Bangkok - Samran Place Hotel, Good ???

pebsb

hello,

what's the best rate /way to book samran hotel? Called a few travel agency but they dont do samran hotel?

ohstrawberry

Hi, Rocher

Mine is 28 Oct to 2 Nov. I had already booked Samran Place thru asiarooms for S$34 per nite. And also booked Centre Point Petchburi thru Sawadee.com for @S$68.50 (1650Baht) per night. Will be staying at this 2 hotels for my next trip.

pebsb

hi ohstrawberry - does the S$34 include tax, sve charge & breakfast?

Is Samran near to Asia hotel & BTS (how many mins walk?). How do you arrange for airport transfer to & from Samran (or take cab?). Are there safe deposit in the rooms? Also, is it safe around Samran, esp at night? Thanks!

ahjo77

Hi Prbs

$34 is inclusive of what u had mentioned.Hoefver do not have too high expectation of the rooms as its only meant ofr a clean room n rest .

Its near to Asia Hotel ..maybe 5-10 mins ..depends on ur walking speed.
It is safe at nite as there is quite a number of hawker stalls along the way abck to hotel .

I think there might not be a safe but u may check with the hotel

rocher_ho

Hi ohstrawberry,
so i'm a few days earlier than you, hehee..
happy.gif
Me still havent book my rooms yet. Thinking of staying at Samran & BKK City Inn but hubby says abit troublesome to move here & there. Btw, which airline did you book?

ohstrawberry

Hi, Pebs

Yes, the $34 had included all the taxes, svc charge and breakfast. Samran is behind Asia Hotel, near to Ratchathewi BTS station. Well, i will only stay there during Oct, thus i can't answer your other questions. Thanks to AhJo77 for the answer to your queries.
Usually i take cab to my hotel place from airport as i DIY my trip to bangkok, not thru agency.

Hi, Rocher
I booked SQ flight thru Zuji, the price is cheap, only $219 per pax (with the tax and surcharge). After i confirmed, i realised if you booked thru SQ website, it's ard $15 cheaper. Compared to valuair and jetstarasia, it's ard $20 more, i dun mind to spend a little more for more comfort this time round. How abt u, had u booked your flight?

rocher_ho

Hi ohstrawberry,
hehee, me booked Tigerairways for $95 per pax (including all SG taxes). Actually before booking, I oso wanted to book thru SQ website, last check was $207 per pax (includes all SG taxes). But my colleagues say dun waste the extra money, cos the flight is abt 2 hrs only.
Haha, cos wan to save more money on shopping, so booked the Tigerairways lor. And I have confirmed my hotel with Samran thru asiarooms liao. Will be staying 5 nights there, cos too troublesome to move here and there. Will try Bangkok City Inn next time.

Btw, do you know any places that sells nice clothes that is suitable for working? Cos heard that CTC and pratunam sell mostly T-shirts & jeans. And any idea if the Taxi driver will allow 6 passengers?

kejo

hi ohstrawberry,

wow your SQ tic is cheap.. if exclude tax it cost only $140/pax huh?
i cant book at this price cos' they need a min of 2pax to travel inorder to be entitle to this price..
Yours is a weekend departure?

ohstrawberry

Hi, kejo sato

I depart on friday evening.

Hi, Rocher,

You can try MBK for the clothes, my friends bought quite alot there. Also can shop at their shopping centre like WTC, Central and Siam Center. Cab can't take 6 ppl, unless you rent those small van.

rocher_ho

Hi ohstrawberry,
thanks for ur info..
happy.gif
my 2nd couple friend havent confirm if they wan to go BKK, if yes, then have to split liao. Hehe..
happy.gif

not_firmed

Hi..

Seems like samran hotel is a gd choice ya..
Do they have transport to pick u up at airport??

