Bangkok

princessjen

Hi Joy,

I tried to PM not sure if u rec my msg.
Need yr help leh..my FH jus told me his buddy name that i keyed in Tiger website is wrong.
Hw did u manage to chng the name?i rem u manage to remove yr chrsitian name...
Thanks.. :
happy.gif

sirwin

wow, long time no come here jalan jalan liao, have complied new update from where I left off.
biggrin.gif

Hi princessjen, if U book TR tixs via phone, can call them up like I do to correct e typo err, else for online booking, there is a link in their website, look for 'modify booking' on their mainpage to change accordingly.

Hi aloha, hw u find krabi? by which airway did u take to krabi? thnks.

esterlla

Hi princessjen,

I emailed them to change, they replied in the mid day. I told them to put my full name in.

What's your email? I forward the email to you.
I am not too sure if I can get PM. How do i check?

postpet2

hi joy,
you mean the details for the new airline is out?

wow...can mail me to kpo a bit...me booked tiger as well...but got more options next time lah..

princessjen

Hi joy,

Thanks for yr response.xie xie ni
PM actually send u a private email to yr acct..hehe mayb u dun chk email often isit?
rofl.gif

Anyway i hv aredi send an email to them..hope they response in time.
my email addy is [email protected]

Anyway,

esterlla

Hi princessjen,

They usually take some time to response, about 0.5 day for me. My friend's email got replied 1 week later..luckily that was not something urgent.

When's your departure?

andreal

Morn all,
i be flying to BKK by tomolo, so happy!!yohooo.
btw just to share, there's a small shrine in chatuchak which u can pray for 'intelligence' sumthing like chn pray for clever in study etc.

Anyone heard abt JetAsia?

Hi Joy!
can i hv that email abt the new flight too *winkz*

Hi princessjen,
i will try bloomingspa tis time round, will update u abt it when im bk hor hehe.

johnandrachel

Heeeloooo

So long liao, so many pple flying off soon....
sad.gif
I still have to wait till end nov.... xian har...
anyway people who wan to know wat JETASIA is about i give a one Word summary first 'EXPENSIVE'
unless you are an entrepuener
unless you own numerous properties
unless you strike toto
blah blah blah and blah.....
if not,
FORGET IT.
they are a service for the posh higher end pple.
so everyone on budget can just leave this option out. if you got time go to their website to find out lor.... but the plane very nice and luxurious inside.

so to the pple out there flying off soon, have a safe trip, enjoy , make babies if you wan (can earn money from the govt), come back in one piece and SHARE your experience with the pple still on the waiting list here.....

sirwin

Hi Joy,

same here, didnt realli compile nicely, merely noted dwn my targeted destinations on papers,,,hope to ve sometink by Nov.

I thought e JetAsia mentioned by Andreal(believed she shld ve left for BKK by nw) is e JetStar Asia to be launched by Qantas coming tis Dec, so it is nt e one she asking

Btw, UOB-Tiger airways have this credit card tieup & 1st 10K successful applicants can fly off to BKK, PHU or Hatyai for $30 round trip(excluding $49 charges/taxes), vaild till end Apr 05.

andreal

Oh hehe im flying by 6th.

hi Winnie,
thks!!
happy.gif

hi John,
nvm nov coming soon and the weather will be so much better *S* paisay the one i referred is JetStar Asia. JetAsia i knew cos aldy read abt it.

hi win,
yup shd be the JetStar Asia..ops! hahah.
is the one launched by Qantas coming tis dec. Its supposed to be a budget airway too rite? *grin* but i kinda like their uniforms shown on news.

Hey! i read abt the UOB-Tiger airways credit card too, are u applying?

bit_bit

Hi Folks!

I'm back from BKK!!
happy.gif

yesterday was beezy clearing work, hence no time to come in here to post my review...

Chatuchak market was really an eye-opener for us! After going there, our masar malam really no fight! oso, things seems to be a lot more expensive at shopping centers after u've seen similar stuff at the market...

hee, bought quite a bit of lingerie at Isetan.. Warcoal brands really worth buying!

