Chatters

cheerio

this is a thread for pple who feel bored at work, at home (like me now studying)and want to talk about anything, bitching, or watever...

so basically, tcss

*yawn*

cheerio

wah biang... must be too bored until double click.. now got two threads of the same name.. stupid dumbo me...

how to remove one of them??

sparkless

Think u can get Chin Leng to help you remove the other thread...

Me.. just had my subway lunch... surfing internet for work related purpose and at the same time, kay poh a bit.. see what's up in the forum...

haa

dreamster

Cheerio, u realli so bored till like tat ah. I shall join u. I have been clicking in and out of this site since morning. Its Friday and yet it seems like such a long long day. Actually hor, I dont noe how to remove it. I think probably the administrator would noe.

cheerio

yah, i email chin leng liao...
subway.. sounds good, me sort of had a 'subway' wannabe, french loaf with omelette homemade style, hahahaha...

monkie

i had the carrot cake for lunch..so heavenly..thanks to my sister in law who take the trouble to order this homemake carrot cake..yummy.

cheerio

yah.. me really very bored, hyper bored, studying for my exam tomolo, and i always suffered from withdrawal syndrome like now whenever its less than 48hrs to my exam...

so many theories yet not much can go into my brain...
kao_dizzy.gif

sparkless

i have a very short attention span... study a bit will wander off to merryland... never do well in exam... haha...

what kind of exam u taking?

cheerio

last lag of my degree programme, tomolo's paper is on advertising..
interesting subject lah, but tons of theories loh, hiaz...

dreamster

Carrot cake.. like them in white and squares, like the ones at Bukit Timah.

Haven't had lunch but had a slice of mooncake from Goodwood Park from 1 of my company's suppliers. Tastes good with tea.

Cheerio, ur studying marketing?

monkie

hi cheerio
u taking full time degree?
acutally, its not good to last minute study because you will burn out.
advertising need not memorise so many things so long u understand the theory. but you must give expamples to support your theory, then got more points.

monkie

i love carrot cakes, except for the cheese on top. by right should eat together with the cheese so tat it can compliment the cinnamon taste.

monkie

hi pinky,
misleading hor!
my in-law heard us talking about carrot cake and she thought is from market. she offer to buy for me for breakfast. luckily we clearify with her otherwise i dunno what to do with that packet of "black black Cai Tao Kuay".

i dun dare to eat "cai tao kuay" cos its very very fattening.

cheerio

recently i begin to like going to JB to shop and eat, all started when a good fren drove us in and had a real fun day, just eat and buy eat and buy... the YAMI yogurt is so much cheaper there.. and City Square is quite a good place to shop loh
kao_happy.gif

cheerio

hahaha... carrot cake alone got so many versions.. hahaha..

I am taking degree in Business, double major in Property and Marketing, so advertising is just one of the marketing subjects..

cheerio

i love cakes, all except for those cheesy types..

no. 1 on my list is the Signature Passion Fruit Meringue cake from the Patissier, YUMMMMMMMY....

monkie

cheerio,
i am going JB tomorrow to buy my wedding shoes. hopefully can find one.
hey u not going back to ur books? endure endure ok?

dottyback

helo da jia hehe

actually not hungry coz went BK had brekkie this morn..then come in here c u all tok abt cai tao kuay..hungry liao lor!

sparkless

wanna hear some opinions here...

visited a fren who gave birth a week ago. asked her how's her confinement food.. she said eat seasme chicken for 1st 2 weeks then 3rd week onwards, can add in veg and fish...

wah... dun think i can eat the same stuff, day in and day out. when i asked is baby crying louder now, cos 2nd day after delivery, went to see her, baby cried, hardly any sound. she immediately shhh..said, cannot say such things...

ah... so do u all believe all these? Like no shower for confinement month, can only eat seasme chicken, and cannot say baby cute or very "kuai"...

cheerio

yah, going back to study liao hahaha..

but before that, to Fairy,
yah, I think should believe lah, esp the confinement part, really very impt to eat all the 'RIGHT' food.

like food with lotsa ginger to expel the air that went into the stomache when gave birth, stuff to replenish the blood that was lost... etc...

dreamster

Cheerios, Im a big fan of Patissier too. But I like their green tea selection and the tofu cake which is very unique and different, and super tasty. Hmm.. JB, its cheap and fun to go, if u go on the weekdays, can go to Holiday Plaza, the top level have so many shops tat does mani and pedi and they r super cheap on weekdays coz no one goes during weekdays.

Twin fairy, its superstition. A lot of things cannot be said in front of the baby when they r juz born. Better be safe than sori.

dottyback

err personaly i'm not those 'pantang' type..in fact i think all those r BS lah...hahaha

most ppl will go 'bu ting lao ren yan chi kui zai yan qian' n hav the 'beta dun take the risk' mentality..but seriously lah..its only the chinese mostly thats into all such things which r so nonsensical..if it can b explained scientifically i will believe n practice but none otherwise

dreamster

Serene, u'll say tat now, till something happens, then ppl will start to believe. For me as long as its not the extreme, I'll follow. Maybe I'm considered more pantang. Even my colleagues also say Im rather pantang for such a young person.

sgbabydoll

Hello people, I am working from home today. Not feeling well but still have work to catch up on.

