Bangkok Accomodation - Advice

princessjen

Hi pepsi,

i would suggest u to take arnoma cos i will b staying there too..more convenient than baiyoke sky..
btw, when wil u b going to BKK?
happy.gif

Hi w9999,

its easy to catch a cab in BKK...jus tat some pple dun like to get caught in the jam tats y choose to stay somewher near BTS..

many plcs to shop like WTC,siam sq/discovery centre/MBK/chatuchak etc..

rally

hi wedding,

d'ma/eastin same area and walking distance to baiyoke sky about 10mins. No BTS(Skytrain) to MBK gotta take taxi abt 10mins if no jam. Pratunam wholesale market is next to Baiyoke sky so thats the good thing abt this area. Prices here for garments much cheaper as they are the suppliers.

Walking distance to Central World Plaza (WTC) abt 10mins n nearest BTS Station either Chidlom or
Siam, another 5-10mins walk from WTC.

zenn

Hi wedding9999 & pepsi,
Arnoma would b a better choice cos its just ops WTC. Nicer area to shop and eat too...

Wedding, Baiyoke Suite and Baiyoke Sky is just next to each other. Baiyoke Sky or Arnoma, both 4 stars hotel but not very near to MBK if you going to walk. If by taxi, its ard 10mins.

As for Pathumwan Princess, its a 5 stars hotel and just next to MBK.

wedding9999

Thks everyone !

Hi pepsi, which agency is that that offer $228 ? That's cheap. Can gv me their contact ?

Me flying by Cathay, so more expensive....;p

Hopefully, can get Asia hotel if not hv to find alernative hotel....;p

postpet2

Hi all bangkok experts,
how about bangkok palace hotel?
sigh...think i must really look for alternatives cos zuji has not got back to me for asia hotel leh...

wedding9999

I also need to find alternatives for hotels becos my agency also hv not get back to me if I can get asia hotel.

Aronma, PP, Novotel Siam, Baiyoke Sky too expensive.....;p

Any other gd suggestions ?

esterlla

Hi wedding & postpet2,

when r u guys gg to BKK? I stayed in D'ma before. It's quite good. Heard from friends BKK palace and bkk city inn is not too bad.

postpet2

joy, you going next month is it? if things go smooth, mine's next month too..

I've stayed in bangkok city inn before...personally i feel not that comfortable with it..bedsheet felt slimy..but i'm quite a fussy person.
happy.gif

Have not tried Asia, but my mom who is also rather fussy said its ok...

How far is d'ma from world trade?

esterlla

I was there 3 years back. ( wah , so long ago) There are food stalls outside the hotel, so there is no problem with food. It's about 15 mins walk to world trade.

I will be there btw 11-14 nov
Btw, how do you have the smileys?

pepsi

wedding9999, Aiyah the 228 is a no go lah..pls refer to bangkok thread for my story. Agent said must pay $238 instead..felt a bit play out.

wedding9999

but pepsi, $238 is still rather cheap considering that u staying at aronma, right ? U flying by tiger airlines, right ?

So, u still book with them ? Which agency is that ?

pepsi

yes tiger air....there were 3 agencies offering this price at natas...gunung raya, airelated..another one i cant remember liao. I think these 3 agencies deal with the same thai local agents that's why they quote same prices.

postpet2

Ladies, anyone heard of Ambassador Hotel. Need some urgent advise for this hotel.
Its near Nana station i think. But how's the room/breakfast? clean? edible?

rally

postpet,

dma is next to eastin, abt 10-15mins walk to WTC.
Ambassador hotel has few wings standard and tower wing. standard wing quite cheap abt 26US per nite with ABF. Condition may not be up to standard tho. Tower wing much better but also alot more ex. Location-wise, its near BTS either nana or asok, close to food n street stalls at nite. To MBK by BTS abt 10mins.

