Bangkok - Samran Place Hotel, Good ???

feifei

Hi,

Just came bk from bkk yesterday. BEry satisfy with this hotel. The place is convenient as I can walk to MBK, Platinum easily without having to be caught in the jams by taxis =)...Service is good, room is clean =).

feifei

Everafter,
Like normal leh...not much affected i guess cos i still see lots of sporeans there shopping, and tourists too lor.... =)...Bought alot of hello kitty stuffs though =)...u interested? cos i am selling off some =).

everafter

feifei,

i wrote to the spore embassy in thai but they say situation still under observations. no thanks, not into hello kitty stuffs. hope to get some office wear.

sailormoonwt

hi ladies...

Jus wanna ask some qns .. hope someone can advise me
happy.gif

are the hotel rates cheaper if we book with the hotel at BKK directly OR cheaper when we book thru asiarooms or sawadee? i tried asiarooms but most of the rooms r occupied during the period when i go BKK..jus wonder if the hotel only release certain no of rooms to these on-line hotel booking portal...

anyone been stayed at Samran Place Hotel? how's the room like? how much did u guys pay?

sailormoonwt

icebaby: tks sweetie for sharing with me the photo here .... really appreciate it!
happy.gif

e` rms looks quite new and nice with the pinky bedsheet... hehe

oh, then i will check out the on-line hotel booking u provided...tink when i compare the price....sawadee is the most expensive....

sailormoonwt

icebaby...do u noe where to buy wedding favours apart frm Chatuchak Mkrt?

anyone tried staying at Eastin Hotel before? pls share yr experience with me!
happy.gif

icebaby0

sailormoon,

I stayed in Eastin in Aug'05. Rooms are old but big. Not too bad but location not fantastic esp when there is no BTS. If u want to save money, I still suggest u take Samran. The money u save, can pay for cabs anywhere. =)

Oh...Eastin breakfast doesn't change much everyday although the spread is as per normal hotels.

**I prefer Samran bf cos it is cooked only when you are going to eat bf. Anyway, BKK got so many donut outlets..miss dunkin donuts!

sailormoonwt

oh....i saw the pics posted at the asiarooms website...the rms looks kinda of new...

Samran hotel is like our costa sand chalet izzit?

icebaby0

to me. I dun feel that samran is anywhere near Costa Sand. It's just a small hotel with a big and spacious room.

Not so classy but at least their floors are carpetted. And even standard rooms HAVE bathtubs. But they do not have hairdryer. Overall it's better than First World Hotel and far better than Costa Sands.

I stayed in several budget hotel...i feel (in my own opinion) it is good enough. No smell and it's clean. I never see a point in staying like Pathawum Princess which can cost like 3 times more. I rather save the money to buy more things and eat better. Cheers!

sailormoonwt

yup....quite true oso...if the rooms r too nice & cozy....i will nua inside and wont go shop liao... go BKK is to shop, eat & enj the massage one! so no point waste on a good hotel oso...so long hv a decent bed for me to rest at the end of a long day to recharge for the nxt shopping day will be good enough!!!
kao_clap.gif

mao_mao

Hi sailormoonwt,

I stayed in Samran in End Sept when i was in BKK...Thumbs up for its location. You dun have to take cab to everywhere except take BTS to chatuchak and cab to cinatown. Other than that, walking can reach liao =).

Ple there are friendly, they changed towels everyday too...But there isn't any kettle that but dun worry as there is a 7 eleven nearby...

sailormoonwt

hi mao_mao ... yks for sharing with me tat useful info :p i hvnt compile those hotels tat i hv been reading in the forum & discuss with hb...probably will do it tis wkend .. hehe..

ladies...do u gals noe where to buy wedding favours stuffs apart frm chatuchak? plus...any one bgt yr home & deco stuffs frm BKK?
happy.gif

sailormoonwt

Ohaiyo guys...

i kinda of decided on either Indra Regent Hotel or Ibis Siam hotel Bangkok ... anyone ever stayed there? can share with me the experience?
happy.gif

anyone noe where to get nice home & deco stuffs? apart frm Suan Lum night mkrt & chatuchak mkrt... i heard siam centre is worth making a trip too...

mao_mao

Hi sailormoonwt,

You are most welcome =).tink most ple buy wedding favours from chatuchak one lor...

home and decor thingys wise, hmm... tink chatuchak got the most lor...

mao_mao

Purplerain,

Yes, chatuchak sells alot of organza bags lor...I even have one of the name cards for the shop leh...u wan? I can post the details here tmr for you =)....

They have many designs, plain organza bags or with flowery pattern lor....

sailormoonwt

hi purple rain! nice to see u back in BKK thread agn! yup...sailormoon gonna chiong the Chatuchak Mkrt agn tis time...well, the other time i went BKK was my 1st there mah....with my fh...so didnt buy too much home & deco stuffs...tis time round is to be more focus in buying tings to doll up our new love nest...with my HUBBY tis time....how time flies... hehehehe...

u leh? when u going?

mao_mao: tks for yr posting... i will defintely not give Chatuchak a miss...mayb will go Siam Discovery & Siam Sq as well...

oh...can u post the details of the organza bags so tat i can check it out when i m there end of the mth?
happy.gif

purple_rain

Hi Sailormoon.

Actually, i went in July cos 50% off Tiger Air after my 1st trip in march. haha.... Pocket burn a big hole liao... so next trip might be next yr end liao.

