Bishan Area

mehmeh_lim

hi ade,

U prob need the floor plan for a more accurate quote.. You can also start browsing magz for ideas, so as to better let ur ID know ur likes & dislikes. Otherwise, if u really want the ID to work for your money, get the ID to conjure up sthg really interesting & unique! heehee

asper

Hi Mehmeh,

Thanks for the tips. Been browsing some magz but either find the designs too similar or impractical. Any good magz to recommend?

mehmeh_lim

hi ade,

generally feel the same.. designs are similar, but guess tt's becoz of trends? Hmm, i dun quite have any gd mag to recommend, u may want to try foreign ones? at least may get some inspiration out of the local scene..
happy.gif

doraeoink

Hi all...

so glad that this thread is still so active! Just came back from overseas and very busy with work! Need to work double hard to get my ID or contractor liao...haha...

Hui, congrats for getting yr key! Me going for my first appt with HDB in 2 weeks time! Hee!

asper

Hi all,

I was under the impression that I dont need to show my marriage cert till 3 after getting my keys. Was told that that was only if I write to HDB to request for special exemption. But I am going for my 1st appointment next week and I do not have my marriage cert nor have I applied to ROM. Will HDB reject my application? Does anyone know?

mehmeh_lim

hi oink,

*congrats* the excitement is building up..

hi ade,

hmm, i am not sure.. u want to check with ur agent? maybe the 2nd appt may have to be delayed therefore?

padi

Hi oink! Congrats on going for the first appt!
happy.gif
Let us know how it goes!

Ade: You need to produce your marriage cert on second appt. So in a way you are right. But then you may want to just play safe, write a letter indicating when you will be ROM-ing, any letter confirming your ROM just so that your first appointment will be smooth. I postponed my submission till next July, so far ok. But I did let the officer know on the first appt, and produced a letter from my FH and I, my pastor's letter and my banquet receipt.

padi

Mehmeh: Thanks!
happy.gif
Book for Dec? Then you can fly and do your yearly pilgrimage to Bangkok. Hehe
happy.gif

Welcome back Nemofc!! Ey? How come post number 1 only? hehehe. What happened to ur account? How r u doing?

nemo_fc

Hi Hui

My a/c was being suspended so today just register again. But as & when i still do log-in to take a look.

nemo_fc

Hui, house hunt also suspend too. haha!

next yr, we will discuss again. But bishan too exp lei, maybe waiting for new listing in other area.

mehmeh_lim

hi nemo!!

i think, i thought.. heheh, i ever saw u once with ur HB at the j8 ntuc
happy.gif

Can still keep a lookout for gd unit in Bishan, maybe?

hi Hui,

Checked oredi, the promo's not available for Dec leh.. thot of going over the National Day long wkend.. But when i checked the rates, it came up to $250/person, not tt cheap for budget. I tried taking once, i was a little put off, but might be tt particular plane-load of passengers *sigh*

Considering going by Swiss Air, it's abt $150 for round way tix.. then i get personal TV & meal served! heehee.. Downside, it's a night flight to BKK, but it's okie also.. coz pay for hotel for tt day not tt exp and can skip the traffic in BKK city

nemo_fc

hi mehmeh, really? got me at J8? shld hv call me.

ya, good units - more exp... have viewed a few units but rather old...

mehmeh_lim

hi nemo,

*shy* heehee
u prefer a unit with move-in condition or new? older units can have a total make-over too.. my agents kept reminding us to see beyond the current state of affairs! hahah, and when it's old, u can push down on price too? heheh

nemo_fc

Mehmeh,

"old" here means 13 age old, but i don't mind 5 yrs age.. heehee.

still prefer new flat but at SengKang area which is too far ...am used to central...

mehmeh_lim

hi nemo,

so the unit's likely to be a 2nd/3rd hand unit hor? continue to look out! hope u can get a gd deal, esp since u're used to living in central sgp..

considering amk? there are the newer flats pretty near the mrt & i think shd be 5 years old oredi
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

hi nemo,

i think can't be help tt the prices are higher for amk & bishan, i think tpy included.. for the convenience & tt they are mature estates

the unit is 18 years.. got fr a 2nd owner, who stayed abt 6 *i think* my blk is 16X, also at St 13

padi

Mehmeh: Swiss Air sounds pretty good!
happy.gif
Then again you are BKK guru. Hehehe

Nemo: Ya lor I felt the same way when I was sourcing for Bishan flats. So sad I remembered I wanted to go for Sembawang flats already. Then I found this one.
happy.gif
I conclude that it is possible to find a unit in Bishan, if you don't mind some stuff like flat being older, doing overhaul etc.
happy.gif
Slowly lah. You never know what HDB will come up with next!

nemo_fc

Mehmeh, i remembered, we stayed quite near... heehee... cos' missing-in-action from forum being awhile.. paisey...

