Bangkok Accomodation - Advice

jasminetea

Hi Whiteveil,

Sorry for late reply.

The spa name is called Tammachart. No website leh.

They have Traditional Thai Massage, Sport Massage, Sport Twin Massage, Aroma Relaxing Massage, Body Exfoliating Scrub, Special Body (All at THB 1200). They don't hv the Indonesian Massage.

If you need more information, I can scan the brochures and email you. Maybe you PM me with your email address.

Cheers~

whiteveil

Hi Jasminetea,

you can send to my email, [email protected] if it is not too inconvenient for you.....thanks a lot
happy.gif

mashybrainz

Hi!

I've been to Asia Hotel and although very convenient, it's very rundown. Toilet lights very dim. Anyone got suggestion of a good alternative? Somewhere also convenient. Realised too that a lot of cab drivers don't want to take you if you're staying in Asia Hotel. Got 1 taxi driver pretended the car broke down. When an ang moh got it, the car miraculously revived. Or maybe it's my skin colour.

Thinking of going there again for a shopping trip. Anyone got recommendations? Are the rates good for Thailand at this website? I've done research for HK for this website before and it's the best, don't know about Bangkok though.

Thailand

ohstrawberry

Hi, mashy branz

I also realised that their taxi drivers liked taking ang moh passengers, cause can chop them like carrot head, while we asians will bargain with them and demand to go on meter fares, we're more stingy with money than those farang (ang mohs).
i had stayed at Bangkok City Inn, only 2 stars, but very near to Gaysorn, Central World Plaza (WTC),Central Chitlom, Amarin Plaza, Big C, Pratunam market, Pratunam centre, Ewaran shrine. The hotel located in between rows of shophouses behind Big C. BTS Chitlom station is about 5-10min walk.
The rate you found is consider ok la, u wanna try www.directrooms.com. I had booked my recent hotel stay with them, price is reasonable.
If you wanna see the hotel pics, i can email you.

kis

Hi ohstrawberry,

do u think its dangerous for 3 ladies to stay in bangkok city inn??? esp at nite???

I would like to see the hotel pics, can email me at [email protected]

Thanks v much....

ohstrawberry

Hi, Kis

I dun think it's dangerous at all. Just walk along the road and it's safe. And alot of cars go in and out, so no worry. Just be careful of cars behind you, some can be crazy in driving, reckless fellows, one time the whole street of ppl cursed at one driver, he drove too fast liao somemore in a small lane.
Most Thai ppl are very good and nice, they will help you automatically when you need help. Like once at their MRT station, dun know which station to go(cause name in Thai) , one Thai guy just came forward to help me without me asking and before i can thank him, he already walked away. They r simply helpful ppl.

Just go to www.yahoo.com.sg/photos/jennyoh23 to view the pics.

momopo

yup, the prices on that site is indeed the cheapest i have came across sof ar.

anyone tried booking thru them yet?

any probs?

ohstrawberry

Hi, mashy brainz and minty

Just a gentle reminder,
the price stated on the site has not include govt tax and service charge, so as to say, the price is actually not the actual price you paid for. Moreover they charged you based on US$, when they charged to your credit card, the currency exchange might affect the price too. I'll advise book with site that price is clearly stated and in Thai baht or singapore dollars.

jojok

Hi,

Just back fm my BK trip. Stayed 2 nites at Bangkok City Inn, didn't like it cos very old & aircon too noisy. Limited breakfast spread though it taste okay.

The remaining 3 nites I stayed at Baiyoke Sky Hotel. Wow... lots of difference in room size & breakfast spread.

I will still choose either Baiyoke Sky or Novotel in future unless going on a budget then perhaps Asia Hotel (hubby says better than Bangkok City Inn though I have not stayed there but he has).

postpet2

Hi all,
me one of those singaporean that came back last night on Jetstar..
i must say BKK over the easter weekend is crowded with Singaporeans, Hong Konger...
happy.gif

I had stayed at Baiyoke sky Junior suite cos did not manage to book a normal room on time...lucky price not so ex...
erm..though its very near to pratunam, but i must say the walk to Zen/erawan shrine is still some distance...unless you really like the pratunam market, else it can be quite inconvenient to BTS..

i had depended on cab a couple of times as we are not quite near the BTS and it definitely opened up my eye to BKK's traffic condition...
on 2 occasion, it came to a complete standstill. in fact, we doze off in the cab and when we woke up, we had just moved that tiny winy bit..terrible.
i guess, the next time, i shall choose to stay near to BTS and depend more on BTS as main source of transport...

Baiyoke sky's view is wonderful i must say...we were on the 59 storey. it rained a couple of times and we could see the cloud at our window level and raining below us...hahaha.

