Bride Back-out from Wedding

cheekrene

Does anyone experience friend who are getting married in a month but suddenly the bride start to back out from wedding?

gracelourdes

u mean, she's a s'porean version of the "Runaway Bride"? faintz...if everyone takes marriage so lightly, i bet our rate of divorces would be the same as US

graceyong

ohhh cheekrene, any news? I heard before but it is not that easy in asia countries but my dad friends'son did it. Invitation all out and 1 month beofre the groom cancel it. And of course, parents friends and relatives talk about it; but yet in some way they would end it with, so paiseh thing but at least didn't do it then regret wtih children even worse!

cheekrene

well, both of them cancelled everything.. no wedding at all... since then, they no longer contact each other...

cheekrene

the supposed bride-to-be was not ready for marriage. another reason is also due to the age gap. what i understand is the lady was 5 years older than the man. she is already in mid-thirties so dont understand why she is still not ready.

graceyong

a lot of reasonss i guess.... enjoy the singlehood. worry of people gossips... haha so when is your AD chekrene?

happinessbliss

I also have a frd who backout from the wedding... and the worst thing is she back out the nite b4 the wedding... the poor poor groom... i did not talk to her ever since... so irresposible...
sad.gif

happinessbliss

She fall out with her bf... then knw this FH who treat her really really well. And I think he is a really nice chap. But she nvr forgot her ex bf. Worst is she told me on the nite b4 her wedding that she purposely knw her FH to spite her ex bf. She also purposely spread the news abt her marriage so that her ex bf will be anxious... well she did get what she wanted... she is back with her ex-bf and eventually married him... but the poor FH... i don't knw how he went thru the ordeal...
i was so upset with her and nvr want to speak to her again... how can she ruin another man's life just cos she wans her ex-bf back????? damn... thou it happen a few yrs ago but to think abt it, my blood still boils...

phantazia

might as well as for the bride n groom's name. So sad hor......initally i thot the bride was having Pre-wedding jitters. Wonder how's the guy. Can't imagine if he had paid for everything. Toking abt it, i was so afraid i will end up like a runaway bride too. Sumtimes i feel i m ready, at times i m worried abt the man tat i m gonna marry. I dunno wat i shld do. At least i still hv a turning back chance. Bt dunno if i shld turn back.

smileybride09

hi mel,

it's norm to have such feeling.. i used to hv tat few mths back and really broke down.

it was so bad that i wld cry on and off and even hv nitemares.

my family and FH r very supportive and help me pull thru it..

if need to, do seek conselling.

most impt is to let ur FH know ur feeling and thots. a gd FH wld be able to listen to u and help u to overcome ur fear of getting married.

all the best and hope u wld hv the confidence to get married.

stay happy and be a beautiful bride ya..
happy.gif