Cheongsam

hi angeljules, i just requested to see your dress on multiply
happy.gif

an update on my dress with Wilson. i had my first fitting yesterday and was very happy with what i saw. wilson added additional embroidery from the excess cloth at the bottom of my gown to the top part to form an assymetrical design which i love! otherwise the original fabric is too uninteresting cos of the repeated patterns. as the cloth was not long enough, he added 2 rows of scallops to the bottom. the sleeves were a dream come true. my arms are my problem area and he managed to design a little scalloped sleeve which manages to hide it pretty well!

i'm so happy with it. money well spent! i feel like making a CS every year for events now
happy.gif

habe

Hi Ladies, i'm also on the lookout for cheongsam - for my tea ceremony as i'm not wearing kua. been to a few shops - and realise the cost is so diverse!went to Hana at arcade- range around $2-3k for OTR, and also to this boutique at lagoon view (marine parade) where apparantly even our first lady frequents but the cs there only about 300-500. and also to this chic boutique (my fav by far) called tong tong at shaw twrs beach rd - really like their cs..they ahve really cool designs also only around 300-500.
i'm quite confused with this huge difference in pricing!

starpal

I am also looking to tailor a modern cheongsam (lace kind). can anyone show me any pics? also how much will it cost to go to wilson? (estimated range) and also what is the est time usu needed to make one?

Hi shannen, I bought my own lace from Arab Street (shop recommended by Wilson). Wilson will need about 2-3 months. Maybe off-peak he can rush out earlier. It cost $320 for workmanship. My material was about $170. Note that my CS does not come with the fishtail that you see on some of the brides here, so workmanship was slightly cheaper.

dodolet

Chewie, does urs have beadings and if yes, what type of beads used??

From what I know, the workmanship cost varies by the type of design, cutting, include lining or not, with or without beadings, type of beads used, etc.

Timeline, again it varies. If Wilson is able to rush it out within ur time frame he will do it, else it would be about 2~ months bah.

Shannen, Anyway, i think a couple of us made our cs(mostly lace CS) from wilson, and he had also added his own creativity in each piece. So just need to tell him what type u would like and he will draw out what it would roughly look like to see if u like it or not, and the price it cost.

starpal

thanks chewie. is it sufficient to go to wilson in march (after CNY) if i will only need the cheongsam in early august ?

angeljules

Wow Chewie,

your gown seems very reasonable lei... hee... paid more for mine lei... wanna see your gown... remember to post it up when u have time ya...

shannen,
Wilson is quite accomodating just let him know when u need ur gown... but 1-2 months is good time frame... unless he has lots of orders...

angeljules

guinguin,

If you are looking for Wislon u better see him soon cos there will be CNY orders as well, if he can't rush it out in time for u he will reject u... so no harm gg earlier...

guinguin

angeljules.. called him yest he said if i need by early march i MUST go now! sigh... worry tat my size may look different leh
sad.gif
how..

cloudz, thanks for e sharing! very nice & sexy!! :p

guinguin, no worries, if ur size change, he will adjust for you during your fitting! your fitting is probably in Feb. by then, your size should be about fixed right? for my gown, he had to adjust even though i don't think my size changed! i believe he will try to make slightly bigger, at least can make smaller, than vice versa.

sotonglet, mine doesn't have additional beads. my fabric is lace with embroidery and beads. so i don't think Wilson had to add much extra? he did do the embroidery patching which i love, but that's from my fabric too.

angeljules, sure, i will post up after my wedding, which is end of this yr
happy.gif

cloudz7, were u from VJ? u look like my senior... also same name as you. nice pics! where is ur CS from?

guinguin

chewie.. ya, thinking to see him this weekend.. but i will get everything frm him like fabric, lace and beads. hopefully wont cost me a bomb. thinking to tailor made knee length coz long 1 i guess pretty exp!!!

have to realli tink a way hw to slim dwn
sad.gif
envy cloudz figure so nice...

cloudz7

chewie: Yeps from VJ..which CT were u from? Care to share your website/photos if any and name?

Thx! It's from Mama & Misse (International plaza @ Tanjong Pagar)They took few weeks only to make.

guinguin: Wedding stress will naturally slim u down. but i think i read in labelle forum that there's acupuncture slimming, u can check it out. Or guess just eat lesser a bit? Sweat out thru activities like yoga or exercise?

guinguin

cloudz.. i wish i can.. now jog quite alot... haiz, hopefully wilson can help me on this!!!

$300? kinda moderate though.. nt tat expensive.. phew!!! thanks ladies!

cloudz> i'm grace from ur junior class
happy.gif
i see ur bb, congrats!! no pics of my CS, gown etc. online yet. will post after the big day.

about losing weight, i m skipping rice now... acupuncture slimming?? i didn't know there was such a thing! does it work?

guinguin> mine is long one, was not that exp ;) sometimes the fabrics at Arab St go on sale, so you can get pretty good buys. if you are free, i recommend that you go down to the fabric shop (i can't rem the name, wilson will recommend). you will be fascinated by the choices available. i was at such a loss cos so many cloth were so attractive!! now i want to make 1 CS every year. hahaha!

cloudz7

ah chewie, Sarah just added me. Congrats to both of you getting married
happy.gif
When's your big day and where issit? Which BS? When i recall your nick here, i got a hunch u were Grace after Sarah's add heh

Acupuncture slimming: i also didnt know got such thing, but according to above mentioned thread, seems like the gal lost 7kg? and had photos to show.

livinginsg

Hi girls! Since we are all wearing CS for our Big Day, i wanna get your input for hairstyles that would flatter a high collar.

