Bangkok - Samran Place Hotel, Good ???

dreamymi

i am also thinking abt this hotel and pratunam city inn.... any1 can command? will be travelling late august also....

feifei

Hi Jus Mi,

I am looking at Samran hotel too...99% confirm booking this hotel lor =)...Where is this Patunam city inn? Near Pratunam market?

icebaby0

feifei,

actually the rates had increase. Try using Asiatravel, the rates should stil be 900 (since I check last week).

CCK can go via BTS. Chinatown - far from BTS (taking cab easier). Ur train station will be the same as Asia hotel - Ratchachuwi (I can't spell!!!). Try checking on www.sawadee.com.

Thanks!

dreamymi

Now... mi thinking of Diamond city Inn... hahah

Any1 stay there b4?

Pratunam City inn review very bad... so decided to drop it

feifei

Icebaby,
I can't find the map of Samram Hotel in teh link you gave me leh..do u have a copy of it? can email to me at [email protected] ? tks.

Nesides, where is chatuchak market? I also can't find it on the map leh...

icebaby0

feifei,

those websites given, all u have to do is PRINT and show the taxi drivers cos they know how to read Thai.
The link goes directly to the samran address liao.

feifei

Hi Icebaby,
tks for the information...heard from one of the gers that the hotel dun provide kettle and in the end she has to go to Big C to buy mineral water...

icebaby0

Yes, they do not provide kettle but they do provide 2 bottle of water (GLASS) in ur rooms everyday (we tip them 20 baht each day - less than S$1, for goodwill purpose). Water isn't expensive, u can buy it easily when u go shopping...

chendol

Just wondering, when I booked on Asiarooms there was no chance to indicate whether i wanted two beds on one double bed in the room.

When you guys went, was it easy to get two beds? Cos wondering whether they might say you didn't indicate when booking and we only have rooms with one double bed left.
sad.gif

icebaby0

twinkle,

I got double beds when I was there.
Is there anywhere in Asiarooms when booking to place a comment?
Or maybe after u book, u can email them seperately (samran place website or asiarooms) and ask them to put an */note say u want two beds?

feifei

bleue,
Tigerair having promotion for 2 for 1 lor..u might wan to go into their website to have a look...

chendol

Thanks Icebaby - good idea to email Samran place! slipped my mind... was trying to avoid making the overseas call.

Now to see whether they reply.
happy.gif

feifei

Icebaby,

Do you know the operating hrs of chinatown and pratunum market?Are they open on wkdays?

How abt silom too?

icebaby0

Feifei,

For bother chinatown and pratunum I went around 9am and most shops already started opening.
SO i guess 9am is a good time?

As for silom, i never step into that place.

feifei

icebaby,
tks for the infor...hee..tink 9am is good...

Whats the diff btw standard, superior and deluxe room of Samran hotel huh? cos i wan to book now but duno the diff leh..

feifei

Icebaby,
tks...i am intending to book with asia travel lor...

Twinkle,
u manage to book your hotel room? I am booking through www.sawadee.com lor...But there is a line which says "Pickup service request"....wonder how much is it lor..

feifei

Hi bleue,
I am checking up the room availability with sawadee instead....cos heard from one of the ladies here that sawadee service is faster and better lor..

Asia travel is not an agency leh..tink its those like free and easy type of service..>Got to book your own hotel and air tickets..I am getting the 1 for 1 at $198 from citibank promotion lor..and of cos, got to add in teh tax $110 and service charge of $50 lor, so all in all its $358 for 1 pax lor..

U going BKK too?

bleue

Yes,looking to go in Sep. So u are paying $358 for 2 pax if its one for one rite? thats quite worth it, what airline is it? SQ?

chendol

Hi fei fei,

I managed to book thru asiarooms. all confirmed already. Think mine was a standard room (the cheapest lah)
happy.gif

feifei

Hi bleue,
I paying $386 for 2 person cos the tax increase...Going by Finnair lor...its the citibank credit card holder promotion...13th Aug is the last day liao...tink if u wan, mayb u can call tmr lor...But all fris and thurs departure all fully booked...

U also going in Sept? me too leh...

Twinkle,
How much you paid for it? Mine also standard lor...tink mine was $37+ per nite lor, its 900Baht per nite...How many days u staying there? When u going? mayb we can meet each other..keke...

TInk it coems with 2 breakfast hor?

feifei

Hi Apple,
tks for the infor... Looking froward to my trip now lor...Now consolidating all the nice and cheap places to go...hee =D...

everafter

Anyone else knw which airline having promotion to BKK? I checked Jetstar and it's costing $398 for 2 person to fly in Oct. Gosh!

feifei

Everafter,
mayb you can try tigerairways? its cheaper than jetsttar...

All,
I reqested the charges of the hotel transfer from sawwadee, was told they charged 1800 baht for pickup in a limousine...Is it too expensive???!!

everafter

Tigerairways is only slightly cheaper..but with accomodation at Grand Diamond, this would add up to $800+ for 2 pax! OMG!

feifei

Everafter,

Oic...so ex hor?guess this shows their popularity lor =D...hmm...mayb u wan to check out the rates from sawadee?

chendol

There's a coin phone in the lobby. opposite the lift. 5 baht for a local call. More expensive than the phone booths outside hotel - 2 baht for a local call. I made my call to Healthland Spa at the BTS station, only 1 Baht!!

But for safety, might be best to call from hotel lobby.

chendol

There are a few steamboat 'coffeeshops' between the hotel and the BTS, but we didn't try any. packed with locals nightly though.

It's quite a long walk to Prat market (at least 15-20 mins), which is opposite grand diamond (which you can see the sign in the distance from the hotel front door).

feifei

Hi twinkle,
Tks for the information..Any fast food there outside Samran Place??

When u departign to bkk huh? At the old BKK airport?

ohstrawberry

Hi,
Just share some info on foods near Samran place.
When u exit from their front door, turn left and walk for abt 3-5min, u can find a A & W.
There are roadside stalls opp the hotel that sell very nice foods. Esp the braised pork rice stall that runs by a couple, best & must try!!!! 1 packet is abt 30-40baht only. There's also a western restaurant beside the BTS station, their food also not bad.
Be more darling and try their local street foods if you can. I did and i fall in love with their foods.

feifei

Hi all,

Anyone know abt VAT ( tax free goods) in Bangkok? Is it only applicable in shopping malls like MBK etc? Do we have to spent 5000THB for accumulated receipts in order for us to claim VAT?

Do we claim at the shopping malls inside or at airport? *puzzled*

feifei

Hi,

anyone been to Kin g& I massage before? Hb and I are tinking of going there for massage but duno how to get there....pls advise...