BEWARE OF FAKE PHOTOGRAPHER"

dkny6826

HI all BTB. PLEASE BEWARE OF A PHOTOGRAPHER NAMED BOB(SHORT,FAT AND UNTIDY).

HIS NAME IS BOB
TEL:81369676

VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL, PHOTOS TAKEN ARE WORSE OFF THAN A 10 YEAR OLD.SHOWED US HIS SO CALLED WEBSITE THAN HAS VERY GOOD AND NICE PHOTOS TO CHEAT US INTO TAKING HIS CHEAP PACKAGE. HE MENTIONED THAT HE JUST STARTED UP BUT HAS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN TAKING BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOS. AFTER WE PAID HIM, HE KEEP SAYING HE IS BUSY AND TOLD US NOT TO CHASE HIM FOR THE PHOTOS WHEN WHAT WE DID IS ASK HIM POLITELY WHEN WILL WE BE GETTING THE EDITED PHOTOS. HE ALSO SAID THAT HE WILL DO A "SIMPLIFIED" JOB IF WE WANT IT SO FAST. WE JUST RECEIVED THE EDITED PHOTOS 2 DAYS AGO.HIS "EDITED PHOTOS" IS SO WELL DONE BY JUST ENHANCING THE COLOUR OF THE PHOTOS AND MAKING IT SHARPER. HE HAS RUINED OUR ROM PHOTOGRAPHES AND RUINED OUR JOY AND TOTALLY DISGUSTED BY HIS LAME EXCUSES.

ANY BTB PLEASE BEWARE TO FALL INTO HIS TRAP!

As a photographer I am taken back by what you have wrote above. If he really shoot like a 10 years old, dont think he is a photographer and why would you ever engaged him at all. Did you view his portfolio or ever meet up with him at all? As for the edited photos, did he show you the edited and non edited, if not you wont know how he edited the photo right? It would be best to show us some photo or at least elaborate more about what is the scenerio here as it would be unfair to the photographer here. Cheers!

weddingatbobman

Hi All

Many people know that I am not good in words or can play around with words. So I will be very simple and straight to the point.

Dearest Erina and Eric,

If either of you feels that by insulting my physique given by GOD makes you feel better, I am alright with it. I hope you can show some respect to others(nevermind about me) in the future who does not have to perfect physique of a hunk or a model.

How can I be fake? How can I cheat you? Before you signed up with me, I showed you many works and explain to you my experience in the field of wedding photography. Because I want more portfolios, I offer cheap package to you and the package is

2 Photographers with 12 hours of photography service
300 pieces of 4R photos with album
Complimentary outdoor shoot
Complimentary ROM shoot

Package Deal: S$ 1088.00

Your ROM was on the 20 Nov 07. One day after the ROM, you chase me for photos and you tole me that other photographer could give you within a day. I said only with very little enhancement and simplified editing then it can be done for such short a time.

As we all know, during the period of Nov and Dec, photographers are very busy with weddings. At that time, I had wedding on 22 Nov and 24 Nov. You insist and demand the preview copy to be delivered to you by 23 Nov which leaves me little time to go thru and filter out some NGs shots. Not forgetting I have to meet the couple for briefing day before their wedding.

I hope in the future you can show some kind consideration to both couples and photographers as their wedding is to happen the next few days. You had your ROM done. I just need 1 week to filter out and sort the images and pass it to you and you can't wait and kept insisting me to deliver to you on that very night which it was raining quite heavily and even refused to accept the DVD to be delivered the next morning by courier.

But I still fulfilled the job despite I had to travel from City hall to Pasir Ris and then to AMK. I had even called my photographer to meet me at AMK for briefing. It ends quite late luckily the wedding starts late the next day.

Even after you had chosen the imagess you only gave me less than 2 weeks to edit despite I have weddings in between these 2 weeks. You had chosen more than 150 images where in the first place I only offer you 100 images however I did them all.

