Changi Village Hotel for solemnisation?

hitsubi

Hi Ann
O, the top up is not that bad! Good for you! =)
Oh, for mine, coz mine is a buffet lunch, they said tt if I were to take the honey, I will nd to top up $0.60, which I thot was quite a bit. Yes, everythg need to add $$. Oh, and i have not even asked if the honey, if we were to customise names etc will need to add $$ or not. I think need la hor. Aii.

As for the colour theme to fit ur maroon coloured gown, I personally think that gold would go much better than the baby blue. =)

By the way, how's your fitting? You mentioned about the maroon coloured gown. Decided on that one? =)

Oh, i hv about 60 to 80 pax I think. Still hv to confirm again. Definitely not more than a 100.

I have not done my songs, invites will do later.
Actually for songs, I need to kinda time the 'march in' to see how long it will take coz I wanna cut my song appropriately coz i dun think i'm using the start of the song... Duties not listed out... eek! Many thgs to sort >_<"

pannie

Hi Mary.

Think gold would fit nicely too. Maybe would change to that but had to discuss with my HTB too cause he's not really a gold person. Hehe!!

Hi hitsubi.

Relax Relax... you and I are having it on the same day though I only have about 38 people to entertain to. If you panick, I should panick too which I don't want to. Haha!! I have chosen the maroon colour gown cause it's the most outstanding one in the lots that I had tried.

I think be it lunch or dinner, the top up for the wedding favor are the same. They quoted me the same top up rate for the honey too. The honey came with a small tag which had CVH logo on it if I don't remember wrongly. If you wanted to add a tag (cream colour, 3cm by 3cm), it will cost you an additonal of $0.10/pc if you only need your text in black but an additional of $0.20/pc if you need your text in colour. They use inkjet printer to print.

I have decided not to add the tag cause I find the tag rather ugly and small. Decided to DIY or buy the thank you cards myself.

hitsubi

Hi Ann

Ok! I take deep breath! Hee. =)
Maroon is quite a unique colour. Happy for you that you manage to find one to your liking.

Oh, i didn't know the top up cost is the same. I only think &amp; think myself coz the lady said it's out of the package budget tt's why hv to top up, which was why i thot maybe top up for lunch/din is different. =p Seems like you reli checked out on the favours. We reli nvr do much on that yet. Just see look at the wedding show only. =p Tks for the additional info on the tags etc! From the looks of it, seems like DIY is prettier. The other time when i saw the bottle, they had bees on it, like love love bees or something.

pannie

Hi hitsubi.

Got bees on the bottle meh? Did't saw it. Hopefully the bees will be there when u collect your bottles. Haha!!

Maroon colour is a unique colour? First time I'm hearing that. Hehe!! But I still prefer lighter colour if I could like baby blue or baby pink.

Was telling my HTB that you are having your solemnisation on the same day as us but yours in the afternoon. He suggested that later in the evening you could come up to the poolside where we are holding our ceremony and we could meet up. Hehe!!

hitsubi

Hi Ann

Hehehe!!
O yes... like 2 lovebees kinda sticker =p

Ya gowns mah, gowns maroon i find it unique, and not to say everyone suits the colour too. Some ppl cant carry off maroon very well. Oo... hee, baby blue &amp; pink very very sweet! ^o^

Ooo, tt's nice of ur HTB! Hehe, yes hor, we can meet up. So interesting. Hee! I hv to go tell my HTB. Haha. I wanna go try their spa!! So nice! Hmm... v ex tho.

pannie

Hi hitsubi.

I chose maroon gown because light colours would makes me look even fatter. Hai....
Need dark colour to hide my fats. Hehe!! Actually when I showed my mum the photo of my gown, the first question she asked was am I fair enough to carry out the colour. I think I am fair enough loh. If I need to get any fairer, I will have to soak myself in bleach le. Haha!!

We should meet up. It would feel so good to be able to meet up finally after so many messages. I was intending to do the spa too.. but agreed with you that it's rather ex. Think I would just satisfy myself with going home to sleep to relax myself. Haha!!!

hitsubi

Hi Ann

Aiyo, say until like that. Sayang.
Hehe, you tell your mom, some girls, altho not that fair, can still carry off maroon colour quite well one. Dun hv to be white fairy. Hehe. So, dun hv to soak in bleach. Hee!

