I am planning to hold my wedding lunch there. I am just wondering how much u had paid for yours and for how many pax?

rdgs

lollipop

Hi Nic,
One of the clauses mentioned in my contract is

"All external caterers/contractors will have to place a refundable deposit of $500 each with the management which will be refunded upon inspection of damages/cleanliness of the premises. The management reserves the right to determine the damages/cleanliness of the said premises and will engage necessary contractors to rectify the damages/cleanliness. All necessary cost will be borne by the caterer/contractor and will be deducted from the deposit."

I have called Chijmes also to verify... a gentleman told me that they do not have official florists, only caterers, so we can use florist A or B and there won't be any surcharge imposed. Unless it is for catering.

Phew!

Anyways, thanks Nic for bringing them up. I must admit I took it for granted
happy.gif

Hi Joey,
It depends on which caterer you have in mind. Among the official caterers, I think Kriston offers the most reasonable price. If you are looking at elaborate dinner seating styles, then you can consider Westin or Hyatt, which I believe, has different pkgs for you to choose from.

For me, I have chosen Kriston and Chijmes can only hold max 300 persons. As we mentioned earlier, Chijmes only offer complimentary 200 chairs and anything beyond that, you have to pay $6/chair. To date, we have about 250 guests (not confirmed, no rsvp yet) but we will be catering for about 200-220 pax.

Hope the above helps.

nicole

Hi Lollipop,

Thanks for clarifying. U know what when I called Chijmes some time ago, a staff told me that there is no official florists, just official caterers. Then later, another fren of mine who is holding her wedding at Chijmes told me that Sam is the official florist.

So last Sat when I went to the Kriston workshop, I met Lillian and I asked her and she confirmed that there is a $200 non refundable charge for outside florists on top of the refundable $500 security deposit.

I believe that Lillian is the person in charge of wedding events held in Chijmes Hall, so her verification should be more accurate than any other staff. :p I suggest u call Lillian @ 6332 6272 yourself to verify. U don't want to receive yr $200 bill on yr actual day and then go thru the hassle of explaining to them that u once called and a gentleman said there is no official florist etc. I mean $200 is not a big sum but who wants to pay it if u can avoid it?

:p

They will ask for both your florist and caterer as the day approaches. Think need receipts to verify.

I'm not trying to insist that u need to pay $200. :p Because I am thinking of outside florists too, I haven't booked my florist yet. Just think its always better to make sure.
happy.gif

Cheers!

Hi Joey:

As Lollipop has explained it, depends on who u engage as yr caterer. A total budget of $8000- $10,000 is a rough guide if you are having about 250 guests.

The break down is as follows:
1) rental of Chijmes HAll : $2600 + 3%
2) catering : min $24 pax
3) floral deco: $500- $1000
4) extra chairs @ $6 a piece
5) rental of equipment: if necc.

Cheers!
"_)
Nicole

lollipop

Hi Nic,

No worries, I had wanted to speak to Lilian but she was on leave. Mebbe I will call her tmr.

happy.gif

Will let you know the outcome.

nicole

Hi Lollipop!

Have u called Lillian? Is she back from leave? What did she say abt the florist thingy? Update me abt the outcome okies?

Cheers!
"_)
Nicole

pie

hi ladies,

Anyone attended a wedding chinese sit down dinner @ CHIJMES before?

How's the food by the official caterers?
eg. Grand Haytt,oriental hotel,westin
Service? I would assume the ambience would definately be nice....

Thank you.

mexx

thanks babydoll....

Just met the chijmes sales executive today. Was told there is no surcharge but a non-official florist would have to pay $500 refundable deposit to CHIJMES.

babydoll

hi mexx,
can you please explain how the deposit is refundable? i have booked chijmes too for my wedding, and was told about the $200 charge.
thanks,
babydoll

mexx

I have not signed the agreement for chijmes yet but was told by the sales exec. Lilian that there is no surcharge for non-official florist. just a deposit which the florist will get back after he clears up the place. If u notice, they put down the title of "official caterers" for the list of caterers but put down "suggested florist" for the florist... so I think it's not a must to use their florist.

you might want to call them and talk to them again.

I have not seen the contract though.

babydoll

Hi Mexx,
thanks for the advice. Actually we already booked Chijmes, and I may have misunderstood the terms. Yes they do write Preferred Florist, however I had written a little note to myself during our Chijmes appointment that there is a $200 surcharge for using a different florist. Well, I am glad to hear there is no surcharge!

mexx

For those who book chijmes for their wedding ceremony, Would like to know how much you spent on floral decoration for a gauge as to how much i'll need to spend. thanks.