I went to buy wedding favours, cos initially i wanted to hold ROM & AD together. Managed to buy my wedding favours, but due to some reasons, so ROM 1st.... so they were kept aside 1st... That time oso lookin for organza bags but cant find any....

Can leave down ur email addy so i can show u the pic, at the same time, show you the wedding favours i bought...

ecym

hi purple rain,

can show me what wedding favours you bot from BKK (Chatuchak?)... Going there during NY period. Hope to get some wedding favours from there too...

And if you dun mind, the costs you paid for the wedding favours.

my email addy [email protected]

purple_rain

Hi ecym,

I bought at Chatuchak, but dunno where. haha... I just walk up & down, left & right, then bump into this stall selling these...

sailormoonwt

hi purple rain, i got yr email ... the wedding favours r nice ... especially the organza pouch ... reali pretty .... i will open my eyes to look for tat during my BKK visit...

tks sweetie
happy.gif

hey, do u oso noe where i can get nice home & deco stuffs?

purple_rain

Sailormoon,

Those organza bags are from a website(forget the name liao)... If i'm not wrong, is abt $1 or $2 each. So wanting to look for them in BKK. Saw in Spotlight too, abt $2 each too...

For home decor, definitely will be Chatuchak & Suam Lum but ctc cheaper. Another thing to worry is the shipping...

Mao mao has not post the name of the shop yet...

sailormoonwt

yah...i saw some of them at Spotlight too....

on the shipping part, i read somewhere in the forum tat there is a TNT Courier within CTC ($150 for 50kg)

mao_mao

All,

Sorry for the late reply cos i went Hong Kong for the past few days, just came bk on thurs nite...

The details of the shop selling organza bags are :

Naita Chinese style
Naita Insiri
Jutujuk Market
Section 19 soi 6/6, Shop No. 133
Open on fri - sunday
Email : [email protected]

Purple rain,
U looking fo rorganza bags also?

Sailormoon,
If u are going to this shop, there are abt 2-3 more shops around this above shop sellin gorganza bags and nice BIG angpao box too...But the boxes are too big to put in our luggage....

mocha_lover

hi all,

would like to know how is the interior of the room? Is it ok? Does it have a water dispenser or something? since the water frm the tap cannot be drank.

there is no hair dryer is there?

Thanks

sailormoonwt

hey maomao ... how was the trip to HK? must had bought lotsa of clothes & had many rounds of nice dim sum ah? :p

tks for sharing the details.... i will note tat down ! i tink no prblm of getting back the angpao box if i wanna to cos i rem CTC mkrt got sells those huge plastic bags (with hello kitty or other cartoon prints) where i had bgt one the other time i went ... can contain lotsa of stuffs & i was carrying tat walking around BKK airport happily ... looking satisfied with my shopping trip ... haha!!
happy.gif

hey....u read frm the other thread abt BKK CTC mkrt being ruined or someting? heard it was on 11 nov... but the thread didnt say anyting much ... probably i will ask the person whom posted tat

sailormoonwt

oh yes...purple rain ... i later on found some info frm other websites ... nw i worried duno if the home & deco section still remain intact or not... sigh
sad.gif

mocha_lover

Hi purple rain and sailormoon,

oh no, it's really that bad? I didnt read it anywhere, or never heard that some stalls are wreaked. Iam going in end Jan- Feb, hope there will not be any probs..

mocha_lover

oh no, it's really that bad? I didnt read it anywhere, or never heard that some stalls are wreaked. Iam going in end Jan- Feb, hope there will not be any probs..

mocha_lover

mocha_lover

mocha_lover

mao_mao

Hi sailormoon,

Yup, bought alot of hello kitty things bk lor =).

Din buy many clothes cos bery ex there...Dim Sum there is GOOD!...Felt in love with Disneyland esp the fireworks...really nice =)..

Hmm...Regarding the CTC thingy,hmmm...i duno how is the situation now leh....haiz...always bery ruan there...

Hopefully things cleared up soon...

mocha_lover

Hi suelynn,
iam going at end of jan too! Anyone else out there too??

It's not hard to find buildings or any shopping centres, just have a map and u will be fine!!

The BTS will also help you to bring u ard, so no worries.

suetan

I have been to bangkok a few times ald, just that I havnt stayed at samran b4, so wondering hws it like there

sailormoonwt

hi MaoMao

glad u had enjoyed yrslf .... so how was the Disneyland there? was it still as packed? did u hv to wait very long for the rides?

hehehe... u got so excited abt yr hello-kitty stuffs... bet u must had alot of them at home ah? :p

mystic2451

Hi gals...
I am a newbie here. I have some enqiries to check with those who have stayed in Samran Place Hotel and those who have been to Memorial Bridge Night Market and Bo-Be market. Have any of you taken a cab to Memorial Bridge NM? Was it worth going and how much was the cab fare? And is it true Bo-Be market is near to Chinatown area? What can I expect to buy at B0-Be market? Those to hear some views and comments on this topic. Thanks!

mao_mao

LY,

Samran is a good choice if you are on budget. The ratse are cheap, they changed towels for you everyday, except that they dun ahve kettle in the room and no buffet bf. Their bf is in sets. There are noodles,american bf, sandwhich etc...not bad...The fried rice is nice...

I have not been to Memorial Market so can't comment leh...

You might wan to go Sampheng Lane near chinatwon, but it closes at 6pm lor..Sells alot of hair accessories. Can go CTC also.

sailormoonwt,
Ya, quite alot at home..keke..

Disneyland, not really lor, the q moves fast =)..

Intend to go bkk again next yr june. Will definitely stay at Samran place again...