Bangkok

dear_dear

Hi Win,

I hv been to the website that you mentioned but my parents prefer with airport transfer & 1/2 city tours instead of the 1 day skytrain...When if ur trip?

Now I m trying to hunt for good & reasonable price SPA so that went I got BKK I can 'relax' myself...kekeke...too stress up in singapore

dear_dear

I hv gather some information on BKK shopping opening hrs & those zoo opening hrs & prices...if any of you are interested leave ur email address here...

sirwin

Hi dear,

then go for it as preferred, but rem to budget your cost to e driver/tour guide per PAX even when tis is oni a half-day tour.

Mine is 10-15Nov Tiger airways morning/asia hotel/metered taxis at e airport counter-hotel conceign transfer.

I rem taking dwn 1 plc near novotel hotel area recommended in bkk thread but for massage/foot reflexology oni, nt spa...i'll try to pt u to e spa thread later.

dear_dear

hi win,

so u r going earlier than me...when u r back, tell me abt the tiger airway & asia hotel experience hor...we are taking the same flight & staying asia hotel...kekeke...

bit_bit

Hi,

Just for info, Marble House is on the right hand side of the row of shophouses facing the side exit of Novotel..
happy.gif

btw, can anyone tell me wat is tiger show?? din get a chance to see while in BKK... thanks..

sirwin

hi bit bit,

I also nvr seen it personally, but it's a XXX kinda of live performance,,,e last thing i know is it cost 500 baht per head, will be gd if take to tat plc by ur tour guide. thnks.

dear_dear

Ladies,

I got this namecard from my colleague who have been to bangkok recently on massage...she got the price list too...and the whole group of my colleagues are coming back on monday from a meeting at bkk...i will check with them again & let u ladies know on monday if i got any latest update...

192528.jpg

esterlla

Hi dear,

Would appreciate if you could email me the list. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks! : )

Hi Win,

I have also applied for the Tiger Airway card, but have not recd yet. YOu got it liao? I am also a bit worried for my hotel since I booked through local travel agent. Will call the hotel to direct confirm again next week. Too paiseh to call the Thailand local agent liao.

esterlla

Hi dear,

Would appreciate if you could email me the list. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks! : )

Hi Win,

I have also applied for the Tiger Airway card, but have not recd yet. YOu got it liao? I am also a bit worried for my hotel since I booked through local travel agent. Will call the hotel to direct confirm again next week. Too paiseh to call the Thailand local agent liao.

slow

For foot massage - so many outside the Novotel Siam Square Hotel. The one I go to always is Lek which most locals go to. Very basic looking but the service is goods. But Chang looks more professional (more touristy) and Marble House looks sleazy but I tried also and think it is not bad.

My friend told me to go to Health Land for massage but I have not been able to locate it. Anyone knows where exactly it is?

emcee

My collegue had just came back from bangkok nad he and his wife was patronising this "Chang Foot Massage" daily.

He said the oil massage is good...

sirwin

Hi Joy,

I juz got it yday, tink will use e voucher for nxt mar phuket trip.

for directrms.com, the hotel was booked under a local agent there as well, I've printed out e hotel voucher under tis local agent to show to e reception there.

deathstar

morning dear,

I'm also interested in the list. can email it to [email protected]?

Thanks.

Btw, saw someone asking abt what tiger show is abt. I actually managed to catch one in Pattaya a couple of years back.

Put it simply, it's a dying form of art where you'll see gers performing extraordinary stunts with 'you-know-what' part of their bodies. Some may find this act offensive and XXX, but if u look at it at a different perspective, it can be a very eye-opening experience. Me and wifey enjoyed it thoroughly!!! But definately not for the faint hearted and underage.

kelly_koh

Hey all!!

Just confirmed my trip to BKK last week. Booked everything DIY on Tiger Airways and Asia Hotel. Total costs came up to only $279 per pax from 26th November to 30th November. Is it a good deal??

esterlla

Hi win,

I am also planning to go phuket next yr...same plans! Should check if my card is approved.When did u apply?

Hi dear,

Thanks! I got the list.

sirwin

U got a gd deal, kelly,,,care to split your hotel(with ABF? from?)/flight cost? thnks.

Hi Joy, I applied on e 2nd oct online, submitted my docs on e 4th oct. I am targeting the friday hol which fall in mar05.

kelly_koh

Hi all,

Details as follows:

Asia Hotel 26-30 Nov : $240 ($60 per night)
Tiger Airways SIN-BKK (1.15pm - 2.25pm): $60 per pax
Tiger Airways BKK-SIN (3.10pm - 6.30pm): $50 per pax
Singapore Airport Tax : $49

Anyone of you knows the location of the famous 4-faced buddha in BKK?? Heard it's near the main road or something.....

postpet2

ladies,

read from archive threads that Hai Wai Tian in Chinatown is worth going for sharksfin and so forth. can someone give a gauge on how much is it?
Does it only sell sharksfin or other food like our 'zi char' stall?
Which part of chinatown is it as well? how to find?

bit_bit

Hi Postpet2

for sharksfin & bird nest, is 100 baht each per serving (they have different type of sharksfin & birdnest soup, think the most ex ones cos abt 500 baht per serving).. they also have other dishes like claypot fish maw/sea cucumber, crabs, prawns, poultry etc...

Hubby & I spent abt 1,300 baht (had sharksfin/birdnest/claypot fish maw/claypot sea cucumber/steam prawn/a plate of vegetable).. quite worthwhile! but of course if compare w roadside stall is consider ex lah..

is actually bit far from White Orchid Hotel, the cab driver dropped us at the beginning of Chinatown, we walked for abt 5 mins then located the restaurant... u got to walk along the road then u can see the prominent yellow signboard... the window near the entrance of the restaurant is filled with chinese articles (mainly written by Hong Kong reporters featuring HK stars makaning in the shop)

dear_dear

Ladies,

I managed to get the following info on Chang Foot Massage

Operation Hours: 09:00AM - 02:00AM

Foot Reflexology - 300 Baht (60mins) 600 Baht (120mins)
Thai Massage - 250 Baht (60mins) 400 Baht (120mins)
Oil Massage - 500 Baht (60mins) 900 Baht (120mins)
Aroma Massage - 750 Baht (60mins) 1300 Baht (120mins)

Manicure + Pedicure - 250 Baht/set

esterlla

Hi dear,

thanks so much for the information!You are really a dear! heh heh...

Hi win,
I applied 2 oct too, but went to roadshow at faber house. If I know internet faster, should have applied through the net then! My card is approved from my internet banking,but i have not recd it yet...

I am planning the trip during the hari raya hols in jan, which happen to fall near my birthday...

dear_dear

Hi Yenny, will email you at nite bcoz the file is at my hse computer...

BTW, ladies latest news check out today Strait Times under Life Section...Many information abt BKK...

postpet2

no...me not staying in asia hotel...staying in ambassador hotel...
first time trying...dunno how is it...
the bedsupperclub featured in today's paper is near the hotel. so is this andanan spa...its near BTS too...i really hope its ok...