But this area is close to those pubs, where alot of ang mo go to search for working ladies.

rally

U may want to try Holiday Mansion, Siam Beverly as alternatives. Rooms abt US25 per nite and close to BTS or MRTA. Dun know abt the standard of the rooms tho.

holiday mansion is nearer to WTC side whereas siam beverly is further from this area but near a MRTA station so not too bad.

postpet2

thanks rally. the hotel is something that Zuji recommended...she said not bad...and near BTS.
so may just try lor as long as the room is clean which she said is.
you stayed there before?

northgal

Just happened to pop into this forum.

Agree that Asia hotel is an ideal choice for the budget conscious. Almost half of the price of a 5-start hotel. The skytrain station is just at the entrance of the hotel. 1-2 station to the town area. Can also take the sky train to the week end market too. In addition, the breakfast is of such great variety and delicious that u may have difficulty to control yourself from over-eating. On top of that, the 'Aqua' show is just at the basement, but no worry, cos it is the professional type, not those in the red light district.

rally

postpet2,

i tried to book ambassador standard wing but was fully booked last week, but din take up the tower wing cos too expensive. i think its a good choice

i like the area cos near to BTS and night hawker stalls. close to night bazaar too.

deathstar

hmm... I'm gonna stay at Asia htl this coming nov as well... but i heard its quite 'dirty' leh..'

anyone got any bad experience there?? care to share?

rally

i think u should not get worried over 'ghostly' encounters in hotels. If u have never encountered such things before, chances are you will never see them. If u can see them, u prob are used to such things even here in Sg. Most of the time its just your fears and imagination in a foreign place that start u make u feel uncomfortable. U should just relax n enjoy your holiday instead of fretting over 'dirty' issues.

deathstar

hey... thanks for the assurance rally....

Yeah. I guess u're right. No point worrying over those stuff. Ain't gonna let that ruin my holiday. =)

babysummer

hey, I normally go for Baiyoke sky when I am in BK and I love that place, especially the open revolver at night. Cheers!

pepsi

Baiyoke sky's rooms are nice & big & breakfast is good. But I dont really like the lifts, must take 1 lift to the lobby at 16 or 19 floor, then must change to another lift to go to hotel room...find it a waste of time.
And when I went there last year, I booked the package with GBC travel and they sub-contract it to a Thai local agent, called V V Victory. When we reached Baiyoke Sky at abt 1 or 2am in the morning (coz we took the night flight)...Baiyoke sky told us their rooms were fully booked and wanted to downgrade us to Baiyoke Suite! The local agent then told us that Baiyoke sky are always like dat....but Baiyoke sky mgt told us that it was becoz our local agent didnt confirm their booking. So, just a word of caution to those booking with Baiyoke Sky...

babysummer

So far I have no problems with Baiyoke sky for these few years. I always book with them directly. The buffet spread is better than many. For people who enjoy night views I am sure you will not doubt my views.
happy.gif
cheeRs!

esterlla

hi lou2ness,

It's not that far, maybe 20 mins walk from Asia hotel. I just came back yesterday, as we went to Joy Collection to tailor our shirts, we kept walking to Pratunam from Asia. All you have to do is to go up the BTS station from Asia, then go out from the exit opposite ( on the Hollywood complex side) then walk towards 7-11 , just follow the road ( it's a straight road). You can cross the overhead bridge once you come to Pantip Plaza ( Their SIM LIM sq, with A&W below), just walk further down, you will see a lot of street vendors..

Hope this helps!

sirwin

yes, lou2ness, abt 15-20mins walk, if u take cab from asia or MBK, tink oni abt 37b-41b. prices is competitive b4 disc. though it is a wholesales mkt.

bigshow78

hi lou2ness,
if u like shop at Pratunam market,i suggest u take Baiyoke suite or sky or Pratunam park hotel it is very convenien.mean after u buy all the stuff ,u can put it back to hotel cos u can shop they whole day if u go with girl fren.

peiyi

hi,

anyone can help me?? i have a trip to bangkok 3D2N next month. I dun know how to planning my schedule for shopping and eating.