Yaya, hopefully we can meet up! ^o^ It'll be nice like you said. Hee =) Yes, I will discuss the spa thingy with my HTB then see how. Hehe. One of my jie meis encouraging me to go try. She tried once and she's like gaga over it. Haha. You good girl, can curb desire for spa. =p

pannie

Hi hitsubi.

Thanks for sayanging me. Felt so much better le... Kekeke!!

It's not that I can curb my desire for spa... It's just that I cannot take massage. Whenever I go massage, no matter how little strength the person used, I will still end up with my back hurting for days. Sometime, it hurt to the extent that I cannot sleep with my back touching my mattress or sit with my back leaning against the chair. I only like to soak the bathtub which I can do so in my hotel room. Soak till me skin peel off also no one to chase me out. Haha!!!

By the way, do you have a reception table? I'm wondering will they give me one FOC if I request for it.

huhu

hi cvh brides,

Need your opinion. I am considering having my rom in cvh next year. Love the overall package and ambience. but its location is pulling me back as I dun wan my guests to have too much inconveniences travelling to the venue (most of my frens stay in the north and my rom gonna be a fri evening where most probably they are coming straight after work)...

Thus, can i check if location a factor you considered b4 you book the cvh package?

pannie

Hi hui.

Location is also one of the reason why I took up CVH.

My HTB &amp; I are living in the north too. So are most of our close friends. But what me and my HTB want is a place away from the crowd and noise of town area.

CVH is the ideal place for us. Though our friends complain on the location being too ulu or at the other end of the world, but they also agreed that it's a good place to hold our solemnisation too. Nice view.

But I'm holding it on a Saturday evening, that's why it's not too much of a concern on travelling for our guests.

But you are holding it on a Friday, thus you must take into account of the traffic jams on the expressways during off work hours because I think your guests will most likely be driving or taking cabs to the hotel.

hitsubi

Hi Ann

Hee, dun mention it! =) Glad tt u felt better after the sayang. Hehe.

Ooo dear, it sounds really bad. Poorthing. For me, I cant really take the it if the therapist uses too much strength on me, but am still alright. You're right, if you can't take it, and it ends up making you feel so bad, soaking in your tub tub is a good cheap idea. =) So funny, dun soak until ur skin peel la. =p

O yes, I did tell Serena before tt I want a reception table. She said that she's able to do it for me. When I go meet up with Roy (after we set up a mtg with him) with my HTB I will tell him again. But then, it's just a plain table with a cloth lor. For decor perhaps bring down the solemnization decor to put or maybe just hv something simple.

Hi Hui,
Yes, my HTB and myself do look at location too. BUt for CVH, even tho we found it really far, we still want it as it's the feel that we wanted. And we wanted a venue away from the city too. So that takes precedence as well. So, for us, we're like Ann. Hehe.

sillycouple

Gals, the reception table is inclusive in the package.
happy.gif

Perhaps u should suggest to ur coordinator to allow u go down take a look at other ppl's wedding setup prior to urs so that u have a better idea of what to expect?

That's what we did too and at least we can visualize better and plan our stuff~

huhu

hee thanks ann and hitsubi for your insights. I will bear that in mind. Guess we really have to go down and take a look at the venues for oursleves before making our final decision.

Happy marriage to all of you here
happy.gif

pannie

Hi paradise.

You are right. Maybe I should do that. Get my lazy HTB to drop Roy an email. Hehe!!

Hi hitsubi.

Ok lah.. i won't soak till my skin peel... maybe just crumpled only. Haha!!

I ask Roy for the reception table. He say he will provide it to us.
Then I ask him about the free flow of drinks for 3hrs... he say out of goodwill, will give me free flow of drink for 4hrs.
I also ask if my JP and photographer don't eat, need to pay and he say don't need. I think I will have a late breakfast and eat alot so that I won;t go hungry during the dinner reception. Or else I will just go Changi Village for nasi lemak after the whole event ended if I still can walk. Haha!!

sillycouple

LOL my JP wanna stay for dinner so I gotta include him in. I told the PG to stay for dinner also. Pai say mah...

The bride and groom headcount also inclusive in the dinner right?

pannie

Yah loh.. bride and groom also counted.

But hoh... you think you and your HTB got time to eat meh? I think drink maybe lah... eat wise... i don't think so.

