Bangkok - Samran Place Hotel, Good ???

mocha_lover

hi maomao,

Just wan to check as u said no kettle, then is there a water dispenser such that the water can be used for drinking or need to go and buy mineral water bottles. Coz Asia has this external tap tht can be used for drinking.

Thanks

suetan

I was wondering if we can arrange for late checkout cos I will only be leaving singapore on the 7 plus flight

mystic2451

Hi MaoMao.. since you've stayed in Samran Place Hotel b4, care to share with us ur experience there? Such as how long was the journey frm airport to this hotel, the cab fare and was there a storage area for us to leave our baggage just in case the hotel do not allow late check-out and we wont be goin back to the hotel till late afternoon.
BTW did you get to visit suanlum night bazaar? Do you know which zone which i head for to reach a pet shop call 'Cats and Dogs'? Lastly, did you catch a cab back then? How much was the cab fare then?
Thanks once again for your help!!! Hope to hear from you soon.

mao_mao

Felicia,

no hair dryer there =)..

suelynn,
tink you just got to request when you check in that time to let them know lor..

LY,
hmm...That time I went frm the old airport to hotel...but goign bk time was from hotel to new airport...Always allow 1hr for the journey just in case of traffic jams. The jams can be quite bad at times. The cab fare was abt 300THB including the toll charges.

The hotel lobby is bery small so I din see any place for us to put luggage leh...but I din see a room like an office behind the counter..Maybe you can check with the hotel staff there...Tink late check-out isn't a problem...jsut let the staffs know ya...

Nope, I din go to suanlum nite market. Went there on thurs, went chinatown, sampheng lane, MBK,Platinium market. Then went CTC maeket on sat from 7+am til 5pm lor...so hot there..

Hope my infor helps...

mystic2451

Hi mao_mao

Thank you for taking some time to reply. Definitely any info from you wld be of some help... ;p

BTW do i need to be at the new airport 3 hours before my flight back to sg? I ever came across an article sayin visitors are requested to check-in 3 hrs before departure. Actually thought of askin you on the taking of the cab from the new airport but realised you were at the old airport during your time in bkk.. Too bad.. Anyway hope to hear from you soon!

mystic2451

Hi maomao

Sorry it's me again. Btw did you go for any massage parlor that is near to Asia hotel? Care to recommend if you have been to any and their service is good. For those who have been to any of the massage parlor which is located near to Asia Hotel, care to recommend too? Thanks!

mao_mao

LY,
no problem lor, we are here to share =)...

Its quie easy to take cab frm the new airport leh...saw a no of cabs there...

Yes, its best to check in 3hrs b4 as it might take sometime....its always good to be early as there might be jams along the way...

Massage huh? Din ahve the time for massage lor...busy shopping most of the time...hmm...

U might want to try King & I or Healthland Spa...Need to go bk to search for infor b4 can give you the address....hmm...or u might wan to ask any ladies here for the address of these 2 centers...

mystic2451

Hi maomao... I m aware Healthland spa provide gd massage but I would prefer one that is near to the hotel I am staying in. Still have to thank you for sharing this piece of information with me.
happy.gif

sailormoonwt

for those who wanna enj massage .. can try these two which was highly recommended by forum here & i had personally tried both of them the other time i went during March 06. *thumbs up*
- pls book yr appt thru the hotels as they tend to be packed most of the time...esp healthland spa.. its really popular!

