Bangkok Accomodation - Advice

zenn

gingerale, oh u can fang xin dan
happy.gif

dec03wedding

hi, all
anyone heard of, been to or stayed at a hotel called solitaire? it was recommended by colleague as suitable for my weekend getaway with hubby? would like some reviews before making decision. thanks

faerie

eatin location is not very good. may have to rely on taxis. be careful of taxi touts outside the hotel. encountered one which tried to drive me to some factory while staying at eastin. luckily never kena conned, manage to make the taxi driver drop me off at siam sq and i took the BTS instead. try to stay at hotels which at near to their BTS. BTS is so cheap as compared to our MRT.

puiggy

hi faerie,
i tot there is a BTS (Chidlom) near eastin? read that it is within walking distance of about 10-15 mins?
i'm considering between bangkok city inn and eastin... any comments anybody on which might be better?

mayng

puiggy: eastin is far away from Chitlom BTS, u need to walk some distance. its not a joke. hotels nearer to BTS will be Novotel Siam, Siam BTS, Pathuwan princess, NAtional Stadium BTS, Asia HOtel, Ratchathewi BTS, Aronma & Holiday Inn Bangkok, near to Chitlom BTS

precious_02

Hi, any comments for holiday Mansion Hotels near to 'Ploenchit' station... seems like it is quite cheap and accessible to the MTR but nobody seems to stay in tis hotel b4?

isobellies

i've stayed at the Amari Watergate countless times (corporate floor! normal rooms are very old), and I love to go to the pratunam markets to scour around, but I think the Arnoma's location is also very good because it's near the WTC as well as the BTS. Unless you only want to shop at siam square then stay there, otherwise most of the time you'll be out shopping and eating anyway!
In general i think the Sukumvit and Siam Square hotels are the best because they're more convenient. hotels like Conrad are just out of the way...

momopo

i know that a lot of taxi drivers don't know where d'ma hotel is.

i m thinking of going there to tailor make working suits (joy collection), what do i tell the taxi drivers if they don't know where d'ma is? is it near any other landmarks?

tiewster

hi hi...can anyone tell me if Bangkok Palace is a good place to stay??? I mean...issit convient?? Any comments abt the hotel??

jolin

hi tiewster

its quite far if u are gg to the world trade centre n siam centre.. try arnoma hotel, directly opp world trade centre ... i think abit exp then the bangkok palace. i was given this hotel oso but i change it to arnoma hotel ...

benji69

I have stayed at both Pathuwan Princess and Asia Hotel. Both hotels are good. Check out their websites.

PP is best. Just next to MBK. In fact connected by a side entrance. No need to even leave the building. Next to BTS station too. But a little pricey.

Asia Hotel is not too bad. Next to BTS too. 10 mins walk away from PP/MBK. Hotel is a bit old but not bad. There are some stories about this hotel but when I stayed there, everything was fine.

I think transport is most important in BKK. Stay near a BTS station, unless you have alternative modes of transport. The amounts you pay for transport may be more than the savings you get from staying at a faraway hotel.

whisker

Hi, FYI, between 1 May - 30 September 2005, PP will be refurbishing the entire ground floor and reception area.

momopo

arnoma hotel location is really very good.

better than d'ma n pathuwan princess, near bts, next to big c, opp wtc and can walk to pratunam market somemore.

funwong

Arnoma hotel - Great location juz opp central world plaza & isetan and next to Big C supermarket. Just minutes walk to BTS Chitlom station. The staff at main entrance & lift lobby were polite and courteous. Ok room size but was a bit old. Nice breakfast buffet.

professor

Arnoma hotel is abit expensive compare to other nearby hotel,actually u dont need a very good hotel cos most of the time u will b outside shopping .so only at late of the night u come back to sleep.is better to save the money for shopping....

durian

Hi ginger ale,

I have stayed in Twin tower 2 times, and will be goingback for a 3rd time end of the month.

For this trip, I had compared with many hotels, but felt that may be it is best to stick to a place we are already comfortable with.

