Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

csy

xesthir, the counter to take queue # only open at 8am. Even u early also must wait.

If yr bf can't make it, u need to fill up an authorisation letter

unitgal

Hi beachgirlz.

Thanks. My appt is in mid Nov, so starting to feel quite hopeless now. Moreover, mine is at 3.30pm. Might need to come up with a long long list of "backups" the day before if there are many people selecting units before me. Think my bf and I would start to rank the remaining units a few days before our appt. Btw, glad that you have already choosen your unit. Good for you! ;p

beachgirlz

unitgal.. ya i tink u need to have ard 25-30 shortlisted units juz in case. me veri kiasu.. planned way ahead hehe cos 1st time at such thingy.. don wan any last min unforeseen trouble as the whoel thing is stressful enough le
happy.gif
ur turn will be coming soon
happy.gif

hv u selected which area to go for?

rumi78

HAHHA mine is at 8:15am!!!!!! YIPPIE no need to shortlist so many, but the date is like late nov... I guess also left NOTHING MUCH to shortlist, take rubbish chute unit if left any lor. Not like u girls so good still can hiam here and there..... what west sun ah. what near lift ah........what level ah...

angel1182

Hi Icegin,

Yeh, finally found someone on the same day as me... keke. Mine is at 2pm. i think i am just 2-3 no after you... Hmm, I am actually thinking of St 93 lah, but seeing that most of the good units all being selected, i think i will consider St 64 too... 2.5 more days to go... so gan chiong and excited!

icegin

Hi Angel,
My queue no is 326. I have selected quite a few from St 93 in case I need to get the slanted one. For St 93, we will get to see alot of foreign workers, but the shape of the hse is much better than st 64.

icegin

Hi Angel,
My priority is St 64, walking distance to my mom's hse. I'm now looking for renovation company already... lol Have you think of how to renovate your hse?

Hi everyone,
Any recommendation for contractor?

csy

Icegin, you pretty fast with the renovation.

Can we postpone taking the keys?

2nd appt definitely take keys liao huh? Say if i want to postpone till after CNY also can 1 rite?

icegin

Why you wanna postpone taking the keys, best is can get my hse done before cny then can concentrate on planning my wedding stuffs

beachgirlz

can postpone taking keys one ar? if postpone taking does it mean we don need to pay the 10 or 20% deposit too?

icegin.. when's ur big day?
happy.gif

csy

just asking only.

we only plan end of 2008 than ROM.

Assuming i taking keys 3 months from my 1st appt, it is around mid/end Jan.

CNY only a few more weeks after that. Some contractors might go for long vacation and there will be a break in between.

Like bu san bu shi like that

icegin

I postpone my big day till 03 Jan 09 cos thinking that June then I will get the keys and two months to renovate plus photo taking, choosing of gowns... but seems like I will get the keys earlier than I expected.

csy

Icegin, high chance the keys will be ready before Jun 08.

The officer herself tell us within 3 months from 1st appt.

I read in other forums that those en bloc people who getting St 64 already received notification but this is yet to verify

baby_whyme

hi sy chen.. eh, i took a single-digit floor.. don't really wanna reveal my unit here. i also feel like postponing taking my keys leh..haha, cos dun wan to ROM so soon..end of 2008 leh!

ann, don't stress! your time will come; it's really exciting and nerve-wrecking all at the same time! hehe.

ioio

Hi whyme,

I know which unit u hv got.. ha ha.... because that is also in my list... i finally finished the stressful process.... can relax now, we have chosen st 93 and st 64.. we jump from one area to another, listed ard 20 units yesterday nite, ard noon, it's like 95% taken.. think all aiming at those few units... rem i mentioned 247? i only listed 9 and 10 floor and they are both taken today.. so coincidence.. 2person before us all took st 64, so we took st 93 as one of the unit that we want still there.. we really leave it to fate liao... ;p s o sad cant be val and ur neighbour but at least 2-3 of my hb friend staying there so not so bad ba...

ioio

oh ya.. finally managed to sneak into st 64 this morn... the door is wide open so we... but didnt managed to see much as we go to the wrong side where there is construction.. when we walk back we got caught... so no choice... btw, the town council members are there to see see look look and monitor the progress, that's why the door is wide open.. we dont want to make think diff for the security guard so we guai guai leave the place..

baby_whyme

haha..easy to guess what i took because we've been observing the units for the past few days so the moment it's gone, it's super obvious.

somehow feel a bit weird; like no need to keep monitoring anymore..haha. just hope that the unit we chose is good, feel a bit insecure..

beachgirlz

oh eileen cannot be our neighbour.. so sad.. but its ok.. still at JW.. when we do reno/hse visiting.. still can pop by each other's hse to visit one
happy.gif
congrats eileen on getting ur hse! :p

beachgirlz

whyme.. its like tat.. juz after i got my unit i also been tinking abt it.. whether i made the right choice etc.. tinking abt it whole day. tink it takes some time to sink in tat we've bought a hse! the biggest item we'll ever buy in our lifetime haha. unless we strike toto or big sweep then can buy condo or bungalow? lolz.

angel1182

Hi Icegin,

Ic... wow, you are fast! I got contacts for contractor, its my colleague's husband. I intend to give him to quote after I received my layout. Give me ur email add if u wants the contact. I also hope the hse can be done up before CYN. My AD in Jan 08, so sad that it cannot be done up before my AD.