Healthland Spa ( Sathorn Road Branch) – Open 9am till 11pm
Address: 120 North Sathorn Rd.
Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Telephone: (662) 637 8883 Fax: (662) 634 5353
http://www.healthlandspa.com/home.html

King & I Spa. (Include Pedi/Medicure services)
Address: Sukhumvit Plaza, 212/8 soi 12
Sukhumvit Road Tel: 662-2525248
http://www.thailandfans.com/relax20030609.html
*Advice: To book thru hotel for appt*

Take BTS sky Train to Asok BTS Station E4 – Get out from Times Square Exit, continue walking until u see an overhead bridge, u will see a big sign says “MASSAGE & SPAâ€, turn left at the next small lane
happy.gif

lavender_sky

Hi LY,

i juz came back from BK on 2 Dec, and stayed at Samran Place too. u can leave ur lugage with the reception upon check-out. my flight was in the evening too. THere's a massage just beside Samran Place...@200baht for 1-hr Thai massage...not too bad..

not_sure

hi ppl

i hv went to healthland aft much recommendations. but i didnt know that the tipping is fixed at 100baht. they will asked from you aft the massage! quite turned off by that gesture

mozilla

i think the 'king & i' is no longer there..i went there in March and wanted to go again yesterday but could not find it. the "Times square" is now "jasmine" something shopping center already...sigh

yuki84

U can request for the hairdryer from the counter.
Going to memorial bridge is less than 100thb.
Bo-bae market is 37 or 39 thb onli.
CTC is more than 100 but less than 200thb.
From airport to samran, including fee is 280thb

micky12

Anyone can advise if samran place near or easy to shopping area? Is this hotel near aroma hotel or world trade center?

joistar

no samran place is at petchburi which is near the pratunam wholesale market. it's very much like the old chinatown in singapore.

no BTS only can take taxis. if you cant speak basic thai, not very convenient, but alot of budget hotels around.

royal

got BTS lah.. 10 mins walk towards the right after you come out from entrance...Samram place is a budget stay lah..cant expect alot of good stuff.. if u just need a place to sleep.. it is ok.

jinnie1982

hi all,
i went to BKK in May ... found tat samran place not bad, the security guard actually help us to hail a cab and told the driver our destination. but e b/f so so nia... but the padai bery nice~~ =)

jinnie1982

hi micky,
sorry for the lateness, off todae cannot chk mail.. keke ya it's clean. coz tat time, i reached the hotel at 11.45-12am pretty late liao, then we got the 8th floor room... anyway the corridor is abit scary, abit dark

but i tink if u will usually perform the "hotel rituals" should be ok = ).

if the ppl at hotel say walk to platinum mall onli need 15mins, dun believe ya ? me, bf n frends walk i tink got more than 30mins.. take cab faster. tink 60baht for 4 of us

when u going ?

micky12

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Am going next month. Any BTS there? Btw, do you have any local tour guide contact to share? 2 of my frens are first time go BKK, thinking to book a local tour for them to go for sight-seeing.

icebaby0

micky,

I stayed in Samran each year (since Yr 2004) and found the place clean in all aspects. So dun worry. I normally go with my kids and parents...so far so good. Will be staying there again soon

micky12

Icebaby,

Thanks for replying.

Dear Frens,

This is what i received yesterday. Please read and be more alert when travel to BKK.

Please note if you are traveling to Bangkok , (DO NOT STAY IN ARNOMA HOTEL)!!!!

Dear friends and clients,

I would like to discourage all from choosing Arnoma Hotel in Bangkok as your choice of accommodation when you visit Bangkok.I had an extremely bad experience a few days ago.

The housekeeping entered my room after me and my family went out for lunch and shopping around 1.30pm (9th June).We only returned around 1030pm. My husband discovered that some cash was missing.We informed the Duty Manager and requested to see the CCTV footage. The DM said he could only ! oblige if we can produce a police report. So, we went to the police station to lodge a report.When we returned from the police station, we demanded to see the CCTV and the log of the key card to our room. The log showed that the housekeeping entered my ro! om at 1.41pm even though the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign was hung on the door knob. It also showed that the floor manager, the DM and the housekeeping had tried to enter our room 13 times on 10th June, while we were out in the afternoon!!!( Hey, we are paying for security and privacy and these people from the hotel actually entered your room without your presence and permission??? )Next we demanded to see the CCTV but the DM and the security officer on duty said that the GM took the remote control for the CCTV with him??? He could only show us the footage the next morning when the GM reports for work. We relented and waited till the next day.