You mentioned that I ruined your ROM, let me tell you something I made your ROM more meaningful but instead of appreciating my kindness and hard work, you had insulted me and accused of things which is untrue.

Let me go thru the summary:

In the morning 10.30, I have to photograph your makeup session at Plaza Singapura, then I have to follow you to you bridal shop to photograph you on the fitting on your gown.

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

At the Fort Canning ROM, besides taken your exchanging of vows and signing the certificate, I have to do group shots for your family, relative and friends not to mention, candid shots.

url]

url]

url]

After all these are done. I have to do outdoor shoot for you around Fort Canning Hill. From start till end, I spent about 3 hours for your ROM.

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

For the equipment I use:

1D Mark 2 with few L lenses . Even its a complimentary shoot, I never compromise on my equipment and I always give my 101%.

I mean, within a short period of 1 month, I delivered the preview copy to you and completed your edited images not mentioning I had weddings in between these time. Although I am not a good photographer compare to many of the photographers here but certainly I am better than a 10 year old kid......

What else can you ask for?????

Cheers
happy.gif

pearlyn1994

Hi Bob,

Please do not be discouraged and affected.

Hi people,

In this world, there are many demanding customers. They paid little and expect hell from service provider may it be videoman,photographer, makeup artist....anyone....

Just remember this, you pay peanuts, don't expect to get fantastic work. As everyone is making a living, it is very inconsiderate to bad mouth anyone in the forum in this way. When you pay for something cheaper, just be prepared that it will not be perfect.

I think even if you are not happy with a person, be objective and judge against his work and not his appearance. It only show how low your EQ is.

Everyone earns a living and do not push people to an endless road.If a photographer already tried his best, what is the point of ruining his career in the forum? It is really a cruel thing to do to someone that is just earning a living but client's expectation is too demanding to be reasonable.

Be kind, be tolerant, be forgiving...that is the route to a happier life....

jadeyu

The photos looked good. dun think a 10 yr old is able to come up with this, unless he's exceptionally talented. can u?
uhoh.gif

flora_bliss

Hi Bob,

I'm sure a lot of BTB can testify for your works. So don't need to be bothered with the one who started the malice.

After seeing the work, I think it is fine work. Definately not shoot by any kid around. As in this scenerio, i think both the couple and photographer must compromise with each other. I always told my couples that it takes about 1 month to edit the photo. I think Bob has done it in a resonable time for your rom photo.

bobochan80

Yah, the photos looks good lor. This goes to show. Pretty bride but ugly heart. Go around and badmouth people. Gosh how i hate such people. Expect so much yet only willing to pay so little. She ought to be ashamed of herself for insulting people's looks. As if she is a supermodel. Pls lah, if she pays $4K for her photos, u think he cant put her as priority? So disgusting. This reminds me of the ugly brides I saw in the bridal studio, demand this demand that..look angry and pissed, totally not beautiful lor. I even saw one scolding a makeup artist...terrible lor.. people just working for a living and u these ugly brides go all out to kill their reputation and business. I wonder what type of heart you have!

lois

wah....ROM is complimentary shots. more than 150 shots selected and enhanced? so generous of a PG.

normally about 80-100 enhanced pics are given back for a fee.

Hope Bob is not affected by this incident. let his works speak for him.

luther

yah , more than 150 for ROM return to client is an adv to them. I dun see why it has ruin their ROM. Learn to be grateful that u got back your pictures . Since ROM is complimentary. u shd be even be more grateful and not taken him for granted.

skywolf

Goodness, if those shots are taken by a <quote> "10 year old", mine would be hmmm... unborn baby?

Hey Bob, if you're still in this line during my AD, i'll drop you a call. Cheer up and Merry Christmas!
kao_cheers.gif

m_and_n

My 2 cents. I would say that the posted photos look fine in my humble opinion. Everyone should refrain from calling each other names, regardless of the situation as it doesn't help.

