Cervical cancer vaccine

lavenderkitty

Juz did my cervical cancer vaccine ... cool ..
Apparently it is 100% effective against cervical cancer
happy.gif

lavenderkitty

Quite ok leh .. did it at asiahealthpartners in lucky plaza. I need to go back in 2 month's time for 2nd jab. The final one will be 4 months after the 2nd jab. I tink its worthwhile lor

lavenderkitty

it is $200 for each dose. But i paid $580 for full course of 3 doses - more value for money lor. I checked out the price in kk hospital $640!

lavenderkitty

heehee i am. But i asked the doc whether my sis can hav it - she is 30. The answer is yes, stil effective but best done between 9 to 26

sharon__joseph

i just did some reading and the vaccine for above 26 is halfway thru and expecting to be out in 4years time (and that article was in 2006 so effectively its another 3years to go?)...mayb i will wait till then also coz by then the med should be more developed?

lavenderkitty

yeah i was told abt the study ... but wif time there is also a risk dat we may contract the virus lor .. dats y betta take it earlier, no harm anyway

lavenderkitty

yes .. my sis will be having hers soon .. not sure if all GP clinics hav it. I had mine at asiahealthpartners - 5th floor lucky plaza

candyprincess

hmmm jus a lil info.. its best for below 26 and nt xxx active yet... once u start xxx its nt that effective anymore ... thats wad i heard frm the gynae ...

minimint

hi! i took 2 dosages already. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO KKH!!! they are damn ex! i felt cheated! so i can only advise ppl not to go there. my pte gp only charges $190 per dosage & can pay by each dosage. geez kkh charged me ard 660... and please note that it is not 100% against all strains of the virus. but 100% against 3/4 strains of the virus. look for yr gp, they'll explain to u! cheers!

fiowky

Hey do anyone know if during the 6 mths period, one can still have SXX? My fren said she took her first dosage for $190 and 2nd dosage for $180. The clinic is located at woodlands.

letsayit

hi all, Im foregner by the way, my mom wants me to take this vaccination but I wonder where can I take this. I intend to go to KKH but somebody said here is exp, so dont know where else can I have this? thanks

happygirl7

Hi Tam

The price has gone down. I'm having my 3rd dose in Aug and i paid $500 in all. I had my jab in KKH, as i'm a patient there. You can check out the prices in polyclinics and GP clinics first.

lafollealy

In case anyone is still interested, I got mine for less than $500. It was four hundred something, can't remember exactly how much now, maybe $440? Got it at a private clinic - Liang Clinic along East Coast Road.

loveisgreat

hi, I am interested to get the vaccination too, if four of us (me, my mom and 2 sisters) going, shud have more discount right?

any recommendation in East area?

jassiemint

i heard this vaccine is similar to H1N1 viccine, it is actually does not resolve the problem. can anyone confirm? cos i also want to have it.

last time i heard only virgin can inject it

hermes76

yes, it is NOT 100% effective against all strains of HPV, only the 4 major cancer-causing strains I think, pls check with the GP.

gracelee

The price is now cheaper. Normal price cost $130 per jab. and I actually got special offer for the whole package @ $325.

julia85

i jus took mine last nite @ raffles medical...
now for age 9-26 u can claim medisave...
price is $390 for the 3 doses... excl. consultation fee and gst..

verang12

hi ladies

vaccination could reduce the impact of cervical cancer worldwide.
So we must have the vaccine to protect us from cervical cancel though its quite expensive but its for our own good.

enimsaj85

im doing research on the jabs and just wanted to share the prices thus far:

The Cancer Centre: $450
Raffles Medical $439 (includes one consultation)
Asia Health Partners $468 before GST - no consultation
SGH $120 per jab and $90 consultation fee
Polyclinics (under National Healthcare Group) $324

ronalou_mua

Hi guys

I am interested in getting my vaccine too but im 31 now turning 32 this year, do you think they Dr. will give it to me?

peycheeye

if you are virgin then not never old. coz sexually active ppl might got contract the virus already ( dormant) so the vaccine not effective.

they protect only few type of virus usu those deadly.

mschar

My family and friends going for the vaccine next wed and end of month, 30th April

Neg for $330 nett with consult. Can pay per dose so is $110nett per visit.

Can pm me if u all keen to join in for the price.

kaelync

Hi,
I have a cervical cancer vaccination package (cervarix) to let go at a discounted price of S$288 for 3 jabs with GP consultation. Please email me @ [email protected] if you're interested. Thanks.