678C Ms_blur
678C Faith (Apr 08)
678C Pong & Mi (Apr 08)
678C sk (Apr 08)
678C shanabb (Apr 08)

678D dar80

linksie

serious? the temple has events very often? damn that's really annoying

actually we just reported that the skirting joints got some holes. somehow the hdb contractor decided to replace plus re-stain all the timber skirting/floor which came out quite nice. although kind of wasted cause my ID had everything regrind, and re-stain again to match the deco

btw did anyone use duro locks for the gate? seems like its kind of loose...

adathong

Hi Ryan,

Ya ya, think we will subscribe most probably in dec lol...but you can join Meng to watch liaoz..

Meng n Liz,

not too sure if i have seen you before but seems my close friend knows you guys..i just live one stair below urs too :p

csy

probably was 7th month, than mooncake festival after that. That's why got more events.

my blk lift got problem. Can't close properly. Call them to resolve but seem like they not doing much.

philipces

me at 678D also dar80

675A Estelle
675A toothytooth
675A ngel65
675A Jiajia
675A apprye

675B Henvye
675B Kevin
675B khy
675B Yen Chern
675B Justin&Jolin

676A 1118
676A Goatie
676A HenryWoo1978

676B Li
676B christine
676B joelle
676B Henry/Aili (Apr 08)

677A Angie

677B Valerie
677B Woonie

677C Jolene Low (Apr 08)
677C Sharemoments (Apr 08)
677C junxian ( Apr 08 )

678A Corrine/Shawn
678A whyme
678A whiteyling
678A CSY
678A Icegin
678A Meirong
678A Jayin_fairyland (Apr 08)

678B rav3n

678C Hwee*2
678C Impy
678C Ryan
678C Shermaine
678C Meng & Liz
678C Ms_blur
678C Faith (Apr 08)
678C Pong & Mi (Apr 08)
678C sk (Apr 08)

678D dar80
678D philipces

csy

has been ard for so many years. i doubt the authorities can't do much.

my brother said these factories might be facing out soon.

Than, i notice the smell is becoming stronger as compared to last time.

rdnest

sigh... hate that strong smell too...
sad.gif

rdnest

ms_blur, u oso blur like me leh... me asked my hubby if he had stepped onto some doggie poo or wat :p cos didn't noe why e smell kept lingering :D

nixxy

Esther, HDB changing your parquet? If so then probably they need longer than other regular contractors, they are not known to be very efficient. If its your contractor probably can get it done in a week after getting the permit.

Can I still feedback to HDB about the scratches on my main door after I've gotten the keys for sometime? Initially I thought abit of scratches nevermind, now my renovation start my door get more and more scratches, don't even know who did it. Argh!! Or is there a way I can buy another door from them?

jayin_fairyland

When we had the joint insp, the officer (i think he is in charge but not the one doing) say will use injection method to rectify bigger patches of hollow parq. He say smaller patches of hollowness is normal and cant do much.

But this morning the HDB contractor (the one doing the rectifying job) called me and say really too many hollow parq, asked me how. Den i say, u shld advise me how to solve this problem, how can u ask me how? Then he say they can change the parq for me, but it will take them more than 2 months cos they sub contract out. And he wan to pre-empt me first so that i wont rush him during this 2 months plus. So i want to know whether this timeframe is normal.

Haha, failed to ask them to redo my living tiles grout. Greyish thru'out and very dirty, but they insist that after staying in and frequent mopping, it will be clean. Any truth? LOL.

Regarding the doors, can check with ur ID/contractor whether they can varnish and touch up for u?

rong

Hi Esther,
Wow..they re-do the parquet for you! That time i also remember my rooms' parquet quite hollow. Almost the entire room is labeled with sticker indicating hollow. But the contractors only drill a small hole and pump in glue for larger hollow areas and said this parquet is safe, it will not pop up over time. So I didn't bother after that.
As for the living room grout, I paid the ID to do it. Cost $350 for living room only. But now it's getting more and more dirty. I find it quite tough to maintain white grouts.

Hi April, my main door had a long crack and asked the HDB fix for me. Then as reno progress, many scratches start to appear cos of opening the gate lock. Asked my ID to fix the scratches but she said she don't have the same tone of paint for the door. So she suggested to paint the entire door a different colour. Now my door is white and it looks good.

rdnest

meirong, ur main door is white huh? me must hv missed it? think got to get my ID to do a re-paint too... or should I just do varnish?

*faint*

nixxy

Oh, the door can be painted some other colours? Haha, I thought its a uniform thingy. Is there any particular colour we shouldn't paint our door? I'm thinking of black, actually red is way cool but I don't want to be TOO outstanding. =X

jayin_fairyland

ya leah. i never insist, but the hdb guy just called me up tis morn. good also.. if not they can only pump in glue for the big areas rite.. small areas they leave it hor...

my main door got a long crack both front and back too. but i think no choice one.. either varnish or paint over it, depending on ur preference in the colour?

rong

Yes Diana, my door is white.
happy.gif
White gets dirty rather easily. But it's nice..haha. I've also got my gate painted grey. You see whether u like the original colour of the door or you totally want to change it then decide whether to varnish or paint.