Thanks, Hui. Will look out... how's everyone?

mehmeh_lim

hi nemo,

heheh.. maybe, maybe, sometime we may bump into each other
happy.gif
kekeke

dear bishanites

<font color="aa00aa">Merry Christmas</font> Enjoy yourselves this season
439542.gif

asper

Hi all bishanites,

I have been swarmed lately with wedding preparations of all sorts. So haven't had time to write here.

Here's wishing everyone a great xmas (belated, paiseh) and a happy new year, esp for the brides of 2007.

padi

Hi all!! this is a bit late..but hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
happy.gif

This weekend long break again!! Have a great holiday!
happy.gif

nemo_fc

Happy New Year 07!

i'm fine here! Will be traveling to hokkaido for honeymoon. Finally!!! :)

how's everyone out there?

padi

Hi everyone!! My renovations is coming to an end this coming week!! YEAH!! Finally!!
Will post pics once my furniture comes on 3Feb.
happy.gif

How's everyone doing?

oxygen_bar

Hui!!
it's been a long time since I've logged in. Christmas period is always madness for me, work non stop with no off days. I've been reading yoour updates on multiply tho. You must be so excited. Got my keys on 15th dec but didnt have time to do anything. So now that things at my work place has slowed down, I finally could make time for the contractors and ID. Met 7 already, all within 3 days!! Only one of them already came back with the quotation, waiting for the rest. Called up Eddie and Ally that you recommended.

But I'm just wondering, the first time you meet the shortlisted contractors, do they offer ideas and things like that? The ones that I met basically dont say much. I'm the one telling them I want this here, that there blah blah.. is it normal? I mean shouldnt they be asking me questions to know my needs and all?

Anyway I should be arranging to meet up more. But quite interesting meeting these people. At least make me notice things that I would have otherwise overlooked like position of plugs, wiring clearance height blah blah. But strangely, when I ask about the difference in material such as for door and counter top... most dont go into details. Maybe they think say already I also wont understand? hehe

Have so many ideas n themes in my head I wish I have a hundred rooms to play with! Oh by the way, I got the smallest room so having headache on my placement cos I've got the most barangs!!

I can go on rattling. So exciting! BTW how's your experience with eddie? Do share with me. Going to be needing a lot of advices from you gals!

mehmeh_lim

hi nemo,

When are u flying off?? Enjoy Hokkaido, the food and the wonderful weather
happy.gif

hi Hui,

*yipppee* Can't wait to see more pix

hi breathe,

heheh, it's now ur turn yah? enjoy the process.. hmm, for more details of the materials, u can check out renotalk.com.. Quite informative &amp; makes sures tt greenhorns in renos like us, wun get ketok.. at least not so badly *heehee*

Some IDs have more initiative &amp; inputs to share, if they are really into designing.. Contractors wld prob be more keen to hear u out. *i think* Enjoy the process &amp; of coz the outcome!
happy.gif

dreamdoll

Hi Hui,

Congrats on the progress of ur reno!
happy.gif
Sorry I couldnt help too much on the doors...just got back from Shanghai...do share ur pics!

padi

Breathe: Most ID would ask you what you like, and so sometimes I find myself rattling on too. Hahah. Did you talk to Eddie? Made an appt? I know he is rushing my project plus my friend's. So far so good. When are you meeting him? You are welcome to pop over to see our house if you are keen.
happy.gif

oxygen_bar

Hui,

yea, I met up with him on thurs. Waiting for him to get back to me. How much did you reno cost? I've met up with Ally too.