I don't really believe in the part about cannot say baby is cute or guai. But since it's her baby, she decides lor and outside parties just follow.

dottyback

PinkyDy nah i just look at solid examples like my boss, angmos like them who recently gave birth n wives not doing anything silly like chinese ppl, convince me all the things our mothers n grandmothers said r nonsensical

anyway its juz my own opinion ;)

sparkless

my other fren said when her baby borned, also cried softly.. then as baby got older, crying got louder..

logically, is normal for newborn baby to cry softly cos just borned, not much strength.. but as baby get older, of course, more strength, crying also get louder... dun think is becos of a remark, the baby suddenly will cry louder..

think when is my turn... most old folks will be angry with me...

and.. really cannot shower??? wah... weather so hot, cannot shower... hmmm... when breastfeeding time... isnt it not hygienic?!

sgbabydoll

Cannot shower and wash your hair for one month is too far-fetched lah. You may pass the germs to the baby and contaminate the family's living environment.

dead_heart

its so unhygiene not to bath for one whole mth. I bath everyday and wash my hair every alternate days. As for food, actually it taste very good (cooked by my mum).

Degree of Pantangness depends on individual. my mum very patang, hence cannot say the bb good or bad. For eg, my nephew cannot come in contact with pregnant women or else he will be very cranky the whole day. My sis dun believe it initially, after few encounters, she have no choice but to believe as my nephew crankiness almost drove her crazy. From then on, she is more alert on this.

dreamster

Actually its realli cannot shower. Becoz if u do, 'wind' will go into ur body. When woman get older, they will have problems with their bones and joints. So no choice. Tat's y they have invented the dry shampoo and all those dry stuff. Its in powder form so its suppose to absorbe sweat and all tat. Before breastfeeding, can use wet ones to wipe clean first mah. But must dry it immediately before breastfeeding lah.

And I noe now actually can shower already but must use this herbs in hot water and shower very fast, like splash over ur body and out of u go. dry ur body and blow dry ur hair immediately so tat no 'wind' will travel into ur body and get trapped.

So for the better of ur health and body in the future, 1 month is no choice.

dottyback

kekeke exactly..doctors nowadays will tell u..how can anyone not bathe for one month?? hygiene plays an impt role esp when one is in confinement wif all the breast feeding going on

what my sis did was..she bathed everyday but used those chinese herbs to do so..her MIL was ok with that n also the one who prepared her bath everyday during her confinement

sgbabydoll

I shower twice daily and wash my hair during the morning shower...cannot imagine not showering for one full month.

monkie

when a women give birth, her body structure, health undergo major changes. if confinment not done properly, will affect her health for the rest of her life so cannot be taken lightly.

ppl dun wash hair for one month is prevent ruthumism (feng shi).
can bath lar, but use special kind of herbs like wat serene say. or put lots of powder.

monkie

one day dun bath and my whole body itch like hell.
really dun wish to get pregnent, lost of scrafice.

dead_heart

ya, used the special herbs for bath. Juz bath quickly, after tat take a hot drink and then lie in bed with the cover loh.

Actually for the 1st 2 wks of confinement, will sweat like nobody business (think during labour, was given drip, hence water retention after tat), hence it make sense to bath everyday, especially i breastfeed my ds. Also, i massage for 7 days after delivery, hence i need to "wash" away the herbs everyday before i carried my ds. BB's skin are very sensitive, hence image "exposing" them to a "dirty" mummy.... wait the face also got red spots....

so, those going to give birth soon, do prepare some hankies on standby as will need it.

dead_heart

hi sgbabydoll,
i prefer washing my hair at nite as "expose" to all sorts of dust when we are outside during the day
happy.gif

sparkless

powder for washing hair- just heard from fren that she will use it to "shampoo" her hair. Didnt know that's such stuff around.

Think i shall "interview" all my frens who's already a mum to get a better picture on confinement.

And know what my darling said "aiyah, if u find it (confinement) tough, then dun have baby. I'm okay" ...i was left speechless
proud.gif

dead_heart

actually those powder shampoo is not very good, will "absorb" the oilyness to a certain degree. I still feel that washing hair during confinement is a must .... or else cannot imagine the state of the hair by the end of the confinment.

Initially my mum also dun allow me to wash hair, can bath only, but i fight for it and with the help of my sis, we manage to persuade my mum loh.

sgbabydoll

That makes sense, deadheart. But I have oily scalp, so even if I wash my hair in the night the next morning it will turn greasy. No choice, I do it in the morning.

Twin fairy - Oh, so she dry cleans herself? Hehe...still it doesn't sound hygienic.

jan4january

i think if in future i do confinement, i will still bathe and shampoo my hair, i cant stand not shampoo or bathe even for a day! but i can tahan if i dont switch on the air con at nite.

dead_heart

sgbabydoll, so shiok to be able to work at home..... my cpy cannot leh......

nvm, in 2.5hrs, i'm off work then can go jalan for awhile b4 fetching my ds. So sianz at work....

jan4january

deadheart,

really? i heard people say that to on the air con can cause feng shi more than on the fan? well, if wat u said is true, yahoo! i enjoy air con v much!