Biotherm products

H

helen of troy

Has anybody tried or trying biotherm products currently? Please share your experiences.Thanks

peanuts

Hi girls

Me too has been using the full range of Biotherm products since they started in Singapore. It is very gentle to skin and even good for people like me who have hyper-sensitive skin.
happy.gif

babe

hi Peanuts ,

did u collect your free gift every monthes. Now must buy more in-order to get more sticker for free full size product !! heehee !!

yvonne

Peanuts/babe

i'm very lazy n truthfully, i dun practise the basic 3 steps in cleansing..i only use a cleanser n tats it! i know tat its not good but i'm just too lazy to do all the steps n also.."dun have the habit of doing so"
lame.gif

can u advise me on the pricing for Biotherm products?
ie the basic cleanser, toner, moisturizer?

H

helen of troy

Peanuts/babe
Which range of Biotherm r u girls using? I have just bought the 'green range' clarifying scrub and facial wash. How do u get the stickers?

peanuts

Hi Babe

huh?? What free gifts? They never send me anything leh. And I don't receive stickers too. Can tell me more?

Hi Yvonne

I'm using the Whitening range for cleanser and I think it is around $35. For the toner, the normal skin range is around $42 for a big bottle with pump, can use a long time. Then for the moisturiser, I'm now using a day and a nite one, but both cost about $50+ each.

Usually for a good start, it is better to do the 3-steps. It is just a matter of practicing and then it'll become your habit soon. I was lazy too, but after realising that I'm getting old and need to take extra care of it, I started to make myself wake up a bit early to put all the stuff on my face.

I will cleanse, put eye cream, toner, whitening essence, moisturiser, and finally (very important) sunblock. And after that, I don't even put makeup at all, then off I go to work. Natural is beauty mah....
happy.gif

yvonne

hi Peanuts

thks for your reply..perhaps i'll drop by one of the counters and consult the saleslady abt the type of product tat i'm suitable.
err..u have any idea whether they have any "trial product"?

och

hi all,

i use biotherm too but i never receive any stickers leh. what's the stickers abt?

peanuts

Hi Yvonne

Yeah, I think it is better to let the sales to recommend you the right product. They have quite a variety, but my suggestion would be to go for the 3 basic step first. Then if you are comfortable with the product, you can consider other items like eye cream, serum, etc. They do not have trial pack. Usually when you buy some items that exceed $70 or $100, they will have some free gifts of those mini samples. I think the recently one got the 2-way cake, but I didn't like it. So I ask if she has something else other than that. Then I got a set of the cleanser, toner, and moisturiser of the green range.
happy.gif

Hi och

I also never come across any stickers leh. Waiting for Babe to come back to me. :|

louisa

Hi gals,
I think babe refers to the Bio-Club rewards passport. You must first purchase $100/- worth of Biotherm products, then they'll give you a passport. You can get a free sample each month by presenting the passport at the Biotherm counter. For the sticker, you have to spend $50 to get a sticker for your passport. Collect 3 stickers and you get the 1st tier gift (5-pc spa getaway kit), another 3 to get 2nd tier and so on till the 4th tier gift. But it expires by Dec 2001 so it may be too late to start collecting now.

I'm now using the acnopur range cos my skin condition is prone to pimples. My beautician commented that my skin texture has improved!

Though Biotherm products are considered relatively cheap, anyone knows where I can get them cheaper? Does Sasa carry Biotherm?

peanuts

Hi Louisa

Thanks for your info. I've recently just spend another $100+ at the Biotherm counter, but nobody ever mention this to me leh. I've always been a faithful customer and how come I never get to know this???

