Beware of Fake Photographer

snowiee

having insomnia because of problems with my pre-wedding shots photographer...

I guess now i can relate personally to how you ladies feel.. that kind of cheated feeling and how someone can ruin the happy mood of wedding preparations...

sigh... i think not just PG who offer cheap packages should everyone be wary off...

To decide on which photographer you wan, remember to get one who is taking photographers because he truely believe in capturing the happy moments of a wedding couple....

someone who truely has a passion for photography....

and not sign up with people who are just concerend about squeezing money from wedding couples and trying to make a fast buck...

really regret signing up with my pre-wedding photographer.. he totally ruin my hubby's and my happy mood...

glad i found and signed up with a good AD PG though... (he was my ROM PG also)...he has a true passion for photography and his prices arent very steep too.

Comparatively, my PS PG is charging high prices but basically doesnt deliver a standard of level of pictures that matches the price he charges.

so not really true just people who charge high prices are good.....

sigh...still trying to resolve this issue with my PS PG...

*keeps my fingers crossed....

feel so depressed now... wonder why he enjoys making me feel so miserable...

sad.gif

saiyuri

hi Snowiee, sorry to hear what damage your PG has done to you. Could it be that you have certain expectation that you did not tell your PG? I met up with my PG for AD & PW - told him what I wanted & leave the rest to his creative eyes. After looking at his work & reading some good comment from others who have employed him. I placed my deposit w/o second thoughts. All his album creation are consistent!

I hope you can resolve your matter amicably.

dkny6826

HI all BTB. PLEASE BEWARE OF A PHOTOGRAPHER NAMED BOB(SHORT,FAT AND UNTIDY).

HIS NAME IS BOB
TEL:81369676

VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL, PHOTOS TAKEN ARE WORSE OFF THAN A 10 YEAR OLD.SHOWED US HIS SO CALLED WEBSITE THAN HAS VERY GOOD AND NICE PHOTOS TO CHEAT US INTO TAKING HIS CHEAP PACKAGE. HE MENTIONED THAT HE JUST STARTED UP BUT HAS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN TAKING BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOS. AFTER WE PAID HIM, HE KEEP SAYING HE IS BUSY AND TOLD US NOT TO CHASE HIM FOR THE PHOTOS WHEN WHAT WE DID IS ASK HIM POLITELY WHEN WILL WE BE GETTING THE EDITED PHOTOS. HE ALSO SAID THAT HE WILL DO A "SIMPLIFIED" JOB IF WE WANT IT SO FAST. WE JUST RECEIVED THE EDITED PHOTOS 2 DAYS AGO.HIS "EDITED PHOTOS" IS SO WELL DONE BY JUST ENHANCING THE COLOUR OF THE PHOTOS AND MAKING IT SHARPER. HE HAS RUINED OUR ROM PHOTOGRAPHES AND RUINED OUR JOY AND TOTALLY DISGUSTED BY HIS LAME EXCUSES.

ANY BTB PLEASE BEWARE TO FALL INTO HIS TRAP!

Woah dkny, I think you are really bent on spoiling Bob's business with so many posts around. Its not nice to make personal attacks too, perhaps you could edit the Short and Fat out? Anyway cool down, I think your husband can settle this more amicably?

But anyway I do think Bob handled the situation badly too once he posted your pictures online. I am in the service line, and I am trained that customers are always right. Even if they are not right, we are also on the losing side. It is like your boss/paymaster, one does not argue with them. No, you are always on the losing side and can only walk away.

I admit I was not an easy "customer" myself during my own wedding. But ultimately he still did not lose his cool and gave good service, in the end we gave him an extra big ang pow. 2 weeks later we also gave him 1 successful referral. And surprisingly he charges lower than Bob's $1088 photo package.

I sort of sided with Bob initially but I think the situation changed once Bob posted your photos online without consent.

Some people are quite sensitive about this. I know this feeling, because I really love my wedding pictures ultimately and my photograher also wanted to showcase it as a portfolio, but we declined. I guess some people just do not want their faces and their relatives to be seen by the whole world, the internet is actually a dangerous place and such things do haunt you later when you least expect it.

Anyway, cheer up, it is Christmas.

flora_bliss

dkny, I can definitely understand your anxiety and frustration. Every bride wants nothing but the best for their important day. It's absolutely natural for you to get agitated when things did not turn out as your expectation.

However, I've personally seen and experienced Bobman's work. I've not noticed anything unprofessional. Perhaps there have been some miscommunication between you and the photographer somewhere along the way? I feel that this matter should be taken down from this forum and settle in private amicably. There is simply no point in creating angry shoutouts to each other here and in turn causing general panic to those who have engaged Bobman as their photographer.

And to all the 3rd parties (which include myself), we should all refrain from rubbing it in and stop making any comments. Let the concerning parties resolved this issue among themselves in private.

dkny6826

Hi Flora Bliss,

I understand that you trust and like Bob's work and has friends who are great supporters of him, but do you really need to follow along all my threads? If there is nothing to hide, what are you thinking for the heart of all new brides and taking it so personal?

There is clearly no miscommunication breakdown with bob. His works are nice which he did showed us in his webbie. Thats why we signed up with him. But along the way, we had empty promises and an unmistakably impatientness frm him and absolutely agonizing to have a photographer who cant capture the rings on the fingers during exchange of rings. It would be nice if your friends could have that special capture of once in a life time not to be missed.