I had stayed at bangkok city inn before. yes, the hotel is old. but good at location. a short walk to the main road where zen is. near BTS as well.

I'll try asia hotel next.

sakurasan

rachelle, I've stayed in D'ma during my first visit to BKK many years ago when the hotel was first opened. It isn't exactly near all the shopping malls but we depended a great deal on cabs and tuk-tuk then. The rooms were pretty new and spacious - but that was in 1997!
happy.gif
So my inputs are really very outdated!

muffin_bear

Hi,

The last time I booked Valueair 3D2N (can choose a variety of hotels) I tried Siam City Hotel, is good and reasonable $, about same price as Baiyoke, opp Phya Thai station, can walk to WTC if 1 to... Their spa service also good, use Australian Jurlique products.

racherlle

hi sakurasan!

thanks for ur advice! yup.. in 97.. but tink it's still newer than some of the hotels rite? hehe..
i'm considering either Baiyoke Sky/D'ma/Eastin..

seems like most of the pple here enjoyed their stay in Baiyoke SKy! hehe..

shi40lin

Hi, I'm new here.
I'm going BKK in May.
Anyone stay at Pratunam Park Hotel b4?
Wanting Asia Hotel initially but it's still in waiting list.
Pratunam Park Hotel is confirmed le.
Hw's the location and the hotel??
Any advises?

yappy

Don't stay at Asia Hotel as it is under renovation. Although it's linked to the Skyway, the rooms are rather old. I've only visited friends staying there during my trips and the place always smells smoky. They've got nice dimsum buffet though and the wanton mee stall just outside the hotel sells yummy and cheap supper. Try Pathumwan Princess or Novotel, both of which are also either linked or just next to the Skyway station. Definitely more expensive but really more comfy. The rooms are cleaner and nicer, classier. The extra cost is not much either, approx $30 more per night compared to Asia Hotel. Hope this helps...
happy.gif

Alex [email protected]

kis

Hi ohstrawberry,

Thanks for the info n fotos.
U seems to go to a lot of places of interests...but this time round, its my shopping trip, so will skip all and go shopping, eat, relax...

ade02

Hello,

Just came back from Bangkok. Good accomodation to recommend - Holiday Inn Bangkok Not Silom. It is just next to Chit Lom BTS, from room can see the station. It is near World Trade Centre.
Room very new (refurnished).
Nice hotel staff!

estben

Hi racherlle,
D'ma not bad i'ved stay there before umm not berry new but better than Eastin ya. I am going with my girlfriend on next sat to monday staying ay baiyoke sky.... After all personally think Baiyoke Sky still the best, they offer the nicest buffet and dinner. Service is there loh they damp berry friendly and felt its location berry prominent late night bazzar and many more.... Not afraid even though come back late from elsewhere, things i would say relatively cheap and can be found at MBK... maybe of the wholesale centre
So excitied now towards my BBK trip again. racherlle when are you going?
Ya Kis BBK berry happening so happy y cos we are always buy things eating bargaining and damp siok want.... Buy wisely and in quantity, if not later regret inside the plane y i never buy this y i never get that .... that's our character true??

fan

Hi Alex,

When did Asia Hotel reno start and when will it be completed? I have already booked the hotel for my end May trip leh...

racherlle

hi gals!

thanks for all ur inputs!
happy.gif

i've decided to stay at Novotel Siam Square for the convenience!

hi esther!
i will b going on the 7th-11th May...
happy.gif
hehe hopefully i'm able to get Novotel.. if not then i will stay at Baiyoke Sky..

pink_tulip

Hi!!

Has anyone of you done online hotel booking thru Asiarooms.com before? It seems to be offering the lowest rates. Any comments?

jasminetea

Hi,

I also booked thru' Asiarooms.com for my recent Bangkok trip. I think they are good. Fast replies and confirmation. Do try it out.

Cheers~

pink_tulip

Hi Serene and Jasminetea!

Thanks a lot!
happy.gif
Their rates are one of the lowest, if not lowest, right? But because of that, I am kind of skeptical, you see... (hat a joke). But I am glad to hear from you about your pleasant experience booking a room through the site.
happy.gif

racherlle

hi pink!!

yup i booked for my parents for their upcomin trip to BKK from asiarooms too, staying at Novotel Siam Square! very fast reply! within one day!
happy.gif

i'm going to book my trip from them too!

twink

Hi everyone!

Has anyone stayed at both Novetel Siam Square and Pathumwan Princess Hotel before recently?
I had heard raves about these 2 hotels.

What is the main difference between these 2 hotels? In terms of comfort level?
Pathuwan Princess seems more expensive. Does this means that the rooms are more luxurious? Which hotel is newer?