I don't think you can get Biotherm cheaper elsewhere. I've been to quite a few Sasa and those wholesale shop but non of them sell Biotherm products.

louisa

Hi Peanuts,
Do you still have the receipt? If you have, you can try going back to the same counter and ask for it. If you don't have, can still try your luck. I didn't get my Biotherm passport when I bought about $100+ worth of products at first too cos I thought they would send it by mail. Subsequently, I found out that I must actually collect it on the spot, so I went back to the same counter. I explained that the sales lady was busy serving other customers at that time and probably forgot it. So they gave me one :) Why not try asking. Still got 3 months of samples to collect.

peanuts

Hi Louisa

Thanks a lot. Will go back and check if the receipt is still with me. Since everytime I spend more than a $100, I think I should be able to get the samples too.
happy.gif

och

hi louisa,

thanx. will take ur advice n ask them the next time i visit.

i dun know where u an get biotherm cheaper locally. but i found out that biotherm is cheaper in france than here. guess i'm not too much help here.

vera

I develop rashes after using the clarifying wash and the facial foaming wash (just used both once last week cos I just bought them) for normal/combi skin.Can anyone tell me y??

peanuts

Hi Vera

Sorry to hear that. I can't tell you why, but most probably, you are sensitive to one of the ingredient they use. What kind of rash?

peanuts

Mmmm..... I never came across such case leh. Maybe your eyes area are more sensitive. Usually I don't use cleanser to wash my eye area. How about when you use other products? If you are really not suitable for these cleanser, then better don't use. Sorry, can't help much.

B

bio

hi linda,

Geez I just bought the cleansing milk... how much are you selling? The 400 ml one?

annmelody

Hi Linda,

Am interested in the age fitness essence and cleansing milk. May I ask how much are you seelling them for and the reason for selling?

jasminetea

Hi Ladies,

I have 3 Biotherm Products to let go :-

1) Biosource Softening Toner - 250ml
2) Biosource Clarifying Exfoliating Gel
3) White Detox Wipe Off

All items are brand new. Bought in Mar 2002 and still in orginal package.

Reason why I'm selling them is 'cos I have bought far too many skin care products and is currently using another brand. Do not wish for these products to "sit" around at my house for too long.

I'll be selling these products lower than retail price.

If interested, please email me at [email protected] for price list.

linda

HI ANNMELODY,BIO,KELLING,
MY450ML CLEASING MILK USE A FEW TIMES SELLING AT$30.2 250ML CLEASING MILK SELLING AT$15 EACH NEVER USE B4ALL 4 NOR 2 COM SKIN. PEELING MASK $15. SCRUB $15. AGE FITNESS ESSENCE$40 USE A FEW TIMES .

sam

Hi, Linda
Why are u selling your Biotherm products? I'm interested in the anti-aging essence, but not sure of the effects. Can anyone who have used this feedback to me. Thanks.

linda

hi sam,
r u interested in biotherm age fitness essence?i only use a few times n u can see yourself!i sold it at $30 cheap cheap right?

dongdong

Hmmm.. this thread has been quiet for so long. Just wondering if any Biotherm-users/lovers can gimme some comments on the following pdts:

1) BIOPUR Hydrating Matte Fluid SPF15 Oil-free
2) BIOPUR Clarifying Balancing Night Gel

esp. 1) - how's the texture?

Thanks so much!
happy.gif

cala

Hi PPG,

I've been using their White Detox Day Essence for about 2 months. Its quite ok, don't really see alot of improvement in the tone of my skin, could be bcos I've only been using it for a short while? The texture is good, easily absorbed as with most Biotherm pdts. But its pricey and I will likely not repurchase since the results are not quite what I had expected.

meagan

i am a fan of biotherm..been using their products for 2 years..can see quite a significant improvement - skin is smoother and clearer. From the white detox range, i have tried make-up base, polishing cleanser and night essence. The makeup base is good but the other 2 are all right. I prefer the destress and age-fitness range.

Elsie, yah agree with you that the products are quite ex. Can try getting the products from Sasa as they have a 20% discount.

leeds

Hi gals,

I just started using Biotherm product for a few days. Seems to be quite good. Now thinking of buying the complete range. Can anyone tell me whether the cleansing milk + toner is necessary or the facial wash is good enough? cos i'm normally very lazy to do 3-step cleansing. Any advice? Thanks

keruri

Hi gals,
Is there any product from Biotherm that can slim down the tummy? If yes, do u know the retail price? Thanks!

