Caterer for Church reception - need advice

pebbleberry

Hi,

I will be getting married in a church wedding and am looking for a caterer. Any recommendations on a good one -good quality food and nice presentation....do u think Blue Ginger is good and worth it?

sweets

Hello Pebbleberry,
we used Smiling ORchid..owner is a christian as well..and their standard is very good. Even have on the spot cooking items and very nice decor. can try them
happy.gif
http://www.smilingorchid.com.sg/catering.html

minx

hi pebbleberry,

I used Mum's kitchen for my church wedding reception. $10/pax .. very nice deco and good comments on food.

pebbleberry

Thanks for all your good advice
happy.gif
I spoke to staff from Blue Ginger & average price was about $25....it's a bit on the high side.

dec03wedding

Hi, Pebbleberry

Got quotes from most of the caterers and spoke to a handful like Kriston, Smiling Orchid, Elsie's Kitchen, Q'zine, Select.. In the end, armed with all that research, just bargained on the freebies since the companies go by package price $8, $10 or $12 or $15 and so on. I went with the one who was most accomodating and gave me what I wanted, like more staff, stand-alone counters, tables, non-disposable plates etc., with no extra cost.

rhs

We used Angeli for our church wedding and everybody said the food was very nice. However, we didn't choose the wedding package which includes flower arrangement and table decoration since we had less than 100 guests. But it looks good on their website.
http://www.angeli.com.sg

priviledged

Hi Pebbleberry,
Sorry, I don't think Java Link has a website. I'm not in Singapore now so I don't have all the details. You can try calling 6278 4088 and ask for Tan. (Ms Tan)
I think her handphone no may be 9762 3874. Hope this is the correct Ms Tan, whose no. I found in my PDA.

mooee

Hello ve,

So which did u choose in the end? Was the food good?

Pebbleberry,

I did hearthat Javalink is good, also recently friends attended a church wedding, caterer was Kriston,and they commented the food is good. I am looking for caterer too. BUt yet to get down to research. Will be glad if u hv anything to share.

Thanks.

durianlover

hey any comments on CJS and Kriston?
am kind of deciding between the 2...
CJS is cheap! but the faxed menu doesn't look as professional as Kriston's
haha...shows how shallow i am to judge by the cover!

butterfly

Hi girls,
I'm also looking for a caterer for my church wedding. By the way, Select Catering is having an 'open house' on 3rd April. Just go to their website and register. www.select.com.sg

Any other good caterer to recommend? I think i'm more particular about the decorations, flowers, etc etc.. HA haa.. I don't like those old-fashioned decorations.. Prefer something simple and nice.. But also cheap! HAaa.. Any suggestions?

pebbleberry

hey girls,

do you have any good florist to recommend for church decorations? Have you heard of Spellbound and Redbox? Not sure whether they are good or not....

minx

Hi Hi Pebbleberry,

If you have a budget constraint, you can go to Amanda's florist. Look for Catherine. All in all, my church deco was less than $250.

butterfly

Hi Pebbleberry,
Since you've settled on the caterer, why not ask them to decor your church as well? I was thinking of doing this so both the main sanctuary and reception place will have similar decoration. I'm not sure if this can be done. MAybe you just top up a few hundred dollars and ask them to buy extra flowers.. Can or not ah? HEeee...

Minx,
Does Amanda's florist have any website? Thanks!

pebbleberry

I was thinking of that but I heard something bad about their in-house florist from some people. I heard that the sponge on floral arrangement was exposed so am not sure whether to get them or not.

minx

Hi Pebbleberry,

For my church deco, Amanda Florist supply me the flowers and deliver to the church. My helpers put up the deco for us. The boss Katherine called up my helper and explain to her how to put all the flowers in place.