April & Esther, I have no idea what colours can't be used to paint the door. I chose white because it'll look nice. What I've noticed is that no one seems to have painted their main door except mine. I've seen people painted their gate black.

ryanon123

Hey Meirong,

You painted white? You done it after i went up for a visit? heh

Linksie,

One of the taxi driver who i took recently told me that temple is the largest in Singapore. At important events, it will have 500 tables. That's a lot huh.

rong

Hey Ryan, you didn't go for honeymoon? Yeah, the door was painted after you dropped by. I haven't visit your house yet. Maybe I can drop by this Sat morning if you're around?

lala8

Hi,

Did anyone write to town council asking them to install water dispenser at the washing bays in the carparks?

spotkev

lala

well just recently on 19 sep, i did question the wisdom of having water dispenser-less washing bays @ our msc. however still no reply from TC le.
before they install, u can go to our next-door estate msc, theirs is @ ground deck

spotkev

sy chen

unsure if i still recognise ur hubby
saw him @ the st 64 bus stop one of these mornings, but scared remember wrongly, malu, haha

spotkev

haha, doubt he can recognise, we arrived in hordes @ ur place so many mths back, and i was walking past the bus stop in that morning, thought 'he' resembles ur hubby

pinklady23

Hey guys,

How are all of you? Seems like quite a number of new neighbours, welcome.

Right now busy preparing for my wedding as well as my school children concert. Tired...
Juz wanna know anyone here do online RSVP for your wedding banquet? If so, how to go about it? Thought of having a wedding website and so that friends could easily RSVP online and also save me the trouble of calling them. If anyone has done it before, hope you can share with me. Thanks.

rong

Hi Joelle,
My hb and I created a blog with a few photos and details of our wedding. In the blog, we have asked them to reply via email (newly created), stating whether they can make it or not and inclu their contact details. So we just mass email people the blog for them to see.

sharemoments

Hi Joelle,

My hd & I created a wedding website. You can try mywedding.com. Able to RSVP online and at the same time able to see your wedding photos. You can insert the wedding website in ur invitation cards printing.

miz

Hi Joelle,

Here's another free wedding website you can consider
happy.gif
http://www.weddingannouncer.com/

It has the following functions:
- Inform guests about your wedding events
- Include background info on how you met
- Include maps & driving directions
- Personal guest book
- Share wedding day pictures with your guests
- Online RSVP

lala8

Hi Kevin,

Do you still have the email of Minister of Defence? Its past midnight now and planes are still flying. Want to complain.

spotkev

lala
here you go, [email protected]

when i find time, will officially write a letter to minister teo, cc our southwest cdc mayor amy khor abt this issue. the 3 planes which flew past last night had breached the-mindef-curfew-11pm as stated in their earlier explanation. the last plane actually flew over at such low altitude. in addition, thought i heard some choppers too.

ryanon123

i went back to SPH online subscription and apparently they increase the subscription fee by nearly 20%? Thought it was $240+ now $290+. It isn't worth subscribing now, it would cost more.

jayin_fairyland

i pop by to my unit to see how hdb's rectifying works is progressing last night. I heard the planes! I was telling my HTB, so late still have plane flying past?!?!?!? faints.

ryanon123

Ya i saw it the next morning in the paper... sigh..

gives me a second thought whether to subscribe the newspaper. it's quite a big increase... esp. from 80c to $1 for Sat paper.

spotkev

a late reply from town council on washing bay, psfi

Dear Kevin,

First, our apology for the late reply and inconvenience caused.

Permit us to clarify that we have on 14 July 2008, awarded the job to the supplier to install cash-card operated water dispenser machine at the designated wash area at the multi-storey carpark of Blk 675 and 676 Jurong West St 64.

Upon receiving our award letter, the supplier proceeded with their application for the Card Processing Terminal (CPT) from NETS. According to the supplier, CPT is essential to the water dispensing machine because without it, there will be no correlation between the Cash-card and water dispenser machines. They are still pending for the approval.

We have discussed with the supplier to expedite the process of installing the machine . We will installed power supply and water tap at the designated wash area. The supplier will install their machine by 17 September 2008. Once CPT is approved, the machines will be tested, calibrated on site ready for usage as immediate.

We will provide you with an update once tested, calibrated and certified ready for use.

Thank you for your feedback. If you require any clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact or email me so that I can look into your feedback promptly.

Yours sincerely
Dawn Ng (Ms)
Property Officer
for Property Manager
West Coast Town Council

rdnest

thanks Kevin...
any news on e flying plane issue :p
sorry to trouble u... hate those planes.
really frighten my gal so much >_<