Expectations have to be right in most instances, for example, if a couple expects all the 150 photos to be of similar or higher quality, then it leaves much to debate. I personally believe that even the best photographer will have shots that leave more to be desired.

Ultimately, if you are able to have 30% of the pictures eg. 50 / 150.. it's decent enough to bind and be a nice coffee table album for yourself and guests to see.

No point having 1000 pictures and some nice or not.

I'm not siding with anyone here, but if the debate is to continue, let's cut the crass out of it and continue to make this a forum others will find worth visiting.

danieltiger

hi dkny,

any response from you??? tink you had gone a bit to far. all the photos are well taken. i think you are the ones who should be beware

fotoudavid

HI all BTB. PLEASE BEWARE OF A PHOTOGRAPHER NAMED BOB(SHORT,FAT AND UNTIDY).

HIS NAME IS BOB
TEL:81369676

VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL, PHOTOS TAKEN ARE WORSE OFF THAN A 10 YEAR OLD.SHOWED US HIS SO CALLED WEBSITE THAN HAS VERY GOOD AND NICE PHOTOS TO CHEAT US INTO TAKING HIS CHEAP PACKAGE. HE MENTIONED THAT HE JUST STARTED UP BUT HAS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN TAKING BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOS. AFTER WE PAID HIM, HE KEEP SAYING HE IS BUSY AND TOLD US NOT TO CHASE HIM FOR THE PHOTOS WHEN WHAT WE DID IS ASK HIM POLITELY WHEN WILL WE BE GETTING THE EDITED PHOTOS. HE ALSO SAID THAT HE WILL DO A "SIMPLIFIED" JOB IF WE WANT IT SO FAST. WE JUST RECEIVED THE EDITED PHOTOS 2 DAYS AGO.HIS "EDITED PHOTOS" IS SO WELL DONE BY JUST ENHANCING THE COLOUR OF THE PHOTOS AND MAKING IT SHARPER. HE HAS RUINED OUR ROM PHOTOGRAPHES AND RUINED OUR JOY AND TOTALLY DISGUSTED BY HIS LAME EXCUSES.

ANY BTB PLEASE BEWARE TO FALL INTO HIS TRAP!

Above from TS.

Before getting out of hand, can TS tell us some:

1. Is it truth that u want Bob to deliver after shoot at nite?

2. What bob posted the pics above is not good enough?

3. Or bob posted the pics that was edited, and what u receive is not like the above posted?

4. Base on what senario did bob was rude to u? Raise his voice? Scold u 3 letters words?

5. Did you mention anything abt delivering the cds after the shoot at nite? Did bob mention he will deliver the cd at nite?

Why i posted all this and why it concern me is cos i am very concern abt this issues.....it reflects very badly on photographers.....

To Bob: Charging low rates will not get any where...u got what i mean???

To all: Pls wait for TS before passing a judgement, else unfair to TS.

ayukie

hmz i think i spent like 300 for my rom shoots ... for 120 pics in album ..
i further top it up by diy the collages and developing the other pics on my own (although same shop as my pg develop them :p)
and anyway the pictures looks alright bah ..
at least better than my brothers and dad ones .. **rolls eyes**

smellypeanut

Me too.. Maybe TS would like to confirm what bobman has said? His portfolio looks okay, as well as TS's pictures. And for that price with complimentary ROM included, i think it's already very reasonable.

weddingatbobman

Hi All,

I think we should let this thread stop here. My postings are mainly for my brides who booked me for this year, 2008 and 2009 to see and understand that I don't take photos like a 10 year kids.

However, I had spoken to Eric (her hubby who did not know about this post, a nice guy I must say). We will settle in a Man to Man manner outside this forum..... errr I mean amicably talk.

Please do not ask TS or me to prove this or that. We are all grown ups and we know how to settle things ourselves, thanks.

