Biotherm products

kaye

hi Seiko,
How do U get samples? I never got one.
Or is it free gifts?
like that U spend $120 N U get these small free gifts.
it seems like I never really get gd encounter with sales gals...hahhaa...maybe I dun look like potential customers.
I just went shopping last sat. saw one magazine is giving out free moisturiser. My fren & I went to Biotherm counter...wanted to ask if its suitable for my fren skin as she is using Kose for facial. The sales gal just replied saying she dunno what is the free gift the magazine is giving out. My fren saw one similar packaging tube N tot that's the one. N asked the sales gal again. The sales gal just said that is for eye and walked away.
hmmmm....maybe I shld go Taka & try my luck again this Sat. Hopefully, its like what Seiko said,,,the service is the best.

gracious

Hi everyone who is using Biotherm products.
can i know if biotherm has any facials to provide? and where do you normally have your facials with as you are all using biotherm products?
thanks.

seiko

Hi Leeds
happy.gif

i think Biotherm has got 2 body scrubs. 1 is the normal grainy one, while the other comes with added mud. think it cost either 42 or 47.
it doesnt have any whitening properties, but skin feels so smooth with slight glow after rinsing. smells great too! the trick 2 get the most of of this scrub is to scrub 1st, then leave it on for a few mins, 2 fully benefit fr the mud treatment.
happy.gif
Its v moisturising too
happy.gif

Hi Hazel
happy.gif
i got those samples when i purchased their full size items. Normally for 100 or 120 purchase, they give away like 7-9 pieces of samples? few days ago i went to Tangs cos the 12% rebate was back. Biotherm had a promo whereby u purchase 100, u get a 9 piece set with a small makeup pouch. But top that up to 130, u get a huge sunny tote plus a 40ml tube of their new aquasource non stop moisturiser! imagine, they're selling their 50 ml pot version for 65!
Plus in one of those gifts, is a limited edition shampoo plus body wash (150ml)!

seiko

hi Hazel
happy.gif

im not too sure which counter is giving out the 3 pc samples now. Maybe u cld try the taka counter. or u cld go to

http://www.biotherm.com.sg

to check out the dif outlets in singapore. it also contains their contacts. I do call to check their promos. Actually i find that their promos r pretty confusing. For eg, the gifts given out with purchase arent the same in every outlet.
There's no standardisation as yet. Sometimes u have 2 spend 100 to get the gifts, sometimes 120.

Hi gracious
happy.gif
im not too sure where 2 go for biotherm facials leh....

kaye

hi Alexis,
I have not tried yet.
but I got this free gift from biotherm when I purchased my facial products there.
U may want to get a free sample fr them.
I got a free foundation sample from Biotherm last week when I made a purchase at Isetan.
they told me tat the Abdo is selling well,...dunno how true it is.

blackcookie

hi hazel,

i saw the review on 'HerWorld' (may issue) tat abdo-choc is not bad. the salesgirl said abdo is quite sellable and always out of stock.

kaye

hi Oreo,
saw that review b4, tats what the salesgal said too....
but we must try before knowing if it really works.
So, have U got one sample fr the sales gal?

seiko

biotherm has one abdo choc and one called cellu choc? i tried celluchoc b4 when i rec'd it as a GWP. it dries pretty fast, no residue. I applied it on my calf area n thigh. seems to tighten. but bcos it comes in such a small bottle, cant c the long term effect.....

seiko

hi oreo
happy.gif

think i saw a review od Abdochoc in her world last mth rite? the tester's stomach seems firmer leh. seemed to work for her.

a2002

I have just bought a Biosource hydrating gel, Aquasource hydrating gel, and a White detox exfoliating foam. So far so good. I am quite satisfied with the smooth feeling of my face when I wake up in the morning. No more oily face.
What is the difference between Biosource and Acnopur? I find them very confusing. Does anyone knows after hydrating, do I need moisturising?

seiko

okiee juz to share..... Jacelyn Tay swears by Biotherm's Cellichoc. read some excerpts fr her new book on beauty. she tried many brands n found this n another brand v effective.

tweety

hi ladies,

anyone tried the latest liquid foundation "Light" by Biotherm yet?

pls share your comments...thanx ;)

princessweds13

Hi

I'm pretty confused over the range of Biotherm products. There's Aquasource, D-stress and the anti-aging range.