Rocher.. yr air ticket is depart at morning or evening ha??

not_firmed

Hi ohstrawberry,

How many days u staying at bangkok n pattaya??
How r u going to travel from bangkok to pattaya?

thanks

ohstrawberry

Hi, Tweety

I'm not going to pattaya and didn't go there before. Sorry can't help you, guess you have to ask other forum users. As for Samran Place, there's no transport provided cause i booked thru website, maybe thru agency they can arrange.

icebaby0

Just to provide abit of an inside of Samran, my coach went past the place. It's a bit small from outside (very much like a small hotel building...no where near Asia that is so big, just a small building) and it's just round the corner of Asia Hotel. So it's very near the BTS.

Rocher, I just came back from Bangkok on Monday nite. At CTC, they do sell some office wear, but more will b available at MBK and WTC.

FYI: Wacoal bras are really cheap there too!

erikbecker

Hi all,

Just came back from BKK. Indeed Samran place is a small hotel. Actually it was previously a apartment and was only converted to a hotel 1 yr ago. However do not expect too much from this hotel as its price is only $34. Breakfast got 6 choices like american breakfast Its near to MRT abt 5 mins walk with hawkers along the way from MRT. Coffee house and 7-eleven directly opp. Airport transfer 1 way abt 220baht, MBK & pratunam 40 baht. However got problem with taxi driver as most of them do not know where is Samran place even though i showed them the hotel card, you may have to tell them is near Asia hotel. Any more enquiries on Samran place hotel?

not_firmed

Hi Erik..

thaNks for sharing yr experience there.. Samran place don provide transport to n from airport?? the 220bath is per pax?? u travel to MBK by MRT??

rocher_ho

Hi Tweety,
my department flight is in the morning and my return flight is in the evening.
happy.gif

Hi icebaby,
thanks for ur info..
happy.gif
had an enjoyable BKK trip? So where do you purchase the wacoal bra from? Thanks..
happy.gif

rocher_ho

Hi tweety
my departure flight is in morning and return is in evening.. so u book ur airtixs liao?

Hi icebaby,
thanks for ur infor
happy.gif
. Had an enjoyable trip? Btw, where did you purchase the wacoal bras from?

icebaby0

Rocher,

Wacoal bra can be found in almost all places...such as MBK, Zen, Isetan, WTC, etc.

I only bought mine when I was at Pattaya. Hahaha.

And yes, I had a pretty okay trip thought I wished my dh would be more shopperholic and go to alot of places to look. We pretty much didn't spend much.

Probably will go next yr when my parents go. Heehee...will either stay at Samaran or Asia hotel.

**Asia hotel - I was pretty surprise looked so much better than 4 yrs AGO. We regretted not to stay there and choose Eastin instead. But then again, I don't know how Asia Hotel look inside. :p

Tweety,
If u are staying near BTS, taking BTS to MBK is okay. The way u shld calculate whether taking a cab is cheaper or train is like this.

No. of stops BTS = $$$ (1 stop - 10 baht, 2 stops - 15 baht, etc..somewhere along that line)
Cab - normally most expensive (includes jam + distance) 100 baht. Cheapest is abt 40-50 baht.

Does this help?

not_firmed

Hi icebaby,

thanks for your info ya..
U went to pattaya from bangkok?? how u go there?? train or bus?? did u stay 1 nite there??

rocher_ho

Hi tweety,
yup, got this during the promotion of $9.98 per trip. Think they always have such promo every now and then, so look out in the papers.
happy.gif

Hi icebaby,
thanks for the info and glad that u have a pretty ok trip. My hubby oso dun like shopping one, guess most man are like dat. I have stayed in Asia hotel when I was there abt 6-7 yrs ago. Din really like the hotel cos the first impression to the lobby was not very good, cos of the dim lightings. And the room was ok but quite dim too. Maybe I dun like dim places so I wouldnt want to stay there again.
I will be staying at Samran place for my coming trip, will update here when I'm back, so u can consider for ur next trip.
happy.gif

pebsb

Erik - how do I arrange for the 220 baht airport trasnfer to samran when I reach BKK airport? And also from Samran to BKK airport?

ohstrawberry

Hi, Tweety

Centre Point Apartment is in BKK, located at Petchburi road. In fact Centre Point also had few other branches in BKK, but prefer Petchburi branch cause nearer to Pratunam area.
I personally enjoy travelling by BTS ard BKK, cause no traffic jam and convenient, also is cheaper, scared kanna chop be taxi driver. Only those difficult to reach area like Chinatown then i take cab.