I have the pews flowers and ribbons, two floral stand at the altar and two chairs with floral deco.

durianlover

hi Minx,

can i ask if u had flowers on every pew? how many pews did the church have?
$250 is really cheap! am interested...

sweets

garfield,
I used smiling orchid for my wedding. They did a really fantastic job with the budget and food and all!

garfield33

Hi sweets,

How much did you pay per pax? Does it includes flowers and cloths and all? Or flowers have to pay additional? Do they have flower arch to choose from?

angela_sharon

garfield,

You can also try Royal Catering. Their food are quite good and on top of that u can use their flower arch for the church and then get someone to bring to the reception (which I suppose will be in a church hall). FYI I have used them since my 21st birthday right to my wedding and just lately for my son's christening.

minx

hi durianlover,

I had flowers on alternate pews and the other alternates were all ribbons. Did abt 20 of them

childlike

hi ladies,
i need help on search for caterer.i want sth with nice food and nice tablet setup. looking at lavish, CJS, javalink, rasel, and angeli. but so far, i only managed to contact lavish. anyone has e contact person for the rest of the 4 caterers? i tried emailing from their website but no reply.

blueice

hi ericia,
juz chanced upon this thread, hope my reply isnt too late.. javalink can contact ms tan @ 62784088 or foo pei pei @ 90079632. rasel can contact terence lim @ 67777183. angeli can contact xing luan @ 63440969 or 63441995 or manager mr lee ten @ 96688056. hope this helps! good luck w ur search.. im still searching too
happy.gif

magaz

hi all

i am also searching for a caterer. want to ask how's the procedure like... example, do they actually let us try the food before we confirm them as our caterer? looking for one for church wedding. Saw that some caterers have a wedding menu and also a reception menu. just wondering if anyone knows what's the difference between these two? Have always thought that a reception menu would be okie..how come suddenly got wedding menu leh? pls enlighten...

wilest

am scouting good caterers for the morning tea ceremony.. anyone? would like to hear recommendation... hmm budget ranges not more than $12/head

mehmeh_lim

hihi!!

u may want to try Neo Garden, gd food & shd have a range of menu to meet ur budget
happy.gif
My family always engage them for gatherings or celebrations.. The rendang chicken shdn't be missed!

blueice

I had Rasel for my church wedding and alot of my guests commented that the food was v.nice, and the decor also nice, not old fashioned. mine was $12/head

tootz

Hi Minx

Can i just confirm that Amanda's florist is located at Concorde Shopping Centre #01-38? Any contact person to look for? Appreciate your feedback... thanks!

ccc

agree with mehmeh that Neo gdn is good
happy.gif
two thumbs up! Tasted different from normal caterers food. Food weas neither oily.

cutebaby77

For your info.

Recently I just ordered buffet from Angel's Restaurant, their food is not nice, not fresh & food was given very little. My guests even told me that this is the 1st time they saw such a small box of water & is not enough for my guests too.

sylmc

BTBs who are looking around for a caterer to provide on your wedding day. Check out Rasel Food Fusion. I have engaged them to provide lunch @ our house for my sister's wedding in and when it was my turn to get married, I engaged them again to cater for our 320 guests. We are extremely pleased with their food quality and presentation!

To have a better idea on Rasel - Stay tune on Channel 8, next thu 8pm, on christmas day. Rasel will be featured on air under the variety show of 'Yong Yuan Chi Bu Fei'. MediaCrop is filming their wedding buffet presentation. Zhen Shi Mei is one of the food testers. The sneak shots for next thu episode is already on air now.

871084.jpg

veracity

Hi all!

I'm also looking for a church tea reception (~3.30-4pm) caterer.

I q like Qzin, but not read much abt them from forum. Anybody have any thoughts or heard stuff?

verena

hi veracity, i'm also looking for church cocktail reception. My ceremony is at 2pm so reception should be about 3pm. Maybe u can try a few established caterers like Rasel (above), Stamford, Kr*ston, Purple Sage, Lavish Dine etc...just a few that I've short-listed myself too.

potatochips

I'm also catering from Rasel for my wedding in September. Have arrange sampling with them and it was well receive by my parent.

sylmc

I doubt so. I've met up with Lavish Dine, Stamford and Rasel and all 3 do not provide free sampling. It is only possible if you have confirmed the catering with them.

veracity

Hi brides

Has anyone engaged Rasel for tea cocktail receptions before? Want advice on what menu items were gd, and what less popular ones to avoid.

Hope to hear from you!

sylmc

Lavish was also one of the cateres whom I have shortlisted. Have to admit their variety is also interesting. But I have to give them a miss as they charged extra for melamine plates, spoons and forks.

catholic

Mint, i told my friend about it too. Glad that they are arranging one this year. I went to their last year workshop n it was so beautiful. Food yummy too! I did order from them for my wedding too

caseylee

Hi Jess

I went for their workshop and it's way better than expected. the selection is really alot and i love their newly created flower desserts!