Bangkok-where to go for tailored made suits?

momopo

can anyone advise as to where i can go with my bf to make cheap n good tailor-made working shirts n suits in bangkok?

i heard that most of the shop goes back to the same factory to make them but some shops are cheaper.

also, how much did it cost u?

please help, thanx!

postpet2

Hi touraco,

the website look impressive.
So far, i've only tried making shirts and suits at Jackie's. But i dun think the suit is that fantastic.

How is their workmanship? How much time did it take you for normal shirts?

Where is the place actually? cos i'm thinking of making some shirts when i'm there next week.

momopo

how much does it cost roughly to make shirts n suits at Siam Square?

also, where is jackie's and how much does it cost?

thanx for all ur help! =)

squidhead

i think my hubby will be interested to tailor made the shirts in BKK.

Touraco, how long do they take to make a shirt? So can we choose the fabric, design and colour and it only costs ard S$20??

Thanks for your help!

postpet2

Jackie's tailor is very near to BTS Nana Station. In fact, its just below the station.
for work shirts, i actually brought a shirt there and told them to copy the size exactly. this is to play safe lah.
so the end results is not too far from what i had expected...

i paid abt $20+ a little for a shirt as well. the material is to be chosen from the range. they have expensive ones as well. but i picked the normal ones..they have stripe ones, coloured ones. men's and ladie's material the same area. so you can make a set with your hubby
happy.gif

i'm thinking of trying out Joy Collection if i stay in D'ma this round.

it take abt 2 days for work shirts. longer for suits.more fitting required.

squidhead

hi postpet2,

thanks for your reply. Just wondering, if my hubby were to tailor made shirt, is it necessary for us to bring a sample down to the shop? I thought men's shirt is of the "usual standard, cutting kind"??

momopo

anyone has the address to Joy collect near d'ma?

also, postpet2, was the quality of the shirt u made at jackie's good? how to i get there? do u have the exact location?

thanx for helping! ;)

momopo

are female suits n shirts as nicely done in thailand as well?

i am planning to do some for myself as well.

any help? tia!

sharon__joseph

hi chloef,
if u r thinking of tailor-make suit for wedding, can try Taylor Fashion House @ #01-31A Pearl's Centre. Tel: 97335605. my fh's colleague intro us there to do fh's ROM suit. we receive compliments fr relatives on his suit.. they make really cheap and nice suit, think fh's was $260 but also got cheaper range depends on the material u choose lar.. at least no need to fly to BKK since do in BKK also $200+ and wait wanna alter also difficult.

since then my fh went back to do more working pants.. he say cutting more fitting than G2000 & cheaper... most of his colleagues also make their pants there.. quite worth it coz its only wat $80-90 for 3 working pants?? there r i think 3 shops at Pearl Centre 1st flr so make sure u go to the right one.. coz his colleagues tried some other shops there and its not as good...

ginn

Hi sharon,
any idea if they tailor made female suits as well and price wise? Or anyone knows where and how much to tailor made female suits?

Thanks!!

sharon__joseph

hi ginn,
i think they specialize in male leh... so far fh say nv seen they display female wear but u can call and ask lor.. sorri..

chloef

hi sharon,

thks for sharing the info..will pop by to take a look. my hubby finds it hard to get nice pants nowadays and even the shirts are getting more and more expensive!

hey ginn, im also lookin ard for tailor suits...Blum exp too !!

sharon__joseph

chloef,
yalor, mens shirt very ex! a decent one cost at least $50! as for pants, its really more worth it to tailormake at Taylor Fashion House.. cheap & good..

ginn

hi sharon,
No prob.. thanks anyway... thought you might know...
happy.gif

Hi chloef, think it's not cheap to tailor made too... hmm... i may just scout ard first..

touraco

hi
my hubby went to make his at macways,near novotel siam. it's abt S$200 for a whole suit with shirt.
i find the quality not bad.

momopo

just wanna warn u ppl here.

i went to joy collection near d'ma. the same tailor that was recomended by a forumer here in another thread.

their servcie is not as good. quite a few screw ups n when i noticed it n wanted it change, they won't very happy after a few changes.

it's small stuff but like the wrong cut for the wrong shirt('coz i made 2 white shirts with diff designs n the wrong material was used for both, it was switched). n also, when i wanted the length altered for my skirt n shirt, they won't happy anymore 'coz i've made some one change before that.(their fault 'coz they made a completely wrong design even after i showed tham a pic)

it's their attitude when i wanna make changes that i dislike n i don't think i was a diff customer at all. afterall, it's tailoring, of course i want the clothings to fit me exactly.

it's not as good!!! go elsewhere.

jojok

Hi all,

I went to Tony...the stretch of tailors opp. regent hotel, after the raiway track. Very good service & they have fittings to ensure that it fits well. Material used is also good though price is just reasonable; MUST BARGAIN, otherwise it is expensive in my opinion. Their guy pants are very well tailored; my hubby likes it. I only tailored a suit; my parents & PIL all comment that the material is very good.

momopo

i just found out that 2 of my shirts doesn't fit properly. i have already went for fitting twice in bkk but didn't go for the 3rd time because we were leaving for singapore. it's so terrible!!! i think even g2000 shirts are better! my bf also find it lousy. now, we both think that if u want cheap but sub-standard shirts, go bkk to make it. but if u wanna look good, forget it, these shirts can't even be called "tailored"! ptui!

jellybean07

Hi,

has anyone tried to tailor make pants and skirts for yourselves at macways? What is the price like and the standard?