I just had my PS yest, was not 100% happy with the hairstyle so i thought i better do some homework...

Cheers!

guinguin

hey all CS brides!

I went to Wilson place last weekend, I can't believe I confirm my design and fabric within 1.5 hours! He gave me advice on the color, design and fabric I should wear.. hehe. the color I love it so much and i'm getting short CS due to my dinner is 'mini' style :p hehe... awaiting for my CS to be done in end of feb..

kan cheong! hopefully i can fit in nicely.. scare butt too big
sad.gif

hi cloudz, my AD is boxing day! BS is Silhouette and dinner at CHIJMES. how old's your bb?? i think too late for me to do any kind of slimming. give up! add me on FB? can find through mutual friend from sarah's FB.

PK, what hairstyle did you get? i'm also worried as i got to top up quite a bit to get a different hairstyle for 2nd march in... i was wondering if a low tied wavy pony tail is too strange for CS. else i wanted an updo.

guinguin, congrats!! post pics when you get it
happy.gif
he will make u look nice in the CS, don't worry! i was worried about my arms but the sleeves were made so ingeniously!

guinguin

hi chewie! thanks!! hey, u have FB?? yeah, very anxious now.. hope can slim dwn lor..

but hor, can ask u gals.. im thinking to wear my CS for PS, but if my PS already have the CS, then before my dinner banquet 2nd march in every1 oledi know my CS lor.. no surprise liao leh
sad.gif
how ah...

cloudz7

Chewie: nice (BS & venue). Initially wanted CHIJMES but changed. baby gal's 3 mths plus. Huh, u need slimming meh? from wat i remembered u were stick thin...

Wat's your surname btw? (for FB)

guinguin: cool, upload photos and share with us

cloudz7

guinguin: seeing on photos is different from seeing it in person ma. it's alrite la. i also did PS then wore for tea ceremony And 2nd march in.

for the effort u took in making the CS, might as well flaunt it rite?

guinguin

hehe.. xie xie ni cloudz!! yeah... my fiance told me, guest only able to see our PS album during e nite time.. so doesnt matter lor, only 2-3 pages nia mah, so they wont so concentrate until my march in. haha...

cloudz7, surname's Lin
happy.gif

My wedding was last Friday and I'm sharing my CS pics which I made with Wilson from Katong Shopping Center (Max Couture). I love the dress! By the way, whatever creases were my fault cos I forgot to ask my helpers to pull the cloth for me...

882932.jpg
882933.jpg

882934.jpg
882935.jpg

Will upload both Mother dresses which was also made by Wilson later!

Thanks all! I will try find a pic with the scallops at bottom of my dress (similar to the sleeves one).

Cloth was $168 from the Arab St shop that Wilson recommended (it was on sale), and workmanship $320. I think I went to Wilson in Sep or so? I got it in mid Dec.

cloudz7

Chewie: Thx but found a number of Grace lin, and Sarah's not in the mutual friends...strange

Very nice cheongsam~ Wonder if i should go there and buy for Chinese New Year. How much are the short ones? Which floor, issit the basement one?

noella

Dear all,

I love the pics of the cheongsam!
Intending to customise my CS with a modern twist. Anyone to recommend website for design ideas? My bridal package allows me to MTM gowns/CS.
Thanks

livinginsg

Hi Chewiegranolabar! So sorry for the late reply (was in Italy with my HTB)!!! I think it all worked out for your CS hairstyle, right?;-) You look absolutely good in that CS!!!!:) Congrats! I thought the touch of colour on your hair really helps to bring out the sheen on the CS!

After seeing all the designs of Wilson, i have to admit that i am tempted to visit him. I am doing my CS with another CS master. Am totally happy with my CS but it is just too costly to make another one with my designer!! Solely for vanity purposes, haha!

guinguin

gosh... after seeing all brides here wif sexy CS figure, realli give Wilson a applause!!

anyway, all of ur CS is long, mine is short leh, nt sure e outcome how.. any1 can share her CS with short knee length?

oh ya, seek ur advice here.. wat kind of shoes u gals wearing for CS? mine is short CS, thus my shoes muz b nice enugh to match e CS leh..

dodolet

I have a short red CS, that can go to any ah gogo retro nite in . LOL. I use a black evening wear shoes, as it can go with other gowns, dresses i have. And I can reuse it after my wedding. ^^v

Guinguin, what is the color of ur CS.

newlybride

Hi ladies

I just got married in 28 Dec 2008 and wish to sell my MTM white cheongsum (with high collar and 3D black laces sewn on the left side of the dress) from Mama and Misses - selling at $800.

My height is 1.69 m and my size is M.

Please email me at [email protected]

livinginsg

Hi! I like to get some information from those brides who have had their CS tailored with Wilson.

1) Does he have fabrics in his shop or is it a must to shop for fabrics at Arab Street?
2) Does he have lots of designs in his shop? I am more a visual person so i need to see actual designs rather than design something from scratch.

Thanks all!:)