Balloting Exercise July - Jurong West

ahockz

then is it possible for ryan to post the pix.
happy.gif
happy.gif
since all the doors are the same. is it possible to us the door for mbr, and bedroom. will it be too small. ? ?

shawn_

hock

assuming it can be done..i think most peeps at jw st64 would be more then willing to sell the doors to people in ys if they want it..

shawn

pinklady23

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the Mr Lai's contact. He came down to my place this afternoon and going to do the metal shelving for me on Wednesday.

Yeah, the noise of the airplanes are really annoying...and i'm surprised when I heard them this morning. Its Sunday and so early man.. I was still sleeping and been woke up by them...

ryanon123

mr lai was supposed to do my metal shelving last sat, i told him repeatedly must be before 3.30pm and he says no problem. that day, he called back and say he can only reached at 4.15pm earliest, i told him to return the next week. siann..

kevin, in that case maybe i should just open the casement windows instead of the top one. i go into the toilet, came out with my feet wet ... immediately and see traces of black markings on the floor from my feet. can imagine how dusty it is on the floor.

ryanon123

just now at night was at home, the cocoa smell quite strong hor.. .sigh...thought the rain would come and kill it but only lightnings and thunders.. no raindrop
sad.gif

baby_whyme

seems like the dust issue is really really bad.
a bit strange cos i stay 5 mins walk from our estate (the pink color estate) and the dust doesn't seem that bad.. hmmm?

ryanon123

whyme,

i think just that renovations are by far too many in our area right now. I'm pretty sure it is part of the cause because after our neighbour renovating his house, my door and the tiles near the entrance by all cover by a layer of dust. Luckily he told me renovation will end by this week.

ryanon123

SY Chen,

I was playing mahjong at my friend's house at that night, as i was facing the tall windows at the living room, can keep seeing lightnings, and wait for rain but never come.

Kevin,

I don't know if the cocoa smell is worst at lower floors cos when i go back to my house at 10pm +, the smell seems not so obvious. Maybe i was already immune to the smell after nearly 5 hours of torture. heh

spotkev

sy chen
ur unit not likely to have the cocoa smell cos ur main windows face away from the wind direction coming from JP

spotkev

The cocoa smell comes from the cadbury chocolate factory
Unsure abt its exact location, but believe it’s in pioneer sector
So when the wind blows inland, it will bring along the coca smell to st 64

ryanon123

so i supposed whether we smell it or not depends on the wind direction that day. HA HA

this kind of thing can complain or not?
sad.gif
maybe they can do more to contain the smell, like not letting off the gas during night time or weekends, or neutralise the smell before letting it out.

rumi78

NDP is coming. Expect more of those roarings... Used to study at JJC.. and wow. is really really loud... but we don't really hate them coz can take a 'break' in class...until all those fighter planes zoom past us..

Tried to enquire about sound proofing our area, but seems way out of budget.. Guess may have to buy sound proof draperies..

pinklady23

Well, the sounds made by those planes are so much louder when they passed by JW st 42. I'm teaching there and often have to pause my 'talk' just to let these planes passed...haha..

By the way, just realised some cracked lines on my main door. You think if I go report it to HDB, they will do something about it?

spotkev

Joelle
The contractor has to do something! Or else potential habitat for ants or other creatures
They will fill crevices on ur main door with filling

spotkev

Xesthir
Remember during my younger days that JJCians were envy of ur peers cos u guys enjoy a/c classrooms leh
1 main reason is the noise created by planes above, so most classrooms are air-tight, sound-insulated, n in comfort of a/c

baby_whyme

i also found small tiny crackline on bedroom doors.. but dunno if should report. it's like all over the place; here and there got a bit a bit that kind.

spotkev

ryan
whether u smell it depends on the wind direction and importantly, the orientation of your windows. urs should have luxury of cocoa-filled fragance in ur hse liao, since facing JP. others like sy chen's, the windows face away and overlooking the garden, unlikely to smell the cocoa

ryanon123

i knows those cracked lines on the doors will reappear after a while, they won't go away because they are wood.. but try to get them to fix it as long as within the window period.
happy.gif

jess828282

HI All,

Can anyone help to create a u turn so that it easir to exit to the highway rather than have to go straight to u turn or illegal turining after the exit from our flats??

LI

apprye

Hey peps,

I'm thinking of collecting signatures to request that LTA improves the traffic situation at our place.

As more and more people shift in, all the illegal u turns are just accidents awaiting to happen.

Who's keen on making our estate a safer place to be in?
happy.gif

alamak333

hihi,

the issue of improving our traffic condition has been brought up in the forum page on the Chinese newspaper. The HDB says that they cannot do a right turn at the entrance of our estate. They say they will be exploring other ways to improve the traffic condition...

ha ha... i wonder what else they have in mind...

alamak333

hi whyme, our main door also has cracks and we asked them to rectify it... I think they just sandpaper and touch up but the crack is still quite visible...

apprye

Angie,

When is the papers? I'd like to read the article... Funny, don't understand why can't they make a right turn into the estate...

If we don't make the illegal U turn, we will have to waste a lot of time to go one BIG round to get to the PIE or into our estate....
sad.gif

That's a terrible wastage of time and FUEL especially with the escalating fuel prices!! :x

alamak333

Hi apprye, the reply is in Lianhe ZaoBao June 30 page 10. I think I mis-read the article.. they said they cannot have another opening not the right hand turn... sorry..

ryanon123

angie,

i just went to read the article and i find it quite sarcastic when he says something like "you think every neighbourhood can have a direct turn into the estate meh". LMAO ...

and he ended off saying they will look at other alternatives...maybe sometime later someone should write in and ask what's the other alternatives... i'm sure it means no alternatives indirectly. Ha ha .. He should just say "go live with it"

apprye

Well, I'd just say that it's poor planning on LTA/HDB's side to not be able to have a direct turn into the estate.

Will look for the ZaoBao when I get home later. This is really absurd.... Think we really have to voice out and gather more supporters...

rumi78

WOW.. LTA not yet reply me via email on my request, already got reply in zabao. I don't have zabao leh...

I think the alternative is for HDB/LTA to see if there is another better entrance to our estate, prob the side facing temple?

Obviously it is a serious design flaw to the entrance/exit of the estate. Even the left turn into the entrance of our estate after coming in from the slip road is not prominent and too short a distance to slow down & turn left. Many visitors will surely miss it and go one big round.

shawn_

or they will brake suddenly or they will *enter* through the *exit* just waiting for something to happen..b4 they do anything

this reminds me of a case of fire in singapore. cant rem the place but apparently people feedback to the town council, govt abt objects blocking at stairway landings for years to no avail. until it caught fire and people died. then mp start coming and finger pointing.

i am a bit hazy on the details ie i could be wrong but it was something like that..

shawn

rumi78

I was thinking why can't they just remove the entire divider outside at st 64? This way we could turn out either way!

I agree that the sign for entrance is not prominent, motorists might enter via the exit if they miss the entrance or if they duno which one is entrance. Actually our estate is not condo whereby there is a guard house station in btw entrance & exit to indicate clearer entrance & exit road, can't they just do away with the separate entrance & exit and merge as one road with arrow markings on the ground to indicate the way?