I admit I was too harsh the way I acted initally, its pure childish and immature thats why I had stop all the name callings. But seems that your friends who have signed up with him seems to be the ones who are pot calling the kettle black(nec).Please also let your friends know that the world doesnt care if they look like a b*itch when they dont smile.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/36737/448368.html?1198509634

As a matter of fact, I find it distasteful and despise people who bark aimlessly at vulnerable brides.

This is an open forum and I really hope that any happy brides should not end up so shattered. This is where Im coming from.

dkny, I think the photos are already taken down on that photobucket website. The pictures are sort of "cached" in your browser, so if you click on them you can still see them. However new users cannot see. Just try clicking on any links, you will see, but once you press F5 to refresh you will get an invalid page. Either that or you clear your Temporary Internet Files.

dkny, really, the more i read the comments of others on you, the more sad I feel for you too. My husband feels the same way too after he read your predicament.

We feel very strongly about this, may I share my two cents.

Though you have your mishandlings intially (which you have since apologised), but as a paying customer, you have your rights too. Hello, anybody still remember dkny is a paying customer? This is regardless of how much you paid for the service, be it $1k or $3k.

Are we saying that only high paying customers have the right to enjoy good service and photos?
Obviously your case was not handled properly. I remember my own photographer was also very busy as he is quite hot, we chased him for photos after 5 working days. Yes, we chased him, we did not merely ask him (I do apologise for this now). Instead of shrugging it off as "no time" very busy to meetup, he mailed 1 RAW copy to us and another copy to my in-laws who are overseas. We offered to drop by his place to pick it up, but he told us our time is also very precious, he will courier it over so all in all less than 24 hours it was sent over. In the end he needed 3-4 weeks to do up the photos, I accept that reason because he was so nice, it was both a win-win situation. There was not an instance in which I was given "no time" as an answer, in fact he went the extra mile in giving service. And hey, my package is cheaper than your $1088!

Nevermind if he has forgotten to show up for an appointment, you have shown your patience in this too. But no time? All in all, it boils down to the customer relationship management skills of the person. Even if such simple matters are handled improperly between the couple and the photographer, and it is just a simple verbal answer in this instance, how can one trust him or her to handle and control several hundred people during the wedding day?

I just feel that as paying customers no matter if we are going for a high price package or simple wedding package, we have the right to ask and get an answer, any answer as long as it is reasonable. And not be shrugged off as demanding people, or in your case "no time". Anybody forgotten that we are talking about the service industry here? Can the hotel people tell you "no time" as an answer when you ask for a drink? Its absurd!

I came across even lower priced packages, that doesn't mean the customers will need to be given "peanuts".

zcerd

what u pay is wat u get.

Most impt is u like the photos taken by the photographer. and have really check on those couple that have the wedding done up with photos (standard usually 300).

Look at those photographs. not just the wedding photographer own portfolio. most of the photographer of course will show their best work.

zcerd

$600 is Cheap rate. not normal rate haha

After searching and get to know some of those photographer.

I was told eg $600, minus off printing cost, lets say 30cent per photo. 300 x 30cent = $90, + album , depend on what album they give. can be $10 onwards.

make it $100 for all then. $500 for 12hr on site + x man hour editing photos..

Dont think u will want to take up actual day photography as a job after the calculation.

So conclusion, those who just start being actual day photographer have to charge this price to get more jobs and portfolio.

try look at those photos taken by those charging at those rates and those who charge at $1k and abv. think u will understand why (thou not all will understand as different people

merrime

mmmmmmm..........

You'll be surprised... I know some wedding photographer, For the top-end market in singapore, is charging

$1K per/hr !!!!!!

*edit: PER HOUR RATES!! =P

tasmania

know a PG, few month ago still charge 600 for whole day AD shoot.incl. 300 x 4R, with 1 solid album + DVD
not sure about the rate now.

He is good photographer, professional but is very shy. dont recommend it for someone who need the PG to "Gao Qi Fen" on AD. Well, most ppl need PG to create the atmosphere right

zcerd

400 photos.. eg. $120
Soild Album eg . $35.
$600 - $155 = $445 / 12hrs service = abt $37 per hr

now.. thats really cheap.

would like to see his work. can share the link?

tasmania

not sure about his package now. i think should be changed due to inflation....
happy.gif

also, don't want to advertise his work here. I don't get any advertisement or referral fee from him..
happy.gif

jessipper

I think 1k-2k is reasonable lah. If you can spend 3-5k in wedding boutique and prewedding, why not spend more to get quality photographer to finish the whole wedding occassion? You only have one wedding in your life and i think it is a memorable thing to keep for life. Cheers!

kitty_chewyl

It's seems like tons of fake professional in the market...Must be look for a company more than personal. :<

From Yin Lyee Chew--Muak!

zcerd

Kitty,

Have you heard before that there was this bridal shop close down suddenly and all their customer were not inform ?
happy.gif

he_is_suck

I extremely agree with dkny about bobman.

Dont fall into his trap. becareful

The real result of his photo is not the same quality as the one he posted in his website!!!!!

Dont fall into the trap of his competitive price.

kai9

On general side,

it's best to check every single details before making serious decision. From the apperance, words of mouth, portfolios, clients' testimonials, yrs of experiences, licensed PG, any awards, from any PG asso.....etc

All this are very very cruical before engaging their services.

So lets all be extra careful of it.

vennice

Yes I strongly agree, licensed with black and white records are the best. Whatever it is, if the PG did not return or provide what it is stated, you have the rights to say and pursue what you deserve for the money you have paid for! Get some live experience from friends or people around you too!