Get the stored card for BTS, it's 200Baht(170B value + 30B deposit), you can get refund of remaining fares and the deposit when you return the card to their control station. It's really easy and money saving.

For Wacoal bra, i like to shop at Chitlom Central shopping centre, they had more varieties there and sizes is more, WTC Central can run out of sizes and popular col quite fast. Same to Triumph bra. Get 5% tourist discount card from info counter to entitle to discounts in Central.

Enjoy your planning for BKK trip.

not_firmed

Hi Rocher.. I haven book my air ticket yet, still planning.. coz of my work nature, abit hard.. then i may changed job soon, so kind of confused lor..

Ohstrawberry.. oic, sorry, me abit blur one.. hehe... wow, seems like the BTS there is the same as sg's mrt.. so convenience...

erikbecker

Hi Pebsb,
when you are coming out from the terminal, go straight out to the taxi counter and just tell the counter staff you are staying at samran place hotel. But before you get seated into the taxi, pse remember to tell the taxi driver 'by meter'. Trip is abt 165baht plus 50baht tax

icebaby0

Tweety,

Mine was a package trip plus free and easy. SO my trip to Pattaya is covered by the agency and travelled via coach there.

Rocher,

Thanks. Who love to hear an update on the hotel..

Erik,

Agree with u. Always check say u want "METER" taxi. Not those without.

paopei

Hi everybody ... looks like I have to cancel my trip. Grgh ... my hubby leave is not approved. Suay ... thinking of crazy idea. Go BKK just me and my 4 yo girl. But my hubby scared me, said later somebody kidnap my gal ...

icebaby0

Aiyoh.

That's bad.
Maybe u can ask around to see if u can transfer it or push it to a later date?

What airline u flying by? Maybe u can "sell" it?

paopei

Icebaby, I fly with Airasia, bought the promotion price so cannot transfer or change ... Either forgo or go without my hubby (kinda worry )

kejo

hi paopei,

oh what a waste.. u've been looking forward so much to this trip .. Hopefully your hubby's boss cld approve it eventually..

Go alone with your girl is not safe leh..

I'm looking forw to my trip next Fri.. pray hard nothing major props up..

paopei

Hi Kejo, I know ... kinda worry jsut go with my girl. But I got good news hahaha my father and my sis will accompany us to BKK ... so happy now. I still can go there ...
Dun forget to update here after u come back. Enjoy ur holiday, ok???

elchwong

Hi all,

Are there any1 here who has stayed in Samran Place recently? Do they provide free shuttle fr the airport to its hotel? If not, roughly hw much issit to take a cab fr the airport to the hotel? I'll be arriving there 2molo nite at 11+pm...

ahjo77

Hi elchwong

Cab form airport to the hotel shld not exceed 300 baht if u take a cab at the taxi stand outside the arrival hall

007bond

Hi,

Just came back from BKK and satying in Samran place..

You can take a taxi from Airport to Samran place. But a piece of advise.. go by meter rather then a fixed price... I took a taxi from Samran to Airport cost around 177b meter fare pls about 60b of Tollway charges.

So some of the taxi doesn't know where is Samran place...

So just for your info. at the main road of the Asia Hotel, turn left at the big junction (with flyover) and about 50 m and you will see the hotel.. It qutie near to the BTS station.

Room wise.. just like our Costa Sand chalet... basic room.

bodyshop

any photos of inside samran place ?
heard there's lots of smell of cigarette smoke in the rooms and the room is dirty, true ?

elchwong

Hi all,

I jus got back on Mon fr BKK n staying in Samran Place too...stayed there for 5D4N...

