Catholic Brides

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

We apologise that the original thread is corrupted and we are still trying to recover the original messages. For the time being, please continue by posting your messages in this thread.

I'll merge all the messages if we are able to recover the original thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

minssy

errrrrrmm... cant remember what was the last conversation going on...

anyway, does anyone know whether its impt to get the solemnizer consent form as required by ROM?

fleur1

Ya, that was i thought. Puzzled to see the whole thread disappeared.

I think we were talking about flowers for the church. I remember cos I am feeling heart ached for the $600 I am paying for the flowers versus $100+ for DIY.
sad.gif

Yes, Minssy, I think it is important to get all the solemnizer forms if your celebrant is also going to be your solemnizer. There is a timeline to get all documents ready. Check ROM website. If you have already ROMed, then I don't think there is a need.

redpinkroses

Hi hi! Yup it was about flowers. Honestly, I had some mild "withdrawal syndrome" from not reading the Catholic brides forum the past 2 days. Hee hee
happy.gif

minssy

hi fleur,

i haven ROM yet.. that means i need to get to get fr tim to fax me his consent form. ROM is ok with non oringinals for this part if i am not wrong.. noted. thanx
happy.gif

hi roidana,

its not fully back yet cos the previous content aint here, yet
happy.gif

we were on flowers ah?

laluna

Hi Minssy,

Remember to file yr notice of marriage 25 days before soleminisation and upon filing ROM will arrange for you to collect yr documents. The day you collect yr documents is the day when you bring along the signed consent form and hand it to them personnally. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

minssy

hi laluna,

thanx.. i filed last sat already and thats where i know abt the consent form lor.. i was given a 2 mornings to go but is it compulsory for both of us to go down to verify the documents?

noted on the signed consent form. i will get from the priest on sunday.
happy.gif

laluna

Hi minssy,

I think it's usual for the couple to go down together. Am not sure if this is the required thing to do...better to call ROM to find out.

laluna

Hi minssy,

Got this from their website. In case you need to call them:

Web site: http://www.rom.gov.sg

Address:
Registry of Marriages
7 Canning Rise
Singapore 179869

Tele-Info Line: 63389987

Main line: 63387808

Fax: 63393328

314169.gif

minssy

hi tratties,

i will send to you in a moment..

i used axxa. u can call mary at 6282 9269. they are located along macpherson. after confirming my final design, i got my card in 3 times...

if you are looking at budget decent ones, i highly recommend isuccess 6337 9220. they are at bencoolen street. however, for isuccess, you need to give a total lead time abt of 3 - 4 weeks.

focal ad & hi tech has good reviews too.. jasvy no deal one.. thats my hotel's official printer but i long heard on how 'good' they can be.

if you have more money to spare, there are some contacts in this sgbrides main forum..

just quickly browse thru the recent wedding cards and u will have a better idea
happy.gif

fleur1

Hi Minssy,
Correct me if I am wrong, but din you file for marriage a bit early since your wedding is in Nov? Ke..ke..;P

Wow, you got your cards quite hassle-free.... I did my cards at Tony International and it was quite a nightmare, with many many many rounds of corrections! For instance, something that was corrected at the first round could re-appear again at the 3rd round.

minssy

hi fleur,

i dun think i am too early to ROM ah.. my AD is on Nov 14 and i filed for it on 23 Sept. Its still within the 3 mths thingy. anyway, my style is that whatever i can do early, i will try, rather than leaving it to the last minute cos i believe that once the cards are out, there will be alotalot more things to be done
happy.gif
hee...

tony international ah? ok never heard in this forum before. i go with the recommendations cos it will not be wrong... so, in the end, how long did they take to do your stuff with 100% accuracy?

fleur1

Hi Minssy,
I thought it is 3 weeks or rather 25 days days before solemnisation as Laluna has said? Anyway, that is what I remember... you have to check again.
happy.gif

Tony International was recommended by one of the priests. They do a lot of brochures, booklets distributed in churches. Anyway, the whole process was so very painful. They din get it right by printing time cos they added something on their own and misspelt the venue. In the end, we had to do a reprint at their cost of course. AND the inserts had to be torn off from my cards for the re-print! The whole hassle was just too painful to remember.

redpinkroses

Hi gals, how's everyone?
happy.gif
Looks like the old thread hasn't been recovered yet. What a pity... there was such a wealth of information there.

Pardon me, cos I don't really know people at the forum. Just thought I'd ask where you gals are in your wedding preparations. Sorry, if a round of introductions has been done before.

For me, my wedding day will be the second half of next year. We're thinking of July 2006. My fiance, who's also Catholic, is pretty much leaving the wedding preparations to me. I'm taking it slow. Just visited a few bridal studios. Probably choosing a hotel to do a sit down lunch after church in the morning. All quite preliminary.