Thank you very much for all attentions. Photos will be removed and I will not response to this thread whatever happens as I had assured my btb about the quality of my works and I had spoken my situation.

dkny6826

Thanks for all your responses. But it is always wiser to listen to two sides of the story.

When we first met you(Bob) at Burger King, you told us you are new to this wedding business and is trying to expand it. We saw the pictures in your web and it did look fantastic. The price that you proposed to us was good and cheap. We didnt negotiate at all. I even commented in the forum that and thank you for meeting up with us and we look forward to you taking our wedding photos.

To make it very clear. All we did is to ask you when will our photos be out. We did not even chase you for it. If you consider that as chasing you then I have nothing else to say. Chasing and asking when they will be ready is a total different thing. Please make things clear.

After the ROM shoots on tuesday, you asked me to introduce my sister to you to shoot pregenancy photos. I said ok and even introduce my dad's friend to you as he needed a photographer for company dinner. I then asked you casually, when can we have the raw photos and you mentioned to me that on sunday 24Nov 3pm. So I went to ang mo kio all the wat to meet you. We didnt receive your call at 3. We waited for half an hour and called you at 330pm asked you where you were so that we could meet up with you. But you said I didnt confirm with you and is somewhere else and not free to meet. We then asked you when can we meet and you replied, I am very busy leh, you thought what. I have so many things to do.

In the 500++ photos that you took, we only see 70+ that we like, and most of them are not fantastic. The photos that you posted up (without our consent), are not like the ones you passed to us. You only posted it up after I write in this forum. Please stop all your lies.

During our rings exchange, you didnt even take our rings, all we can see is fingers! Is it too much to ask for?

You always come up with the same attitude like "I am very busy leh", "you thought I am very free"?? When I further asked if I can have the edited pictures in less than a month, you said ok lor, if you want it fast I can give you the normal kind with very little editting lor".

Right after I wrote on the forum, you immediately sms my husband and say there's no third time. Why are you threating us. Now that you post up our photos without our consent, it is pure unprofessional and rude to the core.

We trusted you and paid you $500 during our ROM even before the photos are out, now that we have terminate your photography service, we are forgoing our money just for the ROM shots.

The photos that you posted are not those that you have passed to us.They are so different. I hope you had passed us those photos instead.

Please respect yourself and us and kindly remove our pictures on the link before we carry out any legal actions towards you.

Please stop harrasing my husband with your smses. And dont threaten us again. We are very stressed out already and saddened by this whole incident.

dkny6826

I really regret engaging a photogrpaher that I so trusted in the beginning and ended up posting my photos without my consent.

Can anyone help and assist me on how the photographer can take out the post?

m_and_n

Dkyn, bob has removed the photos. At the same time, if you prefer, please ask the administrator to delete the thread. I understand your fustrations but refrain from posting in many sections.

Its natural due to your fustrations. Everyone has different expectations.

I hope Bob can return all the photos to the couple and on his professionalism, not post any pictures of the couple without their approval. These are very personal. No matter what.

Dkny i hope you and your husband can move on. Murphy's Law do rear its ugly head in the most unexpected moments. I do hope that you will be able to have a blissful wedding day!

Cheers!

xuer21

Ya i agree... after reading through.. feel that DKNY is going abit too far. As an adult, regardless of any frustration, one ought to refrain from calling names and venting ur anger out in such a childish maneer. And its kinda rude of urself to post in so many threads... it seems as if u r bent on spoiling ppl impression of BOB..

But since BOB has already removed the pics... DKNY i guess u should cool down ba.

tasmania

Do agree dkny is bit going too far.. i understand her frustration. but no matter what, you should not do personal attack against bob.

Also, do you think it is right for bob to post the pic without dkny consent? By doing that, only spoil his own reputation. that is not the way treating your existing customer or ex-customer.

