Cabin Crew Brides-To-Be??

wyxq

Yesyes! I am one of the cabin crew here. I am with SIA. How about urself?
happy.gif
And why do you start this thread for?

bearbit

hi babes.. my AD is june next year wat about yours?

start this thread for fun and to share stuff with each other =)

bearbit

Congrats Jacqueline!! so have you gals settled things like your house renovation?

Where are you gals holding your wedding. I'm havin my wedding banquet at Swissotel Stamford June 10 2007

techgal

Welcome,esther
happy.gif

Bearbit, I bought my place at The Quartz..not ready until 2010..Can relax in the meantime..My banquet is at marina mandarin

Ladies, care to share which bridal shop, photographer n videographer..

Mine is

BS: Bliss Bridal
PG: Sam Wong
VG: Kevin Yap

i thinking of place to take outdoor shot for my bridal. Any recommedation?

techgal

esther..where u book yr hotel?

initally mine is feb 08 but the hotel told us they dnt have package for 08 and they will increase price every year thus..we decide to host in 07 instead..

esther_c

Banquet @ Raffles Hotel
AD Photographer:Kim & bernard
VG:Christopher Tay (HiLO Production)

the rest includ BS haven't settle yet...hehehe

esther_c

yup prices CONFIRMED will go up every year....
sad.gif

and dun forget in our contract with the hotel states we are subjected to the prevailing tax rates of the govt....which means unless we hold our wedding b4 CNY,we are not exempted from the 7%

esther_c

Outdoor/Studio,most likely i will take kim or bernard.....like that then will get a better deal.....so joanne ,if u can take the package under your AD photographer....then have discounts

oh by the way the BS i have in mind is Bridal Veil

esther_c

Me tried to apply premiere didn't get it so now waiting to c got what other developments on this island.......

the Quartz,sounds nice,where is it?(sorry me a mountain tortoise)

esther_c

this forum is very addictive,it's like i will automatically check everyday to read stuff......but i must say it had been very informative...the same questions in our heads are the ones discussed here.....hehe

techgal

The Quartz Condo is located at Compassvale Bow. Developer is Guucoland..Juzt next to Buangkok MRT...good ammenity ard it..you can go see see look look

techgal

activated to do CGK turn liao...U 345 crew? I kana a/c turn back in EWR..stuck 2 days..ended up 8 day pattern
sad.gif
have a good flight
happy.gif

esther_c

by the way i am sourcing for printer for the wedding cards.....hotel recommended jasvy.....but seems like threads on it very -ve remarks.....

have u gers source around for printer yet?

techgal

Ladies,

anyone went for marriage preparation course? I read abt some of the comment in the forum n is thinking of going.

queenie_30

Hi ladies,
interesting to see thread for us,cabin crew.Already had my wedding dinner last year.Try to help u gals if i can.

esther_c

yo queenie....we welcome your advice!by the way care to share with us where you held your banquet...AD PG,VG etc.....

JY:marriage preparation course?my church has such a programme for couple getting married......it's very impt to go...."prepares" us mentally what married life is like...

esther_c

JY:me haven't got wedding bands,wine,printer too!

my JP will be 1 of the pastors at my church....officate @ banquet during first march in.....
happy.gif

bearbit

My wedding details:

AD: June 10 2007
Venue: Swissotel the Stamford
BS: Z Wedding D'sign
AD videographer: Chris (Hilo Productions)
Love Nest: Serangoon Central Resale Flat

Esther: seems like we have the same videographer.. hee so do u have the contact for the AD photographer and the package? I have yet to decide yet. You are right that the forum is very addictive..

I'm so glad that my contract with Swissotel is nett price so not affected by the rise in GST. =)

JY: me and my FH have been wantin to go for the wedding prep course but you know how our schedule is like, always out station and most courses are at fixed days.. and now we are so busy with house renovation, i spend all my off days on the house reno cos I engaged different contractors instead of gettin ID.

bearbit

Esther: when i met chris (videographer) yesterday i think he told me about you.. he said that you are also a cabin crew and your case quite special cos altho the wedding is 2 years from now but you aredi booked the venue and engaged his services.. =) wat a coincidence..

Joanne: how many tables do you intend to have?

techgal

Queenie30...Welcome n thanks..I think will need your advise..

My HTB is working shift-work and both of us hardly have common off day..

How much time do u think i need to get my photo done b4 my AD? Do u think 4 month b4 our AD is ok?

nowsday i get headache when rooster is out..i need to change flight to attend class...next few months need to change more flight to attend class n get wedding stuff done

techgal

Bearbit: I looking at 20-28 table..My ballroom max is 30 tables..trying to shink the size but my HTB have alot of frens..

techgal

bearbit: Glad u start this thread..It real fun to have like-minded ppl talking about same stuff..who know..next time this is another "private" COF for cabin crew BTB

bearbit

Hi JY =) thanks, i'm happy to have you gals making this thread lively.

