cancellation of wedding penalties etc

geniuspear

Hi,

my wedding is schedule at MBS on mid oct 2016. Just last night, i caught my fiancee lying about been at home and she was with a guy at clarke quay. this is nt the first time and i think it was the last straw. im calling off the wedding banquet. there is no trust and if i tink problems will surface again next time

im willing for forfeit all the deposits however theres about 6 months and 1 week to my wedding date.

according to mbs contract clause, if termination 9 mths before is 40% full charges and 6 months is 100% full charges ( wow ). Does it mean that i cancel any time within 6 mths is 100%? Or does it mean that anything between 6 and 9 months is 40%?

Seriously 100% is about 50k, i have already fork out at least 10k over for deposit of all the packages, proposal ring and 4 dian jing etc.

since the contract is signed by 2 party, is she liable for the penalty charges as well? ( 50-50 )

Please advise

meiji5

you could probably discuss this with MBS as they didn't indicate the penalty if it was between 6-9 months. Give it a try, hopefully they won't forfeit you 100%.

As for your fiance and you for the liability of the charges, I believe MBS would not be concerned. It would be a matter between the both of you and how amicably this can be resolved.

all the best!

Hi,

my wedding is schedule at MBS on mid oct 2016. Just last night, i caught my fiancee lying about been at home and she was with a guy at clarke quay. this is nt the first time and i think it was the last straw. im calling off the wedding banquet. there is no trust and if i tink problems will surface again next time

im willing for forfeit all the deposits however theres about 6 months and 1 week to my wedding date.

according to mbs contract clause, if termination 9 mths before is 40% full charges and 6 months is 100% full charges ( wow ). Does it mean that i cancel any time within 6 mths is 100%? Or does it mean that anything between 6 and 9 months is 40%?

Seriously 100% is about 50k, i have already fork out at least 10k over for deposit of all the packages, proposal ring and 4 dian jing etc.

since the contract is signed by 2 party, is she liable for the penalty charges as well? ( 50-50 )

Please advise
Yes, it means you would have to pay them 100% of the package. Don't think it is negotiable since both of you sign the contract with eyes opened and after they explain the charges to you clearly. However, I guess if you are able to find another person who can take over the package, it should be fine. Not easy I would say. And no, they won't bother about liability. Both of you are liable. No such thing as 50%-50%.

geniuspear

i was wondering if both of us were to ignore the charges, who will be penalize? or rather receive legal action? 50k is no joke

and she is the 1 screwing around while im working my ass off for her sake

i was wondering if both of us were to ignore the charges, who will be penalize? or rather receive legal action? 50k is no joke

and she is the 1 screwing around while im working my ass off for her sake
ermm...yes. They can take legal action against you. don't play play with contract that has been signed. If you get sued, you would be paying more than 50K (About 150K) including legal charges. Don't joke around. It's either you try to sell the package on gumtree or Carousell or maybe reduce to lesser tables or try to patch up and went through the "fake" wedding. Think carefully first.

kewpie20

sorry to hear that.. at least u found out earlier. what abt transfer the package? saw some ppl doing that. hope u can settle soon!

buddhabar

Lucky you , and i am not being sarcastic .
It may cost you 50k now but I think the price to pay is way higher should this happen much later on. Count your blessings, better times ahead for you i am sure. Money is really superficial in this context. You will make back the money with some pain of course but you could have just avoided a lifetime of miseries.

meimei1601

The penalty is by law and both of u signed. If u get her to pay for 50 50.. than she would said she is not the one who wants to cancel it.. it is u who ask for it... so the best thing is... sell the package to someone else or go thru it without signing the dotted line... well... If she knows Ur plan.. will she even turn up.? So should u invite Ur relatives? How about asking reduce the table? Instead of a wedding. . U might do something else or some other celebration?