Thai massage really works wonders! Our tired & much tortured legs felt as good as new after the massaging session!
happy.gif

3D 2N definitely not enuff for hardcore shoppers!
lol.gif

I would like to express my thanks to you guys here... I really gathered a lot of useful info (maps, where to makan/shop, wat to avoid etc) in this thread, Hubby was absolutely impressed that I managed to compile the list of what-to-do within a few days time span
happy.gif

Thanks for making our 2nd Honeymoon trip a fruitful & memorable one.. we will definitely visit BKK again!
168252.gif

princessjen

Hi Joy,

<font color="0000ff">thanks 4 the email..me flying off this coming mth end 30th oct to 3rd Nov..cant wait liao neck beri long aredi..touch dwn liao sure confirm chiong for shopping..hehe..by the way,this time tigerair response was fast received in e aftern..somemore got 3x response from them</font>
168256.gif

hi andreal

<font color="aa00aa">u come back mus definitely update me on blooming spa leh..aiyo abit ulu so stil not beri sure if its worth making all e way there..when u cm back??me thot of asking FH to apply e UOB card leh..since we like to travel to Thailand so much..u enjoy yr trip hor..</font>
168257.jpg

johnandrachel

andreal

think i got mix up too...paiseh paiseh.
i very worry about the few birdflu case in thailand leh. hope it will not affect at all. come back and update us ok. enjoy har.....

esterlla

Hi Postpet,

i was supposed to send you the material on orient thai ( new airlines) . Not compilation. Think you might be confused. Have you got the one on the airlines?

alleb

Hi Death Star,

I am going end of this oct for 7D6N. I read through the whole forum on Bangkok. It is actually beri informative like where are the major shopping areas. Maybe u can try reading through. beware of the GEM scam thing.
I am scare of the bird flu thing oso. Hope it will not worse by that time. Well, tickets already paid... just have to pray hard
happy.gif

deathstar

wah jsamine....

U're actually going for 7 dayz!!

I'm actually going there for 6D5N with wifey and frenz and i'm already thinking it will be quite boring but i guess otherwise for ur case eh??

Anyway u enjoy ur trip there huh... keep me updated on the happenings there too. thanks =)

wedding9999

Hi deathstar, u going for 6D5N ? Which airline u flying ? Morning / nite flight ? Which hotel ? How much u pay ?

Woh Jasmine, u going for 7D6N ? So long ? Nite flight ? How much ? Which hotel u staying ?

I heard of the chatchutak wkend mkt which stuff are cheap over there but very hot &amp; crowded....;p

andreal

hi Joy,
haha it got nothing to do w/ orient thai asia.
FYI there is a new flight called JetStar Asia gona come in dec so dats why im asking ard
happy.gif

hey n bit bit,
WOW..really happy that ur 2nd honeymoon in BKK was so memorable, u did a good job in sourcing all the info leh hehe.

hi princessjen!
yoo..ok will do *winkz* aldy print out a big map of that spa. Hope its not too ulu or else gota miss it...so sayang.

Hi John,
thks! i oso scare scare bird flu :X
No prob, will update u ppl when im back.

Wish u all a great wkends ahead!!!
happy.gif

deathstar

rally,

No lah... Not thinking that it's boring or wat, its just that 6D5N is kinda long lor. Anyway, its becoz there's all flights back are booked, that's why I'm staying for another additional day. Heard from my collegaue that for the first couple of dayz of bargining and shopping is quite fun but when it comes to the last few days, it can get quite tiresome as it's damn hot, esp if we're making trips to chatuchak mkt. Lucky for me as I'm a shopping freak.. =P

wedding9999,

Me and wifey will be going there by Valuair. Think the flight there is 12 noon if im not wrong. Will be back on the 16th ard the same time as well. Gonna stay at Asia Hotel with a 1 night ext at 30 bucks. Paid a sum like 398 for it.