Any recommendation which moisturizer I should purchase from the range stated above? I just bought the "Miracle Water" from SKII but need a moisturizer to complement it right?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks
happy.gif

bluesmartie

hmmm anybody tried the biopur series for oily skin? i'm interested in trying biotherm products but quite confused here.. i have oily skin and prone to blemishes. so should i try the acnopur or biopur series?

thanks in advance!

kaye

hi,

I had used acnopur blemish for my pimple. Works gd for me. U can see the difference after a night sleep. of cos, not immediately disappear. U can see it diminish.
Daily facial is the normal/combination range.
I had used Aqua source for my moisturiser.
Initially, I used Aqua source for day & anti-aging for night.
But my beautician had "created" open pores on my skin...In the end, I am prone to have those "oil pop" on my face. So, Biotherm sales person asked me not to use anti-aging till it gets better. As aquasource is "water" based, anti-aging is cream based. The cream may stuck in the pores and my face may get worst. Difference between these 2 is that one is more creamy. maybe that's the way to prevent wrinkles. But you can't apply more for anti-aging...little bit will do..else ur skin will be oily. Aqua Source can last 24hrs. dunno how true it is cos I dun leave it on my face for 24hrs.
I have used pore refiner to speed up the "closure" of pores. It takes sometimes to see the effect. Therefore, it maybe my toner that's working.
For the Light foundation, it looks ok for me. I have 2 samples when I bought Biotherm pdts. And I went for the makeover, N she had used it on me. I looks so clean when I see the mirror. cos it smooths out the pores and I dun see my pimple. hahaha...they had used concealer to cover it. So far, I used Esprit, Estee & Biotherm. Estee Lauder is better, & Biotherm foundation & concealer is good. I believe it works for individual. Alot of people said Prescriptive is good, but my fren thinks otherwise. I can only say we need to invest alot to find the ones that is suitable for us.

My fav product is the face scrub, think its called exfoliating gel. U can feel your skin becomes smooth & moisture after the wash. But it can only be used once or twice a week.

bluesmartie

hazel, the face scrub u mentioned is from biotherm too? it is for oily skin? i'm interested leh... after hearing all ur "miracles".. =P

kaye

hi blue,

the blue packing is for oily skin.
but dun scrub on your pimple..as this will cause the bacteria to spread.

Use their blemish on pimple and drink more water.

But I dun really recommend White Detox pdt.

bluesmartie

oh looks like u are a fan of biotherm! r u using the the whole series of acnopur? i tot of buying the whole series but not sure whether they good.
as for the foundation u were talking abt, it is liquid foundation or compact? the lastest liquid foundation? (i dunno the name leh.. )
i agree with u tat we really have to invest alot to find the suitable skin care pdt for ourselves.

samara

i have been using the Biotherm Anti Drying Protective Lip Treatment. it is really good. the lips will be so soft and full in the morning plus it is excellant for the cold harsh weather. it is one of the best lip product i have ever used other than Elizabeth Arden Lip Fix which has been discontinued.

kaye

hi Blue,

I didnt buy the whole series. Its just that the items are either given as free gifts or samples. That's why I have a chance to try it.
The items that I really bought are the washing gel, toner, aqua source moisturiser, make up remover cleanser, scrub, blemish, pore refiner and one essence.

If you really want to buy, you can just buy the basic first; washing, toner & moisturiser.
Dun rush into buying things.
It may suit me but may not be suitable for you.