Din take any pics cos the rm's already v.messy when I tot of taking...:p

The rm's quite big...the toilet oso has a bathtub...but I doubt u'll like to soak in it as it doesn't looks clean to me...

If u r nt the fussy kind...it'll be ok for a gd nite rest n bathe...my bf finds it ok n he wun mind staying there again...but personally...I wun choose it again if I'm nt on a tight budget...

On the 2nd n 3rd of my stay...there's a black out in our rm...once on the 2nd nite n 3 or 4 times on the 3rd nite...the corridor's still bright though...the blackouts last nt more than 3mins each time...lights came back almost immediately after I call the reception...luckily my bf brought along a torchlight...

Overall, the hotel's nt fabulous but it's 'stayable'...it's quite convenient...jus 5min walk fr the Ratchathewi BTS Station...wif a cafe opp...a JJ Restaurant n an A & W along the same side of the rd...if u dun intend to spend much on accomodation Samran Place will be a gd choice I'd say...

icebaby0

Just came back from Bangkok 2 weeks ago and as mention by many forumers on this hotel. It is indeed pretty good. Service was pretty good too.

For us, it's far better than staying at "first world hotel - genting". The room was more spacious. Rooms were clean. For the price we paid, it's certainly worth it.

tulipblue

stayed at samran during one of my short trips..for the price, i think its rather reasonable and agree that the room is spacious...will go back to Samran if i go BKK again
happy.gif

whiteveil

we just came back too.....found cockroach during our 2nd nite there.....

bath tub and floor not clean....found it black with hairs on the floor.

breakfast is well cooked but only 6 sets to choose frm.

walking distance is abt 5-10 mins....definitely not 5 mins only....slightly more than that.

overall its ok for tat kind of money we paid....but maybe will try other hotels next visit.

chendol

Hi everyone!

I'm going to stay in Samran place... just booked from Asiarooms. but sad to say that the price has increased to $42 for a room. A reflection of its popularity i guess. How much did you guys who travelled in March pay?????

Was trying to decide between Bangkok City Suite (newer) and this, but in the end Samran place won my vote because it's nearer to MBK and BTS kekekeekeke.

Hope I have a glitch free experience during my late Aug travel!

icebaby0

Wow, u are right.
The room rates have suddenly increased, I think because it's too popular liao.

I checked AsiaTravel. Their rates hasn't increase yet. For 2 person it's still 900 baht. Maybe u like to try that website?

feifei

Hi icebaby,

can I have the website too? Asia travel is an agency?

Me still deciding whether want to take Samran place anot...cos from teh comments that whiteevil gave, sounds scary lor...

icebaby0

www.asiatravel.com

I went in March. I didn't have any problems. We had 2 bedrooms (1 for parents, 1 for ourselves + my 3 yr old son). My parents been to alot of budget hotels (esp in Malaysia) and said this was the best they had stayed in compared to the price they paid for some "malaysia" hotels.

Just take comments with a pinch of salt...cos really you are PAYING for a budget hotel. It's not like you are paying $70-$100/night. So it can't be 100% perfect. If you do not want those unpleasent things to happen...then better to choose an expensive hotel.

chendol

AIYOH.......... i should have checked back at this site... booked oredi... but only 4 bucks more a night lah.

Still... a bit
kao_cry.gif
kao_sad.gif
kao_frustrated.gif

feifei

Hi icebaby,

tks for the infor...is this near any BTS?if yes, wats the name of the nearest BTS station?Was tinking of going chatuchak and chinatown from this hotel by BTS lor...

Which type of room u stayed in, standard,superior or deluxe huh?cos we kinda of confused as to wats the diff between these rooms as there are twin sharing too....Only hb and myself going lor....

Twinkle,
I have check the rates at http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/samranplace/, cost $37.59 per nite...quite cheap hor?