Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

beachgirlz

hi herain

i 4got if there are 2 shops near each other, i din venture ard cos was in a rush haha. busy bride then :p

i tink paid ard 150 for all items. didn really record got wad items leh.. quite a lot sia. n it differs according to ur dialect. u can check with the shop owner, they will advise u. i just tell them my dialect, n my hb's dialect then they offer me the package.

ryanon123

Meirong,

It's not the people's park complex. It's next to OG but i think i went to a different shop as Valerie. The shop i went is on the 1st floor, and there are 3 shops selling those in a row. Somewhere around there ba. Val's should mean the same place that means there are quite a lot of shops selling those wedding stuffs. Hope this helps.

786662.jpg

pinklady23

Hey people, thanks for the recommendation.

Val, you mean the video and photography are separate cost?

My colleague's brother in law is working with motion image. Anyone here tried their service? If have, please feedback. Thanks.

beachgirlz

ryan.. ah icic. ok when ur video is done, rem to share k hehe

joelle.. yup, forst productions only do video, not like some others for example YS Lee, they do both video and photography but then of cos, the pricing will be different too. i've seen motion image's works, not bad too, u can consider
happy.gif

fangfair

I stay in Blk 678A and will move in after my AD which is on 6 Dec 09
happy.gif
Now go over to my hse occassionally on weekends. My hb goes there more often coz mj sessions
happy.gif

678A Corrine/Shawn
678A whyme
678A whiteyling
678A CSY
678A Icegin
678A Meirong
678A Jayin_fairyland (Apr 08)
678A rdnest (Apr 08)
678A fangfair

icegin

Hi All,
Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone got contacts for wedding cakes, photography, video graphy etc... let me know oso haha I'm a lazy bride.

Hi Meirong,
When u guo da li? Chinatown there got alot of shops selling all the guo da li things.

rong

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the map. But Chinatown complex is no where near OG leh..i'm puzzled. Anyway don't worry. I'll look around at chinatown. Will go OG area see see and Chinatown complex.

Thanks Val!
happy.gif

Hi Icegin,
I have no idea when I GDL. When should be the norm to do it? Is one week before the wedding ok? I'll definitely make a trip down to chinatown to get the GDL stuffs, but not any time soon. By the way, is one day enough to settle? Do they have stock?

icegin

Hi Meirong,
For me I go to fengshui shi fu to get customary date and she say nearer to my wedding muz call her and she will gimme a date & timing for my GDL. I will get my stuffs about 2 to 3 weeks b4 my GDL... if one shop dun have e stock then i will pop into another shop in Chinatown one by one... haha sure can get one.

fangfair

SY> heehee, it could be him coz he went there to play mj with his friends on last sat night... oops, so loud huh?? must tell him that heehee... paiseh :p

ryanon123

fangfair, must know your hubby so that we can play mahjong together ha

sometimes i played with my classmate who is in the same block.

rong

Hi Icegin & Hwee Hwee,
Thank you for your advice. I'll let my hb know.
happy.gif

Hi Diana. Have a nice weekend to u too!

beachgirlz

haha ryan.. now more n more kakis for mahjong huh. so u bought ur mahjong table liao not? did u go carry it back from gek poh? hehe

diana.. u hv a great wkend too
happy.gif

fangfair

hi ryan, my hb said many people in the estate play mj coz he heard mj sound last sat too heehee.. my hb n his friends play for fun so their stake is very small one heehee :p

we moved the mj table from hb's hse and we purposely called taxi for that..

ryanon123

valerie,

Ya i have bought the table already from Gek Poh and carried it back. Also bought the chips there, sufficient value in chips to split each player $4000+ .. ha ha

spotkev

never had i felt so much guilt, agonisingly scrapping my conscious, bit by bit, as i watched its eyes staring at me, pleading me to let it go...

while it put together the last effort to fend off my chopsticks and toothbrush, i could sense it had resigned to its fate. clumsily, i finally managed to overturn it, pin it down, and open its shell. there it lay, motionless, had its last breath.

gosh... it wasn't easy, at least i succeeded at my first attempt, killing my first crab. the guilt started to drift away, as i placed my sight on another, in the basin. it seemed to freeze after seeing its comrade perished, after putting up a great but futile fight.

oh, let's pray for these little creatures, for they served a meaningful purpose in satisfying my taste buds : )

icegin

Hi all,
I guess everyone shld have make your curtain already... any recommendation? I haven make mine and wat is the price range like?

just_

Hi all,

Any good catering services to introduce for house warming?

Hi Val,

I think i saw you at the bus stop outside our estate a few morning back.

I am not 100% sure that why didn't call you :p

beachgirlz

hi justin

haha i tink i saw u too.. but also duno issit u and bus was coming so was kan chiong to get up. lol. u moved in already?

for caterers u can try neo garden or rasel. rasel is veri good but prices higher than neo garden.

just_

Hi Val,

Haha.. both not 100% sure.
Yeah we moved in.. now waiting to put up the BS shelving.

Our spare room is like yours with lots of stuffs lying around waitinng to unpack...