i stay at arnoma hotel. Reach bangkok about 10am

i wan go shopping ( Chatuchak, pratunum mrk, sukhumvit, chinatown, Siam, wtc ...etc) Do u think i can manage in these few day

nicatan

hello,

if u reach there on wknd.. can go straight to chatuchak after u unpack ur stuff in hotel.. it will take u half a day or more cos its very big... can go to chinatown say arnd 5 for early dinner and buy birdnest or wat then proceed to siam sq arnd 7pm cos the things there r more ex so chances u wont tend to buy alot... go to patpong at nite for the nitght market..

nex morn... go straight to mbk cos its very big and things there are nice and cheap...and u can proceed to "world trade ctr" (not sure if its still called that) to buy naraya bags and lingerie...

last day, cont to shop at mbk or other areas u wana go..

nelle

Hi Peggy

3D2N is not enough, for me at least!
I stay in Arnoma (I think it's a great hotel and location) for 4 nites. First 2 days was spent in Siam Square and MBK center, next 2 days at Chatuchak and last day is rest day. At night, I went Suan Lum nite mkt, pratunam mkt. I swear that my legs threatened to go on strike. but IT WAS WORTH IT. My luggage is 10 kg excess!!

I bought the BTS ticket for 15 trips and used up all!

Nelle

chrysanne12

Hi gals,

Can I just find out what exactly do they sell in Suan Lum nite mkt and is it open everyday? Secondly, is it near Pathumwan Princess

I went to Bangkok last year but didn't go Chatuchak as I didn't stay during the weekend. I just wld like to find out beside WTC and MBK, where else is good to shop for nice clothes and house decorations?

I stayed at Pathumwan Princess the last ard, and felt it was clean and nice but breakfast wise not so good leh! So now I'm thinking btw Arnoma or stick with Pathumwan Princess

jasminetea

Hi Chrysanne,

Suan Lum market is not near Pathumwan Princess. You need to take a cab 'cos there is no direct BTS there. I feel that what you can see here is what you can see in Chatuchak but it is cooler and more spacious.
happy.gif

I will be staying in Arnoma for my next trip to Bangkok in April.

chrysanne12

Hi Jasmintea,

tks for your reply, I'm also going in late April but have not booked my trip yet.
can I just find out whether Suan Lum nite mkt is open everyday?

Have u stayed in Arnoma b4, how is the hotel?

jasminetea

Hi Chrysanne,

I heard that it is open every night but I think better confirmed with others. I went on Friday night myself.
happy.gif

I never stay in Arnoma before, so wish to try it out this round. I stayed in Asia Hotel (don't like this) and Novotel Siam Square (love it but fully booked for the period I want)

Have you booked your tickets?

chrysanne12

Hi Jasmine,

nope I've not booked the tickets yet! I'm going 29 or 30 April, I saw Asia Hotel from outside and I didn't like, it gives me the errie feeling. Arnoma did look good from outside but not sure whether they are many food courts inside like Pathumwan Princess

hmmm, can I just check with u, which 1 is better to go first Chatuchak or Suan Lum and if we stay at Arnoma, is it nearer to these 2 places.

I'm so sorry that I keep asking so many questions.

zenn

Hi chrysanne & Jasminetea,

Yes Suan Lum is open every nite till around midnite. They sells similar stuff as chatucha but sligtly more x but the place is much more cooler n cleaner.

Nv stayed in Arnoma b4 but location wise its v convenient.

jasminetea

Hi Chrysanne,

No problem lah. We are all here to share.
happy.gif

I never stayed in Pathumwan Princess but have heard all the good things about it. But it is over my budget lah.
happy.gif
Heard tt it is very convenient to get food in Aronma Hotel.

You can take BTS directly to Chatuchak and Chatuchak, you hv to go in the morning and it closes in the early evening. Whereas Suan Lum is a night market like what zenn has mentioned.

I think you might want to depend on your flight to plan. For me the last round, I go Suan Lum on Friday night (I reached Bangkok on Friday morning) then go Chatuchak on Sat morning.

However, to be frank with you, I prefer Chatuchak 'cos it is accessible by BTS. I do not like to take cabs although it is cheap.

happy.gif
But I'm sure you will find both markets have its own interesting places to explore!