The service is ok, dun expect 5 star. I am impressed my their room service. They dun keep slippers and toothpaste in the room, so you got to call to ask them deliver. As I had very had experience even in 5 star hotels, I told them i need to sleep soon and pls bring it over quickly. WOw, that guy, was pratically runny over, saw him "panting". He arrive iin less than 5 minutes.

We ordered supper (fried rice)too , yumm yumm. expected to wait 1/2 hour, hardly believe their "20 minutes". well it arrived in 15 minutes.That was past 12 am.

The room are a little old, and can be stale when you first walk in. So we suggest you turn on the aircon take a bath, and walk across to the road to the Thai massage shops. They are open till quite late. Reasonable charges, 300B for 2 hours. Haa haa. we went everyday. You can also have supper at the road side stall.

Transport? just take cab. wait outside lobby, let the guy help you hail a cab. he will negotiate with driver to use meter. YOu can reach MBK , at about 38B (10 minutes, so far had not encountered any jams, ), Chinatown 50B (about 15 minutes).

There is no safe in the room, but there is a central safe near the reception, with individual compartments (just like bank's).

main disavantage is no coffee maker and kettle, but you just need to call room service and hotwater will arrive.
happy.gif

woah... after promoting them so much , they better dun disappoint me this trip.
happy.gif

momopo

my bf's mum wanna go bkk can allrooms for bangkok inn hotel has been taken.

any suggestions for good n cheap hotels, preferable within walking distance to shopping centres.

pls advise, thanx! =)

professor

hi minty,

there is a feedback for twin tower above,look not bad.i never stay before so no comment.i always go for baiyoke suite and estin .normally i go for 3 star hotel only in bangkok.sometime no point to go for high class hotel cos v only sleep there at night as long as they hv a bathtub ,heater,aircon and free mineral water is enough liow.

shin_yan

Hi tarea,

I stayed in both Samran Place and Asia Hotel when i was in bangkok last month.
The price wise...cheap, only about SGD 30+ as compared to Asia Hotel which is about SGD 60+ per night/twin room.
The room wise...of course asia hotel better, feel more comfortable but the room are acceptable for samran place.
Location wise..it is just a 5 min walk from Asia Hotel so shouldn't be any problem.
Breakfast wise...i prefer Samran place, theirs is not a buffet style and u got to choose a set meal. I got sick of Asia Hotel's breakfast, they are the same every day!
Service wise...can't say much...i feel is all the same!
On the whole, if u are on budget and only wants a room to sleep in at night, Samran Place will be good enough.

durian

Hi

latest rate for twin towers is 48/night fr asia rooms.

I have been there 3 times. so far so good.

just remember to always take taxi at the hotel and get the staff to talk for you. last time we thought walking to the main road helps, but the moment you go there, you get pestered by tuk tuks and taxi drivers. My husband even felt "molested" by a taxi driver who keeps on holding onto his arms.hehehe.....i tried so hard not to laugh at it.

tarea

Hi Shin Yan,

thanks for your input!
Thought no one stayed there b4 cuz was reading the thread and the Bangkok thread, no one mentioned abt it... hee hee

Thought of getting a budget hotel near BTS but certainly not Asia as I stayed there b4 and dun really like it.. ;P

Thought of Baiyoke sky too, think it's a nice place, near Pratunam market, think it's also busy at night? So if we return late, at least it's not as scary!! haha. However, the con is there's no BTS nearby.. sigh..

Cheer,
Tarea

shin_yan

Hi tarea,

Samran Place is a new hotel, think only operationally from last year. That's why not much people heard of it...i found this thru asiaroom website as well as other forums where some singaporeans already have feedback about the hotel. Their feedback was good and i personally agree too.

Not sure if the pratunam market is busy at night though, thought it close early? only been there in the morning.

professor

hi tarea,

Pratunam market close ard 1830hr but after that the street market will start ,so if u stay hotel nearby should not b scary lah .the street market wil close ard 2300hr.

tarea

thanks Shin Yan and professor

Does anyone knows what's the difference between a Superior Room and a Deluxe Room for Novotel Siam Square Hotel?

