Bangkok

css80

Hi,
I'm planning for a 6day trip to Bangkok/Pataya in July. Any recommendation for the hotel in both place? How to book the transport to travel from Bangkok to Pataya and how much is that? Any suggestion for itinerary for the trip? How to go to Dreamworld? Thanks.....

bloomiey

c@ss80: Not recommended to go dreamworld unless you are bringing kids there to play cos its far away. Taking cab is prob as far as airport. If you really wanna go, then get the info from the website or hotel. they have hotel transfer.

stacy

Hi Ling,

M not sure leh..cos' its my gf who bought me there. didn't know if she book in advance for us boh.

Hi Royal, i m going in end aug...where will u be staying? I mean hotel?

icebaby0

c@ss80, if u intend to have a fuss free trip to BKK/Pattaya, I guess to get the package under the focal group. Which covers food, tours, hotel, etc. It might be cheaper that way.

I think the 6D5N is around $329 (w/o tax).

kaye

hi...
think I had called them up a few days ago...
the hotel is white orchid or something like tat which is nt near to shopping center.
tats y so cheap....but dun think their taxi fare can be tat ex too...So its still worth it.

och

hi,
i've booked my tickets to bkk in july. staying at the baiyoke sky.

may i know what is the easiest way to get to suanlum night market, chatuchuk n chinatown fr baiyoke sky? is the area safe enough for us to stay out late at night?

kaye

och,
I stayed at Baiyoke Sky 2 yrs ago....
its quite safe...
I nt sure abt the nite mkt, but I know U can walk abt 15~20mins to a train stn or something like tat & take a train to chatuck...jux like MRT..think its called sky train.
Quite easy to walk...
Jux remember to take the map fr the airport & U will roughly know how to walk.

I also thinking of going in Jul ard 21 Jul...how abt u?
btw, how much is yr pkg? N fr which agency?

schnauzie

i always take taxi to suan lum..think the train station is pretty far...but the last time i was there it is gettin quite difficult to leave suan lum.

i think the place overall is pretty safe to walk ard at night...the last time i was there i was still roamin on the streets at 1am plus...but this time goin with my sis only so may steer off the quieter streets and may think twice before takin taxi at night.

can i ask if the naraya at asia hotel is as good as the one at patpong?

och

hi hazel,
thanks. i'm going on the 7th, returning after the world cup final. we din go through a travel agent, booked our own air tickets fr air asia n dunno where my hubby got the hotel.

can i just check if u take a taxi to siam square or do u walk? how long is the walk?

is there a gd place to get plates n housewares?

kaye

Siam SQ?
Is it the one near Novotel Siam?
I m nt so sure...I didnt really walk fr Baiyoke to that area..
I sort of walked abt 20mins to MBK and abt 15~20mins to Novotel?

I m thinking of staying at Twin Tower....
its slightly cheaper than Baiyoke Sky...as its not taht convenient...

anise

Just changed baht..
rate is $100=2385bahts..

anyone noe if it is easy to get a cab from airport that go on meter? What i noe if you get out from the arrival main, the taxi stand there charge 500 bht normal.. anyone got any ideA?

blurrz

500baht is too ex... normally cost ard 250baht... and sometimes taxi queues r damn long! horrid lor...

the rates like not tat gd liaoz... cannot change a lot...

anise

wah its onli 250baht.. hmm must take note.. so anyone took a cab before from the airport that goes by meter??? should take from where?? the taxi stand? but as wat i rem, all fix prices... weird

therat

250 Baht

wah .. that is by meter per cab?

How abt from hotel to airport?

If take taxi from airport to hotel. Any things to note off. Like what to avoid, etc...

purple_rain

Hi royal pika rat

just ensure they go by meter, most likely, hv to pay toll charge 20baht per entry (just like our erp). The other time, i took from Baiyoke to airport is 165baht. The traffic is very smooth at the highway.

purple_rain

Hi anise,

Once u come out from arrival hall, just walk to the taxi stand, there is a booth with a counter girl asking where u wana go, then she will write down a paper & pass to the taxi driver, pls tell e driver BY METER. There will be an additional 50baht surcharge (just like our airport, hv to pay $5 extra).

Or u can walk to departure hall & flag any oncoming cab, cos no need to pay extra 50baht. I hv not try before in my last trip, but will try on my coming trip in July. Hee...

purple_rain

Hi schnauzie,

Me too. When i was at suan lum, there was a sudden downpour, no choice hv to leave the place. There are taxis everywhere, but refuse to take passengers who want to go by meter & insist on a flat rate and they give u those attitude : take it or leave it... when u said METER, they just drove away. In the end, no choice agreed on 100baht back to Baiyoke Sky. Haiz...

deathstar

Guys/Gals,

I'm going there next wed. can i check with those who just came back a few days ago on the weather over there?? Is it rainy?

therat

Hi Purple Rain,

Thks.
My fight will touch BKK @ 7 plus pm. Is that time hard to get taxi.
As I'm going with my family, got kid some more. So need to be more carefull.

schnauzie

royal pika,

if u r goin in a group maybe u can consider taking the airport transfer at the airport. cost more but vehicle is bigger and no need to Q

Purple rain. happened to us too..somemore no cab, and any other cabs/ tutu charge us very expensive too

therat

Hi Schnauzie,

Family of 3 only.

BTW, has anyone stay or heard this hotel :Watana Mansion be4. Any commend.
Is it easy to find or more around.

bloomiey

Go Departure Hall & take cab. There are quite a number of cabs there willing to go by meter. On my first try asking for meter, they immed agree and turn on even without me reminding them.
Just go up the escalator after leaving the custom of the airport, then u will reach the Arrival Hall(level 2).

schnauzie: Dont worry, Bangkok is even more safe than Singapore at lonely lanes. I walked with my friends several times when all shops closed, nothing happens..