Rasel is very good as in the food and service?

rdnest

Hi Meirong, my place is almost done le. think will do up the rack latest next week. keep u updated hor... btw, if u wanna drop by on weekends, buzz me k
happy.gif

beachgirlz

hi justin

haha ya earli in the morning ma.. wait call wrong person v pai seh
happy.gif
so ur customary is over already? how's staying in the new hse?
happy.gif

spare room is like tat de.. unpacking takes some time too. mine is cleared liao lor hehe. ya rasel has gd food n service comments, u can try

spotkev

dear all, fyip

Dear Kevin,

We are following up on the email sent to you on 29 September 2008.
The water dispensers in multi-storey carpark of Blk 675 and 676 have been installed, tested, calibrated and certified for use as at 14 October 2008.

If you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact or email me so that I can look into your feedback promptly.

Yours Sincerely
Dawn Ng (Ms)
Property Officer
for Property Manager
West Coast Town Council

spotkev

val
yup, 1st time. much more cheaper, in view of present gloomy economy, to feast crabs @ home. had chili crabs. quite good le.

spotkev

justin
still haben had chance to pop by ur place le
btw got to know ur new neighbour few wks back, staying @ the fan-shaped unit

just_

Hey Kev,

Yeah, you can come up and knock on my door anytime as im staying there full-time now.
You can call me too. U still have my number rite?

Which neighbour is that? The one opposite me with the slanted unit and Weiken as their ID?

just_

Hi Val,

Customary is next yr March. Now bz with the fitting and the upcoming fotoshoot next mth.

New house is great except for the dust and the long legged spiders. Furnitures all in except for BS shelving (need to call and arrange) and mahjong set (coming tonight)... Haha

Grout seal seems to work fine for the moment as the grouts are still white after a few months of mopping.

1 thing i noticed is that once a family starts to cook, the whole block will know. The fragrance travels fast...

just_

Hi April,

Welcome to 675B and the neighbourhood.
Could you be my new neighbour? Haha...

My neighbour is doing renovation now...

beachgirlz

hi justin

so u hv half yr more to prepare. my hse also veri dusty.. n saw the 1st spider in my hse last few days. duno come from where.

where did u buy ur mahjong set n table? i'm also getting 1 but haven buy yet hehe. many mahjong kakis here liao huh
happy.gif

yup i agree! smtimes when i'm home early after work, smell all the nice fragrances, i miss home cooked food!
happy.gif

do u n jolin cook? nv see u at bustop liao eh.. walk to jp le ar? hehehe

rong

Hi Diana,

Thank you for helping us srouce for the shelves. Your reno progress is fast! I'll drop by your place if I'm around. Not sure I'll be there this weekend yet. I'll sms you if I'm there.
happy.gif

ryanon123

Hi Justin,

would like to pop by your house again ... to see the grouting... that time see you like work so hard for it, surely quite impressive eh? Heeh

You bought your mahjong table already? There is a shop at Gek Poh shopping centre, i think among the cheaper after i do some checking. And the chips you can buy there too, i quite like it. It's $11.90

Just played mahjong yesterday night, and apparently we're not the only one at that block. Heee

ryanon123

Kevin,

That day i complain about the airplanes flying at midnight, they called me back a few days ago and give the same old reasons .. "will try to minimise the disturbances etc..."

just_

Hi Val,

Table - Boon Lay Shopping Center.
Mahjong set - Chinatown Shopping Center.

Got both for free as house warming gifts. :p
I like the set alot as its black instead of the usual white color and it comes with a metal casing.

I'm still "paying school fee" for mahjong lessons...Noob

Yes jolin does cook but not so frequent...

This week wont see me at bus stop as i'm working early shift and need to be at office by before 7am.

just_

Hi Ryan,

Sure.. You have my contact number too? You can come with Kevin. Not so impressive la.. Workmanship not professional enough so will have flaws...

By the way, anyone tried using the 3rd party decorder box to watch scv channals?

spotkev

val
u can get live crabs @ $3 each at ntuc/sheng siong. thought i dislike sheng siong, have to admit they've gd variety of fresh seafood.
so at $3/each, cheap cheap can buy many crabs, but crab-slaughtering tiring le.

ya, she amazes me everytime, from soup-brewing, home-cooked food, ribs blar blar to now crabs. as i said, she has the flair, and now, the time. frequent visitor of the nearby lib's recipe collection, haha

alamak333

Hi all,

how's everyone? it's been sometime since I visited the thread... thought it was closed? (what do they mean ==> Closed: New threads not accepted on this page?)

Came across this crab place in St 91 yesterday -Big Eaters Crab ... It is quite nice, probably not as nice as the home-cooked ones by Kevin & wife ;p ... but good enough for food-deprived people like us... have been eating the hawker food in Pioneer Mall, Gek Poh, Sheng Siong, and Jurong point... getting pretty sick of hawker food.... btw, if you have any good food places to recommend around here... do share share ;)

Oh, and we have a Botak Jones in the Kopitiam near Boon Lay Market...

spotkev

ryan
regarding the airplane noise, it's something that we cant change, but can only raise the issue with mindef time and time again, almost impossible to overrule the govt agenda, unless tengah airbase moves elsewhere to beyond our proximity.