And between Novotel Siam Square Hotel and Arnoma, which hotel is better in terms of location, "cleaniness" and food.. etc etc

Cheers,
tarea

professor

hi tarea,

i never stay there before so no comment.

As for superior Room or a Deluxe Room ard the same mayb one of that got a better view or come with a free dinner lol.

ahjo77

HI Shin yan

Care to share why u think Asia Hotel the room is better ??i am comtemplating between asia and samran place

Thanks

girlfriend

hi tarea

I've stayed at novotel siam sq, its highly recommended for the location. Its location is v good to go MBK & WTC..anyway its near all shopping centres & BTC too.

Arnoma is cheaper but didnt hear good reviews so didnt dare to try.

I've stayed at Baiyoke sky before, nt impressive & accessible need to walk or take cab to anywhere u go, i wld prefer novotel siam square.

alhana

Hi ladies

Here's my opinion :

Novotel Siam vs Arnoma - Novotel is nicer, but it's more expensive.

As for Deluxe Room vs Superior - Deluxe is one grade up from a Superior. It is usually bigger.

shin_yan

Hi Ah Jo77

Asia Hotel room looks more "high class", not sure if you knows wat i mean. I feel the difference the moment i step into the room. Asia hotel room was a "wow", Samran Place room was a " uh, ok"

But don't worry abt the room, both are good enough for sleeping, just that i personally feel that asia hotel room is better in terms of the view, decor. If u are going on budget, samran place is good enough.

ahjo77

Hi Ladies

Thanks for sharing the information.
Since i will be staying for 3 days might take a combination of both samran and Asia Hotel ah ....
The price for Asia is 464 n Samran is $37 thats y i am really comtempalting ....keke
Btw is Samran safe??how far issit from the BTS or Asia HOtel??

Thanks a lot

shin_yan

Hi Ah Jo77

i stayed for 5 nights at my last trip, of which the first 3 nights at asia and 2 nights at samran place. It is just a 5 mins walk to samran place from asia. I cut through the small lanes behind asia but if u don't know the way yet, just walk along the main road and turn left and walk straight.

Samran should be safe, they have security guards. But i have this experience during my first night there, there are people who i think should be drunk talking very loudly at the corridor. The noise woke me up for a while and quite disturbing.

westin

Hi everybody,

Wow, is excited to read and exchange many informations here! Just to check anynody knows about getting the Tourist Pass for the BTS? maybe 5d4n cost how much? Is it can be used for their new MRT system as well?

ahjo77

HI Shin Yan

Thanks for your information.
I am joining my hubby who will be there for business trip but we would be extending on our own as the hotel form his company is very exp thus we wanna get some cheaper deals

JO

kikilala22

Hi westin,

BTS Ticket Type:
One Day Pass
100 Baht
- Must be used within a single day
- Good for Unlimited Trips

I think this is not bad.....

piper

hi edksd,

their MRT & their BTS are different. MRT are underground whereas BTS is the sky train.

I think the BTS tickets cannot be used for MRT. the MRT use those contact point entry like our Ezi Link whereas BTS still uses the farecard like wat we were using before Ezi Link.

dragonics

I have stayed in Arnoma twice.. personally i like the location and near street market.. and the price is reasonable.

The rooms are clean and classy.. marble wall tiles toilet.

the staffs i encountered are friendly for both instance. The staff even offered us umbrella "automatically" when it start raining.

*thumb-up*

giggler

Hi, what's your review on Pratunam Park Hotel? Wanted to book Baiyoke Sky for this weekend but it's fully-booked.

mitzi

Hey Giggler, i'm going this weekend too.. Staying at Baiyoke Sky.
happy.gif
First time staying there, dunno wat to expect as well
happy.gif

enjoy yr holidays..

giggler

mitzi, you so lucky, managed to get Baiyoke Sky. May I know when did u book it?

Have u plan your itinerary?
Enjoy yourself....