Minssy,
Your AD is 14 Nov... so it's quite soon. Are you excited?

minssy

hi fleur,

first 25 days cannot ROM.. can only do it after this so called 25 days, i think
happy.gif

anyway, my nov 14 falls after this 25 days..

sorry to hear abt your bad experience. normally i am like that: if the experience sucks, i will bad mouth and blacklist it! hahahah

hi red&pinkroses,

yes quite soon.. really excited man!! today fmil just said there will be a lot of things to be done and i agree.. faint... so i will try to do the misc stuff as early as possible else where got time rite? ;)

anyway, if your AD is in july 2006, its still ok.. dun scare you first.. hahaha

liz4jeroen

Hi Very lastminute,

To practice the walk in with the music. You need to pace the timing. Your commentator, choir, to know the sequence. Projector as well if u are screening the readings. Friends decorating yr pews. I think basically that's all.

verylastminute

Thanks Elizabeth. That's what I thought. Anyone else here engaging Philip Lye? We just met with him. He said he doesn't need to be at the rehearsal, which I was quite surprised at.

minssy

hi verylastminute,

oh i will have! just that i know i will not get philip there. so what i intend to do is that we play the march in song, get my timekeeper to estimate how long it would be and we adjust from there.. depending on how long your aisle is also... philip can play as long as your finish walking...
happy.gif

fleur1

Hi Minssy,
Well, am not trying to badmouth any shop here. Just sharing my experiences and albeit my frustrations here. Maybe shouldn't have listed out the shop name, but you will understand if your beloved invitation cards had to be torn off for re-prints, ya... Keke...

minssy

hi fleur,

yeah.. know what u mean... i will feel equally upset too.. that was such an unnecessary nightmare... and not to mention the wasted time & effort....

fleur1

Hi Elizabeth and Minssy,
Yes, it was a total nightmare. I think so far, this is the one unhappy incident in the wedding preparation process.

Hi Pink&Red Roses,
July is a good time away. Just about right to get everything ready at a good pace. Are you getting ready a home at the same time?

phy_o

Hi everyone,

Been busy and off. Happened to look around today and realised that the old thread is gone. What a pity!

roidana

Hi girls,
Just want to share that i just returned from EE today. wonderful experience.

For those who are going soon, you will have a wonderful experience.

happy.gif

redpinkroses

Hi Fleur,

Yes, I need that amount of time to lose weight! Seriously, I look so big in the wedding gowns that I've tried. It looks like I immediately put on 3kg. No, we're just renting a place for now. How about you?

roidana

Hi Minssy,

My FH's a non-catholic, was really apprehensive abt joining, was quite straining to get him to go. But he was rather comfortable there, in fact, he learnt quite abit abt the religion in a non threatening way. Other than the compaint abt the lack of his weekend sleep, he was pretty much ok with it! thank God.

Quite an experience. For those couples attending the EE soon, you'll enjoy it.
happy.gif

s_lavender

hi everyone, am wondering if anyone has florist to recommend?? think most florist charge ard $500.. know of any charging $300-$400??? thanks alot!

vvbbb

hi roidana,

glad you enjoy the EE, i'm pretty excited abt it too and hopefully i will enjoy it as much as your FH
happy.gif

btw, i think i posted a qn before this thread disappear (i hope i'm not the cause of it).
On wedding day, I wanted to meet my groom in church but my parents insist that i should be out of the house by 7am!
How do you all plan to go about it? Meet in church or Groom fetch bride?

liz4jeroen

Hi Viv,

You can do either actually but depends on yr parents and yrself. Most of my friends, the groom came to the house to pick their bride as most are Chinese. But I have one meet the groom in church. Hope this helps.

roidana

Hi Viv,

Hope you will enjoy the course as much as i did.

I am also planning to meet my groom in church, so i hope to arrange my church wedding at 9am.

In your case, seems like you have to ask your groom to fetch you the chinese way....unless your church service is at 8am ?

fleur1

Hi Viv,

My recommendation... The groom can come and fetch the bride to church and the bride can wait in the church's recess till it is time to start the wedding mass/ service. That way, you can satisfy the parents and still appear to have it done in the western style in the eyes of the guests.

Hi Minssy and Red&Pink Roses,
We bought our own place. Thought might as well, so as to avoid moving home twice. I actually think it is quite fun to do a new home together as part of the wedding preparation process. The downside of it is that it can be quite siong. Haha... So many things to do. My wedding is in early Dec and there are so many things to do for the new house! Anyway, Red&Pink Roses, don't worry too much about the weight. Just choose a cut, mermaid, princess, halter, bustier etc that flatters you the most. I think all brides look good on their wedding day.

Hi Lavender and Miss Virgo,
I think you can try Lil'Art. My friend used them cos they are quite economical. I can't say about the quality though, cos it has been a while and I can't remember how her church wedding looks like. However, they are mostly booked, I think. Personally, I am using June Florist. They are quite established.