I also agree tat it's real fun to have like-minded pple.. cos we know how much problems we can face cos we are constantly overseas. Now, whenever I have off days, it would be spent on my house renovation or wedding preparation.

Luckily you have more time to prepare for your house cos it's still not ready. I think 30 tables is a comfortable number, my hotel requires me to have minimum 40 tables, the mere thought of coordinating the guest list is givin me a huge headache.

With regards to your photo question, i think it all depends on your bridal studio, my wedding is in june next year and my photo shoot is scheduled in feb, approximately 4 months before the wedding. So i guess you should have more than enough time =)

I'm goin AKL tom, my 4th AKL this year.. very sian but at least it's a station where u wont spend much.. talk to you gals when im back!!

queenie_30

Hey all!
I'm not too sure if I can absolutly help caz I din hv a hotel wedding dinner,no cheesy champ pouring,din take posey wedding pics,din wear a white nor an evening gown etc...
I had it at a yacht club,buffet dinner,got real cake cutting though & wore pants.

ROM cum AD:Sep 05
Venue:RSYC
PG:jayce
VG:sam(freelancer)
Love nest:Resale EA Jurong west since Jul 05(yes,very far)

esther_c

Bearbit:ya same videographer....hehehe yes mine 2 yrs away!Chris 's very friendly.....i met him @ peninsula plaza BK......i recognised him instantly from the web photo!ha

& ur hotel's nett price.....i didn;t know got such thing...leh....that's good!escape the 7 %

esther_c

Queenie: hey of cos u can help!experienced mah.....hehehe
i think yours's very unique wedding.....u wore pants like eveyln tan (darren lim's the other half).....

we gals need loads of advice like compiling your guest list,where u got your cake (i'm sourcing for it....have a pix of the ideal cake on hand),invitation prints....what to look out for etc

esther_c

Bearbit:my Ad photographers....u can check it out @ avenue 8 webpage...highly recommended is bernard teo.....u should also check out threads on avenue 8...alot of good words put in for him.....

he will be my coloured photographer on AD...the B&W photographer is Kim (his website:www.kim.com.sg).The rates are all clearly stated on his webpage....see if u are comfortable with that and most impt u must like their "style"....and when u have decided on whom....MUST meet up together with your HTB to see if u guys have chemistry anot....

if u need their contacts.....just like me know....

esther_c

& of cos me and my darlin met up with both of them & we both agreed both are great!....Kim's a little more reserved,but hey he produces quality work!Bernard too....i must tell you...both of them are "hot"....snapped up early for PG,AD....Early bird eats the worm (ha saying correct anot huh?)

esther_c

By the way....i think wedding preparation 's kinda of fun!i settled the big things like hotel,photographer,videographer......so rite now...i'm on a hunt for wedding cakes and printer for invitation cards!Got lobang,we share k?

I guess we all here have 1 thing in common:we are constantly flying...sometimes hard to plan....and coincide with HTB's working hours and schedule...haiz

esther_c

oh ya wine....i flew with IFS peter ong.....he says he got lobang for wine.......so far i haven't contacted him yet.......u gals.....know anything about wine?red wine in particular....i know nuts about it...guess affter the Vine to Wine course...still confused ne

esther_c

by the way i realised you gers are inviting alot of guests....mine targeting at 20 tables "nett".....

HTB & i wanted even maybe 15 tables & less but after compiling on guest list...realise more and more names pop up.....hahaha

passionveil

Hi ladies,

I am a U graduate with great passion in Makeup and hairdo. As such I am currently a freelance professional Makeup Artist for some big events. My joy is to ensure the plain Janes look glamourous and pretty ones look even more fantastic. Hence, I would like extend my assistance to those who have tight budgets for their weddings or Dinner and Dance events. I do not want any lady to settle for something mediocre due to price factors.

Hence, anyone that wish to have your best look on your special day, please email me at

[email protected].

Share with me your needs and constraints and i can help you with my offers and share with you my portfolio.

Passion

queenie_30

Hey mei mei,
ya i heard evelyn wore pants.Coincidentally,our hb got same 1st name.Kekekeke!!!!!
My cake & wedding favours(cookies) were all done by my ex team gal.She has a passion for it.
My guest list grew fr 30 to 70 pax.I wanted an intimate wedding but it grew so still ok lah.
Guest list is 1 of the toughest til the very last wk still re-doing esp if u hv LOTS of guests lor.For me,my hb kept adding.My wedding very simple lah,got a fren to design my invitation card,very unique like post card.
How's ur guest book?Got mine fr Prints at citylink,got my best fren to snap polaroids then pasted on it & guests to sign watever.Quite alot of work getting ALL guests to sign.
For wines,my guests not really drinkers so jz got a few btls & the club gv free corkage.Think red wines somehow still more popular lor despite watever u r serving.