My first item is the scub at a road show in Raffles City.
The moisturiser was given as free gift in one of the magazine. I feel its good. Therefore, I went Isetan and bought it during Singapore sales.
I bought the basic before adding on those "extras".

All those anti aging , acnopur and white detox are free gifts. Foundation and lip gloss are samples. I still have those happy legs, shampoo, sun block, etc....all not used. Of cos, these are free gifts.

Yup, the foundation is in liquid form.

bluesmartie

hey hey thanks hazel.. after all this, i actually decided on biotherm.. but too bad, the sales girl and raffles city chose to ignore me. so i thought i would get them at some other biotherm counters. 1hour later, i passed by ~H2O+ at suntec and was pleased with their service. therefore bot their products. biotherm just lost one customer...

can i ask how come free gifts ar? and was the moisturiser you've got as a free gift from cleo? the aquasource? i've got tat also. and i tot it was pretty good..

kaye

hi Blue,

ya, I agree with you.
I walked off at Raffles City, Bugis & Taka branch too. Especially Bugis branch, service is bad.
I went Raffles city on Sunday, 2 sales person, one talking over the phone, another doing other things. I bought it at Raffles City during that time is all bcos of Biotherm road show that was held there.
I like the one at Wisma Isetan. I dunno who is that lady. Long hair with fringe.

how to get free gifts? hahaaha...I spent $120 to get the free gifts. $39 for washing, $65 for moisturiser, toner price forgotten. ard $30 for blemish & pore refiner respectively.
Actually, there's a package now for normal combination skin. 2 small toner & washing gel with normal size moisturiser cost $70. I bought that last 2 weeks. When the Aqua source just came out. They dun have this set. So, I have to buy separately. I got the free small aqua source form either Her World or Female.

So, how much you bought at H20?

bluesmartie

hi hazel, seems like service is better at wisma isetan? cos i went there before and the salesgirl immediately came over to me. but i was not ready to buy it at that time. the sales girl at metro was not bad too. and i guess holders of metro card are entitled to discount.

i saw the free gifts that they give out when u spend $120 or more. but you seem to have more than wat they usually give out leh... =P i guess by giving out samples is also a way to make us buy more of their products..

H20 having opening sales, offering 10% discount and a VIP card with $100 purchase. but it ends today. i bought the whole range of product for oily skin in a package for $147. the package is much cheaper than buying individually. about $30 cheaper. and there's still 10% off! so i paid about $132. the package consists of a facial foam, exfoliator, mattifying toner and a moisturiser. they also gave me 5 piece sample pack, which includes moisturiser, exfoliator and mask.

and i was very satisfied with their service. i'm not sure about other beauty counters cos i only starting buying skincare product, but i went to clinique counter with my friend. no doubt the service was OK, the sales girl juz gave my friend all the free gifts in a box. i tot it was the norm... until at H2O, the sales girl bothered to explain to me all the uses of all the samples and allowed me to change some of them.

bluesmartie

hi hazel, seems like service is better at wisma isetan? cos i went there before and the salesgirl immediately came over to me. but i was not ready to buy it at that time. the sales girl at metro was not bad too. and i guess holders of metro card are entitled to discount.

i saw the free gifts that they give out when u spend $120 or more. but you seem to have more than wat they usually give out leh... =P i guess by giving out samples is also a way to make us buy more of their products..

H20 having opening sales, offering 10% discount and a VIP card with $100 purchase. but it ends today. i bought the whole range of product for oily skin in a package for $147. the package is much cheaper than buying individually. about $30 cheaper. and there's still 10% off! so i paid about $132. the package consists of a facial foam, exfoliator, mattifying toner and a moisturiser. they also gave me 5 piece sample pack, which includes moisturiser, exfoliator and mask.

and i was very satisfied with their service. i'm not sure about other beauty counters cos i only starting buying skincare product, but i went to clinique counter with my friend. no doubt the service was OK, the sales girl juz gave my friend all the free gifts in a box. i tot it was the norm... until at H2O, the sales girl bothered to explain to me all the uses of all the samples and allowed me to change some of them. she also gave me a catalouge of all their products which contains the usage instructions juz in case i forget.