C

chijmees

I spent abt 700+ for a bare minimal floral decor for a wedding banquet.

mexx

Guess floral decoration for wedding banquet should cost more right ? since there would need to be a floral arrangement at every table.

Anyone else used chijmes for their ROM/ church wedding ? How much did u guys spent on flowers ?

swisschoc

me also tinking of having my wedding at chijmes. but i would like to do the church ceremony at night followed by a dinner buffet. anyone come across anyone who does that?

hi chijmees,
how was your wedding like? lunch or dinner?

mexx

Hi Babydoll,

I have signed the chijmes contract and it does not state any surcharges for external florists, the surcharge is only for the caterer. All external florists or caterers need to place $500 which they will get back upon inspection of the chijmes to ensure that the place is cleaned up properly. FYI.

C

chijmees

Hi swisschoc, yes..that was what i did exactly. I wanted to save the trouble of coming up with two lists of guests for church and dinner. Plus i have calculated, the costs of doing it separatly can be quite high.

Pp are suprised abt that. But since when was it stated that church weddings can't take place in the evening? Hahaha..God doesn't sleep so why not? So i did a 2-in-1. Church wedding followed by banquet dinner. In the end, a few of my frens find it special as they have never attended something like that (though i am pretty sure i am not the 1st one to do that)

A word of caution though. First, Chijmes is a very enchanting place but at night, the inside of Chijmes loses a bit of its charms coz the stained glass are only visisble in the day.

2nd, if you intend to have your church ceremony in the eve followed by the dinner, you have to remind your guests that the church thingy is not in the day. Coz that is the perception pp have.

I have repeated and repeated umpteen times to my guests that my church wedding is not in the day at chijmes and dinner there at night too. They keep forgetting!!!

Ps-i did not regret having my wedding there. I find it a very very charming place. (although my 1st choice was to wed in a church)
Even pictures taken there also turned out quite nice. I had my outdoor shoot there too. (it's free if you book the hall, so take the opportunity to) Everytime i pass by Chijmes, i always do a double take....fond memories

Feel free to ask me if you have any more questions (if i can help that is)

swisschoc

hi chijmees,

thank you for the useful info. i m now looking for a pastor who is a licensed solemnizer. but since i just converted and has yet to become a member of any church, i m wondering if any pastor wld want to solemnize for us.

if u don mind, cld u roughly list out the expenses for your wedding? when was your wedding? any photos that you can share with me?

my email: [email protected]

cheers,

swisschoc

C

chijmees

Hi swisschoc,

My wedding was like half a year ago..so i may not remember all the details. I'll see what i can do?

I'll email to you over the weekend? Photos? Those outdoor shoots at Chijmes? or actual wedding dinner at Chijmes?

swisschoc

hi chijmees,

blur me! i did receive your email! u look so sweet and pretty!

so you had round table seating with an aisle in between? how many tables did u have? looks a lot to me!

it sure is a romantic idea to solemnize at night...but me n fh still considerig...cos of the costs...btw was your ang pao enuf to cover the costs?

C

chijmees

Thnx swisschoc. Every bride is at their prettiest on the wedding day.

Yup. i had 9 round tables on each side of the aisle. The rest are behind pillars. Sad..but no choice..anything more than 18 (coz 9 on each side) or so, will bound to have the rest behind pillars.

In all, i had abt 22 or so. Not many but maybe the hall is small so looked very crammed.

The maxi is abt 30 to 32 i think. Which will be very very squeezy.

Yah..i wouldn't say it's very cheap to have that dinner in Chijmes. Hmmm..the angbao was fortunately just enough to cover the banquet. Some gave a lot more, some "under-gave" but overall, covered everything (no "profit")

But when you do the cost budgeting, advisable not to rely on the ang bao part. Coz you don't really know if you can cover at the end of the day. Assess if you are able to shoulder the costs without the help of ang bao.

I cut back on a lot of things. Like getting canned beer (instead of draft beer), doing my own programme list, getting cheaper wedding favour, not having wine (wine is getting so popular but i just had to give it a miss), exchanging things in the dinner package i did not want with others etc..

Due to costs, my initial other choice was the art musuem. I thought it looked pretty cool too.
happy.gif

When are you planning to have your wedding?