Blusher to recommend

adelinekhoo

~Ladies,

My blusher is finishing soon and i've tried loreal, bodyshop and clinque but seems cant last for whole day.

So will like to hv some recommendation for really good and nice blusher.

Thanks alot..
happy.gif
happy.gif

felicity

Gosh. you can finish blushers!!! i never finish mine...before i have to go get a new one cos (1) its old (2) i jus have to get a new color.
i use shu u. you can try. its gd. the pigment is deep. have to barely apply a little. lasts for days. ;)

starmoon

i second shu uemura blush...very nice colours and good range of colours. Anna Sui is oso not bad...very nice casing and very cute and small purple puff.

felicity

starmoon ;p
what colors do you have? i have tried their peach, pink, amber and purple. am trying to convince fh to let me try their plum color.

starmoon

hi adel
i think it was like 42...something like dat...can't remember the exact.

hi anna
me used their different shades of pink so far...haben try the rest...so which one u like best? perhaps i'll give it a try next time.

felicity

starmoon
which pinks have you tried so far?
i am still exploring what i like best best. can't decide. sometimes i like them all. sometimes i dun.

adel
diff colors match diff clothes and create diff image. eg. pure pink blush with no peach undertones will not go well with yellow clothes. something brown, peach or amber (red brown) goes better. pink blush can be used to create the very blushed and nude glossy lips image very popular with sugar sweetness. peach amber can be used to create healthy more active glow or when you emphasize your lips etc. also i dun think strong pink blush goes well deep red or bright red lipsticks so you need a few to mix and match.

for some brands you can't see the diff cos the color selection is few and also the color is not as strong.

hayashi
i have used MAC too but i prefer Shu. MAC is not bad as well for blush. i used to own angel. but that was a long time ago. except i really hate how the adverts scream sex and tartiness.

starmoon

hi anna
hmmm...me oso dunno leh...how to describe leh??? so far i stick to all the lighter colours one..cos i think at least if not enuff can add more colour rather than have a strong one lor. maybe i not used to strong colours lor...prefer pastel kind.

adelinekhoo

Hi Anna,

Wow u really sound pro leh. Think i might juz try Shu. Actually i like pink shades cuz i apply glossy lipstick or at times no lipstick applied. hee..

Any idea tt i can make blush last longer?

hakida

hey anna,

okie,i will try SHu in future....

Adel,

i think u use those cream type instead of the powder type....should be able to last longer...

starmoon

hi adel

i think Origins got this "pinch your cheeks" quite natural and lasting...but gotta blend it in cos it is like creamy kind...something like paint. think dat one can last quite long cos my fren tried before...me lazy kinda so wun want to spend so much time blending it so didnt buy.

felicity

adel
shu blushes already last me the entire day... so i nvr think of how to make them last longer. if you really need to, dust on top with loose powder after blusher.

or can go for cream blushers but those are much harder to blend. you'll hv to blend like a fiend.

starmoon
i mean the numbers. shu blushers come in numbers. 33e for eg sells really well here. although i am not quite a fan of that color. shld go check out 19d but is not available locally. there is a big rave abt that color but i din really like it. its bright red in the pan but a peachy pink when applied. gd if you like peach.

racherlle

hi starmoon!!!

yup i'm using Origins "pinch your cheeks"! loved this kind of blusher. hav to blend.. hehe tat's the only prob.. used to use Becca's blusher but they stop coming in to SG already..

b2b3m4

racherlle n starmoon,
i had wanted to try origins "Pinch your cheeks" but when i try it out at the counter, it looked really red. Need to check, after blending, wld u be able to achieve literally a "pinch your cheeks" natural look or very make-up like??? N is it very difficult (n take very long) to blend??

Anyone has suggestions for natural looking blusher. Those that will make u look glowing n healthy?

starmoon

hi anna
oh, my first one is that 33e....not bad leh...got many compliments
happy.gif

hi racherlle
me nebber use that...actually i love it as well but i can't seems to blend it well so in the end, nebber buy lor...but one of my fren who has it can really blend it so looks very nice.

hi b2b3m4
yah, after blending it really looks like ganna pinch like dat...cos the sales asst help me blend so of course nice nice lor...kekekeke...for me, it is difficult to blend in cos prob i'm not used to it...prob after more practice, will be a breeze to put on lor.

felicity

racheele & starmoon
how much is the origins pinch cheeks blush? what colors does it come in? where do they sell this in sg?

how does this compare to shu u? can describe?

sowie

Hi Lourdes

This Benefit brand is not sold in Spore right? only in US....I know Sephora dun ship internationally..........did u get it in US directly?

starmoon

hi anna
i think itz around 30-40...cant remember liao. u can check out robinsons raffles city or isetan scotts...they do have counters there.

b2b3m4

lourdes,
Have visited the website u posted. wow! looks really interesting. Have u tried their other products? Like their eye cream, dr feelgood, ooh lah lift. How much much more do u need to pay for the shipment?

lourdes

i bought one dandelion ( $26.00 ) and two lemon-aid ( $18.00 each )
3 items $62.00 + shipping $20.50 = total $82.50 in usd
convert to sgd is $139.84

sowie

Hi Lourdes

I was looking at the peach one too.....now wondering if i shld buy that too......hey is the Lemond-aid useful? will it make us look yellower since we're asians.....i thot lemon aid may be more useful for the ang mos

sowie

Hi Lourdes

I read some bad reviews on lemon aid. Is it really that hard to apply it on? Will this clash with our Asian Skin tone?

sowie

Hi Lourdes

In amazon.com lor.....some say very hard to apply on....texture too sticky etc.....

Hey is it like cream concealor texture?

lourdes

hi sowie,

i only apply on the eyelid area but if you gona apply other places like lower eyelid than i think not suitable cos very hard to apply and somehow dry...

not really cream texture, is soft texture kind.

hi adel,

they give me eyecon sample but i never use, don't know whether good or not...

racherlle

hi B2 & anna!~!

Yup this kind of creme blusher is very natural..
hehe alot of pple always assume that i have natural pinkish cheeks very healthy and sporty looking
happy.gif

yup u have to blend well.. not tat difficult.. u juz have to get the proportion rite.. juz press a little out and blend.. practice makes perfect!

b2b3m4

Thanks racherlle, think i will go n get the sales lady to try it on me.

Ladies,
anyone interested to buy benefit cosmetics? Maybe we buy tog n save on shipping cost.

sowie

Hi ladies

I ordered the Dandelion blusher....gotta rave to u gals that it's really as good as it says on the reviews......esp for fair skin gals.......it's so natural tat i looked like i had faint rosy pink cheeks from exercising.....totally natural looking, makes me look healthier......try to pool orders to split the shipping costs...I ordered mine from the Benefit website directly.....got it within 2 weeks of ordering....

Best is you wont' have to worry about overdoing it and having 2 apple cheeks instead.....cos the powder is quite light in pigmentation....u can dust over yr forehead and chin for a healthy glow....totally worth the price.....

sowie

Hi Adel

For below USD50 buys, shipping is USD18.50....above USD51 to ???, it's USD20.50....estimation la....please check the website for more info