Moreover if the JP and PG eat, do they really go and count the number of people at the event?

sillycouple

Ya i oso think we wont hv time to eat lor. tts y i tell the hotel not to close the buffet line when the guests leave. sure got leftover food de lor... when guests leave liao we can eat :p

they sure will count one la. CVH so ngeow :p

pannie

Haha.. I agree with you that CVH rather "ngeow". But I still don't understand how would they know how many pple attend. For mine, it's a standing reception... so no round tables. Everyone will be walking around. Maybe some cheapo pple who came up and mingle around with the guests and eat my food lei. They can't charge me like that also mah.

Maybe I will still tell them to close the buffet line but packet up all the leftover food and later send to my room for my supper. Haha!!!

So you reported the exact number of guests going? They also count kid as full adult pricing.. rather unfair too. how much could a kid eat anyway.

sillycouple

Haha... ya for kid above 5 they charge full i think. lucky i got no kids above 5. All below 5.

Somehow I think they can count esp if the no of pax is less than 50?

Tts y b4 u sign better tally with the registration list so that they cannot charge u more.

pannie

Paradise,

But what I'm worried is later my friends decided to bring their partners along last minute. Then not nice to ask them don't bring mah. But even if they charged me for the additional guest then what if food also not enough lei. Don't look nice on the hosts lei.

My HTB ask me to tell my guests that don't give me wedding gifts.. prefer cash. Haha!!! But I also think cash is more practical loh. Wedding gifts sometimes will turn out to be a waste if you buy something the couple don't like or don't need.

sillycouple

Ha I tell my friends upfront that I hv limited budget and space constraint so cant invite their partners. Cos i hv a strict budget to adhere to and a whole long list of ppl to invite. To pay for those not invited but turn up guests, I might as well use that budget to invite those that I really wanna invite. To avoid that, I tell them upfront that i cant invite their partners. Most understand.

By the way, BAD NEWS!!! Roy has left CVH. Grrrr... We spent time going down to run thru the whole thing with him and he left. Its now 5 days b4 our ROM only.
sad.gif

sillycouple

We are so so disappointed with the staff turnover in CVH.

After discussing with my bf, we've decided we will not hold our AD there anymore. Initially, its one of our choices.

No confidence with them man!

Really regret holding our ROM there despite the nice ambience. Its too expensive a risk to take just for the ambience.
sad.gif

pannie

What!!!

Roy left? That's really very fast. I don't even know. OMG... So now it's back to Irene?

I think you better talked to Irene since she's like "permanently" there.

I never intended to hold my AD there. Don't feel safe with them. They could even screw up small gathering like solemnisation. Then how to take big project like wedding dinner.

My HTB &amp; I were actually thinking of going down to talk to Roy sometime next week on our ROM event. Hai.....

sillycouple

Ann, urs in Oct is it?

If it is, dun bother going down so early! We just went down on 21st June lor, 2-3 weeks b4 our ROM n see what happens!

Waste our time and not say CVH darn convenient to go.

Very disappointed with them.

My bf sent an email listing his expectations for our ROM to CVH yest. Irene replied my email on what I last communicated to Roy but she didnt reply my bf leh.

V sian... keep changing ppl ... if any screw ups they sure say OH miscommunication. TMD...! I forward Irene the last conversation I had with Roy where we tied up all the details and expectations. So if any screw ups and she gonna say its miscommunication huh, then we are gonna blast at them!

CVH really spoilt our beautiful ROM preparation process!

pannie

Yup, mine is in Oct. Then maybe wait for 2 weeks before then go down to do through with them in case they change again.

Hopefully nothing happen for yours. Relax... you are going to be a bride soon. Don't get so work up. Later got too many wrinkles and dark eye rings and eye bags then not too good liao. ^_^

tbkiang

paradise,
Maybe now their headcount turnover period which may happen to many hotel..
Relax and dun let this spoilt your mood.
Tell Irene your concern n I believe she will do her best to help you.
Cheers!!

hitsubi

Aw, paradise... u poor dear... i understand ur frustrations, but like what the rest said, try to cool off a little. Know that it's gonna be hard, coz i think if i were the one, i may feel the same way as u do now. *hugz for u too* Am crossing my fingers for u that things will reli work out smoothly on ur ROM.

Hi hui, u're welcome. =)

Hi Ann,
Hehe, soak until skin become like raisin like tt ah. Hehehe, at least tt is better, i do tt at times too when i go swimming. Juz soak, nvr swim one. =p

I guess like paradise suggested, perhaps can go down a little later to re-confirm what you have previously conveyed to Roy etc... Sigh... Maybe we should ask Irene if she could just handle it as the change of hands is getting a bit err... scary.

