Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

beachgirlz

ya i been to greenwood too but then there hor if no car a bit inconvenient. the ice cream shop there is nice! go try if u all are there for dinner
happy.gif

at sunsetway, clementi arcade there also got an ice cream shop! not bad ice cream too leh.. heee
happy.gif

beachgirlz

ryan

ya 6 is a bit ex but at least no ppl watch us play hehe. will go try the court at our estate soon. see how issit. but no net wor.

kevin.. u didn use net for our court?

beachgirlz

haha justin.. its ok. treat neighbours to cakes is common
happy.gif
no la my skills normal only.. do for leisure eating.. hehe. u wan learn to do for jolin i can teach u though ;)

rdnest

Hi Val
will be glad to b able to join in the gatherings
happy.gif
so exciting!!

Just wonder if aglio oilo like italian fried noodle? dried de, no tomato or cream sauce de.
if so, me got one receipe from my galfren.
super nice de lor. think the herb make it smell & taste nice...

rdnest

Bell’s Pasta

Ingredients:
pasta (preferably spaghetti or linguine) cooked, al dente
chicken breast meat, sliced
sundried tomato, diced

olive oil
garlic, minced (soak in water for 5 min, drained)
parsley, minced

mccormick's italian herb
salt and pepper
water

Direction:
1. Heat up 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil in frying pan
2. Add minced garlic and fry till fragrant
3. Add chicken breast meat and fry till ¾ cooked
4. Add sundried tomato and parsley, stir fry (add water if necessary)
5. Add cooked Spaghetti and stir well
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Lastly, sprinkle mccormick’s Italian Herb to serve

rong

Wow Diana, you have the recipe at your finger tips ar...
There's one brand called 'Masterfoods' where they have many different types of powders/herbs/flavourings sold in small bottles. These include Italian herbs,mixed herbs, Caijun etc. You should be able to find them in most supermarkets.
happy.gif
They're good for pastas or can use to marinate meat like salmon/chicken.

beachgirlz

hi diana

ya its exciting to make new frens/neighbours
happy.gif

tks for sharing . so hv u tried the recipe? how long to cook the chicken breast till 3/4 cooked ar? i'm veri lousy at cooking de la.. hehe. duno when is 3/4 cooked.

alamak333

thanks diana! yupz, that is aglio olio.. the one i had was with prawns... chicken also can
happy.gif
will try it one of these days.. =) do you cook a lot?

pinklady23

Hi all,

haha..everyone is talking about food now. I dont stay there permantly now but over the weekends. Start to feel sick and tired of the food centre nearby. Sometime would prefer to cook instead.

By the way, still having problems finding a photographer for my AD. Tried calling the Forest Production that you guys recommended, still waiting for their reply. Anymore other recommendations?

rdnest

Hi Meirong, Valerie, Angie
not tt me can remember so well lah.. got e receipe in my office PC mah. ROFL :D
We try to cook during e weekend so our kids can hv some home cooked foods. this italian fried mee is e most convenient & my son's fav. me esp like e taste of dried tomato. feel it somehow bring out the flavour of e whole mee :p

to see e chicken 3/4 cooked, colour of meat JUST turn from red/raw looking to white/cooked look. when no more meat dun look red red de, mean can add other cooked ingredients. stir fried abit then serve... meat wun b too tough
happy.gif

rdnest

Hi Meirong, Valerie, Angie
not tt me can remember so well lah.. got e receipe in my office PC mah. ROFL :D
We try to cook during e weekend so our kids can hv some home cooked foods. this italian fried mee is e most convenient & my son's fav. me esp like e taste of dried tomato. feel it somehow bring out the flavour of e whole mee :p

to see e chicken 3/4 cooked, colour of meat JUST turn from red/raw looking to white/cooked look. when meat dun look red red de, mean can add other cooked ingredients. stir fried abit then serve... meat wun b too tough
happy.gif

beachgirlz

hi diana

ya this recipe does look easy! gonna try it soon hehe. where to get sundried tomatoes? how many do i need? tks for the chicken tip.. my steamed pork overcooked one, duno why.. i follow recipe de haha. next time get some easy recipes from u to try
happy.gif

rdnest

Hi Valerie
u can get sundried tomatoes (semi-dried) from cold storage. usually found at those herb or ham counter. dun need get alot. about 100-200 gram can liao. cut them into thin strips, more tasty
happy.gif

my steamed pork oso sometime overcooked. cos even though u off e fire, the steam still so hot thus the meat still cooking inside :p take out the whole plate/bowl from the steamer pot to stop e cooking
happy.gif
practise make perfect!!