Bob &amp; Dkyn,
settle between yourself. Dkyn, maybe get ur husband to talk to bob. Man's talk and settle amicably.

hope i am not kepo :p

growoldwithme

Hi All,

I'm not trying to take any sides as I was not "present" when they first met at BK or spoken over the phone.

I understand that it must be pretty upsetting to receive works that is not to the couple's expectation, and also upsetting on the photographer's end to have break down in communication with the couple, and now the whole forum is hearing, watching and judging him.

Not sure if either Erina or Bobman had emailed Chin Leng to delete this thread, but with this saga going on so fiercely, I believe the moderators will be taking action soon?

If emails had been sent to the moderator, please give them moderators a little time to resolve this as its the holiday season, instead of opening more threads or more posts on this matter.

This matter should be resolve between the couple and the photographer amiably, as only them knows the truth. If in the case that it's the photographer with a problem, this debating don't help I guess. Well, whether he's good or bad, only time and his works will tell.

Any previous couples who used Bobman's service? Care to share your experience?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

weddingatbobman

Erina, if you said what you mentioned here is true (touching your heart), then I would apologise to you. I had spoken to your husband and as a man that I will keep my words to him not to further write despite of you who kept on writing. I will still keep my word for him. I accepted his apologies yesterday when he called me and I also apologised to him on some accounts. If you kept on writing these type of statements, I just fell sorry.

You may say if I do not have many hands don't carry too many eggs. Let me tell you something, there are many couples who are not as rich as you, who has budget for their wedding. And I believe they do deserve good wedding photos for their wedding too. I am not saying that my works are great, but at least I can provide them with decent photos at their budget.

I think this thread happens because of one thing, I did not put it on paper and that's the carelessness of me. Without black n white, there can't prove anything who's right or who's wrong. As someone mentioned regardless how, the customer is always right.

I am not affected by this kind of things (I am assuring the BTBs for 2008 n 2009)but it make me wiser instead and my mission in serving budget couple still remains.

Today, I just signed up 2 more couples despite they read and heard what happened to me in SBF. I must thank them for trusting me and my works.

For the year 2008, I will provide to those budget couples:

1 Photographer working from (7am to 1pm), (7pm to 11pm)
Up to 240 4R photos with album at S$ 688.00.

Although I have about 30 bookings already in 2008, I believe I still can handle another 10 or 20 more weddings........if they can wait.

Good night, I have a wedding to shoot at 3.00am. Merry Xmas Erina and Eric and of course a Happy New Year to ALL......

dkny6826

Bob,

If you are a man of your words then stop your twisting and turning of words that my husband called you yesterday and saying that he apologise to you.

We were not in singapore yesterday and came back only this evening. My hubby wouldnt make sense to apologise to you as you have posted up his pictures without his consent. He is more angry than me.

This is not the way to gain more trust.

You mentioned the photos are removed, but we can still see the rest of the photos towards the end. Its really huanting us and you still tell us that we can go remove it on our own by contacting a lady.

We understand you are busy, but you are not the only one. Now you are telling us you have no time to deal with it. Please be a man of your words and remove the pictures or at least the thread as my friends can still see it on their end.

Please be more mature then saying things like you dont care how we dealt with you, kill you,beat you or anything.

We are really tired and sad. I hope this dramatic nightmare will really put to an end.

jessipper

Hi BOB! I think you have not remove the photo here. Please do Erina a favor and remove it asap. Here is the twist, We do not know who is telling the truth here but end of the day it is best to let the matter rest. If BOB is a bad photographer, other couples will spread it around, you dont have to worry. Erina if you are not in singapore, I think your friend and colleagues can be your witness and they will trust you. Hi BOB, this is a thread abt you and I dont think it is nice to promote your work at this moment in this thread and no one really want to know how many couples you shoot as it is not the point here.