Ya ya, u take care of ur tummy, if not u will be bz bz, then I think no time to eat too. =)

pannie

Hi hitsubi.

Don't worry about my tummy going flat.. I only scared it stay bloated only. Haha!!

Just went to check out on my wedding banquet venue for next yr. Alot of dates kanna booked liao. Sob Sob. Hopefully the hotel still had slot available.

pannie

Paradise, when is your date for ROM ah? I only know coming soon but not sure when.

Must tell us then we will write all our well wishes for you here on that day. Then you can read. Hehe!!

pannie

Wah... and all along i thought next week. OMG... my brian gone liao. Ok ok... then I be the first to write well wishes.

I wish that you and your hubby will live happily ever after.. like fairytale like that. Hehe!! Me very fairytale person.

hitsubi

Hee, Ann, u so funny! And jia you for ur wedding banquet venue!! Go grab them! =p Sorry, I a bit siao now, hee.

Hi paradise,
U're welcome, and it's good to hear tt thgs are under control.... TODAY is THE day!! Oooo, exciting! I have a colleague also ROM-ing today!
Hope all is going well, and CONGRATS!!!!!!!! ^o^

I think when it comes to my turn i also cant slp, but mine will be night b4, hee.

pannie

hitsubi,

I might be booking with Novotel for my wedding banquet. I think pple nowadays getting more and more kiasu. Can't believe that they booked their venue 2 yrs ahead. How about you? Holding one?

Wonder how did the event goes for Paradise. Hopefully everything turn out well... if u can't get to sleep the night before, we can always talked in the forum with each other. Hahaha!! But most likely, being Miss Piggy, I would fall asleep one. Haha!!

sillycouple

LOL... I'M BACK!! :p

Well the hotel has been good. They were on their toes and made sure everything was in the order of expectations that we've set for them. So I think it was good that we pre-set our expectations for them.

There were hiccups during the ROM but its mainly on the coordinator side.

I'm done with mine so gals... enjoy ur planning! Haha

pannie

Hi Paradise.

Welcome back!~!~! Enjoyed yourself? How's life like being a Mrs now? Hehe!!

Seems like you are generally satisfy with the event. So tell us more. What hiccups you had and how's the food? Are the food portion given just enough for your guests or there were alot of food left over?

sillycouple

Haha... didnt really enjoy. Was too busy!

Yes hotel wise very satisfied. At least they had the decor done up early, everything was in place b4 the guests arrived. Irene and the ops manager also tried to make sure everything was ok.

Food wise is ok ... not that fantastic. We booked just right. Some items were wiped up but some still left a lot. We didnt eat much cos by the time the guests left, we were kinda tired and sian for seeing the food for so many hours. haha

Hiccups was because our main coordinator was very late and our plans were all delayed. I even had to do some setup myself in my makeup n gown. Imagine how upset i was!

Plus my dad was very very sick that day so that sort of dampened my mood. Worried abt him so couldnt enjoy at all.

pannie

Oh... I hoped your dad is feeling much better now. Reminds me of my graduation ceremony. I was rather sad too when my dad injured himself in a car accident a few yrs back and couldn't attend my graduation ceremony.

I also hate to do the setup myself especially when I'm in my makeup and gown and heels. If in T-shirts, shorts and my nice smelly slippers, I dun mind loh. Hehe!! I will definitely be in a terrible mood if anything cock up and maybe run away from the solemnisation ceremony. But HTB say he will make sure I'm hand cuffed to the bed and will fetch me personally when it's time to solemnise. Haha!!

How many did you catered for? Did you have more guests than reported??

sillycouple

LOL... prepare so long already u cannot run away la.

nope he is still not well.

we have a total of 42 pax including vegetarian guests. We paid for the 42pax.

pannie

Hope that your dad will recover soon.

Who say prepare so long cannot run away? As long as haven sign paper, then can still run. Haha!!

I think I also better report the exact number. Later the food not enough for my guests But I think I will not report the kids... only have 2. So should be ok.

vyn1436

hi paradise
congrats on your rom! Glad everything is smooth and to your expectation except for some little hiccups.
Mine is coming up 20th this month, so bz bz bz keke
Can i ask, how do the hotel prepare the food for vegetarian?

sillycouple

koko thk u!
They serve the vegetarian guests on a 5 course meal.

Ann, kids no need report cos they dun eat much. Those kids will only run ard the place, wont hv time for much food also. haha

pannie

Hi Paradise.