this reno make me so bz, think got 2 months no cook bak gu teh liao. when move in liao, me cook u come eat :D

spotkev

*yawn* ;p
feeling hungry with all these recipes and food-talk going around
plan to go old airport road hawker to fill mysf *drooling*, heehee

beachgirlz

hi diana

hmm our hse nearby no cold storage leh.. does ntuc have them?

how long do u steam ur pork? my recipe said 20-25mins leh. i tink its too long but i've no experience so i followed hehe.

ya reno is bz de! wow u can cook bak kut teh hehe. tks for the offer! when i make cakes, i'll not forget ur share
happy.gif
u use packed spices for the bak kut teh?

alamak333

cold storage is opening up everywhere except in Jurong... so sad
sad.gif
I think at the end of the year, the nearest would be Clementi (old ginza building). They have also one new one in Fusionpolis...

when you say steam pork, are you referring to those minced pork with the salted preserved veggie? one of my fave... ha ha.. always order from the rice stall when i eat rice...

hey val, you starting to cook in your flat now?
happy.gif

beachgirlz

hi angie

hmm no.. my steamed pork is with bai cai one. i wonder issit becos the recipe says use pork fillet n i used lean pork cos cant find pork fillet. does it matter?

i don cook often la.. maybe once every few wks on either sat or sun to try out recipes hehe. i know nuts abt cooking :p u cook in ur hse ma?

shawn_

hi Diana good to see u moving in soon. Saw you 2 cleaning house that day wanted to go over say hi but you all seem busy so didnt go over.
happy.gif

shawn

alamak333

hi val, isn't pork filler lean pork? i always get confused... i went to the market the other day and wanted ginger... the lady asked me what type of ginger... i was like... ginger got many types meh? ginger is ginger what... turns out there are at least 3 types... one for chicken.. one for something else... and another for something... wa sey... *faint*

trying to start cooking more now since getting really tired and sick of hawker food ... i have not cooked for ages, cos i am a lousy cook ;p but these few weeks taking baby steps and doing simple stuffs

ryanon123

i also cooked ... but much much more simpler dish... but more often like 2-3 times a week after work now because i'm always the first one to reach home, stomach cannot wait. ha ha. Like what Angie said, dunno what to buy outside to eat.. so decide to cook myself.

often would be kang kong, fish fillet, steamed prawns, potato soup w/ bak ku, carrot and corns. maybe should learn how to fried fish soon ...

but... sometimes didn't cook because the queue at ntuc jp is really crazy

3 days ago, i also attended a make sushi workshop in office. not that hard to make but it gets really messy with all the vinegar smell on the hand.

beachgirlz

hi angie

hmm apparently lean pork n pork fillet is diff wor. i saw 2 diff types at Giant. haha. but i duno wads the diff la hehe. i also didn noe ginger got diff types! we can learn now lor hehe

we can exchange recipes when we succeed! since we all prefer simple yet nice recipes
happy.gif

beachgirlz

wa seh ryan.. u cook so much things n u call it simple ar..

ask u .. how to u handle the bak kut? i hear my frens saying must preboil or smting then wont have the floaty stuffs in the soup (soup will be clear). i tried but still hv leh. does urs have?

ur fish fillet u steam or stir fry or?

pinklady23

Ryan,

Forest do hv photography. Who did u engage? Alex or Don? Juz got a reply from them, Alex is nt available, only Don is. Hence I can have both video and photo, have to choose either 1.

spotkev

val
grace always prepares bak kut soup, acc to her practice,
1) if u add bak kut in tap water and heat both to boil, there'll be much floats
2) so she'll boil the water before adding the bak kut (instead of adding it to cold water and boil both together), there is min float.