Another thing i noticed is their restrooms are even more clean than SG shopping centres. SG restrooms are still lagging far behind them. If SG can have such clean restrooms, that would be great.

<b>Och:</b>Take cab there... Its cheap. But be careful some taxi drivers might be an ass, driving you the long way there...

och

hi yanling,
thanks for the advise.
happy.gif

anise

purple rain... thanks for ur advice. mi going on this coming wed but reaching at noon.. so guess won't be that hard to get a cab from the arrival hall.. so after we leave the custom, juz take a escalator to the arrival hall...

thanks for all the info.. =)

wedding9999

Hi,

Can anyone give me advice on the following 3 hotels ?

1) Baiyoke Sky
2) Baiyoke Suite
3) Novotel Siam

Any comments on their room, breakfast, service, distance to airport, etc ? Roughly how much to take taxi to &amp; from airport from these 3 hotels ?

Thks so much !

bloomiey

wedding9999: Cabs fr airport to those 3 hotels you mentioned are about the same rate of approx 160THB (By Meter). Toll charge 20THB.

Novotel Siam good location. Price on the high side, if you don't mind then its ok. Try getting Pathumwan Princess would be much better since both prices are abt the same.
Baiyoke Suite is a old hotel, don't bother booking it for that price.
Baiyoke Sky, average hotel. Great breakfast. Rooms big. Price on the average to low side. Located at Pratunam Market area. Lotsa cheap deals and very happening esp sunday morning. Can consider staying there if you u wanna save abit on hotel.

butterkiss

hi deathstar,
I am in Bangkok now. Been raining for the past few nights (I was here since Thur) and rained quite heavily on Sat afternoon. Other then that, the weather is lovely. Not too humid.

schnauzie

siam novotel is 114, pathumwan princess is 162 per night.

Just changed my hotel from asia to novotel...pathumwan princess is full >(

deathstar

Yipee...

Just got my confirmation from my travel agency a couple of days ago.. will be staying at arnoma htl....

Just to check, anyone've been to the new ocean world at siam paragon?? Is it good? Im intending to bring my 3 yrs old daughter there.

wedding9999

Thks Yanling !

Was thinking of staying 2 nites at Pratunam Market area (shopping) &amp; 2 nites at Siam area. But budget is abt $180/pax for 4 nites stay (twin sharing, so each pax pay 2 nites).

Was thinking of travelling on wkdays.

Was thinking of buying cheap home deco / stuff.....;p

Any advice ?

Thks !

elaineanne

wedding9999,

For cheap home decor/stuff, Chatuchak market has plenty of them. But you gotta travel on weekends as its only open on weekends.

chelseaxpg

Hi everyone,

I just came back fm BBK last nite. Like butter said raining so heavily on sat, flooded at chinatown. So din shop there at all. The temp was good after the rain.

Just want to tell all guys to be very careful when you are at crowded places. I was being pickpocket at Chatuchak. Luckily I only had 800 THB in that purse!

chelseaxpg

Hi apple

I had my pouch in front of me, when suddenly I realised the 2 zips were opened and found that one of my purse was gone. I had 2 purses in the same compartment and he took my Espirt wallet instead of the kitty purse (which I had more money in it). So I think quite lucky of me.

bloomiey

wedding9999: Best to travel on weekends otherwise you would miss out alot of cheap deals at Chatuchak esp. Pratunam has some cheap deals on weekends too.
yeah get all your deco stuff from Chatuchak. Suam Lum stuff are kinda ex.

Yen:haha.. that guy must have thought the branded wallet sure contain more money.

blurrz

waiting for pple to post tat they going in sep... end sep... hee...

suan lum stuff very ex... hard to nego price as well... might as well spend the $$$ at pratunam... save cab fares too cos suan lum drivers wan a fixed rate of like 200baht lor...

stacy

Hi happi,

Yes, u can get cheap wed favours (like candles, scent holders, chopsticks, etc) @ Chatuchak mkt.

I'll be going BBK in end Aug. Anyone have good itenitary? Eg: makan, pedi/medi, etc...tks!

purple_rain

Hi purple star,

I'm also looking for wedding favours such as chopsticks &amp; organza bags at chatuchak, think really have to explore. I have chatuchak map standby for my trip. However, even with the map, sure will walk until blur, cos too big liao... LOL.

Hi Ling,

Ya, Suan Lum stuff much more expensive. I like the open space where they hv lotsa food stalls, love the mango sticky rice, only 30baht.

schnauzie

i heard bkk flooding then at jj market flood until the rodents and centipedes also got flushed out..*yuck* anyone in bkk now can give an update of the flooding condition there?

blurrz

actually me blur liaoz... wats wedding flavours? those small gifts to the guests?
those chopsticks or kawaii small little purse bag me seen a lot in a few shops in ctc... quite far end behind liaoz... me wlak many lanes till totally blur lor... is it those u all looking for?

purple rain... tell u hor... me very cock eye 1 lor... din even see where the mango sticky rice is... rather crowded as me went on fri nite... very hot n stuffy as well... many stalls see till blur n keep asking my aunt go back liaoz, dun shop anymore... haha... she saw those pretty shawls in suan lum, din get cos cost ard few hundred baht... then at platinum mall, she got wat she wan at quite cheap price...

oh ya... airasia n jetstar having promo on their tickets! faster go grab!

still no 1 going end sep ah... haiz...

foreverhappy

Hi Ice or anyone stayed in samran place can advise me.

Can I check it is save in samran place is there any safe box to keep our stuff?

Pls advise. thanks