Thanks!

fatcat

we just back from BKK and my hubby made 2 suits and 4 shirts with Macways, they are great, they can finish everything within 2 days, good workmanship and good price too.

ahjo77

HI Fat Cat

Whats the price for amking suits and shirts there ?
Do they mTM any ladies suits or blouse

Thanks

fatcat

my hubby paid about S$480 for 2 suits 1 extra pants and 4 shirts.
They do ladies too but i don't need it.

cho

hi all, i'll be making some shirts myself for e 1st tym, but i dun hav any shirts tat fits me nicely now.. e g2000 ones r a bit too loose at e waist.. so do i still hav to bring a sample shirt down for tailoring?

i dun understand tailoring jargon thou.. princess cuts etc....... blah blah blah...

any suggestions? m tinking of macways since seems reccommended here..... oso tinking of making pants n skirts...

cho

hi all..
juz came back my bangkok trip and thru tis forum, i got to noe Macways..

went there n i'd say, thumbs up for their service!!
their indian/ parkistan owner was v professional.. we went there yst noon *monday* and we asked if we could get it by mon nite or tues, as we're leaving on tues morning.. n he got them all ready by Mon nite!

e owner however arranged a fitting session wif us in e evening ard 7.. as in resered that tym slot to serve us for fitting, which i found was pretty good.. i made 2 shirts, luckily i has my 1st fitting.. coz it was way too loose.. but my bf's shirt fits well to a T!

n it's only ard S$27.. pretty cheap.. n after which they offered to deliver to our hotel foc..

so, all in all.. thumbsup!!

p/s: they are closed on sun thou *i went on a sun n they're closed*

for those getting there by train.. u can stop at siam station, BTS and exit via exit no 4..

so u'll see Soi 5... u'll should see a MK steamboat restaurant there.. =)

disneybaby

Hi all, I m new here. Actually I am planning of getting quite a few stuff at bangkok for my wedding. eg. glass bottles for my DIY favours, ROM gown, My bf's suits, flower tea etc. Will it be worthwhile to go there or better to do it in Singapore considering all the costs like airfare etc. Erm.. considering the fact that I have never been to Bangkok and don;t know anything about the place, let alone getting around the place.

happytea

Hihi! just want to share our experience!

my fh just made his suit with this Manhattan at Sukhumvit Soi 11/1, near Nana BTS.
Suit cost 3500bht (SGD142), considered cheap.
Had paid additional 1500Bht for another trousers and one shirt, hmn consider ex instead.

the tailor is a good one, no hard selling, had made us feel comfortable w him that we feel safe to make the suit there. they are ok when we need further amendments, no black face at all.
before we left, we asked for seperate price for : trouser @ 1000-1500Bht, and Shirt @ 600Bht (shirt is cheap as only SGD24, but materials available are so so only. the trousers is rather ex.)
Overall, feeling is good, but only suit is worthwhile.

We had also made 2 shirts with this George tailor at Soi 15 near to ASOKE BTS. He got 2 pricing for diff materials, we chosen the egyptian cotton costing 800Bht (SGD33), there is a cheaper rang at Bht450. actually we just peep in his shop in the morg and he said he wanted some sales from the 1st customer, and the suit prices drop from 3000Bht to 2000bht for us! but we dunno how good is the material w that price so we end up making shirts only.
FH loves his shirt as at the side, its "taped" hmn.. meaning look like ')(', got it? haha, mean not that baggy when tuck in the shirts.
happy.gif

Overall, they a bit hard sell, but in a polite manner lah, we like their materials and taped design. Suits sounds really cheap..

happytea

i also got lots of info from this forum before i went for my trip too!
happy.gif

Paopei, i dunno how cheap can pants be in BKK, but the one i knew is costing at least S$40 where in singapore can make 3 for S$100 liao, so make sure you got a good deal in BKK.
happy.gif

dingdang12

hi there...

after reading the above, macways seems to have the best vote..

can i know roughly how much it costs to do a pants etc... shirt is about S$20 right..

do they do emboidary on shirts cuff?

thanks.

lilic

<font color="0077aa">hi all

i just came back from BKK... went to Macways and i had to say that i have a great time there... the worksmanship was good, service was prompt and fabric was good.

a suit starts from S$150, shirt from S$20 and pants from S$40 all depending on fabric... eh, pants costs more coz of the "fabric wastage".. according to the salesperson, they dun patch fabrics, unlike other tailors.. not sure abt this but at least the pants we made look so to us.. =)</font>

fatcat

Garcia: i guess so coz i don't know if there is another novotel in BKK or not. the shop just opposit the hotel.

junk

i had a real bad experice at macways so i tried novotel fashions in siam square soi 6 oppositr to novotel hotel's bakery shop very good quaity and price. My friends also had bad experiences at macways

garcia

I have just started work in BK recently. Went to Macways twice to make some shirts, cost about 600B each which is a fairly good price. The cloth quality is not bad, however, I feel their shirts are not well-measured. Even after taking my measurements, my shirts ended up slighter bigger and roomy than expected (maybe its cos I prefer the slim fit, tapered kind). Then I realised, they add about 3 inches to certain areas of your body measurements to accomodate for body shape. So had to make 2nd trip for them to alter, then it turns out better.

Well, at least they do delivery, so guess it makes up for it. I may try novotel fashions the next time round.