Gentleman! Let this rest!

ariesta

....the pics are pasted in one of the online photo albums. after removing this thread, the pics will still be online. If bobman posts the link in other forums, ppl can still see it.... hence bobman himself hav to remove the pics from the online photo albums himself.

growoldwithme

nope, he isnt. after reading the clubsnap thread, i think he would prefer to use the money elsewhere..

some brides recommended him in here few months back.

tasmania

remind me about my driving instructor,

paid him deposit to "rent" his car on my driving test day
Passed my driving, and wanted to claim back the deposit from him, but he just acted blur and refused to return me my deposit

He always boast about how good is his driving skill is and how many students he had and how much he earned per month.

I was like.. forget it. will not recommend my friends to him. no integrity, lousy person, don't earn my respect

flora_bliss

dkny, I can definitely understand your anxiety and frustration. Every bride wants nothing but the best for their important day. It's absolutely natural for you to get agitated when things did not turn out as your expectation.

However, I've personally seen and experienced Bobman's work. I've not noticed anything unprofessional. Perhaps there have been some miscommunication between you and the photographer somewhere along the way? I feel that this matter should be taken down from this forum and settle in private amicably. There is simply no point in creating angry shoutouts to each other here and in turn causing general panic to those who have engaged Bobman as their photographer.

And to all the 3rd parties (which include myself), we should all refrain from rubbing it in and stop making any comments. Let the concerning parties resolved this issue among themselves in private.

dkny6826

Hi Flora Bliss,

I understand that you trust and like Bob's work and has friends who are great supporters of him, but do you really need to follow along all my threads? If there is nothing to hide, what are you thinking for the heart of all new brides and taking it so personal?

There is clearly no miscommunication breakdown with bob. His works are nice which he did showed us in his webbie. Thats why we signed up with him. But along the way, we had upteen empty promises and an unmistakably impatientness frm him and absolutely agonizing to have a photographer who cant capture the rings on the fingers during exchange of rings. It would be nice if your friends could have that special capture of once in a life time not to be missed.

I admit I was too harsh the way I acted initally, its pure childish and immature thats why I had stop all the name callings. But seems that your friends who have signed up with him seems to be the ones who are pot calling the kettle black(nec).Please also let nec know that the world doesnt care if she look like a b*itch when she doesnt smile.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/36737/448368.html?1198509634

As a matter of fact, I find it distasteful and despise people who bark aimlessly at vulnerable brides.

This is an open forum and I really hope that any happy brides should not end up so shattered. This is where Im coming from

dkny6826

Hi Flora Bliss,

I understand that you trust and like Bob's work and has friends who are great supporters of him. If they are so assured, there shouldnt be any panic to them. Im sure they would like his work no matter what.

Do you really need to follow along all my threads? If there is nothing to hide, what are you thinking for the heart of all new brides and taking it so personal?

There is clearly no miscommunication breakdown with bob. His works are nice,(at first) which he did showed us in his webbie. Thats why we signed up with him without second thoughts. Thereafter, there is a unmistakable difference in the ways the photos are shoot and along the way, we had upteen empty promises and an unmistakably impatientness frm him and absolutely agonizing to have a photographer who cant capture the rings on the fingers during exchange of rings. It would be nice if your friends, those that signed up with him could have that special capture of once in a life time not to be missed.

I admit I was too harsh the way I acted initally, its pure childish and immature thats why I had stop all the name calling.

This is an open forum and I really hope that any happy brides should not end up so shattered. This is where Im coming from.

hmm..the photos are still hanging there. Contacted all administrators but invail. Maybe I should really lodge a police investigation as suggested.

Actually dkyn, since the argument is going this way, if you really want to prove that Bob did not do a good job, you might want to post 1 or 2 examples up. Perhaps you may want to touch up with an image program so that the faces cannot be seen. Seriously I do not think any photographer would choose and post lousy photos online.

But then crazy ah, anyhow post photos up for the whole world to see, still means professionalism? I think its just a way of pacifying yourself!

Just feel for you dkny so have to post this, saw the nasty comments on you in the other thread!