Check with you, I've noticed you did false ceiling, which means the original height of the ceiling is more than 240cm? Strangely, for my unit, only the living room is low, about 245 i think, which means I can't do false ceiling. Thought our blocks not too far away so should be quite similar... weird..

you mentioned you've checked out intradesign, which ID did you meet up with? Do you normally go down to their showrooms or ask them to go down to your place??

mehmeh_lim

Hi Hui,

of coz u know.. kekeke, u're gd at it on multiply
happy.gif
heehee

Hi breathe,

u're at 16X yah? if so, i think we have the same issue.. Low ceiling at living area &amp; i think dining too..How abt doing L-box instead?

oxygen_bar

no, me at 13X. hui is at 17X so i tot nearby should be abt the same. so weird hor. I think I better check properly before i decide, even for L box.

padi

Breathe: I am not sure bt the height issue cos Eddie recommended the false ceiling and did it anyway. My FH and I have no problem with it cos we're not super tall. Haha. But when my FH jumps he can touch the false ceiling with his fingers. Haha. Not like we'll do it all the time!! :p Check with Eddie about it? Ours is pretty small false ceiling, so my downlights are all only 3inch wide.

I checked out Dave from Intradesign. He was actually our favourite, but we went ahead with Eddie cos of familiarity. Anyway we never regretted our decision.
happy.gif
I went to their showroom, only when I decide on a few then I get them to come to my place to see. I like Ally too! She's a very fun person hor.
happy.gif

Let me know if you want to drop by! I am free this Friday evening or Sunday afternoon through to evening.

Mehmeh: The uploading system same ah? I go see see look look. Hehe. Now I can't wait for Ecolink and Eric to send over our furniture!
happy.gif
How's ur furniture doing so far ah?

asper

Hi Hui,

Haven't log on for some time. So wow you have finished your reno. Envious, envious.

I am only getting my keys 2nd week of march. Right now am still hunting for IDs/contractors. Very stressful, =P

mehmeh_lim

hi breathe,

13X is quite nearby.. but i suspect still have differences. I shd think can do false ceiling *i think* heheh, ur ID/contractor wld know best!

Press on!

hiHui,

u mean uploading here ah? must resize to less than 400x400 (hmm.. or issit 300x300?) anyway, heheh, can try &amp; error
Ecolink's &amp; Hommage stuff are coming in together? ?

All the items are doing just fine
happy.gif
heehee

padi

Mehmeh: Wah so cheem. Will try another day. Yap Ecolink and Hommage's stuff coming together. Plus my fridge and washing machine.
happy.gif

nemo_fc

hi Mehmeh, hui &amp; rest

Just came back from Hokkaido (13 - 19 Jan). It's fun &amp; enjoy!

BTW, i gotten the HDB application loan letter liao. This time, new ruling from HDB that we need to apply this letter in order to proceed buy new/ resale flat.

i'm looking at AMK area. but will still chat here with you guys.'

Hope i get my ideal home sweet home.

oxygen_bar

Hi Hui,

hmm... I dont know if your living room height and mine would have any difference but if you happen to have the measuring tape, you might like to measure if the height betweent the floor and the false ceiling is at least 240cm.

The contractors would say, "can... but if you want to sell your house, when the hdb officer come for inspection, then might have problem." unless of course if you don't intend to sell your house lah heheh But who knows 10 years down the room. hmm.. im just looking a little further :p

I'm very keen in meeting Dave, but when I called him up to come down and have a look, he told me dont have to, just fax him the floor plan and my requirement. So, let's see if he gets back to me. Yea, Ally is very bubbly. I'm trying to find someone who would be able to do up a more bold design, not liek those typical showflat kind. What do you like about Dave? He's design?

Thanks for the offer, I can't make it on both days, got staff resigning so become short handed, so gotta cover till help comes hehe and I tot I can rest and concentrate on my reno after xmas... can't wait to start!!!

mehmeh_lim

Hi Hui,

heheh... like receiving an endless stream of presents! so fun!! nvm abt the uploading here k? heheh, enjoying the viewing fr ur site
happy.gif

Hi Nemo,

*welcome back* How's it like there? Rem the news reported that Hokkaido was a very popular destination for the year-end
happy.gif

I was reading the article fr STs on tt letter of loan.. Correct me if i'm wrong, i thot tt letter needs only to be applied when u're getting a bank loan?

U started the search in AMK oredi??

nemo_fc

Hi Mehmeh

Need to apply even if a hdb loan. It's to tell HDB tat eligible to purchase flat.

AMK house hunting? not really. hopefully can get new flat around AMK. else will buy resale unit.

Hokkaido is a nice place, vy cold. Didn't get affected by the earthquake happenings b4 the trip.