u can try
happy.gif

ryanon123

Valerie,

Ya, you need to boil the bak kut once first, just 2 or 3 mins.. then pour the water away and reboil again. Let the bak kut boil in there for a while so that it is cooked, then add in the ingredients you want. I normally throw in a 1/2 cube of those soup seasoning.. dunno what it is called into the soup. Very simple. Sometimes with corn is sweet enough liao, so no need the seasoning.. I heard using 'rong kut'is better, cos less oil and more meat in it.. but don't know how to look for it..

i think the floaty stuff your fren is talking about is the oil inside the bak kut released into the water floating on it.... ha ha..

i just finished cooking .. maybe can show a picture of my task. heh

ryanon123

Angie,

I saw the link. I don't usually add the ingredient into the soup so fast because if i did, when the bak kut is cooked, one of the ingredient i normally put "potatoes"will be like liquid lioa.. ha ha so i think it all depends what you're cooking..
happy.gif

But i got a good tip from the website to put in the meat before the water boils. Nice. Will try and see if it taste better.. ha ha

ryanon123

795576.jpg

this is what i did today.

bottom left is fish fillet coat with bread crumbs
bottom right is steamed prawn
top left is dunno what vegetables with scrambled egg
top right is kang kong w/ spice

ryanon123

I just wrote to LTA again, cos they did not reply to my previous email. This time, i had it with pictures to show to them. They gotta fix it.

795597.jpg

spotkev

according to the reply email, hmm, don't think it's NEA too, unless dengue arises becos of the flood, heehee. Believe ryan can let our town council be more aware of the situation
Dear Kevin,

We refer to your email dated 3 Jun 08.

As matters concern shops in HDB estate come under the purview of HDB, we will, by copy of this reply, refer your enquiry on the plans of the two shops at the void deck of Block 678C and678D Jurong West St.64 to the HDB Jurong West Branch Office to reply to you.

We trust that the Branch Office will reply to you soon. If you need to contact them, please email them directly at [email protected] or call 1800 225 5432.

Regarding the drainage problem at pedestrian pavement leading to Jurong Point , we would appreciate it if you could contact our Property Officer, Mr Bryan Lim at Telephone no. 6 8964 875 (DID) , to provide us with more details to enable us to look into it.

As for enquiry regarding operation of the two bus-stops at your estate i.e Blk 675 to 678 Jurong West St. 64 comes under the purview of the Land Transport Authority (LTA), we will, by copy of this reply, refer to the LTA to reply to you directly .

We trust that the LTA will reply to you soon. If you need to contact them, please email them directly at [email protected] or call 1800 225 5582.

If you have any maintenance related feedback, please do not hesitate to contact our Property Officer, Ms Dawn Ng at Telephone no. 6 8964 858 (DID) or email me so that we can look into your feedback promptly.

Thank you

Yours sincerely
Shirmine Soh (Ms)
PROPERTY MANAGER
WEST COAST TOWN COUNCIL
Tel: 6896 4855 (DID)
Office Tel: 1800 896 4890
Direct Email: [email protected]

ryanon123

Actually,

i wrote to the west coast town council initially but i was diverted to the LTA as they told me it is under the resposibility of LTA. So i am still waiting for LTA to reply, hope they dont'push me to another govt. bodies.. ha ha

alamak333

hi val, the RC is not done yet, I think would only be ready next year...

wa ryan, how long did it take for you to cook 4 dishes? i take ages to just do 2... ha ha...

kevin, that picture set my stomach growling... not good, especially close to mid-night *resist ransacking fridge*

spotkev

angie
've tried cutting down on late night supper too, but can only cut down the quantity, haha, but will still makan, or else tummy will complain

beachgirlz

ryan

no the floaty stuffs is not the oil.. its the blood from the bone. ok i shall try again haha. only tried once. my mom said not to boil the ribs too long if not all the sweetness n taste of the ribs will be gone. hahaha.

boiling soup takes skills also! ya how long did u take to do tat 4 dishes?? i also take v long to do just 2!

kevin.. wa seh ur chilli crab looks fabulous. heng i nv see it at midnite if not i sure crave for it
happy.gif