Hi Valerie, Eileen,

Wonder why they still enclosed the area for so long, they shld release so that pple who went for the balloting can go in and take a good look before deciding a few hundred thousand deals... haha

baby_whyme

val..
yah! my bf also said he kept thinking abt it, whether the floor is okie, whether the unit layout is nice..etc etc.

funny lah!
before selecting, headache
after selecting..also headache
haha.

baby_whyme

today..the hdb officer went through a rough calculation for us - downpayment + conveyancing fee etc etc..

for those who are taking loan from HDB after downpayment, is there a need to take up home insurance? i'm quite concerned of whether there are extras to pay monthly other than the instalment?

and err.. once get the key, must start paying conservancy and sanitary monthly right? for a 5-rm, approx how much ah?

csy

think the insurance is for assurance. NOt so sure how much but i think not very expensive.

BTW if any of u interested in the slant units, avoid taking those units on the bottom left side of the map. Err, was it 678C?

High level still oke but those on the lower level, the light from the MSCP shine into the windows. The ramp (is that what u call?) that u go up each storey of the MSCP, each car pass by will shine once, can be quite irritating

Before buy, worry abt what unit to choose

after buy got to start worry abt $$$$

jen02

Hi Purpletulips,
I chose min height. HB say cannot review our floor here leh. Can PM to know if u want. =D

WAH!! If we neighbour is the best liao!

icegin

Hi Angel,
Congratulation! I already book my AD wedding dinner, cannot chg the date even my hse come earlier than expected.
My email address is [email protected]. Have you set any budget for renovation? My design theme shld be modern Zen.

ann_chen

whyme -- right after collect the keys need to pay the conservancy and sanitary fees (appx <$100) i think.. dont worry about the insurance for the house..and the fire insurance too.. if i am not wrong is a yearly thing.. it will cost around 200++ for each insurance.. maximum is 300 according to my insurance agent.. =) So total there are 2 insurance need to be bought for the house.. $$$ $$$ $$$... buy house is like one.. but the tot of the new house perk me up again! =)

csy

just saw HDB website got the Oct BTO launch. Haiz, the area we want in Telok Blangah but the price is damn expensive. STarting from 300K one.....for 4 room only

ann_chen

Whyme -- sorry forget to add.. for the house insurance is actually buying for each owner. for eg. (Applicant 1 buy for Applicant 2)-Set 1.. and (Applicant 2 buy for Applicant 1)-Set 2.. this insurance is to just in case anything happen to one of the party, the other party need not have to pay for the house anymore.. but this depend on urself whether do u want to get both or one.. I m not sure whether can we don't even buy it.. I think can choose not to buy.. but better buy i feel.. So One set is appx $200++ so two sets will be appx $500??!!

This is just something i know..so share with u.. I also quite concern abt paying extra things after the house installment.. =) hope this is useful to u..

beachgirlz

whyme.. its ok.. after a few days.. shdn be tinking tt much le.. the excitement will die down.. then will start lookng at ID/contractors le
happy.gif

angel.. ya lor.. ppl wanna buy hse yet cannot see the area.. then the block is circle shape.. those looking for units inside cannot see.. then outside units slanted.. big joke sia.. duno wad they are doing..

beachgirlz

icegin.. though u're geting keys earlier.. its stil ok.. more time to prepare ur hse for the AD.. no need rush. i wish i've more time to do my hse leh..keke

winningeleven

Ann chen..u can choose not to buy that insurance..but i will strongly against u do that....my father never bought that and after my father passed away due to illness, my mother had not enough CPF money and ended up we have to pay cash for housing monthly installment...i got a neighbour benefited from this insurance cover..don;t have to worry about the housing loan anymore...The insuarnce cost a bit but definitely help if something happen...u never know...As for my case,even though my brother and me got enough CPF to buy my current home but since both of us will like to have a chance to own a flat in future....imagine if i put my name as a co-owner of the flat...i don't think i can book a flat at 31 oct.

If husband and wife pay 50% of their CPF to HDB, if something happened (death) to one of them, the other one will pay only the remaining 50%.I'm not sure whether husband or wife can actually use 100% of the CPF for monthly installment.

rumi78

Wahh...if hdb allows everyone to postpone their OTP date and collect keys to delay paying downpayment, instalment and conservancy fees, then they no need to earn money and have a huge backlog.But that will be good news for us all. But seems that some of u are not urgent to get a flat and stay in.

winningeleven

That funny...some people so eager to collect the key and renovate the home immediately and some hope that they can collect the key later...somehow i'm also not sure whether HDB allow us to delap the OTP date.If the flat is really, i guess they won't as HDB is not a charity,cause they also must earn $$

There is a only solution which i can think of, instead of showning the marriage cert within 3 months, u can appeal with HDB up to 6 months(may be longer),but u need some proof and document to support.
Xesthir....had u selected yr flat..if not, when is yr appt and when quene number?

icegin

Hi Angel,
Thanks for the email, once I decide on my unit on Monday I will request quotation from him. Praying hard that I will get the rectangular living room one and not the shelter in the middle of the living room or the slanted one in St 64. Maybe will get to see you on Monday... lol

ioio

hi hi.. shall we hv a list to see who are our future neighbour?
Let me start mine first.. think to retain some privacy maybe not stating the unit here ba..

Eileen St 93 989B

ioio

oh ya val.. didnt managed to take photo... as got caught too fast... btw, when will you start to think on the reno?

beachgirlz

eileen.. hmm i'm sourcing for ID/contractors le lor.. ahhaha. so once i get the keys.. will get them to go have a look n start liao
happy.gif
how abt u?

ioio

hi val, we happen to pass by bukit timah shopping there, we look at one of the ID portfolio, looks quite good and he is very honest and helpful.. he mentioned there is no hidden cost and the price seems quite reasonable too... maybe will shortlist a few and get the quotation..