Cheers!

chrysanne12

hi Jasmine,

tks for the inform, I've told my husband to book tomorrow liao, I think this time I might go for Arnoma. I think a lot of Singaporean wld like to travel to BKK at the end of April since May 1st and 2nd are holidays.

anyway, enjoy your trip

sakurasan

chrysanne12, I just came back from BKK! Stayed at Novotel Siam Square - it's slightly cheaper than Pathumwan Princess..but the location is much better I feel. It's plonk right in the centre of Siam Square..and you can easily walk to all those little shops in Siam Sq to shop. BTS Siam Sq, Siam Discovery Centre are juz behind the hotel.

I love the household stuff in BKK. Bot lots of those nice, classy plates and bowls found in restaurants. You can easily find them in the shopping malls in Central World Plaza, Emporium, Central Chit Lom, etc. I wish I could LUG them all back!!

magix

hi gals, juz to let u noe Suan Lum Night Bazaar is near to Lumphini Stn, i think. but no worries, if u take cab there from town, wun b more than 100 baht! i went there 2 nites over the wkend and i enjoyed shopping there tremendously!!!!
happy.gif

my hb kept the map and i cant find it now. but if i rem correctly, no hotels is near there. i stayed in Baiyoke Sky and it cost less than 80 baht each trip. quite ok lah. we din take tuh-tuh as the cab fare is cheap and we dun hv to breathe in exhaust fumes! its horrendous man, the traffic!
crazy.gif

chrysanne12

hi Jasmine,

I'm now waiting for my travel agency to confirm my booking for the trip end of April. My first choice is Novotel Siam and 2) is Pathumwan Princess, it is $20 more.

Have u confirmed your tickets and hotel yet?

Since u stayed in Novotel b4, is there any full body message spa for couple to recommend near Novotel?

jasminetea

Hi Chrysanne,

Yes, I had confirmed my tickets and hotel already.

Last time, I stayed in Novotel, I went for a full body massage spa which is located at the hotel itself. I think it is kind of expensive but 'cos I was so tired and no time to go outside. So I just engaged their service. They came to my room to massage for us. Both my hubby and I tried it. Service wise not bad and the skill is acceptable. But I think this forum got more better recommendation.
happy.gif

Cheers~

whiteveil

Hi Jasminetea,

i will be staying at Novotel Siam Square too! care to share with me hw much you paid for your massage? Are you doing massage only or other things too with your husband?

jasminetea

Hi Whiteveil,

The full body relaxation massage is THB1200 for each person.
happy.gif
We only tried this service.

I think the rate is much more expensive than other places 'cos afterall it is inside the hotel. However, they are able to provide the service after 11pm, so we decided to go ahead with it.

So envy you to stay in Novotel. I didn't manage to get the room for the period I want. Thus, settle for Anroma this time.

momopo

so, between baiyoke sky n d'ma n arnoma, arnoma seems to be the recommendation here right?

what other hotels in this range is good?

what about baiyoke suite?

i've stayed at pp n d'ma before n d'ma has ltosa food outside. i ate a lot before going to bed each nite when i was staying there! hee.

my priority is convenience, don't wanna waste time on cab as i remembered that it was quite hard to get a cab at evening time...

whiteveil

Hi Jasminetea,

hw long is the massage session? think THB1200 per pax is still quite reasonable for me. do they have indonesian massage? hw is their skill? is it only so so? How do i make an advance booking in Singapore? Btwm does the spa have a name for me to search their website? Sorry for my long questions.....:p

jasminetea

Hi Whiteveil,

It is about 1 hr or about 1.5 hr (I can't rem). I did the aromatheraphy massage. I need to go home and check my brochures if they got Indonesian style massage (I only rem got Thai Style). I will also check for you the name of the spa then.

By the way, they also got facial and they used Clarins products.
happy.gif

I feel that the lady who massage for me is good but my hubby do not like the lady who massage for him 'cos she is impatient. So I guess the skill depend on the therapist who served you.

Hmmm.. I think no need for advance booking. That time I went, I booked them on the spot and they came up to my room within 15 mins.
happy.gif

I will get back to you after I find my brochures by tonight.

Cheers~