keruri

Hi leeds,
If you use makeup, the cleansing milk will help remove the makeup and any fine traces that the cleanser cannot remove. As for the toner, it closes up the pores and tones up the face after cleansing. It would be better to do 3-step cleansing lor. Daily maintenance can go a long way, and perhaps, save you some money on facial?
happy.gif

leeds

Hi keruri,

sigh... seems like thats the only advice everybody can give me. I guess i gotta start on the daily 3-step cleaning, no running away from it hor...

ssmilezz

<font color="0077aa">Hey ~ have been using Biotherm for the longest time ever. hehee...I use their Acnopur range. I only use their Acnopur cleanser (enuff to remove all my makeup/foundation) and their toner. I use Neostrata as my moisturisor for the day. And at night, i'm using Biotherm Anti Aging Essence. I love the texture..cos it's light and easily absorbed. I've very oily skin. :D</font>

etelle

Hi guys
i am also using biotherm series products. Acnopur. I bought from sasa and they do carry biotherm products. Bought mine for the one at Holland Village. I save a lot buying from sasa. one product save about 7-8 bucks.....

gracious

Hi,
I tried lotsa products and I thought of trying out Biotherm since I read many good reviews here. I've got sensitive skin, and I would want to know if they do give out samples to try first before buying the whole range.

Can anyone recommend the best biotherm outlet/salesgirl that can provide a good consultation of yr skin and also provide samples too?

thanks.

janet

Hi, just to share Acnopur is very effective, it removed my stubborn blemishes, i was using the whole set abt 2yrs ago... 2 thumbs up to Biotherm save me from ugly blemishes ;)

kaye

hi,
Went to Biotherm counter at city hall...
bought a scub there...cost abt $40..
wanted to buy other pdts...went to Bugis, Taka counter..seems like the svcs no gd...
its either they ignore me or finally someone attends me, they would just say try this normal toner..then I told them mine maybe a combination skin..then they say I can choose that too...N I say I am quite prone to pimples...then she said I can use this anti-acne prone toner. its like not much of a recommendation.

leeds

Hi kaye lee,

I got my biotherm products from taka counter, the gal was very friendly and attended to me for quite long. very patient lor. hmmm, but cant say the same about the one at wisma. I guess you just need to find a good sales person who can recommend suitable products for you, if you dont feel comfortable with the person, buy it from somewhere else. I personally find the products quite good, my face feels clearer after 2 wks, their products are not too thick so it doesnt clog up pores, unlike other brands that i've tried.

kaye

hi leeds,
I just switch to Biotherm recently, think less than a mth. And I feel its good. Therefore, I decided to buy other Biotherm pdts since I had finished using my facial cleanser &amp; moisturizer.
In the end, I have this kind of unhappy experience.
by the way, which product are U using?

leeds

Hi kaye,

I'm now using the white detox range, cleansing foam, toner, day moisturiser and night essence. I also got all those free samples so i'm using almost the whole range now.
happy.gif
But i notice biotherm doen't prevent spots from coming out, but general complexion becomes clearer lor i feel. Which products do you think is good?

seiko

muz say that biotherm is v generous with their samples, n that caused me to slowly embrace this brand. Plus the tote bags, document bags given during each promo is juz too gd 2 resist.
In fact, for the recent promo at raffles city, on top of the freebies, they gave away a full sized cleanser ( $39 ) OR toner ( $37! ) fr the 'green' range.
I dont use everything fr 1 range as i miz n match.
for eg, i use the cleanser fr the norma/combo range. Using the toner fr hydra detox range. Using the night soothing essence fr te White detox range. n the new non stop aquasource moisturiser. their body mud scrub is simply out of this world! skin gets a mud treatment while being exfoliated.
Im using their makeup base which comes with an SPF 25. I bought the white based one. Use sparingly though as it can be too 'whitish' when overused.

Anyway, biothem pdts smell great n revives my senses. Loving it :p

seiko

okieee, so far, i rate the service at Taka the best. The one at Parkway so-so as the salesgirl Anise seems more interested in serving taitais.
The one at Seiyu seems quite distant. Raffles city salesgirl r quite nice
happy.gif

leeds

Hi seiko,

Can tell me how much is the body mud scrub? Does it have whitening effect? Is it drying? Thanks
happy.gif