kaye

hi Blue,

Yes, You r rt...
I can change my free gifts at Wisma...too...
Free gifts at Biotherm is normally 10pcs.
That's why you may think I have bought alot even though I do bought a lot.
I have 10% too...at Isetan during GSS.
And 20% in Metro. But I only bought pore refiner at Metro.

jolin

Hi postpet2

Me using their 2-way cake ... can said that i'm quite happy with it .. already refill abt 4 times liao ...

racherlle

hi gals!!

I have also juz converted to using Biotherm products..
happy.gif
previously I was using Clinique..
I bought the Biopur Melting Moisturizing matifying fluid, Toner and also the blusher and lip gloss about 2 mths ago.. quite like their products so far.. planning to get the cleanser, makeup remover soon.. I bought it from the Metro at Sengkang.. the gal is quite friendly.. can't remember her name though..

received the following free gifts after spending $150.. tink u can get the free gifts when u spend more than $120 (8 items)
2 makeup bags.. pink in colour.. 1 bigger than the other..
white detox makeup base, anti-drying body milk, express cleaning fluid for face and eyes, hydra detox eye gel, biopur toner, biopur foaming purifying cleansing water (all sample sizes)

also joined the Biotherm Club so can accumulate points and exchange for more gifts!!
happy.gif

anyone used the makeup remover before? gd????

bluesmartie

wah.. biotherm is sure generous with their free gifts.. i jealous.. one day i will try biotherm.. too bad i alr bot H2O..
metro offers 20%? tat's alot! OG only offers 10% rebate voucher...
i'm interested in biotherm cosmetics actually but have reservations cos i dun use make up ofter. so it's like a watse of money if i have to discard them after 6 months. only wan to use them for special occasions.

kaye

hi Racherlle,

The pore refiner is so so...cos it takes sometimes to see the result. maybe my pores are too big & very long time ago.

And I got the sun screen as a free gift. Tried once only, therefore can't comment.

hi Blue,
dunno how gd is Biotherm cosmetics....but I passed my free mascarra to my friend to try. The foundation is gd. I seldom make up too. cos too lazy...as it takes a long time for me to do one make up on my face.

racherlle

blue ah..
for the 20% discount in Metro.. it's not for members only.. Metro tend to have the 20% discount storewide a few times a year.. tink they had 1 in July if i'm not wrong.. it's not direct 20% discount.. they will give u the 20% discount in voucher which u can use it to pay for any other ting... hope this helps
happy.gif

hi hazel..
i was tinking of getting the sunscreen but it's a bit pricey! $60 someting for tat small bottle.. so I'm wondering whether is it gd..

the foundation is gd? in terms of both liquid and powder??

bluesmartie

hey hey! i sound so ignorant hor.. i din know those metro sales apply to beauty counters too!

u gals tried the anti-drying body lotion? is it good? i c fine lines on my legs.. looks damn dry.. used a few moisturiser b4 but din work.. i wonder if it's dryness.. or it's normal to have these lines... hmmm...

missylan

I bought one and only of their item which is the sunblock. I can say that I HATE IT! Leaving the skin looking greasy. I am not having oily skin tone. Imagine this item is rated as the "recommanded" item in MAGAZINE

kaye

hi Racherlle,
Its in liquid form. the latest pdt, LIGHT

hi Blue,
Never try body lotion, though I have it as free gift. Maybe next time, U look on Fri newspaper..most sales like to advertise on Friday.
So far, Metro is the only shopping centre that I know of is giving sales on cosmetic & fragrance products. It seems like Metro haveing sales every month. since GSS.

postpet2

Hi jolin,

you using the TOUCH range of 2 way cake?

i notice that it produces quite matt finish...
however, i think i've got a colour that is one shade lighter than my skin...
when you apply, do you wet the sponge?