alhana,

The reason of starting a new thread is becoz all the previous one has got too much archives lah. Some more some of the archives are not in sequence. That's y im thinking of starting a new one. Hope its not too troublesome for u... =)

deathstar

Anyway, I'll post my replies here then... Thanks for the merge, webmaster... =)

rally,

No lah... Not thinking that it's boring or wat, its just that 6D5N is kinda long lor. Anyway, its becoz there's all flights back are booked, that's why I'm staying for another additional day. Heard from my collegaue that for the first couple of dayz of bargining and shopping is quite fun but when it comes to the last few days, it can get quite tiresome as it's damn hot, esp if we're making trips to chatuchak mkt. Lucky for me as I'm a shopping freak.. =P

wedding9999,

Me and wifey will be going there by Valuair. Think the flight there is 12 noon if im not wrong. Will be back on the 16th ard the same time as well. Gonna stay at Asia Hotel with a 1 night ext at 30 bucks. Paid a sum like 398 for it.

alhana,

The reason of starting a new thread is becoz all the previous one has got too much archives lah. Some more some of the archives are not in sequence. That's y im thinking of starting a new one. Hope its not too troublesome for u... =)

deathstar

Guys,

Need some serious planning here.
I'm gonna reach BKK on 11th Nov and will stay till 16th. U ppl mentioned soooooo many places to visit till I'm blurred liao.

Anyone willing to come up with the shopping iternary plans for me anot??? Thanks a million in advance.

I saw in a previous thread someone mentioned abt Pantip Plaza. Anyone been there b4?? I'm actually thinking of going there for some priated DVD shopping... kekek....

rally

deathstar,
i think if u plan properly, u can fill out all the days with programs so wun be tiresome. weather is hot so maybe during the day u stay indoors as much as possible or travel by taxi.
Esp if u like shopping, i think 6D5N not enough.

If ur thread is deleted it could be either too few posting, inactive or duplicate thread.

rally

deathstar
pantip is quite near your Asia hotel. Its like our Sim Lim Sq for all computer stuff. For dvd not sure if its really cheaper than JB but do check the quality before u buy.

what r things u like to do? just shoppping/sightseeing/entertainment/tailor
maybe can give u some suggestions

deathstar

rally,

thanks for ur advice.... will definately check on the quality of Dvds b4 i purchase
happy.gif

I'm there mostly for shopping lar. But unsure on where to start first. Kinda scared if i start buying at MBK then go chatuchak there, the price cheaper. Skali travel to pratunam mkg, even cheaper still.... kekeke..

Things i'm looking for ranges from t shirts, shorts, to shoes, sunglasses and baby clothings.. I have a 1yr+ baby ger... so must get something for her too... =)

Sightseeing wise, nothing much that wifey wanna see leh.. been to their river ride, srirachai tiger zoo, snake farm previously.... but we're very interested in watching the tiger show again... ahhaha... damn good experience =)

postpet2

sorry, joy, yeah. me got blur blur liao...
thanks. i got your orient star info..

think its winnie that i want to look for.
Winnie : Can i have your compilation pls...
cos my trip coming up soon lah...

ladies, any recommendation for home furnishing ah?

postpet2

oh yeah, for bulk purchase, is it cheaper to get it from Chatuchat or Chinatown or suan lum market?
I mean items suitable for wedding favours lah...not T-shirts, etc...

anyone got theirs from BKK recently?

alhana

deathstar

You don't really need to sieve thru all the archived posts. U can just go in and post ure qns..the pple here will be more than happy to give you their 2 cents worth :p Really..no need to start new thread coz duplicate threads just lead to confusion (pple have to decide which one to read, which one to post in..and of coz, more work for the moderator :p) The other BKK thread is really active..I think you'll be able to gather more suggestions and advice there then by starting a new thread coz pple may not want to post the same info again after having posted in the other thread..ya know what I mean? And the more pple the thread, the merrier! U can reap advice from many more reliable sources
happy.gif

Hv fun planning ure trip
happy.gif

rally

deathstar,

u shld go pratunam mkt first to walk abt n see the range of garments. Definately the cheapest cos they supply to MBK Chatuchat also. Then head to MBK acessories n knick knacks. When u head for chatuckak on ur 3rd or 4th day, u will know roughly the prices so can bargain better.

postpet,

for bulk purchase i would say chinatown would be better. most things there are for wholesale. u may wanna try the narayana phand handicraft centre opp WTC (next to gaysorn). chakuchak will be better than suan lum too.