I think I will stuff the 2 kids with lots of macdonald. But I also worried they won't fit into their flower girl dresses later on. Haha!!!

Actually my grandparents will all eat then come. They usually ate at 5pm for dinner. So I scared that there might be alot of food left. Hai... Headache Headache.

hitsubi

Hi Ann,

2 yrs in ahead?? Wah!! Novotel package so far good for u? Oh no, I am not holding a traditional wedding banquet. My HTB and &amp; didnt want one, and our parents are ok with it. =) That's why a solemnization &amp; a simple lunch buffet with close frens &amp; family that's it.

Aiyo, u know, my new job doesnt allow access to the forum, so v hard for me to post. =( Sianz.

Hehe, to think that u can think of the idea of us both chatting with each other if I cant slp the night b4! Kudos to u! Hee, i hope i can piggy like u leh. I cross fingers. If not v tired then lao, nvr slp. Hee.

*LOL* Ann, ur HTB &amp; his handcuff-ing thing, so funny!

For food, just plus minus a bit if worried. Um.. hmm...

paradise,
Good to hear tt things went well! =) Well, apart from the hiccup. But at least it's over now!

O dear, daddy still not well. Hope that he gets well soon.

And lastly, kokobrok! Counting down to urs! Hope u hv a smooth one too! =)

vyn1436

hitsubi, ya! mine is drawing nearer and nearer...do hope everything's gonna be alrite..esp the weather lately has been pretty unpredictable...*cross my fingers*

pannie

hitsubi,

No wonder always have to wait so long then hear from you.

I think chatting with you throughout the night before might be tough... cause I am sure my mum would have chase me to sleep by saying " dun sleep early later, eye bag big big, eye ring dark dark, face skin crumpled like dehydrated apple skin.. " Always say such thing to frighten me one. The most powerful one is " later you become ugly bride" Ah!!!!

My hubby and the hand cuff thingy, he already said that for almost 8 yrs liao (just for yr info, we pak tor for 10yrs liao) and still not tired of it. Not innovative ah all..

You so good. No need to have wedding dinner. I need to. So drag till next yr end, 27 Dec 08. I had booked with Novotel. Their ballroom is beautiful - big, high ceiling &amp; pillarless. Their Bridal suite even better - big, 1 living, 1 bedroom &amp; Jacuzzi in the toilet, with view overlooking the Clarke Quay. Their food review so far is good too. Every brides after their wedding only have compliments and no complains. What more could I ask for? Haha!!!

Hi Kokobrok.
Count down to your ROM. Excited? Almost done?

hitsubi

kokobrok
I will cross fingers for you too! NICE weather for you!! =)

Ann,
Yalor... v cham. Haha, I think sounds like my mom, but i think my mom wont like talk abt eye bags &amp; stuff. hee! But some of my jie meis might be staying over my place, if not they hv to get up even earlier to get to my place. Aiyo! Tell ur mom dun say later u become ugly bride. Wont one! Make-up artist can do the work for us if we fail to slp well... i think... can cover =p

That's a long time =) Good good! Going strong!
Hee, faster tell him to come up with some other innovation ideas. No wonder it doesnt work on u anymore =p

Ya am lucky tt both side parents are alright. If not dinner, I will urrgh, very tiring &amp; am reli not for it. Good that you have booked with Novotel already, and it sounds great!! Pillarless is goodz, high ceiling too! U must show us the pictures afterwards, esp the bridal suite! I think ur wedding din will turn out well! =) Now tt u reminded me on the food review, I recall tt i read positives on it too. Ahh... feeling excited for u =)

pannie

Morning hitsubi.

My mum knows that I hates to put on make up. So she knows I won't like my MUA to put too much make up to cover all my flaws on the face. Like my face the way it is. Natural. Haha!!

On my customary wedding next yr, like you, I think I would also ask my jie meis to come over to my house to stay. Is there a number of jie meis which we are supposed to have? Thought of just having 4 or 5 only. Is that ok?

I also very excited. Haha!! Can't wait for the wedding dinner to come. I heard that walking down the aisle there from the entrance to the stage will take abt 1 min if you walk very slowly or 30 secs if you walk fast. I think that's a long walk down the aisle lei. Haha!!

I will post the pictures up for you to see so you must stay in contact with me even after our solemnisation. Ya?

Now seems like we are the 2 most active people here. Sometimes i wonder where did the rest of CVH couples went to? *scratch head* Wonder will this thread died down after our solemnisation or not.