Sorry for having many questions...
Thanks in advance for the tips and info.

miloice

Hi Twink,
just returned from Bangkok and had stayed in Novetel Siam Square. Their bed is quite uncomfortable and the rooms are very small. Don't know abt Pathumwan Princess though. But in terms of location, I would say Pathumwan Princess is better. It is located directly linked to MBK. You can shop without any fear of weather changes. Lots of restaurants and food outlets in there. So, its an indeal lodging location for Bangkok. The SkyTrain is also linked to the MBK shopping mall. But in terms of distance to the train station, Novetel is just infront of the station.

erowen

hi twink
pratunam is a 5 star hotel but novotel is 4 star i think. At the end of the day, it really depends on you.

i myself have stayed at both hotels before but personally i prefer novotel siam sq, cos i find it's in the centre of MBK and WTC (5 mins walk to each place), you can really walk to alot of places.
When i stayed at novotel, i find the rooms pretty okie, it was not small, i would say it's a standard hotel room but pretty comfortable. It's the same as Pratunam. For breakfast and service-wise, er...i also prefer novotel. =))

ixwong

Just came back last month fron BKK. Also stay at Novotel Siam Square. Many of their floors had just been renovated so not bad. Location is excellent, didn't really need to travel around for shopping.

Try to get a higher floor to be away from the on-going renovation which I believe is on 7th floor now.

miloice

Hi ixwong,
we were staying on the 18th floor and there was renovation going on. Can heard all the drilling noise
sad.gif

Also, the toilets are using wood flooring. The shower glass door was giving way and the drainage cover for the bathtub needs to be removed manually by digging it.

Haven't been to pratunam princess so don't know how's it. But we had our wedding banquet at Conrad, so when we went over to Novetel in Bangkok, it was a sharp contrast.

racherlle

hi pinkdolphin!!
happy.gif

okiee i will go to the website u recommend too!
hav not booked my room yet.. most prob will book nxt week!
will b going BKK in early May to get my home stuff! so excited
happy.gif

hope to see u and eeyore on saturday! will b staying over the weekend.

racherlle

hi milo!

the renovation is still on going at Novotel ah?
when will the renovation end? hmmm my parents will b going over at end April.. hopefully it will b completed already..

oh ya...the hotel standards in SG is definitely higher than in BKK.. our 5 stars rating is definitely maybe 7 or 8 stars as compared to them..
anyway, i hope u have enjoyed ur trip other than the unpleasant hotel stay
happy.gif

alhana

Eh I don't think their hotel standards are all that different. Most of the time when pple go to BKK, they stay at 3-4* at best. And their good 4* hotels are comparable to ours. A nice 4* hotel I stayed in during one of my BKK trips was Windsor Suites hotel. Its an all-suite hotel, and the prices were really reasonable considering the rooms were big and comfortable. However location wise, its prob not as attractive as those in the Siam Square area.

Best hotel I stayed in was the Sheraton Grande in Sukhumvit. Right next to the King & I massage spa, and the Asoke skytrain station is right at the hotel's doorstep. Have also stayed in Asia (the worst but so cheap you can't expect that much :p), Arnoma (so-so..thin walls tho), Novotel (loved the location, and room was decent), President (now under reno and will be re-opened as Holiday Inn..cheap and good) and Banyan Tree (lovely room, fantastic bath but not so crazy abt the location). For my next trip am comtemplating the Inter Continental. Or if I wanna spend less, then prob Novotel. Any one stayed at the Inter Con before?

dolphin48

Hi alhana

I did stay at Inter Con before during one of my biz trip. The room is fantastic. I prefer this to Banyan Tree. Actually I got bad service at Banyan Tree while at Inter Con, i get very good service. In Banyan Tree, they see the way you dressed. It's a big contrast when you wear business and casual. For inter con, i like their see thru toilet....ha ha ha......

zenn

Hi gingerale,

Errr.. are you the ginger from rsyc thread? Anyway, I stayed in Eastin early this yr. The room is clean n neat. Value for $$$

alhana

Hi Daphne

Woo...see thru toilet..sounds intriguing :p Did you stay in a Deluxe room? Its one of my top choices coz I like the location, and the hotel itself looks very nice. And its not as expensive as the Hyatt. Also considering Plaza Athenee.

As for Banyan Tree, I didnt like the incense smell that permeated the whole hotel :p I know its a spa hotel and all, but the smell got abit much. I did like the rooftop restaurant..great view of the city. And I liked all the bath accessories, like the oils, salts and shower foam :p Didn't really notice the service staff.

zenn

Hi gingerale,

No no. Of course you cannot expect like 5 stars hotel but its spacious enough for 2 person and its clean.

septembre

Thanks Zenn

Ok ok. I've stayed in D'ma. So I'm not looking or expecting anything 5 star. But at least clean rooms and nothing falling apart of sorts. ;P