yamiyogurt

postpet, if u r buying in bulk (like more than 50 pieces etc...) then u may be able to get a better price at pratunam market cos it is the wholesale mkt. Chatuchat is a good place to buy in bulk too (they have 'wholesale prices' n 'odd pieces' price) , maybe u can go pratuman (near baiyoke sky hotel) first then go chatuchat.

personally i think chatukchat has more choices.
happy.gif
afterall it is the biggest market. seriously it depends on ur bargaining power n which stall u go to
happy.gif

deathstar, suggest u visit chatukchat first....shld be the cheapest... i find pratunam only cheap if u buy in bulk. if u buy jus a few pieces of tee shirts, no wholesale prices for u :p

deathstar

yami,
thanks for ur advice, but I'll be there from thurs, and the weekend mkt oni opens on weekends, so i guess maybe I'll head down to pratunam mkt and the rest of the places to look look see see before ending it off at the weekend mkt.

rally, thanx for ur advice too
happy.gif

deathstar

speaking of scouting around, u ppl suggest patpong or suam lum night bazzar?? which is better for bargining and variety??

rally

suan lum have more home decor stuff/ gifts etc like a mini chatuchat except more orderly and clean.

Patpong in terms of shopping more expensive and unless u speak thai, its hard to get good bargains there. On the other hand, patpong is the place to go to see girlie show, bar-pole dancing etc.. or just to soak in the atmosphere of the crowd there.

if im not mistaken suan lum closes at 12am while patpong at 1am.

anyway u can spend few hrs in patpong and another few hrs in suan lum

jan1399

Hi winnie

What's this compilation list that everyone is asking you for? I'm curios....;)

I just booked my BKK trip today. Going on a 5D4N with hubby. Finnair and staying at twin towers....including tax, only $328. Good deal?

Also, can I chk with you experts...if i were to buy bulky home items from chatuchat, do they have courier service to send these items to spore? any ideas on the rates?

andreal

Gd morn!
happy.gif

just bk fr BKK yest..weather @BKK is sunny thru'out our trip. BTW its my 1st time taking SAS Airways (Scandinavian) to BKK. The plane itself &amp; amenities are v.new, seats are more spacious than SQ. Act. all seats in plane hv touch screen tv BUT only the '1st class' &amp; 'economy plus' are issued w/ headphone while the 'economy class' (which is lower than econ. plus) dun hv. For us, did not really matter. As for meal, its a sandwitch..with snack pack (Mars choc./small cup mineral water etc) beside the free flow of juice,soft drinks,coffee etc. When we asked for wine, they gave the whole small btl to each of us...ehehe so we shared 1 btl while the rest took em off plane. Overall i will still take SAS again.

Abt Eastin Hotel which we stayed turned out so much nicer than we expected. The hotel itself is new, deco is grand. Staffs svc can be comparable to a 4star hotel one *winkz* Food and room also not bad..all these make the hotel stand out. Lotsa guests during tos days, noticed more european prefer to stay there. Its definitely better than D'MA &amp; Twin Tower which i stayed last time.

There's a new 7-11 opp. Eastin, Thongchai seafood restaurant had closed down liao, such a pity as their food were delicious &amp; cheap. As for Joy Collection tailor which we mentioned opp. Eastin Hotel earlier, the addy is :

35/75 Soi Wattanawong
Rajprarop Road, Pratunam
Tel : (662)253-4257 Fax : (662)253-4084
Open fr 9am-10pm

Hee..as usual for us, go BKK must do shopping and visit Erawan Shrine!! we got most of our buys eg. shoes/kids'wear/clothing/bags blah blah at Chatuchak..followed by Siam Sq &amp; MBK (esp spa products @Boots), accesories fr.Sampeng (within Chinatown) &amp; of cos Suan Lum too. Oh btw we did not go bloomingspa cos due to its location, hard to fit into out itinery ;P

Due to bird flu, we did not go to the pets section @Chatuchak. Guess as a foreigner, we just gota be abit more careful cos i tink to the ppl of thai...life is just norm.
happy.gif