The next morning......We saw the footage on the CCTV. It was clearly stated that we left the room at 1.30pm. After that, the timing on the footage actually skipped to 1.44pm!!!Nothing was recorded between the time after we left the room(1..30pm) to the time that showed the housekeeper entering my room(1.41pm). The footage bewteen this time has been deleted!! We pressed for an explanation and loads of lies were given by the DM, security officer and chief security officer. 1) DM told us the the CCTV was on motion sensor, so could not capture anything as there was no one along the corridor during that period of time (1.30pm to 1.41pm). 2) Chief security officer said the CCTV was faulty during 1..30pm to 1.41pm.3) Security officer said he saw the footage and was certain no one entered our room. So, who shall I believe?

ANYWAY, they insisted that no one entered our room but could not explain the missing footage and the log report. What crap is this?.....&nbs! p;We wanted to see the GM ! and was told that he was not around, in an urgent meeting , in the toilet....etc etc... No apologies, no solutions and no compensation was offered by the hotel as well. We had to go to the police station 4 times before we could leave the hotel safely (the chief security officer threatened us earlier on) as we refused to pay the room charges unless a satisfactory explanation was given.

I believe the hotel staff, from the housekeeping to the DM were in cahoots. If not, why did they tamper with the security tape just to protect the housekeeper who stole from my room?? I just want my stolen money back and an apology and the hotel staff have to go such great length to cover up for the housekeeper. When things like this happen, the story-telling competition starts. Each has their own incredible story and boy, they can really lie, even in front of the police!! The GM is even worse. He must be a disciple of David C! opperfield or Pink Panther. No sight of him from 9th june to 11th June.

I have seen the ugliest side of these people from Arnoma Hotel, Bangkok. Can you imagine how many times these people enter your room and rummaged through your luggage while you were out? And how much these people have stolen from us? Why must we give this hotel business when they cannot even protect our property and our interests?

Thanks for reading and this is a true story.

jinnie1982

hi micky,
if i still remember correctly BTS i tink it's abt 10mins walk on the right side of the hotel...my n bf oso 1st time went there but wif 2 of his couple frend who frequent there so they dunno thai so if let the taxi driver c namecard of the place oso very hard/not understand.

i remember got 1 day we took a cab to this Seafood village, supposed to be only a 15mins drive down the road, the driver say noe how to go. drive ard for 1 hr then say dunno how to go, cheat our 100bahbt then bring us to a ulu hsing area.. but luckily met some nice neighbours who help us to tok to the driver in thai. then we got to that place for 60Baht, we tried to offer some money as a token of appreciation, but the uncle declined... so nice~

hi all,
luckily i always lock my luggage when i left it in the room...hehe... n i always bring my passport wherever i go .... for just in case.

excitedbtb

Hi all, I went to BK in August and stay in Samran place hotel. The rooms are clean and tidy. Really a nice hotel if r looking for a budget one. The staff are not so friendly but still approachable. There is one security guard who will bao kao liao from carrying bagguage to opening doors to hailing taxi for in the heavy rain. He is the most friendly guy in the hotel.
Something to compliment is : my friend in the other room actually left her wallet on the table of the room when we left for shopping the whole day. She is quite worried that some money may be lost when we go back, but we are happy to find that it was left untouch though she have about a few hundreds sing worth of thai baht in it.
Samran place is not near to any shopping area. can walk to bts in 10 mins passing by asia hotel. We walk to MBK one morning from our hotel about 25 mins.

sdoper

Hi, I just got back from bangkok and stayed in Samran place. We like the hotel. Nearest skytrain is Ratchadewi in front of Asia Hotel. From Grand Diamond Hotel which is next to Platinum, you can catch bus 511 to Samran Place.

Taxi from Samran to Airport is 300baht.